Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #1
wannabebelle
Mouseketeer

Will my hair dryer work on Disney Fantasy?

I have seen lots of conflicting information about hair dryers on Disney ships! We are sailing on the Fantasy. I've been on a cruise before but not Disney and not with children. I don't even have thick hair and it took me entirely too long to dry my hair on the ships (Royal Caribbean). And the RC dryers really burn your hands! We are taking three children on this trip (our son and two nieces). I can't imagine how much time will be spent drying hair with a cruise ship hair dryer.

My hair dryer is 1875w. Will it work on board?
wannabebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
Minnie116
Mouseketeer

The fantasy has really nice babyliss hair dryers. I am very particular about my hair dryer and I won't bother packing mine on the fantasy.
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #3
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabebelle View Post
I have seen lots of conflicting information about hair dryers on Disney ships! We are sailing on the Fantasy. I've been on a cruise before but not Disney and not with children. I don't even have thick hair and it took me entirely too long to dry my hair on the ships (Royal Caribbean). And the RC dryers really burn your hands! We are taking three children on this trip (our son and two nieces). I can't imagine how much time will be spent drying hair with a cruise ship hair dryer.

My hair dryer is 1875w. Will it work on board?
As someone that always takes her hair dryer when I travel, I found that I did NOT need it on the Fantasy last year. In fact - I was so impressed that I went out and tried to buy the dryer when I got home! It dried my hair (and faster than my own did) and it was softer, shinier and more managable than how I ended up as well. Now, that being said, your mileage may vary so you still might tuck yours in if there is room.

Regardless of which one you use - be sure to plug it into the correct outlet as there does seem to be much confusion there but, in the cabin we were in, it was clearly marked which to use.

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
wannabebelle
Mouseketeer

OK, but even if the hair dryer provided is great....we will have a 15-year-old, and 11-year-old, and me! So if I take another one just out of my own paranoia will it work?
wannabebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #5
ChristyBrown
Earning My Ears

I took my own hair dryer on the Fantasy this past October, and it worked just fine.
ChristyBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #6
Nannylisad
Nannylisad

I love them on the ship. Is a very nice one
Nannylisad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:48 PM   #7
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Just so you know what to expect OP, the hair dryer is typically in a drawer in the desk area - the proper socket to use it is out there. Not everyone finds it right away.

And yes, on the Fantasy they are very nice ones.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

114 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: