Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #1261
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I want to go!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Of course you'll come!!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #1262
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Don't forget to pick me up in Chicago! I'll volunteer to ride in one of the 2 Free Bags if you're flying Southwest.
Looks like you'll be my first stop!!!!
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #1263
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

PICK ME!!, PICK ME!! but it would mean a side stop on mid- West Coast'ish Canada (Alberta) to grab me! but boy would I LOVE to join you all! WE WILL HAVE TO , HAVE to do that RCer girls trip one of these years FOR SURE!!! That will be a blast!!!!
Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #1264
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Jen, just saw this and thought of you!!!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...holiday-cheer/

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #1265
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
PICK ME!!, PICK ME!! but it would mean a side stop on mid- West Coast'ish Canada (Alberta) to grab me! but boy would I LOVE to join you all! WE WILL HAVE TO , HAVE to do that RCer girls trip one of these years FOR SURE!!! That will be a blast!!!!
Marie
Okay I think I've got this .... I leave CA fly north to Canada, then to Chicago and then hit the East Coast and head south!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #1266
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Okay I think I've got this .... I leave CA fly north to Canada, then to Chicago and then hit the East Coast and head south!!!
SOUNDS PERFECT

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #1267
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
wookie I hate all the bickering that arises after someone's Death over the will/assets. Sorry your having to deal with this
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Wookie: I am sorry that now comes all the ugly for your family. So sad. ALK can't come soon enough 53 days for you. Here's a little something for ya.
Yes it is. The thing is, the mil and fil don't even want anything from him, the mil just thinks the fil will see it as a lack of love by not mentioning him originally. Now it's 52 days until we check into the AKL, but we are driving so we leave in 50 days.

Quote:
Hi everyone! sorry it's been awhile .... i've been extra-busy working full time coveroff for my partner who is covering our centre's accountant who is on holidays! the extra money is helpful right now with all the bills/ trying to pay off debt, but the hours leave little time for much else during the week! One more week of full time, then I'm back to my PT schedule.

DH is hitting his physio/ OT very hard this summer trying to get that pinky finger to move.....not much progress in that dept. right now, it's a slow, slow process....hoping the best for him though! This weekend we are going on our little staycation -- one night to a hotel with a jacuzzi tub in our room, and a king bed!! WOOHOO!!! I get to sleep in the same bed with DH and have my SPACE
We are going to a nice dinner on Saturday, it's called Chop STeakhouse and bar, never been there, but it gets great reviews...it's like the Keg, and pricey, but I really would love a good steak, so I'm going to try and not complain about dropping $100 on dinner!!!
We don't have any holidays planned until Jan 2015, so I think I can splurge a little on this one weekend , much needed with my honey!

Marie
Keeping y'all in our prayers. Hopefully, the DH's physio will really help. Y'all have a great weekend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I can't believe I am 35.

But, I have great friends and family in my life and they are all working hard to make my day great and not so shocking.

I am at work today and my cube was decked out in streamers, pixie dust and Disney theme.

Hoping for a nice relaxing evening!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Quote:
Sheila I'd love to just fly to the East Coast, grab you and head to WDW!!! Heck we might as well grab a few others as we go by .....Janet, Dani, Jeanette and Christine ..... anyone else????
That sounds like Heaven

Quote:
Marie
We really should!!

All is quiet here today, which is really good. I am working a half day tomorrow in my friend's in home day care again. It's her and her hubby's wedding anniversary and they are going to spend the night at a nice hotel in the area. Then I start working part time, I guess you would call it, for her starting the first week in August. I'm only going to work about 5 hours a day, and she's going to put me mainly in charge of the babies. I'm thinking she said I would make $200 a week, which will make for some nice Disney money.

Oh and have y'all registered for the trip the DISUnplugged is giving away to Aulani? If you haven't here is a link to the episode talking about it...
DISUnplugged Aulani Contest

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #1268
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

..............................Mousemommy1
Old 07-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #1269
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I can't believe I am 35.

But, I have great friends and family in my life and they are all working hard to make my day great and not so shocking.

I am at work today and my cube was decked out in streamers, pixie dust and Disney theme.

That is so sweet of your co workers

Happy Birthday !
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #1270
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WDWKOOK: Your new ride is programmed with GPS presets. Preset #1 is the route to Del Boca Vista.

Quote:
JanetB: Sam looks wonderful. So grown up! And she and Carlie are going to have a ball. BTW, you can relax now.
Magic, thanks for the compliments for my Sam. And yes, I'm all relaxed now.

Quote:
Now counterpart Hoop-De-Doo is another story. Timeless, classic WDW fun fun fun.
Magic, LOVE the HDDR!! (and your appropriate smilie )

Quote:

I can't believe I am 35.

Candace, Nice to receive some pixie dust at work for your birthday!

And 35 is YOUNG.... hey flip those numbers around and that's where I'm sitting!

Quote:
Sheila I'd love to just fly to the East Coast, grab you and head to WDW!!! Heck we might as well grab a few others as we go by .....Janet, Dani, Jeanette and Christine ..... anyone else????
Oh yes! Pick me up!!

Quote:
Just added 2 nights at the beginning of my trip at POR ... so Janet if you could please add Aug 31-Sept 2 POR!!!
Okay, but I'm waiting for you to add on MORE days until you reach August 2.

Quote:
Marie, perhaps we should start the preliminary planning now....

Quote:
Somehow this sounds like a Kramer Plan!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #1271
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Well our RC Queen will be ending her 24 HOUR SHIFT at 6pm!!

Heading home for final packing and roll call before hitting the road by 9pm!!

Pas, my friend have a FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL trip!!!

Can't wait to get the updates!! Love you and SAFE Travels!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #1272
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Me too!! I can't wait for the updates!! It'll be like a virtual vaca.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #1273
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday Candace. :-) I will be 36 this year...35 didn't hit me nearly as hard as turning 30 did!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #1274
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Wishing her safe and happy travels!!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 07-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #1275
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So we are still set at the Poly and after getting the ok from DH for this final switch, it's definitely final...looking forward to some beach time, even if it's not the blue Gulf waters and white sand I so miss...

BUT, a couple of ironic things...

1) 2 of our previous resorts are set to test the FastPass+ while we are there - AKL and CR

2) DS has taken to discussing the next time we go to Disney and what hotel to stay in and that it needs a pool so he can show everybody how he can float/swim now. For some reason he associates Disney hotels with pools and no other hotels? Who knows...BUT the ironic thing is now he says he wants to stay at Animal Kingdom the next time...

LOL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: