Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #16
mousefan73
DIS Veteran

I havt stayed at these two, but researched the cabins. The floor plan, IMO seema tight. I wonder if two rooms in the end have more space ( sqft) than the cabins??? Don't know.

For me two bathrooms would be the deciding factor.
mousefan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #17
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Hi. I can relate, too.

My DS is very conscious of noise around us and took time to get used to flushing toilets, kids yelling and running outside the room or over our heads. He does great at a cabin or villa for the peace and quiet.

For a free dining trip, the cabin is not the best choice because there is very limited food options for QS credits, no food court, so you may get frustrated by that. A cabin trip is much better with a room discount and groceries, doing a lot more cooking in the room.

Have you considered other values or are you set on Pop? The reason I'm asking is that the All-Stars are smaller. Less people on the buses, in the food court and at the pools. A family suite at All-Star Music is our choice when we go value. Two bathrooms, a kitchenette with a nice size fridge, a bedroom and living room. The resort is very nice, landscaped beautifully and can offer quiet room locations (I'd recommend Jazz, facing parking lot). Just a suggestion

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #18
Fab4@disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Hi. I can relate, too.

My DS is very conscious of noise around us and took time to get used to flushing toilets, kids yelling and running outside the room or over our heads. He does great at a cabin or villa for the peace and quiet.

For a free dining trip, the cabin is not the best choice because there is very limited food options for QS credits, no food court, so you may get frustrated by that. A cabin trip is much better with a room discount and groceries, doing a lot more cooking in the room.

Have you considered other values or are you set on Pop? The reason I'm asking is that the All-Stars are smaller. Less people on the buses, in the food court and at the pools. A family suite at All-Star Music is our choice when we go value. Two bathrooms, a kitchenette with a nice size fridge, a bedroom and living room. The resort is very nice, landscaped beautifully and can offer quiet room locations (I'd recommend Jazz, facing parking lot). Just a suggestion
No I would not rule out the other value resorts. I guess I just chose Pop automatically because we have stayed there once before and liked it. I also see some people seem to think Pop has a slight advantage over the All Star resorts?? Anyone else care to chime in on this?

Also, does anyone here have experience with easily overstimulated kids and having to wait for DDR's on the dining plan? We get free QS dining with a value but I was thinking of upgrading this time so we have one sit down meal per day for some down time. What do you all think?
Fab4@disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #19
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

We used to have a lot of problems waiting for ADRs. I've since learned that as long as I book our ADRs for at least half an hour before our usual meal time then we should be ok. We typically eat early so that means we're beating the crowds therefore they're typically seating people on time. It also means that my Aspie doesn't get over hungry which is something that guarantees a meltdown. My Aspie typically struggles a lot more later in the day than earlier so dinner ADRs, even early ones, are much more difficult for her to cope with than lunch ADRs.

The few times we have had extended waits since I figured this out have been difficult. I've learned that I need to have snacks on me. Even if we're about to eat, if we're having to wait then it's important for her to not get too hungry. Other than that, the same waiting strategies that we use for lines is what we use for waiting at restaurants.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #20
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab4@disney View Post
No I would not rule out the other value resorts. I guess I just chose Pop automatically because we have stayed there once before and liked it. I also see some people seem to think Pop has a slight advantage over the All Star resorts?? Anyone else care to chime in on this?

Also, does anyone here have experience with easily overstimulated kids and having to wait for DDR's on the dining plan? We get free QS dining with a value but I was thinking of upgrading this time so we have one sit down meal per day for some down time. What do you all think?
I think a sit-down meal is a great idea. My DS5 has autism and we actually tend to do 2 sit-down meals a day. Navigating a QS with him is really difficult and he just can't handle the QS lines (I usually travel alone with him). Buffets are difficult as well. If you make ADR's, I would make them on the early side when the restaurants first open (usually 11:30 am for lunch, 5/5:30 pm for dinner depending on where you are eating), that way you will have minimal wait for your table.

Also want to add, it sounds like you want connecting rooms, which is not guaranteed. If you haven't done so already, I would call and ask a reservation CM to note on your reservation that your daughter has autism and you would like connecting rooms and explain exactly why this is important to you (quiet space, etc.). In my experience, Disney has gone out of their way for my son and my family to make sure our trip will run as smoothly as possible.

Last edited by Marthasor; 06-15-2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: new info
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #21
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

[QUOTE=Fab4@disney;48680731]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopperFan View Post

HopperFan:

I will make a request for the room location you requested. Did you do that when you made the reservation or some other way?

The cabins can be for the future trips........maybe
When I made the reservation and it shows up on my paperwork when it comes. I have on occasion forgotten and called back and always got put in the right area.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #22
Fab4@disney
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to update everyone and express my thankfulness for others who understand, you were all so very nice and helpful. I did decide to change to 2 rooms at Pop Century! We also went with the free but upgraded plus dining plan for which I have reservations for earlier than normal dinner times just in case there is a long wait.
Fab4@disney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: