Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
erinjean1277
Mouseketeer

Calling all past and future Eastern Caribbean Cruisers....Special Request

I have a very special request.....to anyone past or future......If you have or will be doing the excursion to Honeymoon Beach at St Thomas (we did the Full Day Sail & Snorkel to Turtle Cove and Honeymoon Beach).....We met a four legged friend there, which we like to call Scrappy. He is apparently a Black Lab/Daschund (Weinerdog) mix. He likes to come out to the BBQ for freebies. He made quite the impression on our family during our time there and we forgot to grab a picture of him and would like to remember him in our scrapbook. Does anyone already have a picture of him or would be willing to snap one for me if you are going on this excursion in the next couple of months?

Thank you in advance!!!!!
~ Dec 2011 Disney Dream 3 night Bahamas
erinjean1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean! I met some nice 4 leggeds on my trip and they definitely add to it! I met a nice kitty that I shared some fish with at Coki Beach in St Thom and then met a nice fat restaurant cat at St Maarten. The best was probably the 3 legged dog at Ocho Rios at our honeymoon 2003 up the Dunns River Falls. This lab/ golden retri looking dog corralled every one to keep the group together (even waiting at the restrooms for stragglers), and climbed every bit of those falls with us! It was quite a memory. Happiest dog I've practically ever seen.

Sorry I can't help but I hope you find a photo of your fuzzy friend!
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
erocrobro
DIS Veteran

We will be on that cruise in 14 days and we are doing that same excursion. I will try to snap a picture if we happen to see him.

erocrobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #4
erinjean1277
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erocrobro View Post
We will be on that cruise in 14 days and we are doing that same excursion. I will try to snap a picture if we happen to see him.
I hope you are able to see, if other than the fact that he brought numerous smiles to our faces! I would greatly appreciate the picture if you see him. FYI he prefers meat and bread to the beans and coleslaw LOL

It is a AWESOME excursion!!! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, even my DS and DH were new to snorkeling! Also, with our experience and IMHO, if you get the choice, take the catamaran vs the pirate ship. The crew was awesome, especially with the kids (mine and our friends') and being that close to the water and out on the open deck (but it did have covered seating) was truly an experience!!

If you have any questions feel free to ask, too!

Thanks again!!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinjean1277 View Post
I hope you are able to see, if other than the fact that he brought numerous smiles to our faces! I would greatly appreciate the picture if you see him. FYI he prefers meat and bread to the beans and coleslaw LOL
They do love their meat and bread, don't they!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
erinjean1277
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
They do love their meat and bread, don't they!
LOL You would think that with all of his begging he wouldn't be so picky or worried about and potential "side effects" of the beans or slaw.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinjean1277

LOL You would think that with all of his begging he wouldn't be so picky or worried about and potential "side effects" of the beans or slaw.
Maybe 4 legged had lived n learned I guess! Haha. I love them so much...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
Old 06-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
erocrobro
DIS Veteran

We did the Full Day Sail & Snorkel to Honeymoon beach last week. There was a dog on the beach with us, but I don't think it was the one that you described. It was more of a pit bull mix type. Very short white fur with a few black spots. He loved to play in the water and chase rocks that kids were tossing for him. I will post pictures of him later if I can figure out how.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
Lisa Mathis
Earning My Ears

I am going in September and doing that excursion, if I see him I'll try to get a picture for you and post it
Lisa Mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
erinjean1277
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erocrobro View Post
We did the Full Day Sail & Snorkel to Honeymoon beach last week. There was a dog on the beach with us, but I don't think it was the one that you described. It was more of a pit bull mix type. Very short white fur with a few black spots. He loved to play in the water and chase rocks that kids were tossing for him. I will post pictures of him later if I can figure out how.
Thanks! That was definitely not the one we saw.......they must have revolving dogs like the boats bring revolving playtoys and feeders to the dogs of the island. I certainly appreciate your thoughtfulness!!!! I also hope you enjoyed your cruise and excursion. It was certainly our favorite so far!!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
erinjean1277
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Mathis View Post
I am going in September and doing that excursion, if I see him I'll try to get a picture for you and post it
Thank you!!!! He is a Black Lab/Wenie dog mix.......completely black medium length fur......big head and short legs......the cutest little guy. We still have many a conversation about him

I hope you enjoy your trip!!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #12
erocrobro
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinjean1277 View Post
Thanks! That was definitely not the one we saw.......they must have revolving dogs like the boats bring revolving playtoys and feeders to the dogs of the island. I certainly appreciate your thoughtfulness!!!! I also hope you enjoyed your cruise and excursion. It was certainly our favorite so far!!
I wondered that too, there may be several local dogs that come to play on the beach. It was the best excursion, we were on the Bones and had so much fun at the beach and the snorkeling was fantastic!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: