Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
tmadrid
Earning My Ears

Hilton vs. Sheraton garden grove

Help me decide between the Hilton anaheim- near the convention center- and the Sheraton Garden Grove.
Garden grove has a shuttle to the pak. Hilton requires taking art. Both are reasonable prices for us.

Which is best based location?? Restaurants? Ease of shuttle? Etc.
tmadrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
Disneyland1084
OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I'm not going to let that chickenhead nugget bother me
HEY!! Where is everyone?

I've never stayed at the Sheraton Garden Grove, but have stayed a few times at the Anaheim Hilton. I loved it. The restaurant in the lobby is really good. The rooms are a good size and the pool is nice.
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #3
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

If proximity to the parks matters, then the Hilton is the better option. Technically, it is walking distance -- about 15-20 minutes, depending on the crosswalk lights. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and a small food court toward the back. We like this hotel, but it can get very crowded if there is a convention going on. Also, beware of the parking fee ($16 per day the last time we were there).
The Sheraton Garden Grove is a mile or more south of the parks, so getting back the hotel for breaks could be quite time consuming. Would the Sheraton Park (on Harbor, near the Hilton) or the Sheraton Anaheim (on Ball Rd.) be possible options for you?
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

We also have not stayed at that Sheraton, but stay at the Hilton a lot. We usually walk to the parks, have never taken ART. You can also walk across the street to the Toy Story lot and take the free parking lot shuttle to DL, we do that a lot coming back if it's been a long day and our feet are hurting or if it's too cold, too hot, just don't feel like it.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at the Sheraton Garden grove (across from target). We did not use the shuttle, we had our own car and drove. One day to the toy story lot and the next to Mickey and friends because the Toy Story lot wasn't opened early enough! (we have AP's) We really liked the hotel. It was very clean and looked pretty new. There was plenty of parking, although we were slightly annoyed at paying $12 a night for parking. I understand the closer hotels charging that much, but it seemed a little high for as far away as it is. We had a king room and it was really nice and large. The bathroom was one of the nicest I have ever seen in a hotel. It had a huge stand up shower that was beautiful, with glass doors. (but if you have kids that won't shower, you may want to ask for a tub! We didn't have our kids on this trip, so it was fine for us) The vanity area was just as nice and the bathroom was nice a big. We never heard any noise from the neighboring rooms or out in the hall. The elevators were quick. Service was friendly. Overall I would stay again.
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
tmadrid
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyrabbit View Post
If proximity to the parks matters, then the Hilton is the better option. Technically, it is walking distance -- about 15-20 minutes, depending on the crosswalk lights. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and a small food court toward the back. We like this hotel, but it can get very crowded if there is a convention going on. Also, beware of the parking fee ($16 per day the last time we were there).
The Sheraton Garden Grove is a mile or more south of the parks, so getting back the hotel for breaks could be quite time consuming. Would the Sheraton Park (on Harbor, near the Hilton) or the Sheraton Anaheim (on Ball Rd.) be possible options for you?
Yes we would consider the Sheraton Park and Sheraton Anaheim....but Garden Grove had better rates. Plus we will have a car (renting a car can get expensive) I the parking price is important too!

I just found a deal on getawaytoday for Sheraton Garden Grove that includes parking and the rates are super good....grrr I am so indecisive.
tmadrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #7
GeneralTso
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at the Hilton several times and it is really nice.
We use Hilton points, so free
Automatic upgrade too so our room is always a high floor with a park view. The fireworks are right in front of the windows, so perfect. Huge rooms too.

I've never stayed at the Sheraton, so no opinion there.

We've used ART, or walked.
GeneralTso is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: