Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #1231
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Okay I just have to share I am so happy! I was wondering if we would catch any holiday decorations on the Dream on our Nov 14 cruise and apparently from the Nov 9 sailing on all four ships there will be holiday decorations and festivities! Yay!

No way we are cancelling now!
I know I need help...but this makes my day!

Last edited by jennyjinx3; 07-17-2013 at 08:48 PM.
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #1232
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Wookie: Sorry you're having to deal with the fall-out still. Your poor family has been through a ton. Yep, you do need that transporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I was going to attempt to catch up, but I am just way too far behind. I saw this picture and I just had to comment. She is just so pretty!! The hair looks great!! Maybe you could do the temp hair dye with Kool Aid to give it a more red look, if you wanted to.
Thanks! I was tempted to try that hair-chalking thing but that seems WAY too messy. Maybe the Kool Aid thing would be better. Although, she wants to go as Princess Bubblegum to the party who has pink hair. Hmm. (She doesn't know about going to the Castle for breakfast; I asked her if she'd like to take her Merida dress down in case we "go someplace nice to eat" She's not super into princesses on the whole but loves Merida and Belle.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
For heaven sakes!!! Did I type that ?!!! And you're the first one who mentioned it
In Heather's world, tomorrow is Friday. I say we all up sticks and move to her place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I am laughing so hard! In DH's last office all the walls were yellow and years latter we all still refer to it as the yellow submarine!
... and now I've got that song stuck in my head. How's our Hobbly One doing? Getting used to the boot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
A little frebreeze? Or stay upwind?
The mutt has been washed! (This goes along with myself, the walls and carpet upstairs getting covered in "dog fling" and copious amounts of her fluff.)

Quote:
BEAUTIFUL!!! And Miss M can TOTALLY pull off Merida!!

Fierce (we've seen that ) adorable and captivating rolled up in one Miss M!
Thank you. When's Sam back? She's going to have a blast ... I can see it in the smiles already! Have you been texting her every half-hour?! (Hope this weather cools off for her whilst she's here. Supposed to be mid-80's Saturday so nicer over the weekend.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Miss: YES! That is exactly what they come across like! BTW Miss M is gorgeous!!

Hi to Everyone I missed!! Just heading out to soccer, it is super HOT today, about 35 celcuis!
Thanks, Jen. How'd the soccer go in the sauna? Blech, it's been horrendous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Miss I simply love your daughters face! She is just the cutest thing. She belongs in the movies! I could see her as a totally sassy character!
Thanks, Candace. (Someone sassy or in a remake of The Exorcist.)

Quote:
I would be lying if I said I wasn't pricing that out today...
Well, let me just get some of this... Did you book anything yet for next year or have you been waiting for rates?
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #1233
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi Miss! Soccer was ok, but only 3 girls showed up. Just too hot I guess. We have to go as DH is the coach. It is super hot right now here but I do love it. It only lasts for a short time so I try to be all zen like and enjoy it! We have been outside all day today river walking and swimming at my parents, drinking a TON of water, so I just had to change DD4 bedsheets already from a little pee accident.

How is the ballet going?
Old 07-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #1234
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning All!

And it is Thursday in South Georgia...not Friday. I checked the calendar just to make sure :

My men are dancin' for ya Pas.......

Wookie...hugs your way

Miss...forgot to mention yesterday (my brain wasn't up to par ) that your daughter is way too cute!! Adorable, actually.

Janet for waking me up yesterday! The yellow submarine has us all a little By the way, Sam looks so much older!!! Like a lady! What happened??!!!

Kook .... glad to hear you got yourself a new toy Be reminded that the speed limit doesn't exceed 70 on the way down to Orlando

Melissa...how's that brace workin'??

And just for you Jenn.....can ya picture yourself on this??

gwynne....what changes have been made?!

trishadono

Pool time today then a bit of taekwondo! That should warrant a good nights sleep for the kids

A very happy Thursday to everyone... Candace, Shelia, Grumpy, Minnie, Sue, Magic

Heather

CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 2- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #1235
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Good morning!! I will try to get caught up today!! :-)

To Janet, Magic, and Kook - Sunday afternoon could work for me! I think that is our HS day, but we will be back at the Poly for naps since we're going to MK for EMH that night. :-)
Old 07-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #1236
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Morning! I was shopping with dd at Ulta. I was trying to sneak in a quick makeup sale while she was getting her eye brows done. The woman at the counter noticed my D&B disney iPhone cover. Come to find out she is a college recruiter for the the Disney program. dd hopes to finish her 1st year then go down next year to work a semester or two.

Then last night when she was packing for her overnight stay at college orientation, I slipped in the "surprise" I had gotten her. It was just the eye shadow she wanted but now she working and buying her own makeup she is buying less.

She did find it a "tweet worthy" mention so I guess I did good.

Also the woman said she doesn't get paid by Disney that they get paid with free rooms and discounts. I would love that
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #1237
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning, ladies. Doin' a little Pas-dancin' this morning...

Jen: Sounds like the right thing to do. Sit on it for a while and think about it. Why do so many of these dental-type doctors come across as used-car salesman?!

The mutt? Who? What dog? Today, today. Really. It's either a bath or stick dryer sheets under her collar. Going to forgo the outside thing because it's so flippin' hot -- coaxing her into the tub'll be a treat.

Hope the cleaning up doesn't take too long. Eeep about the yellow. Is it one of those colors that "changes with the light"? Perhaps it'll soften with the time of day. (The previous owners of our house had a thing for yellow; every room, including the basement, was varying shades of yellow. Never got around to the basement, I like to call it a walk-in Seasonal Affective Disorder Treatment room.)

Glad you've joined us. You'll have to let us know all about the VGF.

A jewel who shared her radiance with so many, that Sarah.

That's my waffle, too. We've not tried BWI though and I'm keen on it. Not sure we'll change at this point. (I've read some unfounded rumors that BC is up for a refurb? Can't imagine that being true unless it's hallway sorta stuff.) What's up on the ADR changing front?

Thanks, Ginny. Don't want to count my chickens but she's making her teacher a card ... she seems to like her quite a bit even after one class.

With a KEY?! Are all the kiddos feeling better?

Took me so long with this reply, I refreshed to see...

a topless-bathing grass stain comment.

Magic, I love you. That made my morning. (I like to call mine knee-warmers in the colder months.)

~~==============================~~

I put 4 pin-curls in Miss M's hair yesterday... aside from not having the right color, I think she may be able to pull off Merida :

Love the hair! That was with just 4 pin curls? Looks great!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #1238
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning, ladies...

Wishing a very Happy Birthday to our Mousemommy!

Hope you enjoy your day. (Blame FB for spilling the beans. )

Jen: Awww, poor DD. Good that she was getting enough water though. We've only done one class of ballet but she really likes the instructor -- all fingers crossed. That IS cool about the holiday decor.

Heather: Thank you. How's the yellow doing today? Grown on ya a bit?

Koh: Getting cloooooose for you, too.

Trishadono: Oh, that's pretty exciting stuff!

~~=========================~~

Off for a self-torture session at the Y. No Ron Weasley to torment me today.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #1239
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I knew I'd miss someone with my slow reply!

Sue: Thank you! More like twist curls, really... or whatever the technical term is. I coiled her hair up and secured. It was 5 but one fell out because mommy isn't so good at these sorts of things. (She complained about having to sleep in them. If only she knew how OLD SCHOOL curlers felt. )
Old 07-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #1240
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I already tooted my two-week horn on the WL thread so I won't toot here, but I will report that no changes will be taking place and we're very content and can't wait to pull up to WL after 14 hours of driving. But, we get there a day early this way and in a new car. After 26 years of marriage, I bought our first-ever automatic on Monday. We're late adopters.

I'm glad we didn't take bets on Jeanette packing - she's all done AND her garage is clean, too! Let the vacation begin! to everyone!

Miss M.....erida is darling, but we all know what unbridled enthusiasm lies beneath that dainty exterior. I agree with your yellow assessment. Our kitchen, music room and a hallway (I thought it would make it seem less dark) are yellow and at times it's serene and other times it SCREAMS YELLOW at me

MAGIC: I can't believe Janet hasn't had a Dole Whip?! But, having had them myself, I think I'm going for the Lapu Lapu instead. Are you still at OKW?
congrats on both your upcoming trip and the new car! What did you get? I can hear the boat horns already!
Love Dole Whips, have yet to try a Lapu!!maybe this trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I was going to attempt to catch up, but I am just way too far behind. I saw this picture and I just had to comment. She is just so pretty!! The hair looks great!! Maybe you could do the temp hair dye with Kool Aid to give it a more red look, if you wanted to.

I've just been to blah to be on the DIS. I thought things would calm down after the funeral, but I think they are about to get worse. My mil found out yesterday that my fil's dad left my fil out of the will and he was only added back in when one of his sister's insisted. He's on listed at the end of the will, recognizes that my fil was this man son's in the same paragraph talking about the grandfil's 2nd wife's grandson. It's not that my mil or fil want anything monetarily from the grandfil. It's more like it's the grandfil's finally way of showing my fil how much he didn't love him. I really don't want to me here when the fil finds out. It's weeks like these when I really wish Star Trek transporters had been invented because I would be walking down Main Street USA right now.

On a brighter note....only 53 days until our AKL check in and 51 until our vacation begins.
so sorry. Keep thinking of your happy place.

Quote:
For heaven sakes!!! Did I type that ?!!! And you're the first one who mentioned it Everyone else is probably thinking..."Poor thing, Heather's losing her mind, slowly but surely!" The paint fumes have killed more than a few brain cells. I walk through my house continually singing "..We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine... " ...not good.

I was going to do a multi-post while sitting here at taekwondo, but I better stop for the day and get some rest
Too funny!

Quote:
A new car and WL in one month!! Yeah baby!

Nope and never had a Lapu Lapu (or Poly punch) either ...

Wookie, so sorry for the drama and heartache. Disney can't come too soon for you all.

Heather, I was just so focused (obsessed?) on the day since Sam was flying out to visit her friend. And I was thinking of yellow smilie faces with "don't worry, be happy" but I like your song choice better.

And speaking of my Sam....arrived safely in Wisconsin... and with her friend Carlie.

Beautiful pic!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #1241
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Janet - Wisconsin is more in my neck of the woods! :-) kinda
Old 07-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #1242
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Okay I just have to share I am so happy! I was wondering if we would catch any holiday decorations on the Dream on our Nov 14 cruise and apparently from the Nov 9 sailing on all four ships there will be holiday decorations and festivities! Yay!

No way we are cancelling now!
I know I need help...but this makes my day!
jenny I saw pictures in a TR once of the Disney Cruise Ship decorated for the Holidays, I would not cancel either.

Janet I can not get over the change in Sam, she is just a beautiful young lady now!

wookie I hate all the bickering that arises after someone's Death over the will/assets. Sorry your having to deal with this

Heather Reading about your "yellow" paint jarred a memory of my aunt's kitchen in the late 50's - early 60's. the walls were a Very Bright Yellow and her counter tops were Bright Red.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So another Hot and Humid day here in Connecticut, today is the peak day of our het wave

I sat down with Bob and went over our ADRs for November and He does not want to do the SOA Dinner Show. I been second guessing my booking it anyway so I will be canceling it and going back to my original plan of Epcot's pm EMH and more F&W for Dinner and IllumiNatons that evening.

Anyone ever cancel a prepaid event online or do I need to call? I hate calling.

Big wave to everyone else BBL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #1243
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Anyone ever cancel a prepaid event online or do I need to call? I hate calling.

Big wave to everyone else BBL
Hiya Sheila. I was able to cancel CRT online (to change it to a different day) but unsure if that was only because I booked it online? If it shows up in your reservation list, see if the cancel option is available before having to endure that dreaded automated system. Sometimes I wonder why they even HAVE a website when the end result is having to call!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #1244
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Afternoon Peeps!

First, for our Pas ... my friend, we are celebrating with you!!

Sue, GAC card seems like a good idea! And DD won't know for sure about GF, you will have her guessing until you arrive, so still a surprise!

Jen, for holiday decorations on the Dream!! (and Jen, my nerves are no longer frayed once Sam's plane landed safely )

Quote:
Thank you. When's Sam back? She's going to have a blast ... I can see it in the smiles already! Have you been texting her every half-hour?! (Hope this weather cools off for her whilst she's here. Supposed to be mid-80's Saturday so nicer over the weekend.)
Miss, Sam is staying until next Thursday, when they will start the drive back... their plan is to drive most of the way, stay overnight and come in on Friday. It's about 14 hours total.

And I've resisted from texting (except for trading texts yesterday when she first got on the plane and when she landed). Let's see how my resolve goes today....

Quote:
And it is Thursday in South Georgia...not Friday. I checked the calendar just to make sure :

Janet for waking me up yesterday! The yellow submarine has us all a little By the way, Sam looks so much older!!! Like a lady! What happened??!!!
No problem! Glad you have your days straightened out my friend...must be getting used to the yellow invastion

And it doesn't seem that long ago Sam was playing with littlest pet shops, and liking all the girly stuff....sigh .... times marches on no matter how much we might want it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
To Janet, Magic, and Kook - Sunday afternoon could work for me! I think that is our HS day, but we will be back at the Poly for naps since we're going to MK for EMH that night. :-)
Krystal, Sam and I are heading to EMH at MK that night too! It's our favorite EMH!

Quote:
Janet Glad Sam's flight made it in alright! Now you can relax a bit! And yay for a girls trip!
do you know I still have to make a few ADRs? Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Then last night when she was packing for her overnight stay at college orientation, I slipped in the "surprise" I had gotten her. It was just the eye shadow she wanted but now she working and buying her own makeup she is buying less.

She did find it a "tweet worthy" mention so I guess I did good.
you are one "cool" mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Also the woman said she doesn't get paid by Disney that they get paid with free rooms and discounts. I would love that
Awesome... me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Janet - Wisconsin is more in my neck of the woods! :-) kinda
Cool! Are you near the border?? Our friends live in Trevor, literally right over the border from Illinois. Wisconsin is beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Janet I can not get over the change in Sam, she is just a beautiful young lady now!
Sheila, thank you! She seems to have really matured in the last year or two. It's a little sad but mostly it's wonderful and I'm happy that she has gained self confidence.

Be careful today, the weather is brutal! Sorry about SOA, but for more F&W and Illuminations!! A great trade off!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #1245
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday to Mousemommy!!

Have fun and enjoy your special day!

Sue, thanks for your comment on Sam and Carlie's pix! They are very happy to be back together.

If Carlie still lived locally the two of them would be in marching band together. It's been a big adjustment for Carlie moving to Wisconsin and starting high school. We have promised to keep getting the girls together, plus we keep get to keep in touch with our friends too!

Quote:
Off for a self-torture session at the Y. No Ron Weasley to torment me today.
No Ron? Guess he's kind of grown on you.

And it was me alone at the Y last night.... sure was missing my Y buddy.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: