Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #1306
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
My cheat sheet is two windows open at the same time or my iPad next to my laptop, LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
If I did that this would be me .....
Old 07-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #1307
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Another TEXT update from PAS:

Just got back on the road... coming up to Brunswick, Georgia...

29 miles.... Helllllllo Florida!!!

We are 187 miles to PORTOFINO!!!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #1308
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Thank you for all the well-wishes for Allan! your support of us warms my heart...it's a work in progress, but he's determined so hoping for some good news out of this in the end....we will see what the fall and a summer of intense PT/OT brings!
I soooooo wish we could go to WDW right now! With DH off for the last almost 6 months, it would have been perfect to just get away, unfortunately the funds aren't there right now January 2015 is looking so far away! maybe I'll have to push it up to Oct/ Nov 2014 ...but really in the larger scheme of things, January is usually cheaper, and by the time Oct 2014 rolls around there would only be 3 months to wait, and longer to save .... so Jan/Feb might still be the timeframe.
I'll enjoy my weekend with Allan and keep saving for our big vacation a little at a time.

YEAH for PAS! so excited for her, and can't wait to hear about her trip.

Linda!! WOW 19 days at Disney World -- jealous!!! That's alot of resort hopping, good thing WDW makes it so easy! the longest I stayed at WDW was in Sept 2009 for 12 days...... Sept 1-12, 2009...... club level, Animal Kingdom Lodge. While it was a great trip, it was very hot, and probablly a day or two too long!
I find 9/10 days with travel just about perfect for everything I want to do.....but must include Universal in that time now too

All this talk about Mcgriddles have me wanting to try one, but every time I think of it, I balk at the amount of calories that must be in that thing! It sure sounds yummy though!

Have a happy Friday everyone!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #1309
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Thank you for all the well-wishes for Allan! your support of us warms my heart...it's a work in progress, but he's determined so hoping for some good news out of this in the end....we will see what the fall and a summer of intense PT/OT brings!
I soooooo wish we could go to WDW right now! With DH off for the last almost 6 months, it would have been perfect to just get away, unfortunately the funds aren't there right now January 2015 is looking so far away! maybe I'll have to push it up to Oct/ Nov 2014 ...but really in the larger scheme of things, January is usually cheaper, and by the time Oct 2014 rolls around there would only be 3 months to wait, and longer to save .... so Jan/Feb might still be the timeframe.
I'll enjoy my weekend with Allan and keep saving for our big vacation a little at a time.

YEAH for PAS! so excited for her, and can't wait to hear about her trip.

Linda!! WOW 19 days at Disney World -- jealous!!! That's alot of resort hopping, good thing WDW makes it so easy! the longest I stayed at WDW was in Sept 2009 for 12 days...... Sept 1-12, 2009...... club level, Animal Kingdom Lodge. While it was a great trip, it was very hot, and probablly a day or two too long!
I find 9/10 days with travel just about perfect for everything I want to do.....but must include Universal in that time now too

All this talk about Mcgriddles have me wanting to try one, but every time I think of it, I balk at the amount of calories that must be in that thing! It sure sounds yummy though!

You're right 19 days is a rather long time ..... but it isn't my longest trip .... that would be the time when I was there and just kept changing my return flight and of course POP always had a room for me. My family was sure that I was no longer on vacation .... that I'd just gotten a job and moved there!

DD and I plan to just take it easy and relax .... lots of resort pool time. She's had a hard couple of years therefore this mama has had a hard time!

Always thinking of you and Allan .... it might be a long slow process but I believe it will happen!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #1310
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh how I do love the bacon, egg, and cheese McGriddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
You guys are making me hungry this morning! I had to go fix a scrambled egg and some toast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Now I'm hungry...and breakfast hours are over... :-/
Mickey's D now has a few breakfast items avail all day ...

Quote:
:
hey guys.... all this talk about Mickey D's had to look up the calories..

Overall calories not as bad (don't look at the fat or sodium content though)

SEC McGriddle 550 Calories
BEC McGriddle 460 Calories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Shouldn't you stop posting and be making some ADRs?!?! Mine are all done! Just sayin ......

Could there be some changes coming to the Granny/Wannabe trip??
Hey I did it LAST night (or should I say early this AM??? Just didn't get the chance to update yet .....

Quote:

Marie, always keeping you and DH in my thoughts Hoping for positive PT results this summer. Hoping all is going smoothly with your DS and his new job.

Have a fabulous "stay-cation" with Allan! this weekend!

TY Kook!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #1311
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Hey I did it LAST night (or should I say early this AM??? Just didn't get the chance to update yet .....

Me too!!! As soon as we got off the phone!!! Great minds and all that .....
Old 07-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #1312
Janet B
DIS Veteran

A great sign to behold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Janet: Until Thursday, that's excellent! A nice long time to spend hanging out with her BFF. (I'd have been texting non-stop to the point where she'd have turned off her phone. ) My Weasley torture happens tomorrow. Eep.
Miss, told myself I wouldn't bug her.... so trying to keep to my word. And kids at this age just ignore you if they want...they wouldn't turn off the phone in case they get some REALLY important text (not Mom's )

Plus they gotta instagram, check FB, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
RCers: We even enable snacking! Heya!

I'm off to the dreaded ... *dun dun DUUUUNNNN* Whole Foods to get some rolls for tonight's grill. I will try to test my resolve by staying out of the Wine/Beer section.
Yeah, let's us now how that worked out... and it's a friday... a double whammy for trolling the food/spirits aisles...

TY Kook!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #1313
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh while you are there, I need a few things, LOL !!!
Would you believe, I walked INTO the wine/beer section and back out again with NOTHING?

Quote:
Okay so as I mentioned my ADR's are looking MK area intensive. Is it too much in the MK area???

Cali Grill - dinner
The Wave - breakfast and dinner
BoG - lunch (maybe) and dinner
LTT - lunch

Then non MK area...
Sci-Fi - lunch or dinner
Coral Reef - lunch or dinner
Sounds good to me! Especially since you'll be staying so close, it'll be very convenient. After switching back to the Epcot area, I decided we should raincheck Artist Point/Cali Grill until we're up for MK again (and finally staying at CR, I know we'll be there at some point.)

Quote:
Where oh where is GG staying???

POR 2 nights
CSR 3 nights
AKV 7 nights
OKW 7 nights

And that's all folks!!
That's ALL!*

* With some impending ADDED days, I bet!

Quote:
My cheat sheet is two windows open at the same time or my iPad next to my laptop, LOL!!
My poor computer(s). I wind up having 10+ browser tabs open at once -- on both Firefox and Chrome. I'm surprised these things don't start spewing smoke.

Quote:
Don't forget the snacks for our trip!
Okay, we're SET! My trip to the store netted us the following snacks: two pounds of organic strawberries, a bag of kettle corn, fresh baked pretzel sticks and a block of cheddar. (I bought a bunch of golden beets and yellow squash but I think we can safely exclude those from the snacking. )

Quote:
Heck YEAH!

Quote:
Enjoy your staycation, Marie.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #1314
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We all wish we were seeing that sign RIGHT now! Go go Pas-mobile!

Quote:
...they wouldn't turn off the phone in case they get some REALLY important text (not Mom's )

Quote:
Yeah, let's us now how that worked out... and it's a friday... a double whammy for trolling the food/spirits aisles...
I shouldn't boast too much about walking in and out with nothing today... the hubbo stopped in and brought back 3 bottles yesterday evening.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #1315
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Okay so as I mentioned my ADR's are looking MK area intensive. Is it too much in the MK area???

Cali Grill - dinner
The Wave - breakfast and dinner
BoG - lunch (maybe) and dinner
LTT - lunch

Then non MK area...
Sci-Fi - lunch or dinner
Coral Reef - lunch or dinner

melissa Your ADRs look good to me but then I always plan most of mine based on where we are staying except for our in the park ones.

GG

Your Trip plans look Great!

AS of now I am thinking more F&W is the way to go

Heather It has been brutal up here today we are suppose to reach 99 and with the humidity it will feel like 105 :faint. Good news is the heat wave is going to end by Sunday temps next week in the mid 80's

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #1316
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Just got back on the road... coming up to Brunswick, Georgia...

29 miles.... Helllllllo Florida!!!

I see by the pic of the FL sign about 20 mins ago they are getting close

I can imagine the kids cheering I know mine use to when we drove

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #1317
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
melissa Your ADRs look good to me but then I always plan most of mine based on where we are staying except for our in the park ones.

GG

Your Trip plans look Great!

AS of now I am thinking more F&W is the way to go

Heather It has been brutal up here today we are suppose to reach 99 and with the humidity it will feel like 105 :faint. Good news is the heat wave is going to end by Sunday temps next week in the mid 80's
As you may remember my trip was suppose to be F&W but the "maybe" wedding plans canceled that. Well now it looks like the wedding might not happen until next Feb. And with my luck it'll probably be the weekend of the Dis DL Diva trip!

As for F&W I just love eating my way around the world!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #1318
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Still reading through but stopped to say Hi. we are going to WDW for the first time in Oct 2014 started out at POR but already switched to CSR, couldn't help myself
Never stayed at POR just POFQ and CSR. Loved both but CSR a little more!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #1319
sjs314

Quote:
As you may remember my trip was suppose to be F&W but the "maybe" wedding plans canceled that. Well now it looks like the wedding might not happen until next Feb. And with my luck it'll probably be the weekend of the Dis DL Diva trip!

As for F&W I just love eating my way around the world!!!
This will be our first F&W trip as of now it is 2 lunches and one dinner of eating around the world. I hope we can fit all the booths that we want to try in.

Oh no I hope the dates are not during the Diva Trip.

Speaking about weddings, I go to FB and what do I read......my Ddil or do I say ex dil posted she remarried yesterday. Just 2 days shy of the 4 year anniversary of Jason's death. I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach. I knew she was living with this guy and haven't talked to her in a few months but geez Louise not the best way of finding out and It was the timing being so close to Jason's Angel day that really got me.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #1320
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

This will be our first F&W trip as of now it is 2 lunches and one dinner of eating around the world. I hope we can fit all the booths that we want to try in.

Oh no I hope the dates are not during the Diva Trip.

Speaking about weddings, I go to FB and what do I read......my Ddil or do I say ex dil posted she remarried yesterday. Just 2 days shy of the 4 year anniversary of Jason's death. I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach. I knew she was living with this guy and haven't talked to her in a few months but geez Louise not the best way of finding out and It was the timing being so close to Jason's Angel day that really got me.
Oh Shelia, that is hard!!! I can't even begin to imagine what you are feeling right now. My heart is with you! ((((((HUGS))))))

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: