Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #1321
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry, Sheila. That's an awful way to find out.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #1322
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
This will be our first F&W trip as of now it is 2 lunches and one dinner of eating around the world. I hope we can fit all the booths that we want to try in.

Oh no I hope the dates are not during the Diva Trip.

Speaking about weddings, I go to FB and what do I read......my Ddil or do I say ex dil posted she remarried yesterday. Just 2 days shy of the 4 year anniversary of Jason's death. I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach. I knew she was living with this guy and haven't talked to her in a few months but geez Louise not the best way of finding out and It was the timing being so close to Jason's Angel day that really got me.
Oh SO SORRY Sheila. What a horrible way to find out .... I really think she could have called you or stopped to let you know.
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #1323
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

So sorry Sheila.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #1324
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

I agree sheila That's a shocking way to find out such big news! Even though she is entitled to move on with her life, if she was close to you, she should have the respect to at least let you know without you having to read it on FB! so impersonal, considering she'd been a special part of your life for a time! So sorry you have angel days for both your boys, my heart breaks for you, and I send ((( 's ))) your way, know your boys are close in spirit, I am sure shining down on you every day!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #1325
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Oh Shelia, that is hard!!! I can't even begin to imagine what you are feeling right now. My heart is with you! ((((((HUGS))))))

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I'm so sorry, Sheila. That's an awful way to find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Oh SO SORRY Sheila. What a horrible way to find out .... I really think she could have called you or stopped to let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So sorry Sheila.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
I agree sheila That's a shocking way to find out such big news! Even though she is entitled to move on with her life, if she was close to you, she should have the respect to at least let you know without you having to read it on FB! so impersonal, considering she'd been a special part of your life for a time! So sorry you have angel days for both your boys, my heart breaks for you, and I send ((( 's ))) your way, know your boys are close in spirit, I am sure shining down on you every day!!
Thanks Everyone It was a quite a shock to read about it like that on FB. Darn social media! The ironic thing is Ivory was the Ddil I was closest to. If it had not been so close to the day I lost my DS I doubt it would have bothered me like it did.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #1326
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Oh Sheila! so very very sorry .... agree with others that it was a terrible way to find out..... a considerate action on her part would of been to call you or stop by for a visit to let you know. Please know you have our love and and support

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #1327
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks Everyone It was a quite a shock to read about it like that on FB. Darn social media! The ironic thing is Ivory was the Ddil I was closest to. If it had not been so close to the day I lost my DS I doubt it would have bothered me like it did.
I agree with everyone else and it seems the timing could have been better as well. So sorry... *hugs*
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #1328
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Sheila Big Hugs

Sorry you had to find out like that!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #1329
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Oh Sheila! so very very sorry .... agree with others that it was a terrible way to find out..... a considerate action on her part would of been to call you or stop by for a visit to let you know. Please know you have our love and and support
I am lucky to have such a group of wonderful friends here!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #1330
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

sjs314: I am sorry to hear the news so close to Jason's angel day. Do you think Ivory was afraid she didn't know the right words to gently tell to you? Some times that happens and then, before ya know it, it is too late to say anything at all. Ugh. Doesn't make it easier for you, though.

Gwynne: Yes I have started putting some things together. Tried on swimsuits. Yikes. Got out all the Disney gear and dusted it off... And gifts for the relatives... And the Rosa Regale wine... And the Cap'n Morgan...

babyberger: I like your ADR plans a lot. Since you are staying in MK territory anyway the location seems fine to me. We like to freshen up back at the room before most dinner ADRs, so less travel works well.

spiritsim: A big welcome to ya! Stick around here and you'll make ten more ressie changes til Oct 2014!

JanetB: Friend Lorraine gave me a Wilton McGriddle pan to make the shells and assemble them at home. Funny timing, but I just rinsed it off this a.m. to make DB breakfast with it next week.

Just wanted to check in quickly. Have a nice weekend RCers. Glad to hear pas130 is a "Floridian" today. I haven't run into pas130 yet, but if I do I will let y'all know!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #1331
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Melissa, lost your quote somehow... love your ADRs... you can never have too many in the MK area...

Quote:
I am lucky to have such a group of wonderful friends here!
as we are to have you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Gwynne: Yes I have started putting some things together. Tried on swimsuits. Yikes. Got out all the Disney gear and dusted it off... And gifts for the relatives... And the Rosa Regale wine... And the Cap'n Morgan...
ahhh... there's the rum!

Quote:
JanetB: Friend Lorraine gave me a Wilton McGriddle pan to make the shells and assemble them at home. Funny timing, but I just rinsed it off this a.m. to make DB breakfast with it next week.
hmmm.... will you be bringing it to OKW?? Sam and I are free for breakfast on Saturday!! aS we are trying to make RD at HS... can we get our order to go?

Quote:
Just wanted to check in quickly. Have a nice weekend RCers. Glad to hear pas130 is a "Floridian" today. I haven't run into pas130 yet, but if I do I will let y'all know!
Magic, Have a wonderful weekend!! Hope you and Pas can meet up!

BTW, the Pas Clan has descended on Portofino!! Out for Gelato!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #1332
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......chilling in the AC......

Our downstairs AC konked out a few weeks ago. We've been looking for replacements but in 100+ degree weather, you can imagine how hard it is to come by AC's. and then if we ordered on line, by the time we got them the heat wave would be over....you know how that is....

So, we have been living in our bedrooms the past few days.....BUT, today at lunch I went to Target, which is right next to Lowes....which I happened to notice was getting a fresh shipment of AC's!!!!!!!!! I was able to grab 2 of them!!! People were grabbing them right off the pallets.

So, now...I'm in my living room...completely comfortable! And even better, we needed a dehumidifier for our basement and my DFIL just showed up with one that he bought us!!!!

One less thing to buy.....

Oh, and I think I have a ch-ch-change a coming! Probably switching from POP to All Star Sports for September!!! I haven't stayed there since my Disneymoon in 2002,but they just had a refurb and now have duvet covers, and BFF and I prefer those so....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #1333
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi RCers,

Heather-Those Disney folks knew what they were doing when they built SAB. It’s amazing for all ages.

Janet-Glad her visit is going well, homemade ice cream, yum!!

Melissa-Ex-business partner stuff must be stressful. Hope it’s all concluded, soon. Your ADR’s look delicious!

Miss-Have you been having wacky weather, too? It’s been unbelievably humid here (like Florida!) and now we’re waiting for all sorts of predicted t-storms to come through this eve. I just want nice, pretty weather…maybe some birds chirping in the background.

Lacey-Are you getting excited about F&W? It’s so hard to wait till they publish the schedule with all the events and seminars.

GG-I love your vacation plans! It’s a split-a-paloosa!!
About my multi quotes, lol! I have an ancient laptop that seems to not like it when I multi-quote. Sometimes they do ok, sometimes the poof! So, I just read along and answer using my word processor. Copy it all into the DIS, and voila!

Pas-Thinking of you all on the drive. Know you’ll be glad when you arrive! Hooray for vacation for the Pas crew!

Koh-I agree with you, this thread is making me hungry, too!

Marie-Have a wonderful staycation!

Sheila-Sending big hugs your way. Goodness, that must have been a hard way to get the news. Please know I’m thinking of you.

Magic-Gear, gifts, Rosa Regale, I like your checklist!

MM-Yay for AC!

Kookster-How's the new roadster?

==================================

Now, an ADR update. I can’t help myself. I tweak them all the time. I keep waiting to see a box pop up from WDW saying, Ginny, aren’t you done yet???
Flying Fish
Cali Grill
Chefs de France
Biergarten—I’m hoping to cancel this and sub in the Scotland Land of Food and Drink event
Il Mulino-We are waiting to see who’s presenting the wine school this day. If we go, we’ll just stop by Il M. for a few snackies after.
Kouzzina-Another wait and see ressie. Sometimes they have a Signature dining event on the first Monday…so…fingers crossed.

That's about all that's new here, have a good weekend, RCers!

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #1334
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Big hugs Sheila!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

You're right 19 days is a rather long time ..... but it isn't my longest trip .... that would be the time when I was there and just kept changing my return flight and of course POP always had a room for me. My family was sure that I was no longer on vacation .... that I'd just gotten a job and moved there!

DD and I plan to just take it easy and relax .... lots of resort pool time. She's had a hard couple of years therefore this mama has had a hard time!

Always thinking of you and Allan .... it might be a long slow process but I believe it will happen!
Linda - you are my hero! I want to go down and then cancel my return flight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi RCers,

Lacey-Are you getting excited about F&W? It’s so hard to wait till they publish the schedule with all the events and seminars.

==================================

Now, an ADR update. I can’t help myself. I tweak them all the time. I keep waiting to see a box pop up from WDW saying, Ginny, aren’t you done yet???
Flying Fish
Cali Grill
Chefs de France
Biergarten—I’m hoping to cancel this and sub in the Scotland Land of Food and Drink event
Il Mulino-We are waiting to see who’s presenting the wine school this day. If we go, we’ll just stop by Il M. for a few snackies after.
Kouzzina-Another wait and see ressie. Sometimes they have a Signature dining event on the first Monday…so…fingers crossed.

That's about all that's new here, have a good weekend, RCers!
Ginny - I am soooo excited! I need to spend some time with my ADRs. Did you get Cali Grill? I didn't realize they were taking ADRs yet. So far we have Via Napoli, Flying Fish, Yachtsman. We are doing CG if it is open in time. I need to add in a breakfast or two and I don't know where.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #1335
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey
Big hugs Sheila!

Linda - you are my hero! I want to go down and then cancel my return flight!

Ginny - I am soooo excited! I need to spend some time with my ADRs. Did you get Cali Grill? I didn't realize they were taking ADRs yet. So far we have Via Napoli, Flying Fish, Yachtsman. We are doing CG if it is open in time. I need to add in a breakfast or two and I don't know where.
Hiya Lacey, They aren't taking reservations yet for Cali Grill. I am hoping it will work out. Your ADRs look great!

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: