Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 01:06 AM   #1471
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Sue: I do the roll up thing too.it depends how long of a trip and if we are doing a split stay.

I can't wait until VGF ! It has a walk in closet

I probably won't even want to leave the room. TV's built in the mirror so I can take a bath and watch Stacey's must dos
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #1472
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
We booked our spa apps this week! We are going to the GF spa.

Which one did you book?
Hi Lacey, I just realized I didn't answer. We are on the list for the first one. She is supposed to get back to us with a firm reservation #.

Your spa plans sound heavenly!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #1473
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Happy Friday!

Basket....you mentioned spa??!!! Do love those kind of days!! Is your hubby going, too?

Sue...you can do this! Think "Disney"!!! And hopefully when you return, you'll have a new house.

Koh....Poly! Poly! Poly!

Miss...you're whale-watching experience sounds less than desirable

Trish...like your "unpacking" idea! Sounds easy! I can't rest until everything is OUT of each suitcases.

Jenn..... when you said "typos are due to wine" I literally laughed out loud

Chimo...sound like your younger son is right on track Know that's a relief for you.

Wookie... for quiet!!! Maybe it will stay that way for a while

Shelia...I'll be waiting on that discount for sure! Anything is better than what Disney sent to us. Can't believe they wasted the paper and postage

What to do today???? Maybe pool, but grocery shopping first
Back to reading!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #1474
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Hi Wookie

Yes, the Red Serge is worn by RCMP members at dress functions. My Dad was an RCMP Officer, and he wore his Red Serge to my wedding , (Aug 23 ,1991) I agree it is very handsome! and I also love the Marine Corp Dress Blues uniform! I had a boyfriend when I was in HS that I went to the Marine Corp dress ball with, and he wore his Dress Blues -- very handsome indeed!

I think I've managed to talk my DS17 (Andrew) into going airforce too instead of Army! Many more opportunities for learning a trade, and better pay as well as better working conditions!
He's looking at Air Structures Technician, the person who works on the outside of the plane/ much like an autobody worker on a car.

I am very happy he's more sure about his future, it's less stressful because I sure do worry about Joshua.....He's my oldest, but always my little boy in my heart and I only want the best and success and happiness for my boys!

I agree with you about Kidani, the plusses are starting to outweigh the club level perk.....I think I'd be ok with the switch, I DO love AKL very much, and it's sister resort would be just as fantastic, I'm sure!

Sue: We've been fortunate, we've gotten lots of rain over the last few weeks. Hopefully you'll get some too! That's alot of days for no rain, and a definite worry in the kooteny's with the wild fire risks! Personally, I hate extreme heat as much as I hate extreme cold! I like mild temps...which is why I usually prefer Disney in Jan/Feb so I'm not melting!

I so wish I could be in WDW in the near future, I have that ache in my heart daily missing it! Why does it have to be so far away
Why do I live so far away?? LOL
Jan 2015 can't come soon enough for me!

Happy Friday My friends!!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL

Last edited by chimo2u; 07-26-2013 at 10:52 PM.
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #1475
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Marie: I love that picture! OMG you got married in 1993?? Were you a child bride?? No really, that is a super sweet picture. Thanks for sharing! I really wish You could be at Disney sooner than 2015 too. That is way too long to wait.

Heather: Yes, it was rather hilarious last night while typing, however this morning I felt a wee bit green!

SueM: Sorry you had a nightmare, I have suffered from them my whole life and can only seem to go a few nights at time without one. Hugs!

We made it home in one piece. Lots of driving today I still have to post a pic, will work on it now! Daddy and his girls, with a little bling on their hats.

Jen

Last edited by jennyjinx3; 07-26-2013 at 08:39 PM.
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #1476
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

We made it home in one piece. Lots of driving today I still have to post a pic, will work on it now! Daddy and his girls, with a little bling on their hats.

Jen
LOVE LOVE LOVE this pic!!!! And not just because I am from MA and the Sox are my home team

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #1477
babyberger
DIS Veteran

So I started anther PTR....definitely a work in progress.

A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait

My Trip Reports:

Old 07-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #1478
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE this pic!!!! And not just because I am from MA and the Sox are my home team

Thanks Melissa! I gotta say though, getting around that city was a task and a half! We took the van and went to find a restaurant we had seen on Diners Drive ins and Dives, and boy...it turned into quite a fiasco! After many wrong turns, cars honking, cutting off people in traffic circles, and sweaty palms we got to the diner. Only to find out it only opened from 6am - 3 pm! And yes I am laughing now but it was not funny at the time! It was public transport after that for sure.

I said to DH, 'real life' non Disney travel is way too much work for me!!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #1479
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Melissa! I gotta say though, getting around that city was a task and a half! We took the van and went to find a restaurant we had seen on Diners Drive ins and Dives, and boy...it turned into quite a fiasco! After many wrong turns, cars honking, cutting off people in traffic circles, and sweaty palms we got to the diner. Only to find out it only opened from 6am - 3 pm! And yes I am laughing now but it was not funny at the time! It was public transport after that for sure.

I said to DH, 'real life' non Disney travel is way too much work for me!!
Ugh, sorry you had to through that! Yeah the city is not like most, the streets seem to start and stop and go in circles. It's definitely not an easy city to navigate.

I agree, Disney travel is the way to go, jump on a boat, monorail or bus and you magically get to where you want to be

My Trip Reports:

Last edited by babyberger; 07-26-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #1480
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Jen - That pic is so stinking cute!

Janet - I saw you scheduled an August trip. So sad we will just miss you!

Hi to all my lovely RC peeps I'm way too far out of the loop to really catch up, but I hope you are all fairing well
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #1481
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Jen I love your picture!!! (And also not because I'm from Mass and a huge Red Sox fan)

Glad you had a nice trip to Boston! So sorry we couldn't meet up. Between my NKOTB concert and our friends visiting from Texas, we have been B-U-S-Y! But, our friends from Texas told us today that they are moving back home!!!!!! Even better, they put an offer on a house 2 streets behind us!!! we are so happy they will be close again!!

Oh yeah, we don't drive in Boston. We park in the same spot down there all the time and then just use public transport or walk. It's an awful city to drive in.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #1482
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Ok so when I got the ring in the mail today I couldn't wait to give it to DH...

So instead of at Poly on our anniversary, it turned into a birthday/early anniversary gift. But the important thing is, he loves it and thinks it's one of the most thoughtful gifts he's gotten. :-) although it's a little snug so we may have to resize it a bit. Just hope it doesn't mess the engraving up too much...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...

Last edited by Koh1977; 07-27-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #1483
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Marie: I love that picture! OMG you got married in 1993?? Were you a child bride?? No really, that is a super sweet picture. Thanks for sharing! I really wish You could be at Disney sooner than 2015 too. That is way too long to wait.

Heather: Yes, it was rather hilarious last night while typing, however this morning I felt a wee bit green!

SueM: Sorry you had a nightmare, I have suffered from them my whole life and can only seem to go a few nights at time without one. Hugs!

Jen
Hi Jen you're so sweet! I got married in 1991 I was 21 my, how time flies! It seems like just yesterday!!!

Your kiddos are ADORABLE! :-)

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:54 AM   #1484
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Jen
Great Pic jenny

I'm sorry for being MIA just in one of my funks been reading but just not posting Bad Bad DISer.

Anyway since I couldn't sleep thought I'd stop in and say Hi to everyone

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #1485
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Warning: Excuse-filled preface to late multi-quoting:

I know you all know what it's like before a long trip. There are all those loose ends that have to be tied up and all the stuff you have to pretty much wait till the last week or so to do. Also, DD had the week off so we've been doing more activities. Today is wash day (with our 15 year-old washer that was used only 6 months - more on that below) and I have to trim all the bushes before it rains and then DD and I will pack the clothing later. The dreaded toiletries were done last week so we've been spreading the pain out.

I love all the great wedding, baseball and water feature photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Kook.....just for you! Don't let the distant BLT tempt you at all Happy Packing, my friend! Should be easy since you have 2 washers and 2 dryers for a family of 3??? If you need to ditch a set, dump them off at the Pooler exit on your way down - I'll have Bill pick them up.

Miss...LOVE that Gremiln picture! and love that movie and Kook, your Gremlin pic (cars) cracks me up!! I immediately thought about the AMC Pacer, too Hideous automobiles, they were!
Ahhh, love the photo of my favorite lakeside retreats. Pooler would be perfect for a sick washer dump-o-rama! You crack me up I have a sick dryer I'll leave on the side of the road, too. If Bill doesn't get it, it will make a mighty fine home for some raccoons. Maybe the Turtle Man (LIVE ACTION!) could pick it up? Oh, he lives in KY, darn.

We ended up with two sets because the house came with a set and we already had a set that never ended up used much because every place we moved into seemed to already have a set (lots of military moves). So we've got 4 cars and 4 W/Ds. I should mention that none of them are on the front lawn - yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
KOOK - you absolutely crack me up with the Gremlin ad Did the repair man ever show up yesterday? Trust me I looked at going sooner to WDW (boot and all) but we have the seasonal passes and they don't come live again until Aug 16th and considering the kids start school on the 19th I didn't think that was a good option. But we are going against our better judgement and going to go for Labor Day. I think this will be the perfect little fix to get us through to next Feb. So what is the departure time on TUESDAY????
I understand about the kids' schedules. We'll probably be in Boca next trip.

Nope, the repairman didn't show up. He was supposed to show between 12-2 and I have very little patience for tardiness so when 2:30 rolled around, I canceled. DD and I wasted half a day waiting for him and I was reluctant to call in the first place since this company was unknown to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
How'd it go yesterday? Was it fixed? This quote reminds me of when our washer/dryer broke in France; it was one of those all-in-one machines... neither of which do their intended function efficiently. I said the exact same thing about washing them in the creek. The new one they sent over broke after the first week. I went without a washer for 6 weeks. Having to explain to the appliance guys that I didn't want it fixed but wanted a NEW replacement for the week-old bust one was an interesting discussion since the two guys didn't speak English and my French phrases were severely limited. It was the ultimate game of Pictionary amidst mountain-sized piles of dirty clothes.

When we moved to the UK, I told my hubs it was absolutely mandatory for us to have a REAL dryer. My clothes-horse was promptly thrown into the garage never to be used again.
Love your National Lampoon European Dryer story! Europe is also famous for their utter FAIL shower designs. Frequently no shower doors or even a curtain and those hand-held sprayers with no mounting fixture above your head and if it is mounted to the wall, it's made for those under 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi Kook:

I was wondering about those discounts for the military because whenever we go to Seaworld with my brother or my DH, they honour both American and Canadian active/ retired military with the Free Admission. Yes, occasionally they have the FD deal for Canadians, I booked that last year...but it was also offered to the GP too, I do enjoy the FD discount
I'm sorry, but WDW restricts the discount to US Military active and retired personnel:

Members of the U.S. Military: Get Great Rates at Select Disney Resort Hotels in Summer and Early Fall 2013!

This offer is for active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Miss-I remember the European days without a dryer...everything was clean...but stiff as a board when dry! lol!
I remember when we moved to Korea when I was 6 months pregnant, we thought we should take a look at some nearby off base luxury apts. that had just been built. I immediately noticed that there wasn't a dryer! Nothing really mattered after that observation. The base housing ended-up very nice and even came equipped with a new full-sized washer/dryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Depending on where you buy them, they might take them all away. If they won't, you might be able to call an independent dealer (that sells used appliances) to get the extra pair. If you give them to them for free, and they just have to pick them up, they will usually come and pick them up. This way they can fix them and resale them. Whatever you do, I wouldn't buy Samsung. I know they look cool, and have a lot of cool features. The problem is when they go down. Samsung and LG parts come from Korea, and they can be hard/impossible to get.
I never thought about that so thanks for the advice. I guess if we were stationed in Korea again, that wouldn't be a problem. For now, we just switched the sick washer with a 15-year-old small one that I bought in a panic 6 months before we moved to Korea. Our first-ever washer died, so we just needed one for a short time before moving to Korea. The washer was put in storage and then went through 4 more moves and hadn't been used up until yesterday. I was amazed it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Kook, for the road trip starting Tuesday!!

Kook & Miss, love the Gremlin pix!!
I just can't wait for Tuesday morning to roll around. I know I won't sleep much. I'm worse than a kid about my WDW trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Janet...you have Kook and me beat on early rising!! Is that time stamp correct on your post??? 3am??!!!
Now I'm wondering...what is it like roaming around the resorts at 0300 with the nocturnal dirt people? (Yet another Seinfeld reference). I guess the 0600 flight DME people might be out front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
KOOK: Glad you added Tuesday! I am still trying to decide on buying the Gremlin next or that wild-n-wooly AMC Pacer.
I love seeing the Pacer on the Backstage Tour at DHS. I think you should get a nice, juicy Pinto Cruising Van that you can stay overnight at FW in. WILD WAGON STUFF! If this van's a rockin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
janet. Thanks for the good thoughts. Did I mention I hate renos. after living here 30 yrs, you sure collect a lot, ugh. Soon, soon I keep telling myself. We leave for Ft Lauderdale 8/7. Leaving DH to stay & deal with Reno & pets! I guess I'll owe him big time

Kook enjoying your Gremlin? Lol!
It'll be great when it's all over and you can enjoy it. We'd love to see a before/after photo!

The old/new washer doesn't seem to have any Gremlins - so far, so good! I avoided a repair and a panic purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

I'm sorry for being MIA just in one of my funks been reading but just not posting Bad Bad DISer.

Anyway since I couldn't sleep thought I'd stop in and say Hi to everyone
Sorry you've got the funkies. And, you lost out in the early morning posting race by almost an hour to Janet. I know you can do better next time

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 07-27-2013 at 09:39 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: