Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #1201
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Someone asked about pics of the autograph books I did. Just can't remember if it was here or the Team August thread, so I'm sharing both places. :-)

These were from DD's book. All the pics were taken from one trip since this will be her 2nd time to Disney.

Obviously, DS has been there more times. :-) It was really neat seeing him grow up with the characters!

These were examples of the extra pages in back for characters not pictured...

And this is our tentative itinerary I put together. :-) Then I have the days broken down as well with confirmation numbers, etc. The overview goes in my binder and mini planner to take to the parks. The daily sheets will go in the mini one too.
Wow!! That is fantastic!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #1202
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
We check in on FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leaving early on the 26th

And it may be Poly for ME in 2014....for my 40th birthday party in August!! Kiddos and I decided we should stay at least 8 nights

We have stayed all three, Portofino is by FAR the nicest onsite hotel, and quietest! HRH was our least favorite, but the pool is neat-O. But you can pool hop so it's all good. We liked PBH better than GF

Wow! Good save, LOVE the book Krystal!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the acoustics at HRH, RPR is lite Polynesian-lite

Sounds fantastic to me

The dealers ALWAYS charge too much in labor fees...and BTW Candace...I know it is taking a lot for you to come back and post here...what's done is done....moving forward

2 more sleeps....well for me 1..I am working tomorrow night

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you and Sam
Hope it was all good news Jen

One of the reasons I am not too sad we won't do CL. I know exactly where the lounge is, last trip our rooms were right by the Beach pool, and it would've been a pain to go back and forth...easier to order from the pool
We are the party that never stops!!! You may be our first VGF RCer
I was looking at April but HOLY CANNOLI I could book 2 RPC rooms for that price I look forward to getting to know you and hearing all about your family, plans, and of course ch-ch-changes!
I have 2 of those baby's Melissa Sorry my friend! Feel better

A huge for everyone I've missed.....BTW DH has started packing
jeanette thanks for your opinion on my ADRs it means a lot coming from all the seasoned travelers like you

Just a rad worried now if the rumored FD dates are true that Jersey week might be busier since people arriving om Sat 11/2 can get FD for the entire week.

Almost time to leave how is the packing going?

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #1203
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Sue Oh My I can just imagine you trying to think fast when DD heard you say GF

I heard the rumors too Tikiman has said The last show for SOA will be Oct 1. I been going back and forth over whether to book it or not since before he let that info out. The other day I just got to thinking if I keep waiting I might not get the time or catagory I wanted plus I had been planning on EMH at Epcot in the evening but the crowd level is 6.3. Only did EMH 1x at Epcot and it was super busy. I normally don't do 5+ crowd levels .

krystal The autograph books came out great! Your schedule look good, I thought about 'Ohana Breakfast the day we arrive but booked Kona instead, thinking I might cancel Kona and just do Cap't Cooks or since I booked SOA in place of EP EMH maybe head over to F&W for lunch as I doubt Our room will be ready Crowd level only showing 1.9

Good Morning Glad I have my Discount from the unmentionable TA as I missed FD by one day. I did do the Disney math to see if I changed my dates + flights and what I am paying now is better far

Saga of Bob We got into a fuss this am about the scooter issue. If I hear him say one more time "I will be fine" I am gonna lose it
So are you going to book SOA?

Sorry Bob is being so difficult ((hugs)). Maybe if you sit him down and spell it out, how his immobility not only causes him pain and discomfort, but how it will affect everyone's trip? Maybe if he thinks he's helping you by renting a scooter it will sit better? I hope he comes around.
You know him best. What if you just went ahead and rented the thing and had it delivered. Then it's there. And maybe he'd use it?

Janet congrats on your August trip!! Yay!

Pasis it that time already?? Safe travels. Anything changed? Lol!

Heather great pic
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Last edited by Sue M; 07-16-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #1204
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
So are you going to book SOA?
I booked it!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #1205
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
My new accessory for the next 3 weeks

It's not broken, just a severe midfoot ligament sprain that really, really hurts
I had to use one of those, really it was wonderful, held foot in position so the pain was decreased a lot. Really helped.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #1206
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Sheila: Big, heartfelt hugs to you. (Sorry I didn't realize the date due to my signatures being turned off.)
From me too.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:57 AM   #1207
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I booked it!

Old 07-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #1208
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Happy Thursday to you all!!!

Pas...so excited for ya!!! Safe travels! Y'all leave tomorrow, right?

Sue...how's that knee? Big improvements??? Are ya ready to run a Disney Half, yet?

Melissa...glad there's no break. Maybe that brace will make it feel better in no time at all!

Shelia...try not to worry FD. Maybe it won't even come to fruition. BTW, your meal plan looks fabulous!!!!

Janet...a mother/daughter trip??!!! Awesome!!!!! Definitely a good time!

Jenny...how did the ortho go? Good news, I hope.

Miss...dog news??

Magic...any more today?! Haven't done the towel deal in years, either

Who did I miss??? I know I missed someone A big to all the RCers!!

Painters are officially finished!!! however....the house is not. Still have to clean and put things where they belong. The yellow is a bit yellow Might take some getting use to. On the positive side, no worries about getting tired today. The yellow will definitely keep me awake!!!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #1209
trishadono
DIS Veteran

I took dd on her 1st trip at 1yr in '95. We usually visit family in Fla then would stay 1-3 days at Disney before going home. I have been to disney now over 40 times but the longest I have stayed is 6 nights with most 3/4.

I first found disboards probably '07,'08 and really used it in '09 when I anxiously waited for the opening and details of BLT. With a boy and a girl that reached the teens it is harder to share just one bath!

I am here now mainly because I thought I knew all I needed but between magicbands and opening of VGF .... This is the place for answers.

I have changed my winter plans back and forth from BLT and VGF so many times already, but I have been waiting for the opening and know we will love it. Besides how many more Family of 4 trips are there left? Been a rough summer with first child getting ready to go away for college. I think it will be a special family bonding time this winter for bro and sis

Lastly I just wanted so say I miss your friend Junglecruiser too. I always enjoyed reading her posts
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #1210
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Good morning friends!

Thanks you all for wishing us well at the orthodontist yesterday. It went ok, felt kind of pressured, as I always do by dentists. He recommended a few braces on her front teeth and palate expanders. But DH and I are just going to get the fillings she needs and sit on things for a while. We are not ready to make a decision. Oops here she comes....I will be back!

Jen
Old 07-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #1211
trishadono
DIS Veteran

KOHL1977 I have made books too. Love your autograph idea
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #1212
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi Friends, Happy Wednesday!

I need to tweak our dining a bit for our upcoming trip, so thats on the agenda for today. I am going through my usual YC/BWI waffle. I think Im sure, and then I ponder SAB.
I guess I will really decide when the deals hopefully open after Aug 1st. I would love a discount for our last two days, right now at rack.

Now to catch up...

Jen-Our son had a palate extender, he got braces relatively late, at about 14. (Due to our being overseas so long, we just waited till we returned to the states.) It sounds awful, but he adjusted quickly. I totally understand waiting a bit to make big decisions like this.

Trishadono-Hi and welcome! I am looking forward to hearing about your adventures at VGF!

Heather-Glad the painters are finished. A pretty sunny yellow sounds nice!

Sheila-Sending gentle hugs and thoughts your way.

Babyberger-I hope your foot feels much better, soon.

Koh- I love your book, so cute and creative.

Magic-Your lanai sounds heavenly!

SueM-Good recovery on the almost spill the beans. She is going to be surprised!

Janet-Yay for Disney in August! You guys are going to have such fun!!

Miss-I am glad MissM is enjoying ballet. My dd enjoyed it so much, she still takes class when she can just for the pure joy of it.

Pas-So glad your vacation is almost here.

MM
-I hope the information on the AF Salute will be out soon, hard to wait.

Waving hi to GG, Marie, Lacey, Alysa, Wookie and other friends I missed.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~

Last edited by gwynne; 07-17-2013 at 10:01 AM.
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #1213
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Good morning friends!

Thanks you all for wishing us well at the orthodontist yesterday. It went ok, felt kind of pressured, as I always do by dentists. He recommended a few braces on her front teeth and palate expanders. But DH and I are just going to get the fillings she needs and sit on things for a while. We are not ready to make a decision. Oops here she comes....I will be back!

Jen
If a palate extender is the same thing as a "Hyrex" (sp?), then I had one of those....around 5th grade. It was latched to my top molars and across the roof of my mouth....my mom had to use a key every night to expand it.

It actually didn't hurt, but I had to stop playing the flute.

After I got that, I ended up not needing the braces. My teeth are perfectly straight!

Ginny - Hoping for next week!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #1214
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Janet B: No topless sun bathing!!! I didn't want them to get grass stains...

JanetB: Maybe we can make this our meet spot on Sunday 4th? I had never set foot in Capt Cooks any further than for coffee until last year's Aug stay, so I never knew they sold Dole Whips anywhere but MK. Duhhhhh! I only found out because I took a short cut thru Capt Cook's from the pool to the restroom. All those lost opportunities for a Dole Whip by the pool!!

pas130: Poly for YOU in 2014....for your 40th birthday party in August!! Smart kiddos to decide on 8+ nights

pas130: Interesting that you liked PBH better than GF!! Thanks for the 3 Univ hotels input. We def wanted the other 2 resorts first, I initially went for RPR for theming then to PBR for the same. But our short stay needs step savings, and like I said, being close to the CL lounge seems to me to be a no brainer. We only are doing CL because, for my DB's sake, we try to create the illusion that all expenses are "paid for", and the CL lounge will get him nibbles here and there for "free". But this way he doesn't see us shelling out money at every turn. He is very sensitive to his financial status and the fact that younger "sista" pays for him. DH and I will def take your recommendation to stay poolside and order food by the pool next time it's just us. Thanks a million!!!!

gwynne: Yup! The lanai keeps our pool to a perfect (for me) 85-89 degrees. Otherwise...

gwynne: The BWI/YC dilemma... as old as time itself. Both hold such draw for us. We like BWI for cooler months and YC for warmer months (SAB )

Trishadono: Family time goes by so fast. Do it up right at VGF!

Hstrickland:Your cheery yellow sounds lovely. I'm sure you're glad to have the painters done. ... I burn so easy that it didn't seem worthwhile to drag a chair out for 15 min front side and 10 min back side. Wish they had ipads back in high school. The time flew by, although transistor radios worked great too!!! A local radio station in NYC every 10 minutes would air a sultry female voice cooing, "Time to turn so you don't burn." pas130, sjs314, dani do you remember that????

Sheila-Sending gentle hugs and thoughts your way.

Babyberger:Pretty boot. Hope your foot feels better soon.

Koh1977: I'm July 31 to Aug 4 at OKW
Old 07-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #1215
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning, ladies. Doin' a little Pas-dancin' this morning...

Jen: Sounds like the right thing to do. Sit on it for a while and think about it. Why do so many of these dental-type doctors come across as used-car salesman?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Miss...dog news??

Painters are officially finished!!! however....the house is not. Still have to clean and put things where they belong. The yellow is a bit yellow Might take some getting use to. On the positive side, no worries about getting tired today. The yellow will definitely keep me awake!!!
The mutt? Who? What dog? Today, today. Really. It's either a bath or stick dryer sheets under her collar. Going to forgo the outside thing because it's so flippin' hot -- coaxing her into the tub'll be a treat.

Hope the cleaning up doesn't take too long. Eeep about the yellow. Is it one of those colors that "changes with the light"? Perhaps it'll soften with the time of day. (The previous owners of our house had a thing for yellow; every room, including the basement, was varying shades of yellow. Never got around to the basement, I like to call it a walk-in Seasonal Affective Disorder Treatment room.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I have changed my winter plans back and forth from BLT and VGF so many times already, but I have been waiting for the opening and know we will love it. Besides how many more Family of 4 trips are there left? Been a rough summer with first child getting ready to go away for college. I think it will be a special family bonding time this winter for bro and sis
Glad you've joined us. You'll have to let us know all about the VGF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Lastly I just wanted so say I miss your friend Junglecruiser too. I always enjoyed reading her posts
A jewel who shared her radiance with so many, that Sarah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I need to tweak our dining a bit for our upcoming trip, so thats on the agenda for today. I am going through my usual YC/BWI waffle. I think Im sure, and then I ponder SAB.
I guess I will really decide when the deals hopefully open after Aug 1st. I would love a discount for our last two days, right now at rack.
That's my waffle, too. We've not tried BWI though and I'm keen on it. Not sure we'll change at this point. (I've read some unfounded rumors that BC is up for a refurb? Can't imagine that being true unless it's hallway sorta stuff.) What's up on the ADR changing front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Miss-I am glad MissM is enjoying ballet. My dd enjoyed it so much, she still takes class when she can just for the pure joy of it.
Thanks, Ginny. Don't want to count my chickens but she's making her teacher a card ... she seems to like her quite a bit even after one class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
If a palate extender is the same thing as a "Hyrex" (sp?), then I had one of those....around 5th grade. It was latched to my top molars and across the roof of my mouth....my mom had to use a key every night to expand it.
With a KEY?! Are all the kiddos feeling better?

Took me so long with this reply, I refreshed to see...

a topless-bathing grass stain comment.

Magic, I love you. That made my morning. (I like to call mine knee-warmers in the colder months.)

~~==============================~~

I put 4 pin-curls in Miss M's hair yesterday... aside from not having the right color, I think she may be able to pull off Merida :

Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: