Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
You know, there have been a few posters reporting Pop sharing buses with AoA on occasion.

OP--Never book a resort bases on thinking it has better busing. They can all have great busing, and they can all have horrible busing. What you get it sheer luck.

Theming is a very personal choice. Many people love AoA but it looks way too over the top for me. I love the theming at the Sports in the preferred section, as it has a beach theme. It is very pretty with bright blues and greens. I think you should go check out each value resorts thread, and see which one appeals to you. Don't stress about the buses or pools as they are all very similar.
AoA buses never shared with Pop any of the times I was at AoA. Now, that isn't to say that it never happens, just didn't happen to me.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #17
Willows909
Mouseketeer

I've stayed at the Music and Pop and loved the POP the best. We actually like the preferred pool view rooms because of the closeness to filling up that mug the way we do! I don't know if they still do this, (with the food court food redo) but they make a great salad at the place next to the icecream place in the food court...you pick your ingredients and they mix it in front of you...excellent! The first time we went there they put us in Country fair...ugh..all it took was one time to never go back there again! So far! I pick POP for sure!

Last edited by Willows909; 06-17-2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #18
kbnmommy
Dreaming of DW...

I'm a value resort person almost everytime (although we did enjoy the pool when we were at The Contemporary). We have stayed everywhere but AoA and that's on our list.
We have never experienced any of the horror bus stories either. I have never had to stand. DD11 stood once and DH stood a couple of times but they prefer standing anyway so it was no big deal to them. I actually had worse bus service with AKL...
The food courts are pretty good IMHO. We enjoyed the nachos at ASMu and at ASMo the chili cheese fries are a good use of a snack credit, although not very healthy...
Pop is a great choice, but if we are saving all we can we go for an AS just to svae the extra $.
We actually loved ASMu. It's one of our faves. I loved the theming of ASMo and it is my girls' favorite but I like ASMu best. DH prefers *** (Go figure....).
As long as you know what to expect you will be fine. It's a small room with cute Disney themes. It's not a 5 star resort, but for us it works well since we spend all our time in the parks anyway. Also worth mentioning, my DDs love the outdoor movies that they each have every night. That is one of their favorite things about being at Disney.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #19
kbnmommy
Dreaming of DW...

Haha... it blocked my abbreviation for ASsp.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: