Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #106
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
wookie - Good luck on the quiz. I think you made a good change with Raglan Rd. You will have to go to a resort first before MK. You could always boat to POR or walk to SSR and head out from there. Or else bus to CR and walk over.
Thanks. I had been waiting for the DH to call, and of course he did while I was taking the quiz. I was paying more attention to him than the quiz, so I'm happy with getting 7 out of 10 right. I did one of those, I meant to click "save answers" and accidentally clicked "submit for grading". I've been thinking of a couple of options on how to get to the MK from DtD. Right now my favorite is taking the bus to the WL, and taking the boat. This way I get my WL fix in, but I have to talk to the DH about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'll be on vacation, so I have a more legitimate excuse for falling behind for a week.
Have a safe trip and a fun, relaxing vacation!!

Quote:
I've often thought of that when DH is snoring
I have thought about doing that to the DH as well. He snores so loud that if we don't have a strong fan on hi in the room, I can't sleep.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #107
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Wookie - your WL then boat idea is good or The boat to POR then bus to MK...I know the buses at DTD can be ridiculous at times!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #108
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! Work was a killer today! The Bruins did me in! I can't stay online either as I have to go out for a bit and then I'm sure I'll be in bed and asleep before I hit the pillow. But I am going to come back tomorrow..(day off, yay!) and catch up on all these posts I've missed...so many pages...so little time....:dance3

Last edited by Willows909; 06-13-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #109
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Alysa... pretty soon in this Disney Math they will be "paying" you too go! whatever works getting back to the Mouse quicker is good
Thanks Janet! You all understand me here. that's all that counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Alysa - Oh I like the plans for the upcoming trips, totally makes sense if you have the DVC points, APs, and miles n
Oh and thank you to everyone for letting me know that it is not just my DH....so annoying He once ok'd the branch manager's vacation week and then totally forgot about it and freaked out when he didn't show up for work for a few days and kept calling him and his wife until they finally told him that he had ok'd the time
Okay off to close my eyes for a bit
Thanks Melissa - I know you'd get it!
Love the DH story!
PS - I'm in the middle of reading your trip report. Love it so far!

Quote:
Alysa - I get it with burning up the AP's! Sorry you had a rotten year last year. That was my 2011.
I'm sorry about your 2011. All we can do is hold on to one another and wait for the sun to come out.

Quote:
though I'm probably late with that - it's easy to fall behind here.
Thank you - I'm having so much fun here already! Such a nice little corner of the DIS!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #110
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Hello everyone! Work was a killer today! The Bruins did me in! I can't stay online either as I have to go out for a bit and then I'm sure I'll be in bed and asleep before I hit the pillow. But I am going to come back tomorrow..(day off, yay!) and catch up on all these posts I've missed...so many pages...so little time.... Question for all you experts....I noticed when I priced Animal Kingdom summer offer, that the pool view room was actually cheaper (not by much) than the standard view..??? I know that at the pop resort it is more expensive for the pool than the standard view. Is there a reason why the pool view is cheaper at Animal Kingdom than the standard view? Thanks for your "smarts" ..
Hmmm...I thought it was just slightly higher (and I mean like almost negligible) than standard?

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #111
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello everyone! Work was a killer today! The Bruins did me in! I can't stay online either as I have to go out for a bit and then I'm sure I'll be in bed and asleep before I hit the pillow. But I am going to come back tomorrow..(day off, yay!) and catch up on all these posts I've missed...so many pages...so little time....:dance3
Where'd the AKL comment go??

Old 06-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #112
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Where'd the AKL comment go??

Sorry about that...I had a "stupid" moment.. I priced it wrong!!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #113
Willows909
Mouseketeer

I'm calling it "Boston Bruins fatigue" That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #114
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
babyberger - Men! Hope you had fun at the pool play date!

wookie - Good luck on the quiz. I think you made a good change with Raglan Rd. You will have to go to a resort first before MK. You could always boat to POR or walk to SSR and head out from there. Or else bus to CR and walk over.

Well, better head off and get dinner started. Happy Thursday Ladies. Weekend is almost here!
Our pool day was dodging the rain storms, but we are used to that here in south FL. Once the lightening started it was time to go though. But the kids both had friends to play with and werent fighting with each other, so it was all good

And yep, bus to CR and walk to MK is perfect

Quote:
I'll be on vacation, so I have a more legitimate excuse for falling behind for a week. Play nice and BOLD those changes so I can see them more clearly after my vacation beverages.
Have a fantastic and well deserved vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thanks. I had been waiting for the DH to call, and of course he did while I was taking the quiz. I was paying more attention to him than the quiz, so I'm happy with getting 7 out of 10 right. I did one of those, I meant to click "save answers" and accidentally clicked "submit for grading". I've been thinking of a couple of options on how to get to the MK from DtD. Right now my favorite is taking the bus to the WL, and taking the boat. This way I get my WL fix in, but I have to talk to the DH about it.
Isn't that always the way.....phone always rings once you start something you cant stop

Quote:
Quote:
I'm calling it "Boston Bruins fatigue" That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
I definitely have foggy Bruins brain today as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Thanks Melissa - I know you'd get it!
Love the DH story!
PS - I'm in the middle of reading your trip report. Love it so far!

Thank you - I'm having so much fun here already! Such a nice little corner of the DIS!
I really love our little corner of the Dis It is so nice to know that there are people out there that understand our crazy over planning, ever changing, Disney obsessions

Ugh, the kids want me to watch a Super Mario DVD (so old and so bad) before bed. Better go keep them happy

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #115
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our pool day was dodging the rain storms, but we are used to that here in south FL. Once the lightening started it was time to go though. But the kids both had friends to play with and werent fighting with each other, so it was all good

And yep, bus to CR and walk to MK is perfect

Have a fantastic and well deserved vacation

Isn't that always the way.....phone always rings once you start something you cant stop

I definitely have foggy Bruins brain today as well

I really love our little corner of the Dis It is so nice to know that there are people out there that understand our crazy over planning, ever changing, Disney obsessions

Ugh, the kids want me to watch a Super Mario DVD (so old and so bad) before bed. Better go keep them happy

Melissa
Oh.....my kids have that DVD.....good luck!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #116
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad the kids had a good day! No fighting is awesome!

Quote:

Melissa

We have a bad, old Super Mario DVD too. It's probably the same one. Sooooo awful!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #117
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quick drop in to say I found you. I sneak quick peeks, but so far behind. Hope you are all well. Band is killing me...
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #118
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Buenas Dias Mis Amigas!

Greetings from Cancun Just wanted to drop in for a quick hello....all is well. Can't believe there's a new thread already!!!Wish I had time to catch up....will do that next week

One of my favorite spots for relaxation......

The weather has been perfect and the drinks have been plentiful!!! I have sampled them all.....

Getting ready to eat some breakfast then head over to Isla Mujeres to swim with the dolphins.

Hope everyone has a beautiful day!
Heather
Probably Buenos Noches now, lol! That drink # 2 looks suspiciously like the Beach Clubs famous Sunken Treasure! Lol. Enjoy your swim.
I go to bed and 4 new pages!!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #119
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know if it's men in general or just my husband, but I swear he doesn't listen. Somehow Disney comes up and this is the conversation.

David: You booked already? (Laughing)
Me: yeah, we talked about this a couple months ago
David: we did?
Me: remember you agreed to the dates and I told you I had to pay the one night deposit
David: oh yeah, why are we staying at BLT?
Me: seriously? The extra room, the kitchen, etc
David: well where do the kids sleep
Me: the pull out chair and pull out sofa
David: what view? You know the kids like the MK view better than the lake view
Me: I know, we will figure out as we get closer and let them decide
David: why can't we just get a suite at CR?
Me: um, the cost!!!!!!

And this goes on for a few more minutes....you KNOW we had this exact same conversation in April and he was home when I was on the phone booking it.

Sorry for the rant, he just amazes me sometimes. I am off to get ready for a pool play date. I promise to catch up tonight...no hockey game, lol!

Wishing everyone a great day!
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
they don't listen!! I told my husband we were adopting a 7 mo old Cocker just before my knee surgery last Wednesday, then Saturday I told him she was arriving, and he had that stunned look claimed I never told him I call it selective hearing!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #120
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Oh.....my kids have that DVD.....good luck!
Quote:

Glad the kids had a good day! No fighting is awesome!

We have a bad, old Super Mario DVD too. It's probably the same one. Sooooo awful!
Seriously such a bad DVD, LMAO!!! Glad I am not the only one who has had to suffer through it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Quick drop in to say I found you. I sneak quick peeks, but so far behind. Hope you are all well. Band is killing me...
Glad you found us Cynthia!! When will you get a break from all the band stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

they don't listen!! I told my husband we were adopting a 7 mo old Cocker just before my knee surgery last Wednesday, then Saturday I told him she was arriving, and he had that stunned look claimed I never told him I call it selective hearing!
Oh my, that is hysterical!!!! I don't understand how the can just forget information like that! So how is the puppy? And how is the knee doing?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: