Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
PrinceOfPeace
Mouseketeer

AKL condensed -w/small kids

Ok, so I am strongly leaning toward AKL...after crunching numbers and looking at different options and talking about it and pondering...etc etc. LOL

I have little ones so I just don't have time (nor the patience at times LOL) to search through pages of pages of information surrounding this beautiful resort.

I'd like to know the following (links ok if there is not too much to read...LOL)

Which building...Kidani or Jambo? why?

Is Savanna view absolutely necessary like yourfirstvisit said?

How much are the children's services currently? $70? And for how long 2hrs?

And if you have small children, why do you like it personally?

Thank you in advance for responding!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
canoeingmonkey
Earning My Ears

Kidani consists of DVC units. Jambo has regular units and some DVC units. If you're looking for the regular hotel, Jambo is your choice.
canoeingmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
PrinceOfPeace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoeingmonkey View Post
Kidani consists of DVC units. Jambo has regular units and some DVC units. If you're looking for the regular hotel, Jambo is your choice.
Oh gotcha...so that's why they were more expensive...thanks
Old 06-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfPeace View Post

Is Savanna view absolutely necessary like yourfirstvisit said?
For me, yes, emphatically. We spend a good part of every afternoon with a coke or a glass of South African wine contemplating the animals. For you...? I don't know you. Maybe you spend every moment of your day in the parks contemplating your next Fast Pass? In which case, the view should be of no interest at all. Maybe you are a people-watcher...in which case a pool view might be a reasonable middle ground. Consider your touring style as part of the data that has to be crunched.

I think the kids clubs are about $12 per head per hour. Money well spent as kids need some free play time away from all that standing in line.
CoolPool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #5
PrinceOfPeace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post

For me, yes, emphatically. We spend a good part of every afternoon with a coke or a glass of South African wine contemplating the animals. For you...? I don't know you. Maybe you spend every moment of your day in the parks contemplating your next Fast Pass? In which case, the view should be of no interest at all. Maybe you are a people-watcher...in which case a pool view might be a reasonable middle ground. Consider your touring style as part of the data that has to be crunched.

I think the kids clubs are about $12 per head per hour. Money well spent as kids need some free play time away from all that standing in line.
Thank you! My tastes change....I don't like to consider one thing over the other.....I like to see what my options are. What frightens me is people watchers in pool area! Eek! Lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: