Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #1336
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Sheila what an awful way to hear, I can't begin to imagine how you must have felt. I'm so sorry.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #1337
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I think I see another cheat sheet!! This old memory could never remember all that!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #1338
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Miss - dog washing is my least favourite chore. Hate how the bits of fluff go everywhere. We have a collie. It's deadly.

Krystal, it was me that asked about the album and it is beautiful! We've got an old album with pictures of the kids meeting the characters since they were babies and it is so cute but I am trying to figure out a way to make it more special and permanent. And your children are adorable! I can see they are "sugar and spice" like mine. Too cute!

Trisha - Hello!

Heather - hope the yellow is growing on you!

Melissa - Poor you! Hope you are on the mend soon!

Jeanette - Hope the packing went well!

Miss - Oh my goodness, your girl is sooo cute!

Sue - Hope the physi helps!

Jenny - Love hearing about the holiday decorations! So pretty! Do you decorate your cabin at all? I'v nver been so I have no idea.

Wookie - More hugs coming your way.

Janet - Glad your Sam made it okay!

Candace - Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Marie - One more day until your staycation! Tensy bit jealous! It seems like it will be forever until my husband and I can go out on a real date. Have a wonderful time!
Yes, thanks! Yesterday physio taped it. Magic!! It holds knee in a better position, so less pain. I'm going to ask her to show me how to do it for our wdw trip. I think it will help a lot.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #1339
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

whew

I leave for an afternoon and you girls move 2 pages on me....... wow my TA is on vacation and told me to use this other girl while she was gone. Well the other girl messed our reservation all up I have sent her like 6 messeges and just found something else she mixed up.......Ashley where are ya hon?? need you asap ......ok guess it can wait but dang I should not have to double check everything 3 times. Ok sorry for the ranting hijack..........
444days to Disney......lol

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #1340
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......chilling in the AC......

Our downstairs AC konked out a few weeks ago. We've been looking for replacements but in 100+ degree weather, you can imagine how hard it is to come by AC's. and then if we ordered on line, by the time we got them the heat wave would be over....you know how that is....

So, we have been living in our bedrooms the past few days.....BUT, today at lunch I went to Target, which is right next to Lowes....which I happened to notice was getting a fresh shipment of AC's!!!!!!!!! I was able to grab 2 of them!!! People were grabbing them right off the pallets.

So, now...I'm in my living room...completely comfortable! And even better, we needed a dehumidifier for our basement and my DFIL just showed up with one that he bought us!!!!

One less thing to buy.....

Oh, and I think I have a ch-ch-change a coming! Probably switching from POP to All Star Sports for September!!! I haven't stayed there since my Disneymoon in 2002,but they just had a refurb and now have duvet covers, and BFF and I prefer those so....
MM I been worried about mine konking out never even thought it could be hard to replace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi RCers,

Heather-Those Disney folks knew what they were doing when they built SAB. Its amazing for all ages.

Janet-Glad her visit is going well, homemade ice cream, yum!!

Melissa-Ex-business partner stuff must be stressful. Hope its all concluded, soon. Your ADRs look delicious!

Miss-Have you been having wacky weather, too? Its been unbelievably humid here (like Florida!) and now were waiting for all sorts of predicted t-storms to come through this eve. I just want nice, pretty weather&maybe some birds chirping in the background.

Lacey-Are you getting excited about F&W? Its so hard to wait till they publish the schedule with all the events and seminars.

GG-I love your vacation plans! Its a split-a-paloosa!!
About my multi quotes, lol! I have an ancient laptop that seems to not like it when I multi-quote. Sometimes they do ok, sometimes the poof! So, I just read along and answer using my word processor. Copy it all into the DIS, and voila!

Pas-Thinking of you all on the drive. Know youll be glad when you arrive! Hooray for vacation for the Pas crew!

Koh-I agree with you, this thread is making me hungry, too!

Marie-Have a wonderful staycation!

Sheila-Sending big hugs your way. Goodness, that must have been a hard way to get the news. Please know Im thinking of you.

Magic-Gear, gifts, Rosa Regale, I like your checklist!

MM-Yay for AC!

Kookster-How's the new roadster?

==================================

Now, an ADR update. I cant help myself. I tweak them all the time. I keep waiting to see a box pop up from WDW saying, Ginny, arent you done yet???
Flying Fish
Cali Grill
Chefs de France
BiergartenIm hoping to cancel this and sub in the Scotland Land of Food and Drink event
Il Mulino-We are waiting to see whos presenting the wine school this day. If we go, well just stop by Il M. for a few snackies after.
Kouzzina-Another wait and see ressie. Sometimes they have a Signature dining event on the first Monday&so&fingers crossed.

That's about all that's new here, have a good weekend, RCers!
gwynne TY I tweeking my ADRs a lot too

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hiya Lacey, They aren't taking reservations yet for Cali Grill. I am hoping it will work out. Your ADRs look great!
gwynne
I saw a while back CG was open for reservations starting 11/19 so I checked and sure enough but nothing earlier and were there 11/3-8. I have to check again just for fun.

Update I went over and checked again and now it looks like they are no longer taking ADRs for 11/19 and later unless it is all booked or maybe it was a "glitch" that allowed bookings like the one where some people booked CP early? Oh Well

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 07-20-2013 at 07:54 AM.
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #1341
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Sheila what an awful way to hear, I can't begin to imagine how you must have felt. I'm so sorry.
Sue TY

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #1342
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So we are still set at the Poly and after getting the ok from DH for this final switch, it's definitely final...looking forward to some beach time, even if it's not the blue Gulf waters and white sand I so miss...

BUT, a couple of ironic things...

1) 2 of our previous resorts are set to test the FastPass+ while we are there - AKL and CR

2) DS has taken to discussing the next time we go to Disney and what hotel to stay in and that it needs a pool so he can show everybody how he can float/swim now. For some reason he associates Disney hotels with pools and no other hotels? Who knows...BUT the ironic thing is now he says he wants to stay at Animal Kingdom the next time...

LOL
We love the gulf too, but decided to forgo it this trip as well, and just stay in Ft Lauderdale Pre wdw, visiting my mom ( who's in an ALS home) and see my cousin, and friends. If I shortened our 9 day Lauderdale stay, would make for a less relaxing time trying to fit everyone in. Sigh! But we love St Pete. Unfortunately our fav hotel according to their web site just got refurbed, and so they've jacked prices way up. Used to have good deals if you booked 6 mos out. Then another tier for 3 mos. no more

Both our first night at Pop, and then YC are doing FP+ testing, but not our 2 day GF! No idea how this is going to work, because system is letting me put in FP selections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Another TEXT update from PAS:

Just got back on the road... coming up to Brunswick, Georgia...

29 miles.... Helllllllo Florida!!!

We are 187 miles to PORTOFINO!!!!

Wahoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Thank you for all the well-wishes for Allan! your support of us warms my heart...it's a work in progress, but he's determined so hoping for some good news out of this in the end....we will see what the fall and a summer of intense PT/OT brings!
I soooooo wish we could go to WDW right now! With DH off for the last almost 6 months, it would have been perfect to just get away, unfortunately the funds aren't there right now January 2015 is looking so far away! maybe I'll have to push it up to Oct/ Nov 2014 ...but really in the larger scheme of things, January is usually cheaper, and by the time Oct 2014 rolls around there would only be 3 months to wait, and longer to save .... so Jan/Feb might still be the timeframe.
I'll enjoy my weekend with Allan and keep saving for our big vacation a little at a time.

YEAH for PAS! so excited for her, and can't wait to hear about her trip.

Linda!! WOW 19 days at Disney World -- jealous!!! That's alot of resort hopping, good thing WDW makes it so easy! the longest I stayed at WDW was in Sept 2009 for 12 days...... Sept 1-12, 2009...... club level, Animal Kingdom Lodge. While it was a great trip, it was very hot, and probablly a day or two too long!
I find 9/10 days with travel just about perfect for everything I want to do.....but must include Universal in that time now too

All this talk about Mcgriddles have me wanting to try one, but every time I think of it, I balk at the amount of calories that must be in that thing! It sure sounds yummy though!

Have a happy Friday everyone!
Best wishes for successful PT for DH. Funny that! When you have the time off, ya don't have the cash! But isn't he being paid WCB? Since I get laid off every summer from school board, being a 10 mo employee, I get EI. This summer getting sick EI, if I ever get a check!! Sheech, they are so slow, I'll prob be back at work in Sept before I see a check from them!! I went down to the office yesterday and told them that, so the guy said he'd put a rush on my claim! Only been off since June 19!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
You're right 19 days is a rather long time ..... but it isn't my longest trip .... that would be the time when I was there and just kept changing my return flight and of course POP always had a room for me. My family was sure that I was no longer on vacation .... that I'd just gotten a job and moved there!

DD and I plan to just take it easy and relax .... lots of resort pool time. She's had a hard couple of years therefore this mama has had a hard time!

Always thinking of you and Allan .... it might be a long slow process but I believe it will happen!
19 days I love long relaxing trips. We'll be 14 this trip. Love the easy relaxing pace.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #1343
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

business class

Ok, ok you convinced me switching to business class build 9b that's the third room for this hotel......

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #1344
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Ok, ok you convinced me switching to business class build 9b that's the third room for this hotel......
It really is worth it for building location! Sangria's are a bonus!

I may end up there with dd after our VGF in Jan. I am waiting to see if discount available and if so. Bye bye Little Mermaid hello Business Class
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #1345
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Finally hit the double digit countdown, 99 days until I get to spend a week in paradise at the Poly.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #1346
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi peeps!

Petey, welcome back stranger!! 99 sounds so much better than 100 glad to "see" you back!

Sue, hoping your claim is processed ASAP for you to have some extra Disney dough

Sheila, hoping you are managing to stay cool in this heat! Here's an extra hug for you today

MM, way to go on getting the AC units!! We had our AC break about 4 years ago in the middle of august...it was brutual. Don't know how I ever managed to grow up with no AC at all in the house (or in our cars).

Spiritsim, for BC!! If you keep it you'll be the first RCer to stay there!!

Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing Saturday. I know my Sam is having fun... Her and Carlie are out tubing today!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #1347
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi peeps!

Petey, welcome back stranger!! 99 sounds so much better than 100 glad to "see" you back!

Sue, hoping your claim is processed ASAP for you to have some extra Disney dough

Spiritsim, for BC!! If you keep it you'll be the first RCer to stay there!!

Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing Saturday. I know my Sam is having fun... Her and Carlie are out tubing today!!
I stayed at BC last September and I thought there was somebody else here who recently stayed there too? But maybe I'm wrong...? :-)

Lots of personal stuff that I'm dealing with right now and trying to figure out, so I may be MIA for a bit...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #1348
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quick need opinions from my honest RC family.....MK view just opened at BLT. It is about $30 more a night than LV. The kids absolutely loved TPV at CR and really want it again. Just like with CR, there is the parking lot to look at, and I think even more so with BLT. If we get high enough you kind of look last the parking lot. With LV i can request north building and and even room number and hope to see fireworks. Should I just bite the bullet and change us to MK view so I am guaranteed a view if the fireworks?????

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #1349
Janet B
DIS Veteran

trishadono, fingers crossed for a good disccount! CSR BC sounds very enticing!

Quote:
I stayed at BC last September and I thought there was somebody else here who recently stayed there too? But maybe I'm wrong...? :-)
Maybe Lacey and/or Ginny last year?

Quote:
Lots of personal stuff that I'm dealing with right now and trying to figure out, so I may be MIA for a bit...
Krystal, hoping things can get sorted out quickly and without too much mess or stress.. .hang in there, we are here for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Quick need opinions from my honest RC family.....MK view just opened at BLT. It is about $30 more a night than LV. The kids absolutely loved TPV at CR and really want it again. Just like with CR, there is the parking lot to look at, and I think even more so with BLT. If we get high enough you kind of look last the parking lot. With LV i can request north building and and even room number and hope to see fireworks. Should I just bite the bullet and change us to MK view so I am guaranteed a view if the fireworks?????
Hi Melissa, no prior history here, so my opinion is not based on experience! Maybe Kook will see this and respond...

Do you spend a lot of time in the room? Have you stayed LV at CR before and know what to expect should you stay with it? A view of bay lake is nice too.....with a MK view at BLT, do you see a lot of parking lot?

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #1350
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi Melissa, no prior history here, so my opinion is not based on experience! Maybe Kook will see this and respond...

Do you spend a lot of time in the room? Have you stayed LV at CR before and know what to expect should you stay with it? A view of bay lake is nice too.....with a MK view at BLT, do you see a lot of parking lot?
We have stayed both LV and TPV at CR, and the kids loved TPV hands down, no questions asked. DH and I really did enjoy the TPV at CR as well, but the LV is so peaceful. I think you see more parking lot from BLT, and that is my concern, will we be as happy with MKV at BLT as we were at CR. I have looked at the pics and it seems okay. Ugh, I hate second guessing every move I make. The MKV was not available when I booked nor, when packages opened up last week, so I feel like I need to jump on it now and pray for a discount this fall. KOOK where are you when I need you

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: