Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*
 
disney-inspired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 58.6 miles from Disneyland
Posts: 4,264

How early can I book a 2014 Trip?

We are planning for Sept. 2014 and will be using the military discount Salute to Armed Forces (granted that it is renewed through next year). We have to call the reservation hotline because you can't get the discount booking online.

How early can we book our package?
It would only be room and dining because we will be purchasing our tickets through the base.

Thank you!

__________________
disney-inspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
gingercake71
Earning My Ears
 
gingercake71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 27

The 2014 rates should be coming out anytime now....you can only do dining 180 out so the room is all you could do this early.....I think you can book now and just pay one nights stay and then they update it when the new rates come out....but it shouldn't be long. Where will you be staying...or do you know yet?
gingercake71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,159

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
We are planning for Sept. 2014 and will be using the military discount Salute to Armed Forces (granted that it is renewed through next year). We have to call the reservation hotline because you can't get the discount booking online.

How early can we book our package?
It would only be room and dining because we will be purchasing our tickets through the base.

Thank you!

As the pp said, room only can be booked by calling, which will be quoted at the highest rate for 2013 and then adjusted once the new rates come out. In order to book a package, you have to wait until the 2014 rates are released (which should be anytime). Since you are getting room + dining, it's better to wait because booking just the room now would require you to cancel the room only reservation (and wait for a refund) and then rebook with a package (requiring a new deposit). Room only and packages are different reservation systems, so money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*
 
disney-inspired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 58.6 miles from Disneyland
Posts: 4,264

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingercake71 View Post
The 2014 rates should be coming out anytime now....you can only do dining 180 out so the room is all you could do this early.....I think you can book now and just pay one nights stay and then they update it when the new rates come out....but it shouldn't be long. Where will you be staying...or do you know yet?
Thanks!
Yes, we'll be staying 2 nights at AKL ( first time deluxe!) and 3 nights POFQ.
__________________
disney-inspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*
 
disney-inspired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 58.6 miles from Disneyland
Posts: 4,264

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

As the pp said, room only can be booked by calling, which will be quoted at the highest rate for 2013 and then adjusted once the new rates come out. In order to book a package, you have to wait until the 2014 rates are released (which should be anytime). Since you are getting room + dining, it's better to wait because booking just the room now would require you to cancel the room only reservation (and wait for a refund) and then rebook with a package (requiring a new deposit). Room only and packages are different reservation systems, so money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other.
Thank you for the heads up about having to cancel later to rebook - what a hassle!
__________________
disney-inspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,159

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Thank you for the heads up about having to cancel later to rebook - what a hassle!
You're welcome.....have fun planning .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.