Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #16
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab4@disney View Post
I think you made a wonderful, unselfish choice You will have a blast no matter where you stay I bet!
Have a great trip!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #17
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Count your blessings (and the cash you will save) that your kids want to stay value! Once they experience Stormalong Bay you probably wouldn't be able to convince them not to stay at Beach Club!
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
cindermomma
DIS Veteran

My family (me, DH and DS12) just got back last weekend from a week at ASMusic. This resort is now our favorite resort! We will only book here from now on! Granted, we are use to values, but we have also stayed at POFQ. This resort is small, but very happening. The music, movies and pool games out poolside are so much fun! We have not had a better stay at Disney. Our room was great and so was the food court. Go and have fun! I think you will be surprised!

Port Orleans - French Quarter (2004)
POP (2005)
ASSports (2007)
POP (2010)
ASMovies (2011)

ASMusic (2013)
ASMusic (2014)
cindermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #19
natebenma
DIS Veteran

As you probably know, I bleed Beach Club blue. However in 2008 my family stayed at ASMu and in 2012 my older son and I were at ASMo as part of a class trip.

The two things I will say in favor of the All Stars are that the theming is definitely more "Disney" than the theming at the BC and I was very impressed with the food courts. Lots of choices.

Wishing you a fantastic trip with your family!!!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #20
Emily_H
Earning My Ears

Cheer up I can only imagine your disappointment! We were hoping to stay at POFQ or another mod. but are staying Pop again as of right now. I'm trying to be happy that we still get to go (easier said than done!) hang in there & enjoy your family time!!
Emily_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #21
PrinceOfPeace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
Enjoy the value resorts while your kids are still young, and tuck away the savings for the deluxe resorts once they are older and you need more room.

I would love to do the Boardwalk area once the kids are old enough to be able to hang out at the pool or room alone - and we can enjoy some adult time in Epcot or boardwalk in the evenings.
These are wise words indeed! I've been back and forth so many times (didn't think I would)...and now I'm leaning toward AKL...but now you are pulling at my heart strings with a value....hmm
Old 06-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #22
Rosanne
DIS Veteran

Interesting, as you mention it, not a minute or two ago I checked on the Swan and Dolphin rates and figured we could swing that instead of Music for our August trip. We stayed at the Dolphin the last time and really enjoyed it. I whispered to my older DD12 if she would like to stay there instead but she said she wanted to stay at Music. They were both thrilled to be staying at Music (they're all excited about the Three Amigos pool).

I do agree with a PP that you may as well enjoy this age and save the $$. We've stayed at all levels, though mostly the values. My kids like them best and we spend less $$ and can therefore go more often.

I understand some of the draw of BC but when we stayed at the YC and S&D the kids just weren't that into the YC/BC. They did love the lobby of the S&D though.
Rosanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #23
RainK
Mouseketeer

OP here. We normally stay at values....and really do love them. The one time we tried a mod we chose CB and I can tell you we were rather disappointed. My kids didn't like it as they said it didn't 'feel like Disney'. We never used any of the 'extras' such as boats, bikes, etc so the 'extras' really don't mean that much to us. Not to mention, we HATED the many bus stops. We do spend a lot of time at the pool and my kids actually preferred the quiet pools in our area versus the main attraction pool.

Anyways, I am excited for our ASMU trip. My kids and even DH didn't care about BC...although, I am sure I would have been the hero after they saw the pool.
We are from MA and are in Cape Cod often in the summer, so the 'Marthas Vineyard and New England setting' did nothing for them hahaha.

I just REALLY was hoping for a one time stay at a deluxe to see how the other half live.

August 2013 Beach Club
August 2011 POP
May 2010 CBR
October 2008 ASMO
September 2006 & 2007 POP
Previous 2 visits off site
RainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #24
Wendy5055
DIS Veteran

Well I know your feelings...we had some choices to make too. Honestly, as long as your family is happy then allow yourself to be as well. Enjoy the other things you will be able to do with them...enjoy making all those extra memories. You can go deluxe another time. Just enjoy your trip and be happy...your family will have an awesome time because they are with you.

Contemporary, July 2014
Wilderness Lodge, July 2013
Grand Floridian, July 2011
Polynesian, April 2010
Grand Floridian, May 2009
POP Century Aug/Sept 2008
POP Century October 2005
POFQ 1998
Offsite 1995
Offsite 1st Time EVER WDW 1985!!!
Wendy5055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #25
JeannieKY
Tink fan

I may be in the minority, but as an adult who has stayed at the BC and ASMU, I actually prefer ASMU. In fact we are staying there again in a couple of weeks. I did not like the sand at the bottom of the BC pool or the walk down seemingly endless hallways at the BC. It didn't feel as Disney to me. I do love Beaches and Cream though so we usually try to eat there on an Epcot or HS day. I had to give up making lots of ADRs this trip and I too am just happy to be going! You will have a great time! It's Disney!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #26
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Yep, we're in the "downgrade" club too. For a few years, Disney was offering such great discounts, that we stayed in 1BR villas at BWV, OKW, BCV and SSR. We loved them, but when the 40% and 45% deals went away, we moved to a cabin at Fort Wilderness. Love those, in fact if there was a washer/dryer in there, we'd call it perfect. But now those are getting too expensive. We've stayed at ASMu three times, once without the kids and twice in a family suite. We love it there too! The resort is old enough that the landscaping is very mature, the theming is really fun and the pools are nice. The activities around the pool are great for the kids.

We weren't that thrilled with Beach Club and the pool either. We'd pick Boardwalk over Beach Club.

We always said if we couldn't stay in a villa then we just wouldn't go. Well, then when confronted with it, suddenly it was okay to stay somewhere else. Our whole family LOVES Disney World so much, that it's more important to go than worry about where we stay. As a matter of fact, we're staying Bonnet Creek our next trip because we can't justify the cost of onsite so close to Christmas and so soon after buying a new house in December.

Bottom line - ASMu is a wonderful resort, you'll have a wonderful time with your family and you won't have a moment of stress worrying that you spent more than you should have. That's a wonderful vacation

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #27
Magalex
DIS Veteran

So nice to read great things about ASMU and the values in general. We have a DL vacation coming up but will be returning to WDW for June 2014. Our DS will be 13 when we return and he is all set to visit Blizzard Beach. So I think it will be wise just to stay at ASMU and concentrate on the waterparks. It will be nice to having a longer visit too.
WDW 2010-POP
WDW 2012-CBR
DL/DCA 2013-Candy Cane Inn
WDW and Sea World Orlando June 2014- The "B" resort in DTD
WDW 2015-POR
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: