Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

We have 57 days left until our trip, yay yay yay,,,myself, DH, DD10, DD7, and DD turning 5 while we're there,,,,yay again. I've worked my buns off trying to get things just right, but we're not Disney Pros quite yet. I've been a handful of times, this will be DH's second time, and I just want to make sure I haven't missed any obvious ways to make our trip even more enjoyable. So any critiques would be awesome!!!

Just want to add, we are big sit down eaters, I'm pretty sure we all have some type of mutant metabolism,,,we LOVE princesses in our house, and we're all terrible night owls who don't require much sleep. So,,,yay,,,,give me some ideas!!!!

Day 1
8 am flight from Chicago
No tickets planned, want to check in, pick up rental car, and get settled
Dinner-8:20 'Ohana

Day 2
Epcot/MK
8:00 Akershus
1:00 Chefs de France (hoping to see Remy)
8:05 Be Our Guest

Day 3 (My 33rd Birthday)
HS/Epcot
7:45 'Ohana
11:20 Sci-Fi (probably just milkshakes and an app)
5:40 Yachtsman
Hoping to see Illuminations this night

Day 4 (DD's 5th Birthday!!!)
MK
7:50 Chef Mickey
5:00 BBB appointments for all DDs
7:15 CRT (Added her Royal Highness Package)

Day 5
Blizzard Beach (if we have the energy)
10:15 Cape May Cafe
7:15 1900 Park and Fare

Day 6
AK/MK
8:20 Tusker House
6:05 Citricos
9:00 Tommorowland Terrace Dessert Party (YAY!!)

Day 7
Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon or DisneyQuest depending on how everyone is holding up
10:30 Park and Fare
8:00 Raglan Road

Day 8
MK/Epcot
8:20 Crystal Palace
3:10 Via Napoli
9:00 Narcoossee's

Day 9
MK
10:05 CRT
4:30 Boma
Flight out at 8:35

So,,,,let me know, let me know!!!!
Also, we do plan on heading back to the hotel most days to nap.

Last edited by martinezmom3; 06-15-2013 at 07:17 PM.
martinezmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Hooked On The Mouse
DIS Veteran

Location: Thigh-high in snow half the year, up to the eyeballs in mosquitos the other half

I think you have lots of good choices. I have nothing different to suggest. I am glad to see that you are doing Akershus and also CRT for both breakfast and dinner. We enjoy lots of princess meals with our dds too! I hope you enjoy the dessert party; I've been curious about that one for a long time!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked On The Mouse View Post
I think you have lots of good choices. I have nothing different to suggest. I am glad to see that you are doing Akershus and also CRT for both breakfast and dinner. We enjoy lots of princess meals with our dds too! I hope you enjoy the dessert party; I've been curious about that one for a long time!
I think I was most excited to get the dessert party. I was on the fence about wether or not I wanted to add it, but something about having to wait for those reservations to open up just sucked me in! The thrill of the chase,,,and a room full of desserts, was too much to resist!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

Also, our oldest DD is 10 so this will probably be the last year to see her still have that "little girl" experience at Disney!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

One more question, we're staying at Port Orleans, and should be arriving at MCO airport around 11:30 so we will need lunch. Any ideas for oop for lunch???
Old 06-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinezmom3 View Post
One more question, we're staying at Port Orleans, and should be arriving at MCO airport around 11:30 so we will need lunch. Any ideas for oop for lunch???
You can take the boat to DTD and have lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express - Marketplace or Earl of Sandwich. And then stop by Goofy's Candy Co. to have a custom made treat/snack!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post

You can take the boat to DTD and have lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express - Marketplace or Earl of Sandwich. And then stop by Goofy's Candy Co. to have a custom made treat/snack!
I keep hearing such good things about Earl of Sandwich! Maybe we'll have to check it out Thanks
Old 06-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #8
lovindonald
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinezmom3
Earl of sandwich @Dtd. Dont worry about the line it moves quick. Great sandwiches and some sides. Take the riverboat over from PO
lovindonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

I looked at the menu last night and I think that might be exactly what we're looking for! Thanks! 56 days!!
Old 06-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #10
MermaidMommy
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if you'll have much room for the Dessert Party after doing Citrico's at 6:00. We've done the party before, and we've found that it works much better to have a light counter service meal early enough that we're hungry again by the time the party rolls around. That way we can do the buffet justice!
Old 06-17-2013, 01:19 AM   #11
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidMommy View Post
I'm not sure if you'll have much room for the Dessert Party after doing Citrico's at 6:00. We've done the party before, and we've found that it works much better to have a light counter service meal early enough that we're hungry again by the time the party rolls around. That way we can do the buffet justice!
I think we'll be a little stuffed also, but I'm a little afraid to move that reservation earlier because of nap time, and I'm a little hesitant to use a dining credit for counter service. I think we may just end up going to bed with overfilled tummies that night! Lol Maybe we'll get lucky and get into dinner a little earlier and try to walk of some of it before

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: