Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Rosanne
DIS Veteran

AS Sports foodcourt closed for 5 months

According to the Mousesavers newsletter... "All-Star Sports’ End Zone Food Court (All Start Sports Resort) closed for refurbishment 7/31/13-12/26/13. There will be no hot/made-to-order food available at the resort. There will be “grab and go” (cold, premade) food items available at the Game Point Arcade, which will not be an arcade during the refurbishment. For hot food and/or access to arcades, buses will be offered to All-Star Music and All-Star Movies."

Yikes! Our trip falls in that window. We are staying at ASMusic but I can just imagine the chaos at the foodcourt. I imagine most people staying at Sports will walk next door to join us at Music, while a few might make the jaunt all the way over to Movies.

I feel even worse for those staying at Sports. I'm not saying refurbishments are bad or unnecessary but this one will be pretty unpleasant, IMO.
Rosanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

For the food court to be closed 5 months they must be gutting the whole thing. Still, I would stay there if they offer a good discount on the rooms. The other All Stars are within walking distance.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
disnut8
DIS Veteran

I actually had to laugh when I saw about the buses being available. Are really really that challenged they have to take a bus to a resort that is easily walked to? It would take more time to wait for a bus to get to a sister resort with foot power.

Will this result in the other two food courts being busier? Yes. But, you know about it now. I would really just plan to eat in the parks. I find that food much better anyway.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

I'm going to be at Movies in December so I expect a bit of chaos between the spillover from Sports and the Pop Warner kids at the food court. It doesn't change my plans, but now I'm a bit bummed that I didn't go with my first choice of staying at POP.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Thats gottu be one heck of a Renovation, awesome for the resort though.

I actually think its great that the values are still getting renos. I was really hoping POP Century would be getting a room/exterior reno in the near future, its tough that its so close to AoA and the comparison between the two is so obvious. Pop Cent is awesome ! But its just a little ... run down ? in comparison ?

I think the values represent part of what is best about disney, and I just thinks its awesome that they are updated and taken care of instead of simply paying attention to the places that people pay more for ...
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post
I actually had to laugh when I saw about the buses being available. Are really really that challenged they have to take a bus to a resort that is easily walked to? It would take more time to wait for a bus to get to a sister resort with foot power.
I'm guessing it is to help those that have to use scooters to get around.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I'm guessing it is to help those that have to use scooters to get around.
I'm thinking it's still easier to drive your scooter to the next All Star than sit and wait for a bus, load up the scooter, wait for everyone to board, wait for everyone to get off, then unload the scooter and get to the food court.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: