Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #31
ghoweywilson
Earning My Ears

I love Indy and I know the stage is used for other things but I'd much rather see that go and they expand inwards towards the waste of space that is the Sounds Dangerous Soundstage instead of touching Muppet theater!

The Muppets merely need a little updating, it would be silly to demolish in the midst of a sequel and resurgence in the brand without even attempting an update first. Jim Hensen and Muppet lovers deserve it.

Distinctly unpatriotic, indeed!
ghoweywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #32
ghoweywilson
Earning My Ears

Also Pizza Planet is the woooorst. If they are updating they seriously need to open some restaurants that are actually worth the money/ dining credits in DHS.

Instead of spending the money on gimmicks they should invest on developping a proper menu with some variety. Although a cold beer while the Cantina band play in the background does sound pretty awesome. :P
ghoweywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #33
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

I had even blocked Pizza Planet out from my memory when I was talking about not needing another counter service between the backlot express and studio catering
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #34
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

DHS is definitely the worst park for eating. We usually do the RNR, Tower of Terror and head out.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #35
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Maybe they can have the blue milk Aunt Barue served in ANH
Old 06-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #36
eisforpants
Mouseketeer

DHS is our favorite park. It's not as crowded and Star Tours is pretty much a walk on at all times. For a boy who loves Star Wars it's a win-win for him. Star Wars land would be awesome but the thought of our fave park becoming crowded makes us cringe. Selfish I know. But don't care. 😃
Old 06-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #37
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
I would have to head to DHS and camp in front of Muppets if they thought about closing it. Is it a little old? Yes. But it is the last thing Jim Henson touched and I would be in mourning if it went away. I remember the day he died. We still need his genius in the parks.

Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
Closing the Muppets would be distinctly unpatriotic...
But last time we were there was just as the film was out and even then the shop was more than half taken over by Phineas and blooming Ferb! so I fully expect to see the Muppets go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
I know Muppets is dated, but I will be upset if they get rid of it. There is a new Muppets movie coming out, the attraction needs updating, not demolition. Jim Henson worked on Muppets 3D himself and his characters deserve a place to live on at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoweywilson View Post
I love Indy and I know the stage is used for other things but I'd much rather see that go and they expand inwards towards the waste of space that is the Sounds Dangerous Soundstage instead of touching Muppet theater!

The Muppets merely need a little updating, it would be silly to demolish in the midst of a sequel and resurgence in the brand without even attempting an update first. Jim Hensen and Muppet lovers deserve it.

Distinctly unpatriotic, indeed!
I completely agree! The Muppets are a staple in our house!

Agreed! Sounds Dangerous is a huge waste!

I also agree with everyone on the food at HS. Pizza Planet is bleh and could be great. WDW's pizza has never been a favorite of ours, with the exception of Via napoli. The park really does need some tweaking. We are Star Wars fans also but if I to choose I'd pick Cars over it. We usually just go a half day for Fantasmic, Disney Junior, Star Wars & RNR and head out.

July 87 MK/Epcot|Aug 91 MGM/Epcot|Feb 94 FWC/MGM|Oct 01 Ecpot/MGM|Dec 02 ASMo/MVMCP|Oct 05 ASMu & POP/MNSSHP|Dec 05 ASp/MGM/MVMCP||Jan 06 CSR/WP Wedding & Narcoossee's/WL Honeymoon/Epcot/AK/SOA/V&A's|July 06 MK B-day Trip||Nov 06 DTD-RFC||Jun 07 Swan/DTD|Aug 07 POFQ/DPAPP|Oct 07 POP/MNSSHP/F&W|Jan 08 Anniversary Trip POR/SSR/La Nouba|Oct 08 ASMu/MNSSHP|Dec 08 CSR/MVMCP/Epcot-Candlelight|June 09 OKW/AKV/AK/DHS/MK|Oct 09 CSR/MNSSHP/Epcot/DHS|Jan 10 BLT MK/Epcot/DHS|May 10 SSR/MK/AK| Oct 10 CB MNSSHP| Oct 11 AKV MNSSHP| Feb 12 POP | Oct 12 BC MNSSHP | | Feb 13 DCL Wonder| Oct 13 ASM F&W/MNSSHP |Dec 13 AKV | Oct 14 VGF MNSSHP/F&W | Jan 15 VWL/DCL Dream
PookieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #38
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieB View Post
I also agree with everyone on the food at HS. Pizza Planet is bleh and could be great. WDW's pizza has never been a favorite of ours, with the exception of Via napoli.
As I understand it, it has to do with the water. The mineral content in the local water affects the dough significantly.

Via Napoli apparently imports the water from New York, which approximates the water in Italy, from what they said when it opened.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 06-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #39
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
As I understand it, it has to do with the water. The mineral content in the local water affects the dough significantly.

Via Napoli apparently imports the water from New York, which approximates the water in Italy, from what they said when it opened.
Ahh yes. I have heard this and I know Disney's water is really gross! That plus nescafe equals

July 87 MK/Epcot|Aug 91 MGM/Epcot|Feb 94 FWC/MGM|Oct 01 Ecpot/MGM|Dec 02 ASMo/MVMCP|Oct 05 ASMu & POP/MNSSHP|Dec 05 ASp/MGM/MVMCP||Jan 06 CSR/WP Wedding & Narcoossee's/WL Honeymoon/Epcot/AK/SOA/V&A's|July 06 MK B-day Trip||Nov 06 DTD-RFC||Jun 07 Swan/DTD|Aug 07 POFQ/DPAPP|Oct 07 POP/MNSSHP/F&W|Jan 08 Anniversary Trip POR/SSR/La Nouba|Oct 08 ASMu/MNSSHP|Dec 08 CSR/MVMCP/Epcot-Candlelight|June 09 OKW/AKV/AK/DHS/MK|Oct 09 CSR/MNSSHP/Epcot/DHS|Jan 10 BLT MK/Epcot/DHS|May 10 SSR/MK/AK| Oct 10 CB MNSSHP| Oct 11 AKV MNSSHP| Feb 12 POP | Oct 12 BC MNSSHP | | Feb 13 DCL Wonder| Oct 13 ASM F&W/MNSSHP |Dec 13 AKV | Oct 14 VGF MNSSHP/F&W | Jan 15 VWL/DCL Dream
PookieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #40
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Just remember don't believe any rumors about a new project until concrete is being poured.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #41
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Just remember don't believe any rumors about a new project until concrete is being poured.
Even then, I'd keep it in reserve until it looks enough like what they've announced that is seems that its too late for them to change their minds and switch from "Star Wars Land" to "Howard The Duck World"...

Oh sure, you're laughing now.

Howard The Duck is a Marvel Comics character, turned into a box office disaster by - ta da - Lucasfilm. So Disney doubly has rights.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #42
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Maybe they could have a Howard the Duck trash can or butt disposal container in a smoking area

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: