Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #1246
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

WDWKOOK: Your new ride is programmed with GPS presets. Preset #1 is the route to Del Boca Vista.

WDWKOOK: Yup, still at OKW, arrive 31st. Not being a big drinker, my downfall is those Captain's Mai Tai's. Ohhhhhh my... must stay faaaaar away from those. Janet will need to partake is Dole Whips very soon. Speaking of DWs, I hope they add the Cap'n Morgan Dole Whip to the regular rotation soon, like in the next week!

JanetB: Sam looks wonderful. So grown up! And she and Carlie are going to have a ball. BTW, you can relax now.

Wookie: I am sorry that now comes all the ugly for your family. So sad. ALK can't come soon enough 53 days for you. Here's a little something for ya.

HStrickland: Yup, more tanning. Yesterday, while laying on my back, I balanced my ipad on my lips to shade my face. ipad are SO versatile.

Jennyjinx: Holiday decorations???? I'm in, where do I sign up for the boat??? Your trip is gonna rock.

Missoutandabout: MissM is adorable in those curls. I see Merida fo' sho'!
Old 07-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #1247
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hiya Sheila. I was able to cancel CRT online (to change it to a different day) but unsure if that was only because I booked it online? If it shows up in your reservation list, see if the cancel option is available before having to endure that dreaded automated system. Sometimes I wonder why they even HAVE a website when the end result is having to call!
Miss I was able to cancel online even got the cancellation confirmation email #, now just have to keep an eye TT the credit $ appears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Afternoon Peeps!

First, for our Pas ... my friend, we are celebrating with you!!

Miss, Sam is staying until next Thursday, when they will start the drive back... their plan is to drive most of the way, stay overnight and come in on Friday. It's about 14 hours total.

And I've resisted from texting (except for trading texts yesterday when she first got on the plane and when she landed). Let's see how my resolve goes today....
No problem! Glad you have your days straightened out my friend...must be getting used to the yellow invastion

And it doesn't seem that long ago Sam was playing with littlest pet shops, and liking all the girly stuff....sigh .... times marches on no matter how much we might want it to.

Sheila, thank you! She seems to have really matured in the last year or two. It's a little sad but mostly it's wonderful and I'm happy that she has gained self confidence.

Be careful today, the weather is brutal! Sorry about SOA, but for more F&W and Illuminations!! A great trade off!
Janet I am staying indoors with the a/c except for when I take Bella out.

I really don't mind not doing SOA plus the more I thought about it my original plan of Epcot EMH and more F&W just seems more appealing

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #1248
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! sorry it's been awhile .... i've been extra-busy working full time coveroff for my partner who is covering our centre's accountant who is on holidays! the extra money is helpful right now with all the bills/ trying to pay off debt, but the hours leave little time for much else during the week! One more week of full time, then I'm back to my PT schedule.

DH is hitting his physio/ OT very hard this summer trying to get that pinky finger to move.....not much progress in that dept. right now, it's a slow, slow process....hoping the best for him though! This weekend we are going on our little staycation -- one night to a hotel with a jacuzzi tub in our room, and a king bed!! WOOHOO!!! I get to sleep in the same bed with DH and have my SPACE
We are going to a nice dinner on Saturday, it's called Chop STeakhouse and bar, never been there, but it gets great reviews...it's like the Keg, and pricey, but I really would love a good steak, so I'm going to try and not complain about dropping $100 on dinner!!!
We don't have any holidays planned until Jan 2015, so I think I can splurge a little on this one weekend , much needed with my honey!

PAS: So excited for you, your trip is here! Yeah for universal hotels! I love them too, I've always wanted to try PBH, but it's just too far for me....the walking reaaaaallly gets to me on my WDW vacations, by day 3 my feet are on fire, and I just am eyeing those scooters with jealousy....but DH said if I ever got one, he'd disown me and pretend he didn't know me, LOL......I'm not 80 yet, so I better get on a walking program to try and nip the foot/ leg soreness in the bud by Jan 2015!
I LOVE HRH especially the Club Level, so convenient to the room, and the room is lovely especially the deluxe rooms!! The hotel is the closest one to the parks too, so another reason I choose it every time!!!
It will be another 3 day stop on our itinerary in Jan 2015 for sure, also would love to add on Busch Gardens / 1 day trip as we haven't been there yet.

I kind of miss the Disney bubble when I head off to Uni, only because Disney is all - inclusive, then when I get to Uni, it's pay for all the food , and it kills me!

Have a great time whichever uni hotel you stay at!!!

Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #1249
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

sjs314: I personally think you are ultimately making a good choice. Your other Poly-heavy ADRs will be more than enough to have a great Poly immersed vacation!!! SOA doesn't solidify a Poly experience in my book. You may remember we did SOA first time ever last August bacause we thought we "should". I am glad we did it from the classic WDW aspect, and more so now since it may be leaving. That said, I would never do it again. I can find the best in almost EVERYTHING WDW, but I had VERY strong negative feelings about SOA from food (bland and blah and limited) to show (didn't hold my attention, I have only a vague idea of the storyline. I kept watching the servers flit about) to ambiance (an outdoor show under a roof that prevents air flow in August). IMO, it's time for SOA to go. SOA lovers, don't hate me.
Now counterpart Hoop-De-Doo is another story. Timeless, classic WDW fun fun fun.

chimo2u: Thanks for the HRH CL endorsement. I am there this weekend. Our first time at Univ in yeeeeeeears, since all that was there was Univ Studios. ...Enjoy your staycation . I am so excited for you. Continued well wishes to your DH.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #1250
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I can't believe I am 35.

But, I have great friends and family in my life and they are all working hard to make my day great and not so shocking.

I am at work today and my cube was decked out in streamers, pixie dust and Disney theme.

Hoping for a nice relaxing evening!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #1251
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi everyone! sorry it's been awhile .... i've been extra-busy working full time coveroff for my partner who is covering our centre's accountant who is on holidays! the extra money is helpful right now with all the bills/ trying to pay off debt, but the hours leave little time for much else during the week! One more week of full time, then I'm back to my PT schedule.

DH is hitting his physio/ OT very hard this summer trying to get that pinky finger to move.....not much progress in that dept. right now, it's a slow, slow process....hoping the best for him though! This weekend we are going on our little staycation -- one night to a hotel with a jacuzzi tub in our room, and a king bed!! WOOHOO!!! I get to sleep in the same bed with DH and have my SPACE
We are going to a nice dinner on Saturday, it's called Chop STeakhouse and bar, never been there, but it gets great reviews...it's like the Keg, and pricey, but I really would love a good steak, so I'm going to try and not complain about dropping $100 on dinner!!!
We don't have any holidays planned until Jan 2015, so I think I can splurge a little on this one weekend , much needed with my honey!

PAS: So excited for you, your trip is here! Yeah for universal hotels! I love them too, I've always wanted to try PBH, but it's just too far for me....the walking reaaaaallly gets to me on my WDW vacations, by day 3 my feet are on fire, and I just am eyeing those scooters with jealousy....but DH said if I ever got one, he'd disown me and pretend he didn't know me, LOL......I'm not 80 yet, so I better get on a walking program to try and nip the foot/ leg soreness in the bud by Jan 2015!
I LOVE HRH especially the Club Level, so convenient to the room, and the room is lovely especially the deluxe rooms!! The hotel is the closest one to the parks too, so another reason I choose it every time!!!
It will be another 3 day stop on our itinerary in Jan 2015 for sure, also would love to add on Busch Gardens / 1 day trip as we haven't been there yet.

I kind of miss the Disney bubble when I head off to Uni, only because Disney is all - inclusive, then when I get to Uni, it's pay for all the food , and it kills me!

Have a great time whichever uni hotel you stay at!!!

Marie
Marie Truth be known I think Bob would lie to disown me too for using the scooter but I don't care it makes the difference of whether I can attempt a trip to Disney or just stay home the rest of my life.

I hated having to use a wheelchair in Disneyland when I first starting having issues and then again in 2009 at WDW but then I had my DS Jason to push me. No way no how Bob could ever push me, He can't even walk himself

Sorry your DH is having such slow progress with the pinkie movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
sjs314: I personally think you are ultimately making a good choice. Your other Poly-heavy ADRs will be more than enough to have a great Poly immersed vacation!!! SOA doesn't solidify a Poly experience in my book. You may remember we did SOA first time ever last August bacause we thought we "should". I am glad we did it from the classic WDW aspect, and more so now since it may be leaving. That said, I would never do it again. I can find the best in almost EVERYTHING WDW, but I had VERY strong negative feelings about SOA from food (bland and blah and limited) to show (didn't hold my attention, I have only a vague idea of the storyline. I kept watching the servers flit about) to ambiance (an outdoor show under a roof that prevents air flow in August). IMO, it's time for SOA to go. SOA lovers, don't hate me.
Now counterpart Hoop-De-Doo is another story. Timeless, classic WDW fun fun fun.

chimo2u: Thanks for the HRH CL endorsement. I am there this weekend. Our first time at Univ in yeeeeeeears, since all that was there was Univ Studios. ...Enjoy your staycation . I am so excited for you. Continued well wishes to your DH.
MAGIC bob said the same thing today about SOA, we did it once and that was enough.

We loved HDDR too! We went numerous times the last time being during our 2009 trip with DS Jason and Ddil and we both agreed we want to keep that memory and not go there again

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #1252
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

I can't believe I am 35.

But, I have great friends and family in my life and they are all working hard to make my day great and not so shocking.

I am at work today and my cube was decked out in streamers, pixie dust and Disney theme.

Happy Birthday! Wow 35 Only, Your just a Baby! Been waiting years to say that to someone since I heard many of my older co-workers utter those words to me.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #1253
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

I can't believe I am 35.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #1254
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday to our very YOUNG Candace!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #1255
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Sheila I'd love to just fly to the East Coast, grab you and head to WDW!!! Heck we might as well grab a few others as we go by .....Janet, Dani, Jeanette and Christine ..... anyone else????
Old 07-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #1256
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Sheila I'd love to just fly to the East Coast, grab you and head to WDW!!! Heck we might as well grab a few others as we go by .....Janet, Dani, Jeanette and Christine ..... anyone else????
Linda Would be one Fantastic Time!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #1257
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I want to go!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #1258
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

So ....... I was bored again ..... and what do I do when I'm bored?

Why of course I add on days to my trip!!!

Just added 2 nights at the beginning of my trip at POR ... so Janet if you could please add Aug 31-Sept 2 POR!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #1259
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Just back from a play date and I am sore and tired. Going to go back and read, not sure if my eyes will stay open long enough for a multi quote

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #1260
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Don't forget to pick me up in Chicago! I'll volunteer to ride in one of the 2 Free Bags if you're flying Southwest.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: