Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
kandb
DIS Veteran

POR vs. AOA suite

We are a family of five, 2 adults, 10,10,3. We currently have a POR preferred room reserved for Sept. I am considering changing to an AOA suite. The main reason for my switch would be for the extra room the suite will have. We plan on spending resort time and POR can be a bit crowded if you want to relax in the room. It will cost around $1200 more to change to AOA and we can afford it BUT I keep telling myself $1200 is alot of money and we could put that towards our next trip. We just went on a Discovery Cove/Aquatica/Seaworld trip this past April. Also, we love POR and it's location (DTD). Anyone have this dilema??? Any thoughts/opinions?
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

$1200 is a lot of money! We just stayed at POR with three kids also (11, 9, 6) and thought it was fine. We loved the resort! We followed tips to bring hanging organizers (one sweater and one shoe) that we hung on the bar by the sink, and that helped with storage. We found corners to stash the suitcases. It required being organized, but we didn't feel cramped. We didn't spend a whole lot of time in our room, though. If we were at the resort, we were mostly at the pool! When we stayed at the Poly, we brought food back from the QS to eat in the room. That would have been difficult at POR. But, there is plenty of seating at POR, and the QS seating at the Poly is really lacking.
I think if you are fine with one bathroom, you will be okay at POR. If the second bathroom is a big plus, then maybe it's worth the extra $ for AoA.
ChristineOH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
kandb
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Christine. The thing is we love POR but would love the extra room, but like you said, if we are at the resort, we will either be at the food court or the pool. I will probably keep POR because we do also like going to DTD some nights. Glad you enjoyed your trip.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Thanks, Christine. The thing is we love POR but would love the extra room, but like you said, if we are at the resort, we will either be at the food court or the pool. I will probably keep POR because we do also like going to DTD some nights. Glad you enjoyed your trip.
I think that's the right choice for you. The pool is better at POR for your 10-year olds and your 3-year old won't really care.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: