Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
jur1026
Earning My Ears

Late Dining Reservations + Kids

Hi there!! We JUST booked a cruise for July. Yes, just a few weeks away. So I'm trying to search these threads for the info, but can't seem to find just what I'm looking for. We are traveling with just our little family - my husband, my two girls (3 and 8 month), and myself. Because we booked so late, we have the later dining time. I see everyone writing about the evening shows, but can't figure out what time those tend to be.

My main question is this: What do the evenings look like for those who have had the later dining time?

For my 8 month old, any recommendation on nursery reservations? Each night during dinner (IF I can get it) since it's late? Or mornings/afternoons for some down time for us?

I would just love any tips since this is new territory for me, I am limited on time to research, and you all are experts.

Many thanks!
jur1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jur1026 View Post
Hi there!! We JUST booked a cruise for July. Yes, just a few weeks away. So I'm trying to search these threads for the info, but can't seem to find just what I'm looking for. We are traveling with just our little family - my husband, my two girls (3 and 8 month), and myself. Because we booked so late, we have the later dining time. I see everyone writing about the evening shows, but can't figure out what time those tend to be.

My main question is this: What do the evenings look like for those who have had the later dining time?

For my 8 month old, any recommendation on nursery reservations? Each night during dinner (IF I can get it) since it's late? Or mornings/afternoons for some down time for us?

I would just love any tips since this is new territory for me, I am limited on time to research, and you all are experts.

Many thanks!
If you have late dining you will be attending the early show, that is, before you eat dinner. There are two shows and two dinner seatings at approximately the same times. So, early diners go to late show, and late diners go to early show.

Everyone requiring nursery hours has a maximum number of hours that can be booked pre-cruise (this insures that everyone having need of the nursery can get something). Once onboard, you can book additional hours, if available. I'd probably do an assortment of bookings precruise that uses up all my max hours. And then add/adjust once onboard as necessary.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: