Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #1411
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Jen: Wow! Your trip is sounding FABULOUS! Way to go on that Pixie Dust... I guess WDW doesn't own the rights.

Magic: Sorry about the Universal stay. Was it just the hotel or staff or everything?

Ginny: I love those changes! You've done CL at BWI before, right?

Candace: Wooooooooooooooooot on CR! The "quiet" sold me on booking there... well, until we switched. (Kinda miss having that as our upcoming resort. We'll get back there one of these trips.)

Kook: Gremlins. There are Gremlins in your washing machine. Mine's been acting up since yesterday. Just hope it's not this one...

Heather: We got our flexi-rods off Amazon. (They need to pay me commission, I swear.) They've got packs of 6 for around $4 each in differing diameters; I think the brand is named Diane or somesuch. Very soft and lightweight. Is the house all back in order?

Sheila: Still holding strong at the Poly?

Wookie: Things still quiet at your house, I hope? Go go Swan Booking! Looking forward to hearing how you like it there. Looooooooove the location.

Marie: Glad you enjoyed your mini-vacation!

Trishadono: Those tricksy passholder rates, they'll get ya!
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #1412
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Adding... WOW, I'm SO glad I booked our January flights. Airfare just keeps going up and up.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #1413
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

I'm so excited that I had to come and tell y'all.... we have the Swan booked and our WDW trip is totally paid off. If that wasn't enough reason to be all I talked to Donnie at the bell services at the Swan and he said they would be more than happy to transfer our luggage to the AKL for us!! WOO HOO!!! As Phil would say, "I'm happy, happy, happy!!"

Now, I'm off to create a new ticker to include the Swan stay.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #1414
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I may or may not be pricing a quick weekend in September before our AP's expire......

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #1415
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
yea finally caught up with you all.

I'm sorry your Uni trip was less than magical. I would love to go to Uni, but I'm just afraid to. If Uni is anything like our local Six Flags, there will be many rides that the DH will want to ride, but he just won't physically be able to, due to his size. I know there are a lot of rides I won't be able to do, due to me looking like Kermit's twin sister when I get off of them. Then the DH will spend the entire day making me feel bad because I'm not riding something with him, that I know will make me sick, or being mad (and embarrassed) that he tried to ride something and couldn't fit.

Quote:Wookie this sounds familiar my DH has the same problem. He refuses to go back to cedar point because of it. Well not realy into coasters myself I prefer rides like pirates
We only go to uni for WWOHP

I tried being a good mom and rode those awful bone shaken, neck lashing, stomached curling rides on one trip and that!!!! Was enough

Now Harry is my fav and will go back for gringotts rr ride when it opens next summer

I didn't mind Hard RockHotel but it just isn't disney.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #1416
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Kook: Gremlins. There are Gremlins in your washing machine. Mine's been acting up since yesterday. Just hope it's not this one...

If you want, I can pick the DH brain about yours. I just need to know the year, brand, and exactly what is it or isn't doing. He may be able to narrow it down to a few things with that info.

Quote:
Wookie: Things still quiet at your house, I hope? Go go Swan Booking! Looking forward to hearing how you like it there. Looooooooove the location.
Yes it has been quiet, and I hope it lasts at least a few more days. I know we'll love it since they have the Heavenly beds, but we won't be there long. We'll hopefully arrive not much later than midnight and will be checking out no later than 11 AM the next morning.

Quote:
Adding... WOW, I'm SO glad I booked our January flights. Airfare just keeps going up and up.
I just hope gas prices don't do the same between now and our September trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I may or may not be pricing a quick weekend in September before our AP's expire......

I hope y'all can make it work.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 07-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #1417
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I will be watching to see what you decide.

I have been saying for months I wasn't going this summer but dd got a job and I haven't seen her

Leaves for college 8/22 so a little disney magic will help heal my achy heart

Dh is so great and understanding to put with a 2 nd mom n me trip in one year
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #1418
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I'm so excited that I had to come and tell y'all.... we have the Swan booked and our WDW trip is totally paid off. If that wasn't enough reason to be all I talked to Donnie at the bell services at the Swan and he said they would be more than happy to transfer our luggage to the AKL for us!! WOO HOO!!! As Phil would say, "I'm happy, happy, happy!!"

Wooooooot! Excellent news all 'round.

Quote:
A sandwich? Will it be THE Sandwich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
We only go to uni for WWOHP
I keep telling my hubs that's ALL I want to do when we go to Universal for the first time.

Quote:
If you want, I can pick the DH brain about yours. I just need to know the year, brand, and exactly what is it or isn't doing. He may be able to narrow it down to a few things with that info.
I just managed two loads this afternoon with no problems. Where's some wood to knock on? *knocks on skull* I will definitely take you up on the offer if it starts acting wonky again.

Quote:
Yes it has been quiet, and I hope it lasts at least a few more days. I know we'll love it since they have the Heavenly beds, but we won't be there long. We'll hopefully arrive not much later than midnight and will be checking out no later than 11 AM the next morning.
Okay, so you'll have to let us know if the "Heavenly" bit lives up to its name... being on the Boardwalk, y'all will have a good time -- even for just a night.

Quote:
I just hope gas prices don't do the same between now and our September trip.
I swore I'd never complain about gas prices after living in Europe (was roughly $8.50-ish a gallon when converting £ to $ and litres to gallons). I will break that promise now... my last 3 fill-ups were at $4.50/pg, $3.95/pg and the last was an el-cheapo fill up in Michigan at $3.79/pg. Hope the Petrol Gods shine favorably on your trip.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #1419
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Miss - NO BLT not even deluxe! If I can convince DH to go it will be POP or POR. I haven't even mentioned it to him and my concern is the heat. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 07-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #1420
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I should probably start thinking about dinner....know what I am making, just not ready to put my boot on and stand for a while
Poor you Melissa, hugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Ok turning off the lights again and back to resting. Remind me to show much more sympathy to you poor ladies that get headaches all the time .... this is not normal for me.
Hope your head is better soon Linda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
s for the short answer on my actual HRH/Leows CL and Universal Studios experiences, let me just say it was just not my cup of tea.
Hi Magic, I'm so sorry to hear your trip wasn't as magical as it could have been.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #1421
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Miss - NO BLT not even deluxe! If I can convince DH to go it will be POP or POR. I haven't even mentioned it to him and my concern is the heat. I'll keep you posted.
Ah, but you'll be THERE! (And you'll have BLT next year.) Have you guys stayed at POR before? (So far it's the only Mod we'd be willing to return to.)
Old 07-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #1422
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Wooooooot! Excellent news all 'round.
Yes it was.

Quote:
I just managed two loads this afternoon with no problems. Where's some wood to knock on? *knocks on skull* I will definitely take you up on the offer if it starts acting wonky again.
**knocks on skull** Just a little extra luck to keep it in working condition.

Quote:
Okay, so you'll have to let us know if the "Heavenly" bit lives up to its name... being on the Boardwalk, y'all will have a good time -- even for just a night.
I'm pretty sure they are the same kind of Heavenly beds that have at the Westins. If they are, they do. We stayed at a Westin in San Antonio, TX for our 6th wedding anniversary and we just wanted to lay in bed and watch tv and not move.

Quote:
I swore I'd never complain about gas prices after living in Europe (was roughly $8.50-ish a gallon when converting £ to $ and litres to gallons). I will break that promise now... my last 3 fill-ups were at $4.50/pg, $3.95/pg and the last was an el-cheapo fill up in Michigan at $3.79/pg. Hope the Petrol Gods shine favorably on your trip.
And there I thought our gas prices were bad. I only put the cheap stuff in the minivan, although I know I should put the high octane in it. I think the last time I put gas in it was $3.49. I know the last time we drove to WDW, gas prices were cheaper in Orlando than they were at home.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #1423
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I know I have been neglecting everyone and I will be back after I clean up from dinner, but.....

WE ARE GOING TO WDW Labor Day weekend!!!!! Waiting to hear back from David's cousin to see if they are going to join us. If so, we will most likely staff off property at the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and share a 4 BR. We have done that in the last and have such a good time. If not I am going to push for POR but it is $50 more a night than POP and I am trying to sell this as a cheapy weekend

My Trip Reports:

Old 07-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #1424
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now that we have the resort booked, we go on airfare watch.....

Quote:

Quote:
I know I have been neglecting everyone and I will be back after I clean up from dinner, but.....

WE ARE GOING TO WDW Labor Day weekend!!!!! Waiting to hear back from David's cousin to see if they are going to join us. If so, we will most likely staff off property at the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and share a 4 BR. We have done that in the last and have such a good time. If not I am going to push for POR but it is $50 more a night than POP and I am trying to sell this as a cheapy weekend

yay!!!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #1425
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Time to buy a new one! Hand washing is a lost art that most prefer not to practice
Lost art indeed and not so good when the creek runs dry. Yes, yes, I know I'm suppose to buy a new one, so says DH and you, but will they take away 4 if I buy a new set? You see, the house came with a set and I moved in with a set and well, I'd be pleased as punch with a new red pair, but not if it means I then have 6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

KOOK Nothing worse than Washer Troubles
You're so right. It's one of the most under appreciated appliances. You don't realize how good you've got it till there's a problem. The rest of the time, it's just...there. No analogies, please

Quote:
Heya ladies!

So glad those military rates came out for you guys.

I think the Pas-Laundry Story was a clever ruse, no? She told the men-folk she was off to do laundry with the girls... just not exactly where the laundry was going to be done -- which happened to be CR. So a little side trip on over to MK while she was launderizing? Or at least that's my interpretation.

Thanks for asking about Miss M! She's off at her second day of GS camp. Hopefully she won't come back with too many skeeter bites today. They zeroed in on the spots I missed yesterday. Bad, inadequate bug-spraying mommy, that's me.

I got some flexi-rod curlers for her hair, to try and do some proper spiral-like ringlet thingies. She went to bed looking a tad Medusa-like. Looked very cute this morning when I unwound them.
Fun with hair! She is definitely BBB material.

So the story is legit? I thought Jeanette the Amazing posted that she was only going to WDW with the girls. Are you saying the boys didn't know or she agreed to do laundry while at the park so that she could go? Either way, this is nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Yep, I booked CL yesterday. Actually 3 reservations...1 modified, and then two additional. (One for the split, and one for the new code, like MM did.) I mentioned this on the rates thread-Sometimes I think phone CM's see no availability and interpret it as a restriction. Availability changes, and with the military discount, I think it changes frequently. Good for us resort changers, we can always pick up the phone.

=======

And thanks, Kook for your sweet words about the furlough. It's annoying to dh, so we try to go out and enjoy lunch together, or visit someplace new. Thankfully, I'm not writing tuition checks or having to make plus loan repayments anymore. In our case, this is doable. If our kids were still in school or college, it would have been a different story. Still, it's not right. I keep hoping someone who understands how wrong this is will speak up. It's time for a good person in D.C. to lead the way toward compromise.
I hate that this is happening to so many and may continue for years to come. But, I'm so happy you have some trips planned. It's great to have WDW to look forward to

Quote:
I hope you get to leave on Tuesday. You could get a lot done at WDW in 8 hours.

We loved your comment - so true! Only a true WDW nut would understand what 8 hours early means to a person

It's too bad you aren't close to us, you wouldn't have to wait for an appliance guy all day. I would make sure my DH was there at whatever time you wanted him there.

I thought of you when it wouldn't drain this morning. I really do need to move back to TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Do they allow CDN military to take part in the military discounts? or reserves?? and do they check your ID at check in??
Wondering if retired military can take advantage of that offer too, or CDN military.
No, sorry the WDW military tickets and room rate is only for US active and retired military. But, they do have those FD offers for Canadians, don't they? Or is that only for UK?

Quote:

That is perfect! But, no, it's just one of these...

0-60 in 15.3 seconds!!!!

Quote:
Why don't you buy one or two Gremlins and drive next time? It's so much fun!

Quote:

SWAN and PIF Dancing Guy for YOU!

Quote:

September??? Don't you mean next weekend - boot and all?
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: