Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
Jess6001
Hey there, Mr. Grump Gills. You know what you gotta do when life gets you down? Just keep swimming...

Shades of Green wedding, Dinner at Chef Mickey's

Hey DISers!

My sister is in the initial stages of planning her wedding (May/June 2015). She has always dreamed of being a Disney bride but is on a tight budget. We found out about the Shades of Green packages and were suprised how affordable it could be! We have a military sponsor. We are considering the Magnolia Package that costs $2,500 for 30 guests or under. It includes everything you need for the ceremony (music, photography, makeup/hair for bride, officiant) and cake/champagne toast. Reception cannot be added on. We are thinking of doing a morning wedding then letting our guests relax a few hours during the day at their onsite hotels and then meeting up for dinner at a Disney restaurant. We were currently considering Chef Mickey's. We thought my sister could have the traditional wedding dress for the ceremony and then a short/more casual dress for dinner.

With this plan, I think the whole wedding could cost about $5,000!!

It isn't exacty traditional to have dinner at Chef Mickey's but our family LOVES Disney and we think it could be FUN!

Has anyone done the Magnolia Package at SoG? I tried hard to search for this but didn't come up with anything on disboards. What do people think of having dinner on property vs. a traditional reception?

So excited that a Disney wedding might actually be possible!!

Jess6001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
olwyngdh
DIS Veteran

We found budget wise that the silver package would work better for us. We are planning on 30-35 people, and it will cost u $31-3500. It includes everything but the photographer.

Diana has been a big help in our planning.

olwyngdh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Jess6001
Hey there, Mr. Grump Gills. You know what you gotta do when life gets you down? Just keep swimming...

Thanks for the reply. We were also looking at the Silver Package and I spoke with Teresa more about it this morning. She says it doesn't include flowers/decorations, photography, alcohol, and DJ. With these things added, I would anticipate more 5-7K range. But I agree, this package is also a possibility.

Last edited by Jess6001; 05-13-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Hope everything goes perfect for you!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Making a regular dinner reservation for a large group is a very popular option for people who book the wedding packages offered by Disney and the Swan & Dolphin, and I don't think their guests bat an eye. Disney is already a non-traditional place to have a wedding, and I think many guests enjoy doing something out of the ordinary for a wedding.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

That sounds fine except I would chose a nicer restaurant than Chef Mickey's for the dinner. To me that would be like celebrating at McDonald's.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #7
Jess6001

Now we are considering Spirit of Aloha dinner show. We have never done it though. It's nice because the price includes beer and wine for our guests. What do you all think of that for a post wedding dinner??

Old 05-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #8
monami7
DIS Veteran

We are renewing our vows at Shades of Green in Nov. We are doing a custom package. you can rent the gazebo or the balcony for $125. We booked everything ourselves and the cost comes to $1300. We are eating at Manginos after the VR. We have 20 - 25 guests coming.

I dont think you would need to have drinks at the ceremony. Especially if it is in the morning. I would Just have them at dinner later.

If you are doing Dinner somewhere I think the Luau or Hoop de doo would be fun. The inclusion of wine and beer is a nice addition.
Also instead of Dinner you may want to consider a dessert party at either The Marina at Grand Floridian or at Epcot. You could have the cake there as well.

Heidi
Old 05-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

We did a small family Sunrise Wedding at SoG, and just rented the Gazebo (125.00) and decorated it ourselves. Afterwards, we went to the Grand Floridian Cafe and had a Champagne breakfast, with a custom wedding cake from the GF bakery. It was a very magical morning!!

Military-sponsored brides don't know how well they have it, being able to have a Disney Wedding so inexpensively. I notice the charge of the Gazebo hasn't changed in 4 years!! Oh, and 'Ohanas is a fun place to celebrate too!!

Our Custom Wedding cake from GF Bakery

And don't forget, you can have a brick made on the path to the Gazebo too!
[IMG][/IMG]

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #10
smoof
I've earned my ears!!!

There were no packages and things have change a lot since I was married at SOG. It is great, but I would eat at SOG not Chef Mickey's. The food at SOG is so much better.

smoof is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: