Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
the little marla
you're not getting cold fins now? are ya!

Marie! The Baguette's! HURRY UP! - 14 days of Dining > Land and Sea!< UPDATED 12/5!

It has been a while, but i'm back! Some of you may have read my other dining report I did last summer "I fell off the ice cream truck" where i basically went on a 10 day ice cream bingerrrr in the mouse house (pretty sure Mickey had to order more after i left) - it's in my signature if you'd like read all about the ridiculous amount of ice cream and other stuff my husband and I shoveled down! This year we thought we'd take this dining report on the high seas! We spent a week on property at pop (5/19-5/26) then on the 26th we jumped on board the Disney Dream for a 4 day cruise to the bahammmassss, our 3rd disney cruise, (5/26-5/30), and we weren't quite ready to go home yet so we stayed at our timeshare off property for another 3 days (5/30-6/2) (half of you will be like "errrmygawwd, like what is wrong with you," the other half are just like me and are thinking that still wasn't enough time!!! ... some other exciting additions to support our disney habit.. we BECAME PASSHOLDERS! so, i mean, to get the most our of our money, this means we HAVE to go back.. ya know! and we got tables in wonderland.. i know, i know, your thinking were out of control (so did my husband hahaha but i like to be the frivolous, carefree one and he can be the rational "do we really need this" one). You will see the grasp of my frivolous needs later on when i walked out of Storybook Circus with a stuffed Dumbo. anyways, let me introduce the stars of the show

i'm Marla, 26 year old Pre-K Teacher and my DH, Dan - the 29 year old graphic designer, we're both from New Jersey, Joisey, Jerzeeee, how ever you'd like to call it. We have thick accents.. add W's into words (hawl, cawll, fawll,tawlkin) you know.. no we do not live at the jersey shore, i don't know snooks.. we live about 15 min outside of NYC.. a little place called Bayonne! We've been married for a little over a year and a half!

with Eyeore at Crystal Palace.. he has sad eyessss

Okay so, your probably wondering where the title came from.. for some reason, this trip we seemed to be really into Beauty and the Beast, possibly because this was the first time we were hitting up the new fantasyland, or we are just random weirdos... i'm going with the second option. But sporatically throughout the trip we would be shouting to each other "MARIE! THE BAGUETTES! HURRY UP!" (ya know, in the opening song "there goes the baker with his trayyyy like alwayyyysss"). So, anytime we wanted food - we'd shout to each other, anytime we felt the food service was slow, we'd whisper to each other.. it got to the point .. we'd be in the car.. and we'd just be saying it (problems. yes.).. so that was the theme of our trip.. and to really solidify the importance of this phrase, we made sure we went to France...

and...

got a baguette!

i apologize for the animalistic tearing of the baguette with my teeth.. i apparently forgot how to behave like a normal human being in public.. i also apologize to anyone who was there and had to witness my husband taking pictures of me ripping into half a baguette on the streets of France (again.. so weird).. BUT please take note, i did pose in front of a book shop, my nod to Belle!

okay if your still reading after ALLL OF THAT.. you are a trooper and i have complete confidence in your ability to hang on this adventures in disney dining trip report that i promise will be sarcastic, long winded, brutally honest, you will leave thinking we are the strangest individuals alive, there will most certainly be a disney meme here or there... and you . will . laugh! ... and i hope that my reviews helped you in choosing places or things to eat blah blah blahhhhh.

THE LINEUP

Sunday 5.19
Lunch:
Pop Century Food Court
Dinner:Tony's Town Square@ MK
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor

Monday 5.20
Breakfast: Pop Century Food Court
Lunch Restaurantosaurus/Tamu Tamu Refreshments@ AK
Dinner: Mama Melrose@ HS
Tune In Lounge @ HS
Royal Anandapur Tea Company @ AK

Tuesday 5.21
Breakfast:Pop Century Food Court
Lunch Coral Reef @ Epcot
Dinner Columbia Harbour House/Casey's Corner @ MK
Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party @ MK

Wednesday 5.22
Lunch: Sci Fi @ HS
Dinner: Nine Dragons@ Epcot
Ghiradelli's @ DTD
Peevy's Frozen Concoctions @ HS

Thursday 5.23
Breakfast:
Gaston's Tavern@ MK
Lunch: Be Our Guest@ MK
Dinner: Wolfgang Puck Express @ DTD
Goofy's Candy Shop @ DTD
Sunshine Tree Terrace @ MK

Friday 5.24
Breakfast:
Pop Century Food Court/ Fairfax Fair@ HS
AM: Studio Catering Company@ HS
PM: Cosmic Ray's @ MK
Sleepy Hollow/Storybook Treats @ MK

Saturday 5.25
Breakfast:
Boma@ AK Lodge
Lunch: Sommerfest@ Epcot / Pop Century Food Court
Dinner: Be Our Guest@ MK
Kabuki Cafe@ Epcot

Sunday 5.26 *CRUISE*
Breakfast:Pop Century Food Court
Lunch: Cabana's
Dinner: The Enchanted Garden

Monday 5.27
Breakfast:Cabana's
Dinner: The Royal Palace

Tuesday 5.28
Breakfast:Cabana's
Dinner: Animators Palate

Wednesday 5.29*NEW*
Breakfast:The Enchanted Garden
Lunch: Luigi's Pizza
Dinner: Animators Palate

Thursday 5.30*NEW*
Breakfast: Tommorrowland Terrace/Gaston's Tavern@MK
Lunch:
Dinner: 50's Prime Time@ HS

Friday 5.31
Breakfast: Crystal Palace @ MK
Lunch: Rosie's All American Cafe @ HS
Dinner: Wolfgang Puck Express @ DTD
L'Artisan des Glaces @ Epcot
Aloha Isle @ MK
Ghiradelli's @ DTD

Saturday 6.1
Breakfast: Sunshine Seasons @ Epcot
Lunch: Via Napoli @ Epcot
Dinner: Columbia Harbour House @ MK
Aloha Isle @ MK

.. i know

i know, ok

LOL.. to silence the question running through your mind.. yes, i came home with a few extra pounds.. and i'm not talking about souvenirs!

Overall, this has been one of our best trips to date.. disneyworld, the cruise, starwars weekends and a monstrous summer kick off 24 hr party!

p.s. I am a huge Warwick Davis fan, and i pretty much stalked his life at starwars weekend!

So i hope i have been able to peak your interest in our trip, and perhaps you will join along for this report! Feel free to subscribe there is A LOT of food to review so bear with me! and ask me any questions and i'll be happy to answer the best i can! Thanks for reading!

May 2013 Dining Report! June 2012 DDP Dining Report!

December '13 off site May '13 Pop/off site + 4nights Disney Dream June '12 Pop November '11 Disneyland for our honeymoon! May '11 4 nights on the Dream! + Poly!
August '10 Pop August '09 Pop/3 night Wonder Cruise! and ENGAGED IN DISNEY! 8.24.09! January '09 AS Movies
1986-2009 at least 1 trip per year, contemporary,pop,coronado springs, off site[/SIZE]

Last edited by the little marla; 12-05-2013 at 08:13 PM.
the little marla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Hey!! I remember you!! You are hilarious! I am so in for this!!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, so you had me hooked with the title!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Definitely in for this one! I love Warwick as well!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
WildGinger
Mouseketeer

Awesome! Can't wait to read your reviews!
WildGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome! Can't wait to hear more.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
ocalla
DIS Veteran

this is one trip report I can't wait to read!!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
2manypets
DIS Veteran

WOOT!! Looking forward to your reviews.

2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

I am in too.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #10
FinallyDisney
FinallyDisney

We leave for our Land/Sea vacation in 19 days so I am eager to read your report!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #12
Aladdan
Earning My Ears

I'm definitely looking forward to reading this that's for sure! (i'm the husband by the way lol)
Aladdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #13
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

All subbed up. Can't wait to read about all your antics!
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #14
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Signing on!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #15
honeybunches
That sounds like a cat poster, but it's true

Subbing, and wishing you were my son's preK teacher. I bet your classroom is a blast!

Tags
disney dining, disney dream, food, snacks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: