Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #181
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

just found this thread

So how do I find a friend to let me use this is early february 2014 probably Feb 2-8? Usually a value season, has been in the past. I am also confused about the QSDP with this discount, can it be added at full price? Not trying to get free dining and a room discount. Thanks!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #182
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
So how do I find a friend to let me use this is early february 2014 probably Feb 2-8? Usually a value season, has been in the past. I am also confused about the QSDP with this discount, can it be added at full price? Not trying to get free dining and a room discount. Thanks!
Yes, the DDP can be added at full price. You can't stack discounts.
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #183
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
Do you have a good friend or relative that would be willing to book it for you? If not, I really doubt a cast member would use their discount for a stranger. We are limited to how many can be used a year and I wouldn't use my discounts for someone I did not know.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #184
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post

Do you have a good friend or relative that would be willing to book it for you? If not, I really doubt a cast member would use their discount for a stranger. We are limited to how many can be used a year and I wouldn't use my discounts for someone I did not know.
Ditto. I don't know a single CM who would let a stranger use their discount!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #185
disnyfan4ever
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if you have a cast member book a Friends & Family reservation and you use your Disney VISA, do you get the 6 months 0% financing? TIA!!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #186
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnyfan4ever View Post
Does anyone know if you have a cast member book a Friends & Family reservation and you use your Disney VISA, do you get the 6 months 0% financing? TIA!!
Hmm... Honestly I'm thinking no. My reasoning - you get 0% on package reservations and the CM reservations (even with a DP) are classed as RO.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #187
4mykids
Mouseketeer

Angry

Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed. If a CM makes the initial reservation at 40%, can I call and check to see if a deeper discount has become available and apply that discount to my reservation? And am I reading correctly that I can call and change hotels on the reservation if the F&F discount becomes available for a different hotel and still keep the F&F discount?

Always planning that next Disney trip!
4mykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #188
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mykids View Post
Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed. If a CM makes the initial reservation at 40%, can I call and check to see if a deeper discount has become available and apply that discount to my reservation? And am I reading correctly that I can call and change hotels on the reservation if the F&F discount becomes available for a different hotel and still keep the F&F discount?
This is correct. Instead of my friend paying attention, I call once a week to see if the discount has been increased for my travel time (early November). This way, I don't feel like I'm bothering him.

And I do believe you an change the resort as well, as long as it is available. Please make sure you call the phone number that is on your reservation that was emailed to you though and not the main reservation number....sometimes, those CMs are unaware of F&F discount codes and guidelines (I found out the hard way).

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #189
Andie272
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
Has the discount been extended past Oct 26th? My trip is 25-30 so can't get the extra discount unless it is extended to include ALL of my days. Hoping for the DDP discount to be extended as well!
As of this morning it still says the Holiday Friends and Family is coming soon. It will cover Oct 27-Feb 2 (I think)..no mention on what it is though.

I am hoping it involves dining plan for Nov 11-16

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #190
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie272 View Post
As of this morning it still says the Holiday Friends and Family is coming soon. It will cover Oct 27-Feb 2 (I think)..no mention on what it is though.

I am hoping it involves dining plan for Nov 11-16
Thanks for the update! I guess my question now is, Will we be able to apply the extra discount since we are split between the 2 offers? Current one ends the 26, next one (possibly) starts 27. My stay is during both offers. Oct 25-30. When the new extension is put out, Should I be able to call and get it applied to ALL dates?
When we asked about the 2 days that are covered now, we were told we couldn't get the extra discount since the rest of the days were not covered.

I am guessing yes, since it would be an extension of the current offer. That is what I am hoping anyways. lol We could use the extra 10% and possibly the dining discount on that as well.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #191
Andie272
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the update! I guess my question now is, Will we be able to apply the extra discount since we are split between the 2 offers? Current one ends the 26, next one (possibly) starts 27. My stay is during both offers. Oct 25-30. When the new extension is put out, Should I be able to call and get it applied to ALL dates?
When we asked about the 2 days that are covered now, we were told we couldn't get the extra discount since the rest of the days were not covered.

I am guessing yes, since it would be an extension of the current offer. That is what I am hoping anyways. lol We could use the extra 10% and possibly the dining discount on that as well.
No problem. My nephew is the CM and he checks for me daily. I don't know about extending the offer to cover the rest of your trip, sorry. I would think though that you would be able to apply the new offer to the dates it covers. I found out it is 10/27/13-2/13/14.

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #192
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It will be 2 separate codes in the system, so you'll more than likely need to split your reservation into 2 to apply each code to each portion. It's not really an extension, versus a new offer, it just happens to be the same stuff.

If it's available during the entire time there is a slim chance a Guest Services agent could override it is and keep it all in one (but it's super slim). They're also at the mercy of the system limitations.

If you do have to split it into 2 it shouldn't be a problem and have them note you'd like to stay in the same room. Also let the front desk know the same when you check into the first one.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #193
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
It will be 2 separate codes in the system, so you'll more than likely need to split your reservation into 2 to apply each code to each portion. It's not really an extension, versus a new offer, it just happens to be the same stuff.

If it's available during the entire time there is a slim chance a Guest Services agent could override it is and keep it all in one (but it's super slim). They're also at the mercy of the system limitations.

If you do have to split it into 2 it shouldn't be a problem and have them note you'd like to stay in the same room. Also let the front desk know the same when you check into the first one.
Thanks for all the info everyone has shared!! I promise I've read through the posts, however I need a little help if you don't mind!

My DH has a friend that has offered us many times his discount and we've just never taken him up on the offer since we used free dining or other offers. We could have booked free dining for 10/24-10/28 however we waited too long and airfare was nuts. Well, at lunch today airfare is about $200 per person so very reasonable and now, we are back to considering this trip.

We fit your situation above - appears to be between two different offers. So am I understanding the current offer is 50% off the resort and QSDP for $32 per adult through the 26th and there is currently no other F&F discounts after the 26th but one is hopefully going to be released soon, correct?

I've done split stays before so I'm aware of how they work, however I'm curious if we have to do this, will this count as two different reservations for the CM therefore taking up two of his four offers per year?

I'm trying to understand the logistics as well. Am I able to call and book this myself, then have him call and apply the discount and then we pay him through Paypal (or however we choose to)? Yes I trust him, however I don't really trust anyone with my credit card information - so I'm trying to make this as safe and easy on everyone.

I thank you in advance and aaarcher86 - you've been so kind and patient to answer everyones questions!!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #194
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
Thanks for all the info everyone has shared!! I promise I've read through the posts, however I need a little help if you don't mind!

My DH has a friend that has offered us many times his discount and we've just never taken him up on the offer since we used free dining or other offers. We could have booked free dining for 10/24-10/28 however we waited too long and airfare was nuts. Well, at lunch today airfare is about $200 per person so very reasonable and now, we are back to considering this trip.

We fit your situation above - appears to be between two different offers. So am I understanding the current offer is 50% off the resort and QSDP for $32 per adult through the 26th and there is currently no other F&F discounts after the 26th but one is hopefully going to be released soon, correct?

I've done split stays before so I'm aware of how they work, however I'm curious if we have to do this, will this count as two different reservations for the CM therefore taking up two of his four offers per year?

I'm trying to understand the logistics as well. Am I able to call and book this myself, then have him call and apply the discount and then we pay him through Paypal (or however we choose to)? Yes I trust him, however I don't really trust anyone with my credit card information - so I'm trying to make this as safe and easy on everyone.

I thank you in advance and aaarcher86 - you've been so kind and patient to answer everyones questions!!

Heather
I admit I don't know the answer to the questions above because my DD is the CM and will be staying in the room with us so basically it is HER reservation at her CM discount. But I do know that when she booked it she called and tried to have the 2 days discounted at the current discounted price and was told we could get the extra discount of those 2 days (25-26) but then we would be charged a higher rate for the last few days. So they said it was a better deal to just take the standard discount for ALL days. It was kinda confusing but I think I understood her correctly.
We will be at AOA Cars Suite. So I guess we will just have to call and see when the next offer actually comes out. I am not against doing seperate ressies but wondering if the extra 10% off is worth it??

BTW..There are only certain resorts/rooms available for CM offers and ALOT are already booked up for the year. So you may have to be flexible on which resort you will stay at to get the CM discount. I know we booked asap when my daughter got access to the hub for our Dec trip and now most of the rooms that were available are all booked. I think only CBR and ASSp are available now. We booked at Beach Club!!
Old 09-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #195
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I admit I don't know the answer to the questions above because my DD is the CM and will be staying in the room with us so basically it is HER reservation at her CM discount. But I do know that when she booked it she called and tried to have the 2 days discounted at the current discounted price and was told we could get the extra discount of those 2 days (25-26) but then we would be charged a higher rate for the last few days. So they said it was a better deal to just take the standard discount for ALL days. It was kinda confusing but I think I understood her correctly.
We will be at AOA Cars Suite. So I guess we will just have to call and see when the next offer actually comes out. I am not against doing seperate ressies but wondering if the extra 10% off is worth it??

BTW..There are only certain resorts/rooms available for CM offers and ALOT are already booked up for the year. So you may have to be flexible on which resort you will stay at to get the CM discount. I know we booked asap when my daughter got access to the hub for our Dec trip and now most of the rooms that were available are all booked. I think only CBR and ASSp are available now. We booked at Beach Club!!
Thanks for sharing your information! Yikes, I didn't realize only two resorts might be available We usually stay at POFQ or Pop Century and he was suggesting we try out Cars since we were potentially using his discount so I guess he didn't know either

So if you don't mind can you clarify - is it 50% off resort through the 26th, then 40% off thereafter? I agree, I might not do a split for one night only, for 10% and would be pleased if it was 50%, then 40% for our last night.

Thanks again,
Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: