Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #61
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchrow View Post
but 4 people, whatever the configuration of adults/children, is still four people, no?
"double occupancy" is two, yet 2A plus 2C, or 1A plus 3C, still equals four - and no additional fee is incurred.
Of course. But based on my previous posts regarding additional charges a hotel incurs as a result of 4 people occupying a room, just how much water, electricity, towels, etc. is your 4 year old using compared to your 20 year old? Likely, not as much. Not enough to justify the additional fee for a hotel. When hotels charge for older kids, its because they are older, more independent, and likely consume utilities like adults. Most hotels go with the standard 18 and older since 18 year olds are truly adults, and could legally get their own rooms to boot.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #62
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchrow View Post
the point is: should Disney impose a fee simply based of the age of the room occupants?
Absolutely. I sure as heck don't want Disney, Hilton, Marriott or any other business sticking their noses into our living arrangements and making the determination if we're really a "family unit."

I also don't want them to have discretion. They need a black & white RULE. You think people scream about various things being unfair? You ain't heard nothin' yet!

Age is the simplest determinant. Just as it is for the government or for doctors or for schools. I was paying my d's tuition but had no right to see her grades, health records, disciplinary infractions, etc. Why? Because she was 18. They didn't try to figure out whether she was "mature" enough to make her own decisions.

I don't want Disney making any other determinations.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 05:22 AM   #63
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Absolutely. I sure as heck don't want Disney, Hilton, Marriott or any other business sticking their noses into our living arrangements and making the determination if we're really a "family unit."
No kidding!

And how exactly would they determine you were a family unit? Drivers license? Student ID? People are unhappy that Disney sometimes asks for that when using their AP to park for free! You think they would want to have to have an ID for everyone if the family, and then show the ID of everyone in their family to somehow prove they were a "family unit"?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: