Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #196
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
Thanks for sharing your information! Yikes, I didn't realize only two resorts might be available We usually stay at POFQ or Pop Century and he was suggesting we try out Cars since we were potentially using his discount so I guess he didn't know either

So if you don't mind can you clarify - is it 50% off resort through the 26th, then 40% off thereafter? I agree, I might not do a split for one night only, for 10% and would be pleased if it was 50%, then 40% for our last night.

Thanks again,
Heather
The 2 resorts I was talking about was for dates in late Dec. Which is SUPER busy. So I am sure there are more available for your dates.

And yes I believe for F&F that is the rate, 50% until 26th then down to 40%. Until, of course, they put out the new discount.
Actually if ours wasn't already paid for, I might go for the extra discount. lol But I am not sure how much trouble it would be to get the credit for the extra % off.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #197
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for all the info everyone has shared!! I promise I've read through the posts, however I need a little help if you don't mind!

My DH has a friend that has offered us many times his discount and we've just never taken him up on the offer since we used free dining or other offers. We could have booked free dining for 10/24-10/28 however we waited too long and airfare was nuts. Well, at lunch today airfare is about $200 per person so very reasonable and now, we are back to considering this trip.

We fit your situation above - appears to be between two different offers. So am I understanding the current offer is 50% off the resort and QSDP for $32 per adult through the 26th and there is currently no other F&F discounts after the 26th but one is hopefully going to be released soon, correct?

I've done split stays before so I'm aware of how they work, however I'm curious if we have to do this, will this count as two different reservations for the CM therefore taking up two of his four offers per year?

I'm trying to understand the logistics as well. Am I able to call and book this myself, then have him call and apply the discount and then we pay him through Paypal (or however we choose to)? Yes I trust him, however I don't really trust anyone with my credit card information - so I'm trying to make this as safe and easy on everyone.

I thank you in advance and aaarcher86 - you've been so kind and patient to answer everyones questions!!

Heather
Basically, look at the CM discounts like any regular RO discount. If your dates extend beyond the offer dates you'll bump to rack rate. The regular F&F discount is 40% so you could, right now, get a room for your full length of stay at 40% (pending availability). There is a larger F&F discount of 50% through 10/26. Anything booked today that went beyond that date would be priced at rack rate. If another 50% discount comes out starting 10/27, in order to have 50% on the full length of stay you'd need 2 reservations, with the second reservation starting on 10/27.

Yes, this would be considered 2 F&F reservations.

Could you book RO reservations and have the CM apply the discount? Yes. I don't recommend doing that, only because just like regular discounts the inventory is limited. Something booked at rack rate isn't necessarily available with a CM discount. I would probably be easier to either shoot of an email with your desired resorts for the CM to check, or be on the phone in a 3 way call, or even emailing or AIM back and forth during the CM conversation.

As far as payment - the CM can book the reservation, call you with the reservation number, and you call the reservation line to put the down payment on the resort. The CM just has to make the initial booking. SOME booking CMs get really touchy and require the CM pay the moment of booking, but that's pretty rare.

aaarcher86 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #198
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

I just called WDW and got a helpful c/m. I first made sure I didn't have a mysterious PIN attached to my name since I haven't received one in like 5 years - so no surprise, NO!

You were pretty close on the resort choices. I believe he said yes, we could get the 50% for 10/24-10/26 at All Star Sports and Yacht Club and that was it I believe. Luckily Yacht Club also has 40% from 10/26-10/28 so even if we did two reservations, hopefully we can stay in the same room as I have before.

CARS suite was available for the 2nd half 10/26-10/28 but I really don't want to physically move resorts during a 4 night only quick trip He tried to see if CARS was open for the 40% the entire trip and it wasn't.

He also said I could book the reservation myself, pay the deposit and our CM friend would only need to fax his ID or stop by the resort prior to 10 days of our arrival. I know this is all easy peasy for you guys but it makes me feel better. Just need to decide if the cost at 50/40% off to stay deluxe is worth it or if we just save more and do ASSp?

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 (Dream), 12/2012 Mom & I (Fantasy), 6/2013 (Wonder-Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), & 1/2014 Magic. Next: 4/2014 (Fantasy) & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #199
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Basically, look at the CM discounts like any regular RO discount. If your dates extend beyond the offer dates you'll bump to rack rate. The regular F&F discount is 40% so you could, right now, get a room for your full length of stay at 40% (pending availability). There is a larger F&F discount of 50% through 10/26. Anything booked today that went beyond that date would be priced at rack rate. If another 50% discount comes out starting 10/27, in order to have 50% on the full length of stay you'd need 2 reservations, with the second reservation starting on 10/27.

Yes, this would be considered 2 F&F reservations.

Could you book RO reservations and have the CM apply the discount? Yes. I don't recommend doing that, only because just like regular discounts the inventory is limited. Something booked at rack rate isn't necessarily available with a CM discount. I would probably be easier to either shoot of an email with your desired resorts for the CM to check, or be on the phone in a 3 way call, or even emailing or AIM back and forth during the CM conversation.

As far as payment - the CM can book the reservation, call you with the reservation number, and you call the reservation line to put the down payment on the resort. The CM just has to make the initial booking. SOME booking CMs get really touchy and require the CM pay the moment of booking, but that's pretty rare.
Awesome - thank you so much!!

I was assuming it would be two F&F bookings so I'll need to make sure he knows that. If he doesn't mind, I won't worry, but if not I'm assuming we could just do the "regular" 40% off entire stay and that way not even worry about two separate reservations, correct?

Thanks again,
Heahter
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 (Dream), 12/2012 Mom & I (Fantasy), 6/2013 (Wonder-Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), & 1/2014 Magic. Next: 4/2014 (Fantasy) & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
Old 09-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #200
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just called WDW and got a helpful c/m. I first made sure I didn't have a mysterious PIN attached to my name since I haven't received one in like 5 years - so no surprise, NO!

You were pretty close on the resort choices. I believe he said yes, we could get the 50% for 10/24-10/26 at All Star Sports and Yacht Club and that was it I believe. Luckily Yacht Club also has 40% from 10/26-10/28 so even if we did two reservations, hopefully we can stay in the same room as I have before.

CARS suite was available for the 2nd half 10/26-10/28 but I really don't want to physically move resorts during a 4 night only quick trip He tried to see if CARS was open for the 40% the entire trip and it wasn't.

He also said I could book the reservation myself, pay the deposit and our CM friend would only need to fax his ID or stop by the resort prior to 10 days of our arrival. I know this is all easy peasy for you guys but it makes me feel better. Just need to decide if the cost at 50/40% off to stay deluxe is worth it or if we just save more and do ASSp?

Heather
That's not true at all about the booking.

The CM needs to attach a CM discount to the reservation and it has to be the CM. They will need to give employee information to put into the reservation itself. The CM will have to show his ID to the resort, that part is true, however, that is in ADDITION to having it added to your reservation. If the discount is not applied to the reservation before check in you'll be at rack rate and the front desk can not apply it for you.

If you're going to book it and have the CM add his discount (over the phone to the reservation - no way around this) I'd do it fast to make sure it doesn't get booked up. Just like with any other discount, availability is limited and things can change in a matter of minutes.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #201
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome - thank you so much!!

I was assuming it would be two F&F bookings so I'll need to make sure he knows that. If he doesn't mind, I won't worry, but if not I'm assuming we could just do the "regular" 40% off entire stay and that way not even worry about two separate reservations, correct?

Thanks again,
Heahter
Yes, that's correct. You could also add the full price dining plan if you'd like.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #202
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's not true at all about the booking.

The CM needs to attach a CM discount to the reservation and it has to be the CM. They will need to give employee information to put into the reservation itself. The CM will have to show his ID to the resort, that part is true, however, that is in ADDITION to having it added to your reservation. If the discount is not applied to the reservation before check in you'll be at rack rate and the front desk can not apply it for you.

If you're going to book it and have the CM add his discount (over the phone to the reservation - no way around this) I'd do it fast to make sure it doesn't get booked up. Just like with any other discount, availability is limited and things can change in a matter of minutes.
Quote:
Yes, that's correct. You could also add the full price dining plan if you'd like.
Awesome - you rock!

Thanks again,
Heather
Old 09-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #203
grammaHBSR4
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Awesome - you rock!

Thanks again,
Heather
I am new to dis boards and have many questions! I have booked 2 rooms at Polynesian for October 26 - November 2 through a friend who is a cast member! How wonderful to get 40% off rooms! Now I see new discounts may go out on October 27 - if there are dining plan discounts will I be able to book that discount also? Thanks to all for sharing such great knowledge!
grammaHBSR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #204
grammaHBSR4
Earning My Ears

I am new to dis boards but have been finding out so many wonderful things! I have rooms booked at the Polynesian from Oct 26 to Nov 2 through a friend who is a cast member. How wonderful to receive 40% off rooms! Now I see new discounts will be coming out starting Oct 26. If there is a discounted dining plan for my dates, will I be able to get that discount also?? Thanks so much to everyone sharing their knowledge!
grammaHBSR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #205
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Update: We booked!! My DH's friend called right after dinner and booked it for us so we are all set and decided on All Star Sports so we wouldn't have to split reservations and to save about $700 (over Yacht Club) - after the discount. We can use this for airfare, MNSSHP, and food!

Something interesting you all might know already - I called the CM specific number and had an awesome CM that was so helpful and I told her I wanted to downgrade to a standard room since we don't need the Preferred room he booked us in. No problem and she said 50% off was available for the length of stay, even though we are in between two offers. She explained they go by what it shows and the the Fri/Sat nights were technically higher than with the 40% he booked us under, however the others were lower and the 50% worked out a better deal (even after the 2 nights at a higher rate). She said it's just quirky some times and it's best to have them check. She also mentioned the QSDP for $31.99 per person and and said it was available all 4 nights which I wasn't aware of. We need to decide if this is what we're doing.

AND - so excited Sports is part of the Magic Band/FP testing - whatever we call it these days, however I didn't know they were remodeling the Sports dining area. She mentioned we could venture to the Movies/Music to eat there if we needed so I'm hoping this isn't "worse than I imagine" after she said that

I'm sure I'll be back to ask a few more questions and for that I thank you in advance!

Heather
Old 09-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #206
Andie272
Mouseketeer

My CM nephew didn't know the answer to this so I thought I would ask here before I call.

Currently I have my room booked with a RO F&F discount. When (and if) the dining plan opens up for when we will be there, and I call to add it on, will I need to leave an extra deposit? Currently we only had to pay for the first night of the room, and the balance is due when we check in. What about if I add park tickets, or MVMCP tickets?

Also, if the dining plan is not offered, can I add it at full rate?

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #207
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie272 View Post
My CM nephew didn't know the answer to this so I thought I would ask here before I call.

Currently I have my room booked with a RO F&F discount. When (and if) the dining plan opens up for when we will be there, and I call to add it on, will I need to leave an extra deposit? Currently we only had to pay for the first night of the room, and the balance is due when we check in. What about if I add park tickets, or MVMCP tickets?

Also, if the dining plan is not offered, can I add it at full rate?
You can add a full priced DP to a F&F 40% discount at any time. The discounted DP will be attached to a 50% room discount, and it is a packaged deal. You can't just add the discounted DP if you can't get the 50% to stick on a room. No matter which DP you add, the cost is all due at check in. The deposit remains 1 nights rooms stay.

Any ticket purchases are due in full at the time you order them.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #208
Andie272
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You can add a full priced DP to a F&F 40% discount at any time. The discounted DP will be attached to a 50% room discount, and it is a packaged deal. You can't just add the discounted DP if you can't get the 50% to stick on a room. No matter which DP you add, the cost is all due at check in. The deposit remains 1 nights rooms stay.

Any ticket purchases are due in full at the time you order them.
Thanks!

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:37 AM   #209
Ash aka sky
Friend to Mickey

Does anyone know what F&F discounts are typically given for a late Jan early Feb stay? As this is considered value season, I wondered what the likelihood would be of 50% plus discounted dining?
Old 09-28-2013, 01:52 AM   #210
Ash aka sky
Friend to Mickey

Quote:
He also said I could book the reservation myself, pay the deposit and our CM friend would only need to fax his ID or stop by the resort prior to 10 days of our arrival.
Is it OK to call to ask about prices/discounts etc with out having the CM do it? My CM friend has been very good about answering my questions etc but I don't want to keep bugging her and asking her to look stuff up for me. It would be great if I could deal with it myself then just have her provide the CM information later.

The only reason I ask is because I thought I read somewhere that calling can get the CM into trouble.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: