Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #1216
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Good morning all!

Heather you are too funny! Disney Half indeed! my running days are over!

I think I got DD fooled into thinking my GF blurt was a mistake, maybe!! If she doesn't believe it, she's not letting on. can my duct tape be the Disney one? I hear you can now get duct tape with Disney characters on it?
Is there no market untouched?

Well, off to physio. Thanks everyone for your kind wishes for my knee recovery. I have concerns as to how it's going to hold up and am bringing one of those gel packs to keep in fridge. So even though there's no freezer, at least it will be cold. Or maybe I should just bring a zip lock bag, and use ice

I think I'll get a GAC for those attractions that have stairs, like Space Mtn, BTMM, TSMM and Dinosaur. Stairs are not my friend right now.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #1217
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post

gwynne: Yup! The lanai keeps our pool to a perfect (for me) 85-89 degrees. Otherwise...

gwynne: The BWI/YC dilemma... as old as time itself. Both hold such draw for us. We like BWI for cooler months and YC for warmer months (SAB )
Hi Magic, I'm making a note to self...next time we move keep an eye out for a place with a lanai!
Well, the BWI/YC dilemma was sorted out, I am sporting a new ticker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

A jewel who shared her radiance with so many, that Sarah.

That's my waffle, too. We've not tried BWI though and I'm keen on it. Not sure we'll change at this point. (I've read some unfounded rumors that BC is up for a refurb? Can't imagine that being true unless it's hallway sorta stuff.) What's up on the ADR changing front?

Thanks, Ginny. Don't want to count my chickens but she's making her teacher a card ... she seems to like her quite a bit even after one class.

With a KEY?! Are all the kiddos feeling better?

~~==============================~~

I put 4 pin-curls in Miss M's hair yesterday... aside from not having the right color, I think she may be able to pull off Merida :

Miss- Yes, indeed, our Sarah was a jewel.

We continue to have heat advisories here...I couldn't resist the call of SAB. We're booked! YC Standard CL for the whole trip!

So sweet MissM is making her teacher a card.

About the palate expander key...as I recall it was shaped a bit like those slim "keys" that they used to have on canned fish cans to open them. Sounds crazy, I know.

Aww..MissM will make a lovely Merida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

Well, off to physio. Thanks everyone for your kind wishes for my knee recovery. I have concerns as to how it's going to hold up and am bringing one of those gel packs to keep in fridge. So even though there's no freezer, at least it will be cold. Or maybe I should just bring a zip lock bag, and use ice

I think I'll get a GAC for those attractions that have stairs, like Space Mtn, BTMM, TSMM and Dinosaur. Stairs are not my friend right now.
Hi Sue, Hope things went well at physio. Good idea to plan ahead for the stairs. It's always good to have options!

=====================================

Well, time for me to get back to work. I've spend the morning pondering WDW...what else is new????

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #1218
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I already tooted my two-week horn on the WL thread so I won't toot here, but I will report that no changes will be taking place and we're very content and can't wait to pull up to WL after 14 hours of driving. But, we get there a day early this way and in a new car. After 26 years of marriage, I bought our first-ever automatic on Monday. We're late adopters.

I'm glad we didn't take bets on Jeanette packing - she's all done AND her garage is clean, too! Let the vacation begin! to everyone!

Miss M.....erida is darling, but we all know what unbridled enthusiasm lies beneath that dainty exterior. I agree with your yellow assessment. Our kitchen, music room and a hallway (I thought it would make it seem less dark) are yellow and at times it's serene and other times it SCREAMS YELLOW at me

MAGIC: I can't believe Janet hasn't had a Dole Whip?! But, having had them myself, I think I'm going for the Lapu Lapu instead. Are you still at OKW?
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #1219
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I already tooted my two-week horn on the WL thread so I won't toot here, but I will report that no changes will be taking place and we're very content and can't wait to pull up to WL after 14 hours of driving. But, we get there a day early this way and in a new car. After 26 years of marriage, I bought our first-ever automatic on Monday. We're late adopters.
You'll be in that beautiful lodge before you know it!
I hope your new ride is the cat's pajamas. You kids are going to enjoy driving that new-fangled automatic!!
Congrats!!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #1220
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
You'll be in that beautiful lodge before you know it!
I hope your new ride is the cat's pajamas. You kids are going to enjoy driving that new-fangled automatic!!
Congrats!!
DH is going to love your comment.

The car is great, but it's missing a clutch and now I have 4 cars to rotate around the driveway, but it's all good, as Jeanette would say. I'll pretend I'm playing Tetris.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 07-17-2013 at 03:30 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #1221
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Sue: Hope physio went well. I think both would be good to take, the Ziploc and the bag. Just in case!

Ginny: Ooooooh, LOVELY switch! (Even if there was suddenly availability at the YC/BC, not sure I'd do it. Heading back to SAB sure is tempting though... SAB or a new resort? ) Thanks for the Miss M compliment.

Kook: Congrats on the new Tetris piece! Have you experienced any accidental braking-thinking-it's-the-clutch? (I regret never having a manual, though the daily commute for many years via the parking lot that is the Beltway factored into that decision.) LOL, "unbridled enthusiasm"... got that right!
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #1222
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
I put 4 pin-curls in Miss M's hair yesterday... aside from not having the right color, I think she may be able to pull off Merida :

I was going to attempt to catch up, but I am just way too far behind. I saw this picture and I just had to comment. She is just so pretty!! The hair looks great!! Maybe you could do the temp hair dye with Kool Aid to give it a more red look, if you wanted to.

I've just been to blah to be on the DIS. I thought things would calm down after the funeral, but I think they are about to get worse. My mil found out yesterday that my fil's dad left my fil out of the will and he was only added back in when one of his sister's insisted. He's on listed at the end of the will, recognizes that my fil was this man son's in the same paragraph talking about the grandfil's 2nd wife's grandson. It's not that my mil or fil want anything monetarily from the grandfil. It's more like it's the grandfil's finally way of showing my fil how much he didn't love him. I really don't want to me here when the fil finds out. It's weeks like these when I really wish Star Trek transporters had been invented because I would be walking down Main Street USA right now.

On a brighter note....only 53 days until our AKL check in and 51 until our vacation begins.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #1223
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Janet You are so sweet to remember so many during your trips
Sheila, it's my honor to do so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
We check in on FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leaving early on the 26th

And it may be Poly for ME in 2014....for my 40th birthday party in August!! Kiddos and I decided we should stay at least 8 nights
A Pas Poly-apalooza Birthday Bash!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you and Sam
me tooooo!!! Thanks my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Why is it that every time I consider not booking CL, the sounds of my kids yelling "I'm hungry!" jars me back into feeling as though I need it.
The curse of the CL!! Good thing we haven't tried it ... yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Janet...a mother/daughter trip??!!! Awesome!!!!! Definitely a good time!
Our first! (just the two of us)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

Janet congrats on your August trip!! Yay!
Thanks Sue! We've been fortunate to go every August for a few years and we really wanted to keep it going. Kids grow up too fast.

Hope that knee continues to heal.

Quote:
Happy Thursday to you all!!!
ummm... Heather, isn't it Wednesday?? Is that bright yellow throughout your house affecting your brain??

Quote:
Painters are officially finished!!! however....the house is not. Still have to clean and put things where they belong. The yellow is a bit yellow Might take some getting use to. On the positive side, no worries about getting tired today. The yellow will definitely keep me awake!!!
I love yellow!! So sunshine-y and happy Kinds of has been humming "don't worry, be happy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
ILastly I just wanted so say I miss your friend Junglecruiser too. I always enjoyed reading her posts
How nice you have had many trips with your family ...

Jungle Crusier was very special, she is missed very much by all who knew her. She is our RC angel

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #1224
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
ummm... Heather, isn't it Wednesday?? Is that bright yellow throughout your house affecting your brain??
For heaven sakes!!! Did I type that ?!!! And you're the first one who mentioned it Everyone else is probably thinking..."Poor thing, Heather's losing her mind, slowly but surely!" The paint fumes have killed more than a few brain cells. I walk through my house continually singing "..We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine... " ...not good.

I was going to do a multi-post while sitting here at taekwondo, but I better stop for the day and get some rest

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #1225
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

For heaven sakes!!! Did I type that ?!!! And you're the first one who mentioned it Everyone else is probably thinking..."Poor thing, Heather's losing her mind, slowly but surely!" The paint fumes have killed more than a few brain cells. I walk through my house continually singing "..We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine... " ...not good.

I was going to do a multi-post while sitting here at taekwondo, but I better stop for the day and get some rest
I am laughing so hard! In DH's last office all the walls were yellow and years latter we all still refer to it as the yellow submarine!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #1226
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

I was going to attempt to catch up, but I am just way too far behind. I saw this picture and I just had to comment. She is just so pretty!! The hair looks great!! Maybe you could do the temp hair dye with Kool Aid to give it a more red look, if you wanted to.

I've just been to blah to be on the DIS. I thought things would calm down after the funeral, but I think they are about to get worse. My mil found out yesterday that my fil's dad left my fil out of the will and he was only added back in when one of his sister's insisted. He's on listed at the end of the will, recognizes that my fil was this man son's in the same paragraph talking about the grandfil's 2nd wife's grandson. It's not that my mil or fil want anything monetarily from the grandfil. It's more like it's the grandfil's finally way of showing my fil how much he didn't love him. I really don't want to me here when the fil finds out. It's weeks like these when I really wish Star Trek transporters had been invented because I would be walking down Main Street USA right now.

On a brighter note....only 53 days until our AKL check in and 51 until our vacation begins.
Ugh, I know there are no words to console right now, so how about a big ((((((HUG)))))))!! Thinking of you!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #1227
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thanks you all for wishing us well at the orthodontist yesterday. It went ok, felt kind of pressured, as I always do by dentists. He recommended a few braces on her front teeth and palate expanders. But DH and I are just going to get the fillings she needs and sit on things for a while. We are not ready to make a decision. Oops here she comes....I will be back!
Quote:
If a palate extender is the same thing as a "Hyrex" (sp?), then I had one of those....around 5th grade. It was latched to my top molars and across the roof of my mouth....my mom had to use a key every night to expand it.

It actually didn't hurt, but I had to stop playing the flute.

After I got that, I ended up not needing the braces. My teeth are perfectly straight!
Jen, Sounds like a good plan. Both my kids had palate expanders and then braces. (I also had braces). The palate expander did a terrific job making more room for the adult teeth. But sometimes I wonder if Sam really needed them. Good to wait it out a little.

Candace, nice that you could benefit from the expander. It wasn't around in my day, so the solution was to pull teeth. I looked a sad sit with 6 holes in my mouth!!

Quote:
Hi Friends, Happy Wednesday!

I need to tweak our dining a bit for our upcoming trip, so thats on the agenda for today. I am going through my usual YC/BWI waffle. I think Im sure, and then I ponder SAB.
I guess I will really decide when the deals hopefully open after Aug 1st. I would love a discount for our last two days, right now at rack.

Now to catch up...

Janet-Yay for Disney in August! You guys are going to have such fun!!
Ginny, thank you my friend! And for your new ticker!! SAB pulls me in too ....

And you mentioned waffling... now I have mickey waffles on my brain!!

Quote:
Janet B: No topless sun bathing!!! I didn't want them to get grass stains...

Quote:
JanetB: Maybe we can make this our meet spot on Sunday 4th? I had never set foot in Capt Cooks any further than for coffee until last year's Aug stay, so I never knew they sold Dole Whips anywhere but MK. Duhhhhh! I only found out because I took a short cut thru Capt Cook's from the pool to the restroom. All those lost opportunities for a Dole Whip by the pool!!
We never been to Captain Cook's in all our stops at the Poly. Sounds good!! .... Krystal and Kook?

Quote:
The mutt? Who? What dog? Today, today. Really. It's either a bath or stick dryer sheets under her collar. Going to forgo the outside thing because it's so flippin' hot -- coaxing her into the tub'll be a treat.
A little frebreeze? Or stay upwind?

Quote:
Hope the cleaning up doesn't take too long. Eeep about the yellow. Is it one of those colors that "changes with the light"? Perhaps it'll soften with the time of day. (The previous owners of our house had a thing for yellow; every room, including the basement, was varying shades of yellow. Never got around to the basement, I like to call it a walk-in Seasonal Affective Disorder Treatment room.)

BEAUTIFUL!!! And Miss M can TOTALLY pull off Merida!!

Fierce (we've seen that ) adorable and captivating rolled up in one Miss M!

TY Kook!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #1228
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A new car and WL in one month!! Yeah baby!

Quote:

MAGIC: I can't believe Janet hasn't had a Dole Whip?! But, having had them myself, I think I'm going for the Lapu Lapu instead. Are you still at OKW?
Nope and never had a Lapu Lapu (or Poly punch) either ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Wookie, so sorry for the drama and heartache. Disney can't come too soon for you all.

Quote:

Heather, I was just so focused (obsessed?) on the day since Sam was flying out to visit her friend. And I was thinking of yellow smilie faces with "don't worry, be happy" but I like your song choice better.

And speaking of my Sam....arrived safely in Wisconsin... and with her friend Carlie.

TY Kook!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #1229
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
My new accessory for the next 3 weeks

It's not broken, just a severe midfoot ligament sprain that really, really hurts
Melissa: So sorry to see this ! What happened???

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I took dd on her 1st trip at 1yr in '95. We usually visit family in Fla then would stay 1-3 days at Disney before going home. I have been to disney now over 40 times but the longest I have stayed is 6 nights with most 3/4.

I first found disboards probably '07,'08 and really used it in '09 when I anxiously waited for the opening and details of BLT. With a boy and a girl that reached the teens it is harder to share just one bath!

I am here now mainly because I thought I knew all I needed but between magicbands and opening of VGF .... This is the place for answers.

I have changed my winter plans back and forth from BLT and VGF so many times already, but I have been waiting for the opening and know we will love it. Besides how many more Family of 4 trips are there left? Been a rough summer with first child getting ready to go away for college. I think it will be a special family bonding time this winter for bro and sis

Lastly I just wanted so say I miss your friend Junglecruiser too. I always enjoyed reading her posts
I forgot to say to our happy home!

Quote:
Hi Friends, Happy Wednesday!

I need to tweak our dining a bit for our upcoming trip, so thats on the agenda for today. I am going through my usual YC/BWI waffle. I think Im sure, and then I ponder SAB.
I guess I will really decide when the deals hopefully open after Aug 1st. I would love a discount for our last two days, right now at rack.

Now to catch up...

Jen-Our son had a palate extender, he got braces relatively late, at about 14. (Due to our being overseas so long, we just waited till we returned to the states.) It sounds awful, but he adjusted quickly. I totally understand waiting a bit to make big decisions like this.
Ginny: I don't know, I just hate the thought of putting her through anything. And then I googled the different things that happen from having one. Shouldn't have done that.

Quote:
If a palate extender is the same thing as a "Hyrex" (sp?), then I had one of those....around 5th grade. It was latched to my top molars and across the roof of my mouth....my mom had to use a key every night to expand it.

It actually didn't hurt, but I had to stop playing the flute.

After I got that, I ended up not needing the braces. My teeth are perfectly straight!

Ginny - Hoping for next week!!!!
MM: I am glad it worked out for you.

[QUOTE=Missoutandabout;48991585]Good morning, ladies. Doin' a little Pas-dancin' this morning...

Jen: Sounds like the right thing to do. Sit on it for a while and think about it. Why do so many of these dental-type doctors come across as used-car salesman?!

Miss: YES! That is exactly what they come across like! BTW Miss M is gorgeous!!

Quote:
I already tooted my two-week horn on the WL thread so I won't toot here, but I will report that no changes will be taking place and we're very content and can't wait to pull up to WL after 14 hours of driving.
Kook: WHOO HOO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Jen, Sounds like a good plan. Both my kids had palate expanders and then braces. (I also had braces). The palate expander did a terrific job making more room for the adult teeth. But sometimes I wonder if Sam really needed them. Good to wait it out a little.

Janet: Thanks, your Sam is so pretty, and looks pretty happy too! Thanks for sharing that picture! Are your frayed nerves ok?

Hi to Everyone I missed!! Just heading out to soccer, it is super HOT today, about 35 celcuis!

Jen
Old 07-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #1230
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Janet Glad Sam's flight made it in alright! Now you can relax a bit! And yay for a girls trip!

Miss I simply love your daughters face! She is just the cutest thing. She belongs in the movies! I could see her as a totally sassy character!

KooK Congrats on the new wheels! My first car was a standard (when I was 16)....I crashed that car... been driving an automatic ever since. You're almost to the OFC!!! I would be lying if I said I wasn't pricing that out today...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: