Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #16
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

We LOVEDDDDDD the two split stays we have done and can't image going to DW again without doing split stays. We think they are fabulous!

Here is our experience: On both of them, we planned on doing a water park that day. We woke up, ate breakfast, packed, put on our suits (i.e. no showers or make-up for me), took our luggage to the bell station and asked them to move our luggage to the new resort. We headed off to the water park, stayed til it closed at 5:00pm, then took the bus to the new resort and checked in. LOVE THIS PLAN!! Since we do not take an afternoon break from the water parks like we do the other parks, we stay there all day so by the time we get to the new resort, it is time to check in and our rooms were ready. No being without a room or being "roomless" as so many here mention as a caution.

We have been to DW a few times and what I can tell you is some of the VERY BEST days of our trips, heck, I will go so far as to say that some of the very best days of my life have been spent at BB and TL. We love both of them, BB the most, and would not dream of missing out on the water parks. Our days there were pure magic so, in my opinion, you are very smart to be planning on visiting the water parks, too. I think your family will love them! What we have never done, though, is hit a park in the morning then head to a water park in the afternoon. I know people do that, but to me it seems like an awful lot to pack into a day. For us, being there right at opening is a good plan and we enjoy staying there until they close when they close around 5pm. The last two hours and for sure the last hour we have had the lazy river almost all to ourselves. It is our favorite thing to do at DW!!

I'm wishing you all the luck with your planning. I would not hesitate to do a three way split for a 10 night vacation, but I would caution you on trying to pack so much into each day. Sometimes it can sound good on paper or in theory, but actually doing it is another thing, at least for me and my family!!

Have a magical trip!!
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I think ultimately it is a great way to do a deluxe for a few days and then finish up with a value in order to afford a deluxe once in a while, for those of us who stay moderzte.

Now my ultimate trip is when I retire; I am going to splurge and stay at two deluxes that I have always wanted to stay; WL and BW.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #18
Peaseblossom
Mouseketeer

I'd recommend:

- plan for lots of time in the hammocks at the Poly
- plan time on your balcony early in the morning and at the pool at night at AKL

Type are two great resorts!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:11 AM   #19
wdwfan
Sometimes I prefer to keep my own council

We are going to do a split stay this August. Yacht Club for 5 nights followed by 3 nights at AKL. We love split stays since it offers something different during the vacation.
2001-Boardwalk;2002-Beach Club Villas & Dolphin;2003-Yacht Club Concierge & Portofino Bay;2004-Boardwalk Concierge Deluxe & Portofino Bay;2005-BWV;2005-Boardwalk Concierge & CSR;2006-Wilderness Lodge;2006-Animal Kingdom Lodge;2007-Beach Club;2007-Beach Club Villas and the Wonder
Oct. 31-Nov. 7, 2009- Western Caribbean on the Magic August 2010 Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level;
Yacht Club - Club Level Sept. 2012; Yacht Club - Club Level Aug. 2013 ; Aug. 2014 Yacht Club-Club Level/Portofino Bay Resort Disney's Dream July1, 2015

wdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #20
tiggerlvr27
Mouseketeer

Have to split due to Free Dining in November! Staying at AKL 11/11 - 15 but staying PO Dixie for 11/8-11. Still feeling uneasy about it?? any suggestions to make the tummy churning go away??
'06 - POP (NoJ)
9/08 - WL -25th Anniversary
11/13 - POR/AK - 30th Anniversary:

tiggerlvr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #21
tiggerlvr27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie in AZ View Post
We LOVEDDDDDD the two split stays we have done and can't image going to DW again without doing split stays. We think they are fabulous!

Here is our experience: On both of them, we planned on doing a water park that day. We woke up, ate breakfast, packed, put on our suits (i.e. no showers or make-up for me), took our luggage to the bell station and asked them to move our luggage to the new resort. We headed off to the water park, stayed til it closed at 5:00pm, then took the bus to the new resort and checked in. LOVE THIS PLAN!! Since we do not take an afternoon break from the water parks like we do the other parks, we stay there all day so by the time we get to the new resort, it is time to check in and our rooms were ready. No being without a room or being "roomless" as so many here mention as a caution.

We have been to DW a few times and what I can tell you is some of the VERY BEST days of our trips, heck, I will go so far as to say that some of the very best days of my life have been spent at BB and TL. We love both of them, BB the most, and would not dream of missing out on the water parks. Our days there were pure magic so, in my opinion, you are very smart to be planning on visiting the water parks, too. I think your family will love them! What we have never done, though, is hit a park in the morning then head to a water park in the afternoon. I know people do that, but to me it seems like an awful lot to pack into a day. For us, being there right at opening is a good plan and we enjoy staying there until they close when they close around 5pm. The last two hours and for sure the last hour we have had the lazy river almost all to ourselves. It is our favorite thing to do at DW!!

I'm wishing you all the luck with your planning. I would not hesitate to do a three way split for a 10 night vacation, but I would caution you on trying to pack so much into each day. Sometimes it can sound good on paper or in theory, but actually doing it is another thing, at least for me and my family!!

Have a magical trip!!

Do you have to do a "hard" checkout or do they do that for you??? My DH does not know we are switching....
'06 - POP (NoJ)
9/08 - WL -25th Anniversary
11/13 - POR/AK - 30th Anniversary:

tiggerlvr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #22
Winky65
Earning My Ears

I understand the appeal of seeing different resorts. I was all for that until we rented DVC points and stayed at the Boardwalk. While not the "best" hotel IMO, the convenience of being able to walk to 2 parks far outweighs just about anything else. We did a split stay last time because we could not get the first 3 nights at the Boardwalk. Moving day went fine, and we were able to do the DxDP for the first three nights, and regular for the rest of the trip, which was nice. But I would not do a split stay by choice. While the differing themes are very nice, we use the room to sleep and are not there much during the day. So standard view is perfect for us. And our kid loves the Boardwalk pool, so we are set. Now if they add DVC at the Polynesian I could be convinced to switch.
Winky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #23
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you have to do a "hard" checkout or do they do that for you??? My DH does not know we are switching....
I think we just leave! LOL! Pretty sure they put the folio under the door or you can check out via video link on the TV or just call the front desk....can't really remember but I know for sure we didn't approach the front desk to do a hard check out. We never do that anywhere any longer.

I specifically remember at the CR we handed our luggage to the bell gentleman as we were on our way out the door to the bus stop headed to BB! EASY business!!
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: