Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #16
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

We LOVE it!!!!!!

For starters, the location can't be beat. It's a few short steps to Epcot. Seriously, it's right down the block, incredibly close by. And the boat to Hollywood Studios was lovely, my kids loved it. For location, I don't think there's a Disney resort that can compare.

Then, of course, we have to talk Stormalong Bay. My middle child bragged to everyone she knew that she was going to a resort where the pool had its own map!!! Disney in August is HOT, and we were thrilled to be able to spend each afternoon at Stormalong Bay.

The resort itself is a delight. We really loved the vibe, from the greeter who met us at the bus to the immense lobby. I'm not sure where you heard that rennovations were needed, we certainly didn't get that feel.

Finally, I need to put in a plug for the CMs. We had a medical crisis the night before we were due to return home. There was talk that my husband would have to be admitted into the hospital overnight (though he was eventually released.) The CMs couldn't have been more helpful. They honestly did everything in their power to help us, and I am eternally in their debt.

We're returning to WDW in summer 2014. I've already emailed our travel agent, and let her know that we'll be returning to the Beach Club!!

Here's the Beach Club thread natebenna mentioned:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3108911

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #17
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

We visited BC for dinner at cape may on our last trip and hung out in the lobby for a while. We walked out the back lobby doors to look at crescent lake and I totally fell in love. I had to stay there. Lol

As for trip advisor, they never have anything nice to say. I feel like its a forum for complainers. If you want to get great information about real ppl staying at BC check out the BC/YC thread. Everyone is so nice. Don't feel funny asking questions everyone is nice.

Because of the thread we decided that YC was a better fit for us. Happy reading!

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
pamkat1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #18
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Love it there!!! Thus July will be our 4th stay . We are doing a split stay this year with Poly ( want to try each resort) because we can't imagine not spending at least part if our vacation at BC!!!

We just returned from CSR, and the whole time there I was wanting the convenience to Epcot that BC offers, the comfortable lobby, the beautiful SAB, and the ease if getting around the resort.

This resort will spoil you!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #19
Willows909
Mouseketeer

What a pleasure to read this thread! Hubby and I are going to be at BC garden view July 5th and I am so looking forward to SAB as we are just relaxing this time around...it'll be our first visit to BC. How are the garden view rooms? Where are they located in relation to SAB? Any special requests that I should make? Thanks!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #20
Eball2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
We LOVE it!!!!!!

For starters, the location can't be beat. It's a few short steps to Epcot. Seriously, it's right down the block, incredibly close by. And the boat to Hollywood Studios was lovely, my kids loved it. For location, I don't think there's a Disney resort that can compare.

Then, of course, we have to talk Stormalong Bay. My middle child bragged to everyone she knew that she was going to a resort where the pool had its own map!!! Disney in August is HOT, and we were thrilled to be able to spend each afternoon at Stormalong Bay.

The resort itself is a delight. We really loved the vibe, from the greeter who met us at the bus to the immense lobby. I'm not sure where you heard that rennovations were needed, we certainly didn't get that feel.

Finally, I need to put in a plug for the CMs. We had a medical crisis the night before we were due to return home. There was talk that my husband would have to be admitted into the hospital overnight (though he was eventually released.) The CMs couldn't have been more helpful. They honestly did everything in their power to help us, and I am eternally in their debt.

We're returning to WDW in summer 2014. I've already emailed our travel agent, and let her know that we'll be returning to the Beach Club!!

Here's the Beach Club thread natebenna mentioned:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3108911
Thank you so much! I'm def going to join in that thread. Everyone here is also super helpful. I agree that Trip Advisor seems to be a complaint app and everyone here seems to be disney nuts like me. Lol. Anyone going to the beach club this August???
Eball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #21
Eball2
Earning My Ears

It's also good to know that the CM are helpful. Im a severe epileptic and it's comforting to know that they are good in crisis
Old 06-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #22
Eball2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
What a pleasure to read this thread! Hubby and I are going to be at BC garden view July 5th and I am so looking forward to SAB as we are just relaxing this time around...it'll be our first visit to BC. How are the garden view rooms? Where are they located in relation to SAB? Any special requests that I should make? Thanks!
Hi willow909! Just so you know, I called the Disney Reservation # and asked if there were any special and they upgraded my garden room to a lagoon view AND reduced the cost bc of a 30% off summer special. Worth a shot
Old 06-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #23
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eball2 View Post
It's also good to know that the CM are helpful. Im a severe epileptic and it's comforting to know that they are good in crisis
I don't want to give you false hopes about medical issues; all their accomodations were in terms of making things easier for us. But in that respect, they absolutely went above and beyond.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #24
Eball2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post

I don't want to give you false hopes about medical issues; all their accomodations were in terms of making things easier for us. But in that respect, they absolutely went above and beyond.
Not at all ) just good to know that CM are helpful and nice. TA made them sound rude
Old 06-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #25
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Was not a Bc fan but Yc love it.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #26
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eball2 View Post
Hi willow909! Just so you know, I called the Disney Reservation # and asked if there were any special and they upgraded my garden room to a lagoon view AND reduced the cost bc of a 30% off summer special. Worth a shot
Thank you so much...I do have the summer special right now! So excited! Have you been there before and should I make any special requests?
Old 06-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #27
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Here is a thread that shows a sample of room views by type (standard, garden, water)

Beach Club Room Views

If you would like a location near the lobby/transportation/SAB, you should request "Close to lobby, please". There are also rooms that are very close to the International Gateway: "Near EPCOT, please". If a patio or full balcony is important to you, your request should be "Full balcony/patio, please"
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #28
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Thank you natebenma....I really am there just for sab, so I will look at the rooms and make a request!
Old 06-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #29
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
We were just at beach club literally two weeks ago, and it was nice. As others have mentioned, negative reviews on upkeep likely due to three factors- 1) people staying at beach club villas, which have a bit of a "lived in" feel, 2) people not used to paying the "Disney" premium, particularly when compared to similarly priced hotels in Orlando not directly on Disney property - as someone else hinted, this is a VERY nice hotel, but will not be the same hotel (in terms of pure hotel amenities, luxury of room, etc) as the Waldorf, and certainly not the Orlando Ritz (although the I think the Ritz is probably a bit more than Beach club, probably priced similar to poly or grand floridian), and 3), you looked at tripadvisor, whose reviewers are notoriously critical of disney, mainly due to factor 2.
I disliked the Beach Club, and not for any of the 3 reasons listed above. I dislike it for 3 different reasons. First off, the quick service options at the Beach Club are very limited. It seems Disney assumes you will just wander the boardwalk if you are hungry. Second, the bus service was pretty terrible during our stay. The buses were always crammed full, and as they share with the other boardwalk area resort it makes for some looong bus rides. Third, Storm Along Bay shuts down completely at night, which is a bummer if you like to go swimming in a nice pool at night.

I honestly thought the Beach Club would be my favorite resort, and it isn't even in the top 5. The best thing it has going for it is location.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #30
wdwlver
DIS Veteran

We love BC!! Stay there every summer. I know others have had issues with buses but each and every time we've stayed there we have only shared with YC. Can't wait to be back in a few weeks!!!

Disney Trips
2014 - GFV & YC - 2013 - BC & BCV - 2012 - GF, BCV - 2011 - BCV, YC - 2010 - POLY & BCV - 2009 - BWV & BCV - 2008 - BWI & BWV, 2007 - BWV, 2006 - BWV & BCV,2005 - SSR & YC, 2004 - WL,2003 - Swan,2002 - WL,2001 - AKL,2000 - GF,1999 - WL & YC,1997 - WL,1994 - GF,1993 - GF & BC,1992 - GF,1991 - CR & BC, - & many trips to DLR
wdwlver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: