Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #1186
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Sheila: Big, heartfelt hugs to you. (Sorry I didn't realize the date due to my signatures being turned off.)
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #1187
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Janet - SO excited for you!! Same time we're there! Did we ever figure out a date, time, location of an RC meet?

Hugs to everyone else! Life is so short when you think about it...definitely time for a Disney vacation!! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #1188
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Hi Rcers! I layed out in my yard in the grass on a beach towel this morning like a teenager. I could hardly get up, but it's all good. Our pool cage lanai keeps the sun out and I need to get my upper legs a little tan before OKW.

I think I will have a "file" started on me at Univ soon, too. I just can't decide where to stay. The swaying factor to stay at HRH now is that the CL at HRH is on floor 7 and CL rooms are also on floor 7, which makes sense to me. With the others 2 CLs, excepting for a "request" to be near the lounge, CS reps said our room could end up anywhere on any floor of the hotel and not remotely near the PBH or RPR CL lounges. That seems silly to me.

Miss: So, did the dog wash YOU?

sjs314: Part of the Poly experience is the awesome array of dining option right there just steps away! Take full advantage and IMO don't change a thing. Oh, and I am still ROTFL that you left Bob propped against a wall at Wishes Dessert Party.

Koh1977: That is an excellent book and schedule you've made. Wow!

JanetB: You are the bingo QUEEN. Dole whips for everyone!! Hey, wanna meet at Cap'n Cooks at Poly for dole whips??????????????

SueM: I hope your week is a little less busy so you can R&R your knee.

Pas130: Soon, soon, but when do you leave NJ and check in to PBH????

babyberger: Yes, when the whole fam-damily is around the last thing you need is an RCer to make your head spin even more. Your early-line on ADRs looks great! Hope you get them all.

Where'd you go, Minnie&Nana ??? Hi to Kook, Wookie, GrumpyGrandma, Mousemommy1, Chimo2u and RCers big and small....
Old 07-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #1189
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

MAGIC - when will you be popping over to Disney then?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 07-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #1190
trishadono
DIS Veteran

I feel like I am late to the party!

How come I never took time to read here? Probably because I am too busy changing my resorts and dates

Tentatively we have 1/1-1/2/14 at GF in Sugarloaf
Then 1/2-1/5 2 bdrm at VGv lake view
Then dd18 and I stay on 1/5-1/8 at AOA mermaid. (Doubtful but back up plan)

I have kept my VGF for 1/1. For the huge holiday price I was thinking land at 6:30p, arrive GF by 8p. We can monorail hop/shop/eat and get desserts 8-10 in lounge. Then morning I can check in for VGF and either move our stuff (us or bell services)eat breakfast in lounge. Then go to parks come back and if room ready great , if not we still have lounge access to 12 midnight! Dh does not like all 4 of us in one room but.... Since a holiday and only one night maybe I can convince him it fun. We will save enough $ to pay for dh and ds16 park tickets.

Dd wants RPC but yikes! holiday price is

I usually don't mind paying for a room even landing at 1am but the rate for that one day is so huge I think this may work better.

I will still watch for passholder rate for 1/5-1/8 for dd and I but I keep reminding her we got 2 bdrm so she has a bed not sleeper sofa and can't have EVERYTHING.

I made her a 18 magical years of disney photopass book because she has 38 trips in 18 years. Guess I created that disney monster

Glad to be here
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #1191
babyberger
DIS Veteran

My new accessory for the next 3 weeks

It's not broken, just a severe midfoot ligament sprain that really, really hurts

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #1192
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

It's not broken, just a severe midfoot ligament sprain that really, really hurts
Ouch!! Take care!
Old 07-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #1193
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Finally sitting down, going to try to catch up.

Wookie - hope you and JM had a nice quiet afternoon yesterday! Thinking of you

Koh - love the autograph books!!! So creative!!!

Shelia - I am so jealous of your Poly cabana day! That sounds so relaxing And with all the Bob stress it sounds like you need it!!! And big to you!!!

SueM - glad you made a quick recovery with DD! Sounds like we need to keep a roll of tape handy for all these RC surprises

Heather - hope the painters finish up today and you can get back to your normal routine

Janet - YAY! So happy that you and Sam are going to Disney!!!!

Jen - hope the ortho consult wasn't to traumatic! I know I have missed so much lately. What are your latest Dis plans? Still cruise then BC? Or did you switch to POR

MAGIC - glad you got some sun this morning! It is a rainy day over on this coast. about the file at Universal!

Trishadono - welcome!!!

Hello to everyone else I am missing!!!!!

Ugh, Andrew just called, he took my Target RedCard to buy Steven's bday present (Wii U) and said the cashier looked at the card and wouldn't let him use it. Looks like I need to make a trip sometime this week

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 07-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #1194
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Dog is still dirty. Passing storms saved both myself and the dog from embarrassment. I'm not sure what excuse I'm going to use today...

Janet: Yaaaaaaay for booking!

Melissa: Ooooooh, poor you. Can you paint it in some girly colors to make it a bit more fashionable?

Jen: Hope it's good news from the orthodontist.

Magic: Must be an FBI mugshot-like montage of all of us up in their call centers.

All of this talk about kiddos and flying... I was 10 when I flew alone for the first time. (Actually, it was my first time on an airplane, too. ) Remember Piedmont Airlines? Back in those days, we all had to Flintstone it up the runway.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #1195
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Dog is still dirty. Passing storms saved both myself and the dog from embarrassment. I'm not sure what excuse I'm going to use today...

Melissa: Ooooooh, poor you. Can you paint it in some girly colors to make it a bit more fashionable?

Jen: Hope it's good news from the orthodontist.

Magic: Must be an FBI mugshot-like montage of all of us up in their call centers.

All of this talk about kiddos and flying... I was 10 when I flew alone for the first time. (Actually, it was my first time on an airplane, too. ) Remember Piedmont Airlines? Back in those days, we all had to Flintstone it up the runway.
I do remember Piedmont We used to fly Eastern Airlines, another one long gone. So did the dog finally get a bath????

Ohhh, love the idea of making the boot pretty, especially after what I paid for it...different part of insurance with its own deductible of course

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 07-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #1196
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
This cracked me up "holding reservations here and there!!! Really??? So glad that you were able to find a time that you and Sam can go!!! Mother/daughter trips really are the best!!!
Thanks Linda .... And you were with me when I was making up those BB dates!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Janet - SO excited for you!! Same time we're there! Did we ever figure out a date, time, location of an RC meet?
Thanks Krystal! Not sure if a date was determined but we will do so before everyone leaves for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi Rcers! I layed out in my yard in the grass on a beach towel this morning like a teenager. I could hardly get up, but it's all good. Our pool cage lanai keeps the sun out and I need to get my upper legs a little tan before OKW.
no topless sun bathing??

Quote:
JanetB: You are the bingo QUEEN. Dole whips for everyone!! Hey, wanna meet at Cap'n Cooks at Poly for dole whips??????????????
Sure! I've never had a dole whip!!

Quote:
Melissa.... this accessory DEFINITELY need some accessorizing!

How about some hidden Mickeys???

Quote:
Janet - YAY! So happy that you and Sam are going to Disney!!!!
Thanks Melissa! We are very excited!!

Quote:

Thanks Miss!! And Sam's flight is a commuter plane.... (but she knows and is okay with it).

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #1197
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

How come I never took time to read here? Probably because I am too busy changing my resorts and dates
trishadono!! Here no one is ever considered late to the party....btw love the Disney photopass memory book covering 18 trips!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #1198
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Yes... and his life had been going well recently...

Sheila, just wanted you to know that Sam and I will continue to remember Jason and Shaun while at Disney.... I think a Disney (NY Yankee) pin is in order for a child

We do this for Toby, Dani's sister, for a Dad of a DIS friend of mine, and now of course Sarah. In January I gave a child a Brave pin in Sarah's memory... seems the perfect thing to do.
Janet You are so sweet to remember so many during your trips

Quote:
Sheila: Big, heartfelt hugs to you. (Sorry I didn't realize the date due to my signatures being turned off.)
Miss

Quote:

I have kept my VGF for 1/1. For the huge holiday price I was thinking land at 6:30p, arrive GF by 8p. We can monorail hop/shop/eat and get desserts 8-10 in lounge. Then morning I can check in for VGF and either move our stuff (us or bell services)eat breakfast in lounge. Then go to parks come back and if room ready great , if not we still have lounge access to 12 midnight! Dh does not like all 4 of us in one room but.... Since a holiday and only one night maybe I can convince him it fun. We will save enough $ to pay for dh and ds16 park tickets.

Dd wants RPC but yikes! holiday price is

I usually don't mind paying for a room even landing at 1am but the rate for that one day is so huge I think this may work better.

I will still watch for passholder rate for 1/5-1/8 for dd and I but I keep reminding her we got 2 bdrm so she has a bed not sleeper sofa and can't have EVERYTHING.

I made her a 18 magical years of disney photopass book because she has 38 trips in 18 years. Guess I created that disney monster

Glad to be here
trishadono

Quote:

Melissa

Sounds painfull ouchie!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #1199
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
pas130: Ooooh what days are you at Univ? I am PBH still but HRH is looming large. I don't like the idea of 1st floor CL near the lobby at PBH... do you have any input either way about it? I cancelled Poly yesterday... finally.
We check in on FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leaving early on the 26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Ah PBR

I never did call about PBR yesterday I think your right maybe 2014?
And it may be Poly for ME in 2014....for my 40th birthday party in August!! Kiddos and I decided we should stay at least 8 nights

Quote:
Portofino! That's where you guys stayed before, right?! Sooo CLOSE!
We have stayed all three, Portofino is by FAR the nicest onsite hotel, and quietest! HRH was our least favorite, but the pool is neat-O. But you can pool hop so it's all good. We liked PBH better than GF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So DH nearly spilled it yesterday. We were getting a new camera at Best Buy and the guy asked something about what we were getting it for or whatnot. Well, DH says him oh yeah, we 're getting ready to go on vacation (which the kids didn't know even that yet) and DS goes "we're going on vacation?" And I hit DH and he quickly recovers by saying it's to Six Flags. Ay yi yi...later he tells DS we don't know yet where we're going...*shaking my head*
Wow! Good save, LOVE the book Krystal!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Woohoo for Portofino! My next UA stay we may try that, or Royal. Def not HRH again. The acoustics of those halls are awful, every sound carried into our room
I agree with the acoustics at HRH, RPR is lite Polynesian-lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Too much Poly? Glad I have months to ponder

Sunday 'Ohana Dinner
Monday Kona Breakfast
Wednesday SOA Dinner
Thursday Kona Dinner

Plus a few meals at Cap't Cooks + F&W for lunch 2 Days

I have Breakfast's at The Wave and GF Cafe
Lunch at the Plaza one day
And Dinners at BOG and Via Napoli
Sounds fantastic to me

Quote:
Pas, it's ALL great!! What is important is you all getting family time together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ugh! I have to have that done this month too! Except I'm not letting Honda do it this time. They want a little over $500. I'm going to let our family friend (a certified master mechanic) to do it for me...the price he gave me was $225...much more Disney wallet friendly.
The dealers ALWAYS charge too much in labor fees...and BTW Candace...I know it is taking a lot for you to come back and post here...what's done is done....moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Pas... bout' that time, friend!!!
2 more sleeps....well for me 1..I am working tomorrow night

Quote:
Our dates... departing early AM on 8/2 for 4 nights!! We are SO excited!! We love the parks! On the outside chance we could squeeze in a trip, I've been holding onto reservations here and there... plus BBs from January, heck I'm all over the place ... got the passholder rate.... right now it's POR Riverside and a night at POP. Gotta visit my fav value and get some material.
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you and Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi to everyone else, have DD9 ortho consult today. Wish us luck.

Jen
Hope it was all good news Jen

Quote:

I think I will have a "file" started on me at Univ soon, too. I just can't decide where to stay. The swaying factor to stay at HRH now is that the CL at HRH is on floor 7 and CL rooms are also on floor 7, which makes sense to me. With the others 2 CLs, excepting for a "request" to be near the lounge, CS reps said our room could end up anywhere on any floor of the hotel and not remotely near the PBH or RPR CL lounges. That seems silly to me.

One of the reasons I am not too sad we won't do CL. I know exactly where the lounge is, last trip our rooms were right by the Beach pool, and it would've been a pain to go back and forth...easier to order from the pool
Quote:

We are the party that never stops!!! You may be our first VGF RCer
I was looking at April but HOLY CANNOLI I could book 2 RPC rooms for that price I look forward to getting to know you and hearing all about your family, plans, and of course ch-ch-changes!
Quote:
I have 2 of those baby's Melissa Sorry my friend! Feel better

A huge for everyone I've missed.....BTW DH has started packing
Old 07-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #1200
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Why is it that every time I consider not booking CL, the sounds of my kids yelling "I'm hungry!" jars me back into feeling as though I need it.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: