Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #16
wachnicki
Mouseketeer

Thank you for reporting! We are cruising in August and can't wait!

Denise
wachnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #17
RRBB
I think I'm in the mood for Tonga Toast
You're really corrupting our little dragon!
I could use a relaxing dip in a chocolate hot tub

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We're sailing on June 24 with 2 kids (8 1/2 and 6 years old. I'm super excited, but also stressed since I haven't pulled a single thing to pack yet. (By this point I've usually got the guest bed covered with stuff that we plan to take with us.)

I'm looking forward to reading more.

<--- CLICK HERE!

Robin

Sep-08 VAKL: 2 nights (DVC) ~Aug-08 Magic 15-day EB Repo Cruise (DVC) ~ Oct-07 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-06 Wonder 4-day S.S. Member Cruise (DVC) ~ Oct-06 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-05 SSR: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-04 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ May-04 VWL: 9 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-03 GC: 4 nights ~ May-03 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Feb-03 Wonder 4-day S.S. Member Cruise (DVC) ~ Jan-03 BCV: 3 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-02 Polynesian: 5 nights (DVC) ~ Royal Pacific Resort: 3 nights ~ Apr-02 BWV: 7 nights (DVC) ~ Hard Rock Hotel: 1 night ~ Oct-01 Magic 7-day Cruise (DVC) ~ Oct-00 OKW: 5 nights (DVC) ~ Feb-00 Wonder 3-day Cruise (DVC) ~ Apr-99 Contempory: 4 nights ~ Feb-99 OKW: 2 nights ~ Aug-98 GF: 3 nights
RRBB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #18
mom2twokids
Mouseketeer

June 4, Sea Day

Today we were woken up to an announcement over the loudspeaker in our room saying Brightstar and then the room number. We figured it was something important if they were saying it for everyone to hear. I believe it was about 8:30 when we heard it, so it wasn't too early. Only it set a sad tone as you know it probably meant that some one had a medical emergency. Later that evening we actually came to a dead stop for a passenger to be taken off for an emergency. I assume the two instances were related and I truly hope that person is ok.

It's the one thing we love about cruising in an inside room, it's so dark and the kids sleep so late. It's fabulous. I know, most people like their balconies but I don't think I would ever choose one over an inside room with our kids because nothing beats the way they sleep in the pitch black.

We headed up to beach blanket for breakfast. I'm thinking it was around 9:30 before we got out of the room. I was surprised that it wasn't too busy for breakfast. We must have just gone at the right time because the rest of the week it was so busy and next to impossible to get a table to eat.

After breakfast the kids wanted to go to the club so off they went. I knew the princess gathering was at 12:00 so I made sure to keep checking on the lobby to see when lines started forming. By 11:30 I got in line and was about 10th or so. Just before 12:00 my husband came with my daughter from the kids club as my son didn't want to join us to see the princesses. The line was extremely long by the time the princesses came. Some one later told me that they waited 2 hours in the line, I'm not sure if this is accurate or not, all I know is that we had seen all 5 princesses by 12:20. The princesses were so nice to my children and we got some great pictures. We stopped and saw Donald and then headed for a quick bite to eat in beach blanket.

After lunch we headed to family craft time in Animator's Palate. We made some simple bead bracelets and met some nice people. My daughter really enjoyed this activity but we had to rush out early to get my son because he had them page us to get him out of the club. He was hungry and didn't like the lunch they were serving there (ham and cheese sandwiches).

We took my son for lunch and then delivered some of our fish extender gifts. We had already received a ton of them and we were so spoiled!! The kids really enjoyed passing them out and loved seeing what goodies were in their pockets every time we returned to the room.

This is our fish extender. I made it out of duct tape and some ribbon after reading the thread on duct tape fish extenders on the board. I was pretty proud of it. It got so full on the first day that it broke a little but I was able to doctor it and it was good as new for the rest of the cruise.

It was formal night so we returned to our room to get ready. We tried to get up to the lobby early enough to meet the captain and get a picture with him but by the time we got there the line was so long there wasn't a hope that we would make it for dinner if we got in line. We quickly got in line to get a picture with formal Mickey instead. Then we got right back in line and saw formal Minnie. Which in turn made us late for dinner anyways. We got great pictures though

Tonight we decided we wanted to two youngest to go to the nursery part way through dinner so we took them up around 6:15. That was more hassle then it was worth and we didn't do it again for the cruise.

My parents went and got their picture taken with the captain after dinner, but they waited a while. The captain was a little late because of the medical emergency.

After dinner we changed our clothes and went to the Golden Mickeys. The two youngest were still in the nursery so we knew we could really enjoy the show. We got great seats and soon after sitting down my son was approached to participate in the show. He's was so excited and he was so thoughtful that he had to ask if his sister could too. So they both got to be a part of the show. They told us no photography, but if we happened to have our cameras out during the Snow White segment and took a couple of pictures without flash that they would turn a blind eye. I was grateful for that so I could get some pictures of them on stage. It was one of the highlights of the cruise for them.

After the show we pretty much went straight to bed. It was a fun filled day but after writing it down it doesn't sound like much.
mom2twokids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #19
Jessterly
Earning My Ears

We were on your cruise - 13 of us on a family getaway! I love that your kids were chosen to be in the show. How exciting! The trip was amazing for us. Looking forward to reliving it through your trip report!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #20
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

We were on the cruise as well, and let me say your FE was the BEST!! Oh I so admired it.

And you have some awesome pictures with the characters! I'm jealous because the only ones I have are at the character breakfast. Now that I have teenagers they're a lot less concerned with them and I miss that.
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #21
time for travel
Earning My Ears

Love Reading Your Trip Report

Your trip report is wonderful!!!! I am enjoying it and we are on the July 15th cruise.....and my 7 year old turns 8 on the Tracy Arm day! How did your kids get chosen to be in the show......that would be a birthday to remember!!!!!
We're excited about it.......a question for you........how much 'warm clothes" did you take? I just know I'm going to be over the weight limit on the plane and I am keep saying.....we're wearing the same clothes over again!!! Thanks,
Time for Travel
time for travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #22
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

Yes- I notice the kids are in short sleeve shirts- was that fine for the sea days? Would a long sleeve shirt have been too hot?

Was that the only time the Princess Meet was offered?

AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #23
hannah's dad
Mouseketeer

We were on the cruise as well and had a great time. Looking forward to reading about your experience!

Recent and Upcoming Trips:
January 2013 - Western Caribbean - DCL, Disney Magic
March 2013 - Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
June 2013 - Alaska - DCL, Disney Wonder
August 2013 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
March 2014 - Disney's Vero Beach Resort/Bahamas - DCL, Disney Magic
April 2015 - WB Panama Canal - DCL, Disney Wonder
hannah's dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #24
hannah's dad
Mouseketeer

We were on this cruise as well and loved it!

Recent and Upcoming Trips:
January 2013 - Western Caribbean - DCL, Disney Magic
March 2013 - Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
June 2013 - Alaska - DCL, Disney Wonder
August 2013 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
March 2014 - Disney's Vero Beach Resort/Bahamas - DCL, Disney Magic
April 2015 - WB Panama Canal - DCL, Disney Wonder
hannah's dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #25
mom2twokids
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone for all your wonderful compliments and for following along. Tomorrow I will add some more. For now I will answer some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie View Post
We were on the cruise as well, and let me say your FE was the BEST!! Oh I so admired it.

And you have some awesome pictures with the characters! I'm jealous because the only ones I have are at the character breakfast. Now that I have teenagers they're a lot less concerned with them and I miss that.
Thank you for organizing the fish extender! We had so much fun doing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by time for travel View Post
Your trip report is wonderful!!!! I am enjoying it and we are on the July 15th cruise.....and my 7 year old turns 8 on the Tracy Arm day! How did your kids get chosen to be in the show......that would be a birthday to remember!!!!!
We're excited about it.......a question for you........how much 'warm clothes" did you take? I just know I'm going to be over the weight limit on the plane and I am keep saying.....we're wearing the same clothes over again!!! Thanks,
Time for Travel
I'm not sure what made him choose our kids for the show, but we sat close to the front and my son was on the very edge of the row. We were also about 30 minutes early for the show and the theater wasn't all that full by the time he had picked all the kids. Hopefully that helps. Good luck!!

We took 4 or so pairs of pants that we knew were versatile to be worn more than once, a couple of long sleeved shirts, 6 or so T-shirts, a fleece or equivalent sweater and a windbreaker/waterproof type jacket for each of us. We also took a hat for each of us but none of us ever wore them. I did see others on the boat with them though, so I guess it varies person to person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMermaid View Post
Yes- I notice the kids are in short sleeve shirts- was that fine for the sea days? Would a long sleeve shirt have been too hot?

Was that the only time the Princess Meet was offered?
We really only ever wore T-shirts onboard. I took long sleeved shirts and wore them a couple of times, but for the most part I was comfortable in short sleeves. We didn't spend a lot of time on deck though as it was quite chilly up there. The wind is cold and it was often drizzling lightly as well. They do provide blankets in the cabinets with the towels on deck, so you can always grab some of those to warm you up.

There was a second princess meet on the last sea day. It was offered in the morning, I think around 10:00. The line was much shorter for that one. We walked by at the start time and I was shocked how short the line was.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #26
becca1976
Earning My Ears

I'm loving your TR so far! We cruise in Aug. of 2014, so I know I have a ways to go, but I love reading about people's experiences. I'm learning so much! Thanks for taking the time to share!
becca1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #27
Wshop
Mouseketeer

I love your report so far. Thank you! I am really hoping you can tell me what the dining nights were (i.e. what night is formal, semi-formal, pixar party etc.) It looks like Formal was on Day 2 from your lovely pictures. Thanks!
Wshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #28
mom2twokids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshop View Post
I love your report so far. Thank you! I am really hoping you can tell me what the dining nights were (i.e. what night is formal, semi-formal, pixar party etc.) It looks like Formal was on Day 2 from your lovely pictures. Thanks!
Our dining rotation was APPTAPT

Night 1 was regular rotational menu
Night 2 was formal night (sea day)
Night 3 was regular rotational menu (Tracy Arm day)
Night 4 was regular rotational menu (Skagway)
Night 5 was Toy Story menu and semi formal night (Juneau)
Night 6 was Alaskan menu (Ketchikan) -This was my favorite menu
Night 7 was Till We Meet again menu (sea day)

Hopefully that helps you out.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #29
sarabeth10772
Earning My Ears

Loving your trip report so far! We sail July 22, 2013. My family is going with my parents and my brother and his wife! We are super excited!!!

I love your fish extender! I do not sew...so this would be a great one for me to make. If your willing...could you share more info on the FE and some directions!
sarabeth10772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #30
Ducky61
Earning My Ears

Shore Excursions

I am enjoying your trip report, looking forward to reading about your family's shore excursion as I had planned on the same ones when I cruise in Aug with my 12 year old nephew. - Liarsville in Skagway, Summer Dog Sledding in Juneau and the Lumberjack show in Ketchikan.

How did you decide between the 2 Juneau summer dog sled excursions?
Ducky61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: