Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
michellemb
Earning My Ears

Atlantis Aquaventure

We will be traveling with a 12, 5, and 7 year aboard the Dream and will be docking at Nassau on August 19th. We are looking at the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion for the day.
The 5 and 7 year old are both under 48 inches and the 12 year old has already been to Atlantis with his mother.

I am wondering if the aquaventure is worth the price ($737) given the 5 and 7 year old are not tall enough to do the slides.
I also looked at the comfort suites, but since we are a party of 5 I would have to book two rooms.

Do you think its worth the hefty price tag or should we just stay on aboard and enjoy the ship?

Would love your thoughts.
Thanks!
michellemb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

We are the grandparents, and when we have been with our family, including 3 grandchildren, now 8,9,10, we have taken everyone to Atlantis for the Aquaventure twice and have felt it was worth it both times. The first time not all of the kids could do everything, but they thoroughly enjoyed what they could do, and when we went last August, I think everyone enjoyed it even more because we had the first experience.

The very first time we went to Nassau we did Blue Lagoon Dolphin experience and it was wonderful. The kids were 4, 5 & 6 then.

I know that plenty of people enjoy the ship while in Nassau, but that is not our preference.

Bobbi
Old 06-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
caribbeandreaming
Mouseketeer

Me, DH and DS (7 at the time) did this excursion last year. Honestly, I don't think it was worth the price (and we were only a party of 3).

Here are the reasons why...

1. It took forever to get there. You have to wait in line to go into the WDT, then you have to sit in there and wait for your number to be called. You get off the ship and are transported over there. Then you have to walk quite a ways to actually get to the Aquaventure. It was going on 11:00 before we even got to where we were going.

2. They were out of maps and the signage is terrible. We never could get our "bearings" of the place without seeing an overview of the whole waterpark.

3. LONG lines for the popular rides. Luckily they had a lazy river which we finally just ended up doing for most of the day, but that is a hefty price to pay for that.

4. Lunch was a disaster. The food was fine, but the lines were again, long! The whole process of obtaining food was inefficient.

I have to say though that I'm glad I did experience Atlantis. I had been seeing commercials for the place on TV for years and had really, really wanted to go. It's a neat place, but I think you would be better off to go and actually stay there instead of trying to squeeze in as much as you can in a few hours for over $700. It's way more to see and do than you could ever hope to do in a full day, more the less a few hours. I feel like we left a lot of things unfinished, but maybe that's the point of allowing cruise ship guests to come there - lol. Now I want to go back and actually stay there.

When we were there, it was a total of 5 or 6 ships in port that day. You have a certain # of guests from all the ships and then the people that are actually staying at Atlantis trying to use the Waterpark. I looked up August 19th, and there will be 2 Carnival ships and 1 RCL ship in port that day. However, the RCL ship is the Allure so you might as well count that as 2 ships since it's so big.

So bottom line for me is I'm glad I went there once, but it was definitely not worth the price we paid. However, it is vacation so a lot of the things you do or buy aren't worth the price - not just the Aquaventure.

Good luck with your decision!

Last edited by caribbeandreaming; 06-15-2013 at 09:43 AM.
caribbeandreaming is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: