Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #151
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizpinfriend View Post

I think there are far worse things in this world to get worked up into a lather about... <--- see what I did there...

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

Old 06-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #152
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Quote:

I think there are far worse things in this world to get worked up into a lather about... <--- see what I did there...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #153
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suger Mag View Post
IMHO.... If they did not want you to take the little bottles, they would simply install a wall dispenser...
Yeaaaaa! Done.

Oh wait....here comes 'another use for bringing zip lock bags'.

I love my little shampoo bottle with the Mickey's ear. I gave one to my nephew in a Christmas stocking and my sister-in-law tells me he makes her fill that lil itty bity thing with his shampoo. Over and over.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
Old 06-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #154
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
Interesting. This manners guy actually tells you to take the FREE shampoos home: http://manners.quickanddirtytips.com/hotel-manners.aspx

and this "elegant" traveling woman, in her section about pilferage, even says they are free. http://www.elegantwoman.org/hotel-manners.html (mind you, she concurs that stealing ashtrays is wrong, but the toiletries are free)
Clearly, they're low class & immature.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #155
Scouter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Not a fan then?

SCORE!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #156
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

At first this thread had me shaking my head.

Now I can't stop laughing. I'm loving all the humorous answers

Old 06-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #157
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you for this!

[

Old 06-18-2013, 01:19 AM   #158
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
Lol! So did I!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post

The tap water is good onboard. I'm sure some fill up jugs of that and take it home too.

That thread will be next month.
Or leaving the ship with wet hair...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarker View Post
We just bought insulated water bottles to fill with H2O for our excursions. I refuse to pay for bottled water when I can get it from the tap.

Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
the postage to oz is criminal....we pay more for postage than for the products....so of course we are going to take extras, as allowed under the mickey code of passage...he wants us to take them....cause he loves us

Thank you mickey for your yummy body lotion and fragrant shampoo...
We love you Mickey and your gorgeous and generously sized samples of shampoo and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
I cannot wait to get on my cruise and try this stuff. If there is such a fight over it, it must be an awesome product, right?? At The Grand Californian, they have H2O products. I wasn't impressed. I still took them home...

I'm in love with the body butter. I used it earlier on my hands and I am thinking of our next cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suger Mag View Post
IMHO.... If they did not want you to take the little bottles, they would simply install a wall dispenser...
I've been to places with those in them! They're awful BTW - my MIL has one installed in her shower because she's seen them in her travels and thought they looked 'neat'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
Yeaaaaa! Done.

Oh wait....here comes 'another use for bringing zip lock bags'.

I love my little shampoo bottle with the Mickey's ear. I gave one to my nephew in a Christmas stocking and my sister-in-law tells me he makes her fill that lil itty bity thing with his shampoo. Over and over.
Ziplock bags! Yes! Great idea

We tipped our cabin steward $10 for some extra toiletries and got a half a bin liner bag full of them, including some of the after sun gel that the regular cabins don't get
Old 06-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #159
ky71
Mouseketeer

I thought these forums were for giving each other tips and encouragement...Ohhh right, I have learnt that I need to make room in my bathroom cabinet for extras...

PS. I confess that I have a sample of toiletries from each of the Disney parks worldwide. The best by far is Tokyo - the Disney hotel has a Seven Dwarf theme! Omgosh a Doc toothbrush...the products themselves are okay but not as nice as my usual shampoo.
TDL-2010, June 2012
HKDL-2010, Oct 2012
DCL-2013

Upcoming trips

DD dancing at DLR in July 2014

WDW & cruise in Sept 2015

Shanghai DL 2016
Old 06-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #160
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

I was on a trip with three tween girls and we ran out of shampoo on day one. I called the front desk for more and they brought me a bag of dozens of shampoos, conditioners, shower gels and mouth wash. I told the houseman I only needed the shampoo and he insisted I take it all.
For what it cost a hotel/cruise line to buy these (pennies) and the advertising they and the manufacturer get from you looking at the product (priceless), I think it's a win/win situation when you take it home.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #161
starousse
DIS Veteran

Am I the only one who doesn't love these H20 products? I just got back from DW a couple of weeks ago and took home some shampoo/conditioner and used it today for the first time. I thought it was horrible. Just me opinion!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #162
Suger Mag
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't love these H20 products? I just got back from DW a couple of weeks ago and took home some shampoo/conditioner and used it today for the first time. I thought it was horrible. Just me opinion!
I don't really like it either... I have long thick hair and it first didn't lather very good with the shampoo and then the conditioner made it feel funny... like it was not conditioned ...so the combing after was not easy (the reason why I use conditioner)... however in its defense once it was dry I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with texture or behavior. I did like the smell and the reminder of the cruise are why a few bottles found their way home post cruise

Magic Kingdom and River Country 1980 * Grand Floridian Grand Gathering/ Wonder Cruise 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas:40th B-day/ Food and Wine 2009 * Grand Californian Experimental Biology 2010 * Animal Kingdom Villas:Thanksgiving 2011* 20th Anniversary Fantasy Caribbean Cruise July 2013* Spring Break Cruise on the Wonder March 2014

Old 06-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #163
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
I don't get the draw either. I'll use the bottle or two I get when staying at the resorts (Marathon weekend I usually have extra left without asking for it...maybe they note I'm running the marathon?) for post-gym-pre-work showers rather than haul my big bottles around, but that's about it. I like it slightly better than the crap they have at the gym, but only slightly.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #164
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Well, if nothing else you guys had me pulling stuff out of my bathroom cupboard this morning to see if I did in fact, have any containers of the stuff!

I think we took the partially used ones from our bathroom - that's still okay, right - but must have used them & chucked the containers. I don't remember them having pics of Mickey on them so was trying to refresh my memory.

Like others have mentioned, I wasn't crazy about the shampoo/conditioner and wouldn't be using it next time anyway. However, my dh who occasionally travels does have to book a specific hotel (by his wife's request) in a specific city so that he can bring home the Bath & Body Works toiletries they provide.

It's all about finding your favourites
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
Old 06-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #165
SILLYANDI
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
Well, I NEVER take the shower caps. Ever. Even though there are some good use for them.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=0
Oh No, you have created a monster. People are going to start hoarding the shower caps too.

there are some pretty creative people out there, I'd have never thunk to use a shower cap for anything but my head.

Hmmm. another thought just occured to me. If people are hoarding shower caps AND shampoo/conditioner....Do you think DCL will start surveying guests each day "are you washing your hair today or not?" then only supplying one or the other?????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: