Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #16
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
They well be producing new movies. Hopefully good ones.

Kim
Hopefully :P
Old 06-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
dwheaton
Mouseketeer

Theme Park Insider is a pretty reliable site, so I'd take more stock in this rumor than the typical ones that have been floating on the boards.

I love the Muppets and that movie, but I'm good with DHS getting a makeover. Cars Land on its own would be disappointing, but combining that with Star Wars Land would be great! It changes my opinion on having Cars Land because it makes for a big draw to the park. If these rumors are true, DHS would become something entirely different and would experience a DCA type attendance bump. It might even be higher than that if both were well-done. This is an intriguing concept.
dwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #18
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Oh, but it's not confirmed yet... (joke for those who travel on the news and rumors board)...

But I am hearing from various sources this morning that there is a LOT of internal buzz over this...as if an internal announcement has been made.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #19
mommy2allgirls
Stay out of the damn lakes!

Do you really think they would take out Muppets? I don't go see it every trip but I think it would be sad if they took it out.

I do hope they do something with DHS I would love for there to be a reason to get my family to stay there longer. We usually go with my parents, my siblings and their kids and they only do a few things at DHS then leave. My mom got mad at me last trip because I demanded we watch the Beauty and the Beast show because my daughter is obsessed with that movie. I would be willing to split up but they mostly pay for everything so it's a catch 22.

Sorry for my rambling

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Lyme Blog
mommy2allgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #20
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2allgirls View Post
Do you really think they would take out Muppets? I don't go see it every trip but I think it would be sad if they took it out.
I think it somewhat more likely that they will take out Indy and expand that way, than expand the other way and take out Muppets and potentially Streets Of America. But there are gotchas either way.

If you take out Muppets, you are taking out a franchise that has seen a recent resurgence, and has a sequel movie in development.

If you take out Indy, you are losing a massive stage area used for other things. I don't know if those things can relocate easily to the BATB stage on the other side as I personally don't know if they need THAT much space. Indy does still appear to draw crowds though - it seemed pretty full a couple weekends ago - don't know if that's just SWW crowd effect.

If you take out Streets Of America, you lose the Osbourne lights. Wouldn't work as well on Tatooine I think.

A Cantina has been part of the rumors...you don't need a third counter service between Backlot Express and Studio Catering Company. If you take Indy you also take Backlot Express, so you'd probably want the Cantina. To take out SCC, you've got to expand all the way up into the Backlot area, possibly losing a good buffer that already exists between the areas. I know the article mentions the playground as being part of Star Wars Land, but that's alongside SCC and on the other side of the wall. I think they could keep the playground and cheaply retheme it to A Bug's Life as part of the Pixar expansion
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 06-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #21
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

I think it somewhat more likely that they will take out Indy and expand that way, than expand the other way and take out Muppets and potentially Streets Of America. But there are gotchas either way.

If you take out Muppets, you are taking out a franchise that has seen a recent resurgence, and has a sequel movie in development.

If you take out Indy, you are losing a massive stage area used for other things. I don't know if those things can relocate easily to the BATB stage on the other side as I personally don't know if they need THAT much space. Indy does still appear to draw crowds though - it seemed pretty full a couple weekends ago - don't know if that's just SWW crowd effect.

If you take out Streets Of America, you lose the Osbourne lights. Wouldn't work as well on Tatooine I think.

A Cantina has been part of the rumors...you don't need a third counter service between Backlot Express and Studio Catering Company. If you take Indy you also take Backlot Express, so you'd probably want the Cantina. To take out SCC, you've got to expand all the way up into the Backlot area, possibly losing a good buffer that already exists between the areas. I know the article mentions the playground as being part of Star Wars Land, but that's alongside SCC and on the other side of the wall. I think they could keep the playground and cheaply retheme it to A Bug's Life as part of the Pixar expansion
Your right as I don't want to see them take away streets of America but they could move it to cars land and do it on Route 66.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #22
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
Your right as I don't want to see them take away streets of America but they could move it to cars land and do it on Route 66.
I haven't personally seen it at DCA yet, but I don't think it's that big...plus it already seems to be lit up

Old 06-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #23
mommy2allgirls
Stay out of the damn lakes!

Oh I didn't even think about possibly losing Streets of America and therefore Osborne lights. Man this stuff is complicated.
Lyme Blog
mommy2allgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #24
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

I haven't personally seen it at DCA yet, but I don't think it's that big...plus it already seems to be lit up
The dca is pretty good size so they could work with it in wdw and use other part to.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #25
RevKjb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I would have to head to DHS and camp in front of Muppets if they thought about closing it. Is it a little old? Yes. But it is the last thing Jim Henson touched and I would be in mourning if it went away. I remember the day he died. We still need his genius in the parks.

Kim
J'accord. Long live the muppets!
Canada

RevKjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #26
auroralark
Lives for vacation

Leave my Muppets alone! I'll be so upset if that goes. I see it every trip. I think the Muppets are pretty timeless (that REALLY outdated shot of the Studios at the end doesn't count! )

I am all for a Star Wars Land, though. Take the Indiana Jones stunt show. As a repeat visitor I think that gets old way faster than The Muppets.

I'm not a huge fan of the Cars movies, but it may be something my daughter might like when she's older so I'm not opposed to that idea at all. I fully think the Studios needs big updating.

Many trips as a kid! Offsite, CBR, Offsite, POR, All Star Sports, Offsite 3x May/June '07 Disneymoon @ BWI *
Sep '07 @ POR * May '09 @ CR * July '09 @ POP!Disneyland! Dec '09 - Jan '10 * Universal! July '10 * Sep '10 @ CSR
Jan '11 @ Poly * Solo! Oct '11 @POR * Feb '12 @ AKL
Our Princess arrived! 7/4/12
auroralark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #27
disney david
DIS Veteran

what will be worse them take away muppets or figment in epcot i know kathy will chain her self to the ride if they ever think about taking figment away. s

Old 06-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #28
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

I know there is a road behind the Star Tours area, but maybe they would be able to reroute it to get to the wooded area on the another side to have more space. And they would be able to get a great deal of space there. I've decided. The road goes, Muppets stay.

Kim
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #29
disney david
DIS Veteran

Would anyone give a fight if they decide to take a away pizza planet but keep muppets.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #30
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
I know there is a road behind the Star Tours area, but maybe they would be able to reroute it to get to the wooded area on the another side to have more space. And they would be able to get a great deal of space there. I've decided. The road goes, Muppets stay.

Kim
There is the access road, but then right adjacent to that is the main entrance road with the parking entrance plaza (although a bit further down). They'd have to reroute that or greatly expand the Buena Vista Drive "back" entrance.

I've always though that if they did that, there is a LOT of space that could allow them to expand DHS by nearly 50% within a canal that runs around the area. But in another thread, someone mentioned that RCID considers that area "unsuitable" for building.

Edit: Interesting...just noticed in the latest satellite images, sometime during 2012 they seem to have re-established an old dirt access road off of Victory Way that goes to just before the parking lots, stopping at the canal...hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
Would anyone give a fight if they decide to take a away pizza planet but keep muppets.
Not I. It's the only counter service where I had enough of a communications issue with the order taker CM that I had problems with an order. That I first got charged for seven large sodas instead of 3 (didn't realize it until they started loading a ton of sodas on the tray), and then after I went back to correct it (much to the chagrin of those waiting in line - it was busy), she refunded me money - but refunded it all the way down to one soda, which I also didn't realize because I couldn't understand what she was saying, until they only gave me one soda - but the CM at the counter gave me two more because she knew it had already been screwed up twice...

Last edited by doconeill; 06-14-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: