Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
MommyRobin
Mouseketeer

When did room rates increase??

I knew about the TICKET rate increase, and bought my UT tickets right when it was announced. I was just about to book my room at Pop for August, and I noticed that it went up! Not too long ago (maybe a week or so?) a 6-night stay was $506 with the RO discount. Now the exact same dates are $558! It's not a massive difference, but I'm just a bit frustrated that I didn't book it before I knew about the room increase.
MommyRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

If it was a room only special the time period to book it may have ended or the number of rooms that had been blocked out for that pricing may have sold out and prices on remaining rooms will revert to rackrate.

Early August would have been part of the summer specials and right now the only discounts are for late summer August 15th/September28th dates.

Or they may have had standard rooms available last week (the default option when checking prices) but now only have prefered rooms and it defaults to that higher priced room which is about 5 or 10 bucks more per night.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
MommyRobin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
If it was a room only special the time period to book it may have ended or the number of rooms that had been blocked out for that pricing may have sold out and prices on remaining rooms will revert to rackrate.

Early August would have been part of the summer specials and right now the only discounts are for late summer August 15th/September28th dates.

Or they may have had standard rooms available last week (the default option when checking prices) but now only have prefered rooms and it defaults to that higher priced room which is about 5 or 10 bucks more per night.
Neither applies to me. My dates are Aug 17-23. This is for the standard room (double-checked that).
Old 06-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRobin View Post
Neither applies to me. My dates are Aug 17-23. This is for the standard room (double-checked that).

Well that was the only thing I could think of, maybe someone else will have a theory.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
MommyRobin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Well that was the only thing I could think of, maybe someone else will have a theory.
Thanks anyways. I appreciate your trying to help!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
malacajo
Mouseketeer

That happened a lot to me last year when looking at DCL prices...I checked almost daily, I was a little obsessive about it! Some days the rates would increase on the same exact cabins, then change back, it was weird. Everyone kept telling me that I must have been doing something wrong but trust me, I spend way too much time on these things and always double and triple check myself...I hope you end up with a good rate! Good luck
Old 06-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
MommyRobin
Mouseketeer

So should I just cross my fingers that they will go back down to "normal" tomorrow? Does anyone think I might have any luck if I call? I've been trying to search everywhere for an explanation and can't figure this out!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Are you sure you weren't originally looking at rates for the All Stars? Because I looked up the cost for Pop for your dates with the offer and also came up with $558, but noticed that it showed an alternate offer for All Star Sports for $506. And when I checked the regular rates for your dates at allears.net I saw that Pop does cost a little bit more than the All Stars for rack rate, but both come up at 20% off with the discount.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #9
MommyRobin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Are you sure you weren't originally looking at rates for the All Stars? Because I looked up the cost for Pop for your dates with the offer and also came up with $558, but noticed that it showed an alternate offer for All Star Sports for $506. And when I checked the regular rates for your dates at allears.net I saw that Pop does cost a little bit more than the All Stars for rack rate, but both come up at 20% off with the discount.
I saw that too, but I'm positive that I had that price for Pop! I do know that ASMu is cheaper, but I'm sure that it was even cheaper before as well (when I'm sure that Pop was $506). I feel like I'm going crazy!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #10
C-CMom
Mouseketeer

You may have already thought of this. but do you have a AAA membership? It may even be worth getting a membership for a small, but possibly helpful discount on the room only. For example you could save 10% (estimate on value resorts from Mousesavers) on the room. Even if you just "broke even" with the price for the membership, you could get the other discounts AAA offers.
Just a thought...
Old 06-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #11
MommyRobin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-CMom View Post
You may have already thought of this. but do you have a AAA membership? It may even be worth getting a membership for a small, but possibly helpful discount on the room only. For example you could save 10% (estimate on value resorts from Mousesavers) on the room. Even if you just "broke even" with the price for the membership, you could get the other discounts AAA offers.
Just a thought...
I can't stack this with the existing 20% RO discount, can I? If not, the existing discount would be a lot better for me.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by malacajo View Post
That happened a lot to me last year when looking at DCL prices...I checked almost daily, I was a little obsessive about it! Some days the rates would increase on the same exact cabins, then change back, it was weird. Everyone kept telling me that I must have been doing something wrong but trust me, I spend way too much time on these things and always double and triple check myself...I hope you end up with a good rate! Good luck
Cruise rates are set differently than resort rates (just like you choose your cabin but not your resort room). You don't get rates set for a particular time frame. You get rates based on how well the individual cruise is selling. Cruise rates for all lines, not just Disney, can change hourly!

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #13
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I saw that too, but I'm positive that I had that price for Pop! I do know that ASMu is cheaper, but I'm sure that it was even cheaper before as well (when I'm sure that Pop was $506). I feel like I'm going crazy!
Well, according to the offer page, the discount at all the values is 20% (although Music doesn't seem to be included), and $558 is the right price for 20% off Pop rack rates for your dates. ($96 for the 17th, $80 a night for the 18th - 22nd plus 12.5% tax.)
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Room rates increased 1/1/13. Any other discrepancy in pricing isn't due to a sudden/current/recent price change.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #15
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I knew about the TICKET rate increase, and bought my UT tickets right when it was announced. I was just about to book my room at Pop for August, and I noticed that it went up! Not too long ago (maybe a week or so?) a 6-night stay was $506 with the RO discount. Now the exact same dates are $558! It's not a massive difference, but I'm just a bit frustrated that I didn't book it before I knew about the room increase.
PP is correct. Room rates have not changed AT ALL. They were set last year for all of 2013.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: