Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #1111
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Hello All

wookie sorry about the timeshare

basketlacey Yep first time staying at the poly but I am really concerned about Bob, he is falling apart

Continueing Saga of Bob we went to Target today and by time we made our way up to the checkouts He could barely walk between his back,hip, and knee so I commented about reserving a scooter for him at WDW and he said he will get a cane Oh and the other day when he took his Mother to the Drs He forgot his wallet at home again that is twice now in the sat couple of weeks, not sure what is going on with him but it sure is not normal....very frustrating

Hope every one is having a Good Friday!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #1112
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Hello to everyone...I am so out of the loop...it's been pages and pages since I've been here! I'm not savvy enough to read all and multi quote...so I will read and catch up. I've been working so much and trying to get my house in order...spend two weekends in a row with my mom before she went to Texas to visit her sister, so nothing has gotten done in the house except the very basic stuff. I am off today (took a vacation day...) really needed a day. I hope you are all doing well... I've missed reading all the news, it seems you have all become part of my life...Disney vaca still on for September....so far anyways!
Catching up time!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #1113
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Hello All

basketlacey Yep first time staying at the poly but I am really concerned about Bob, he is falling apart

Continueing Saga of Bob we went to Target today and by time we made our way up to the checkouts He could barely walk between his back,hip, and knee so I commented about reserving a scooter for him at WDW and he said he will get a cane Oh and the other day when he took his Mother to the Drs He forgot his wallet at home again that is twice now in the sat couple of weeks, not sure what is going on with him but it sure is not normal....very frustrating

So sorry about Bob. I swear my DH can't go anywhere without forgetting something .... wallet, sunglasses, etc. Yep he's even gone to the store, loaded up the cart, gets to the checkout and discovers he doesn't have his wallet .... Even the dog has gotten use to him walking out the door only to return to get what ever he's forgotten!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #1114
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Hi Rcers! I'm back from the 4th and it looks like I didn't miss a thing! Of course I won't catch you all right now, but:

pas130: Thanks for being our Queen. Not long for you.

WDWKOOK: WL. Not long for you either. Toot toot!

Koh1977: Wow! Not long for you either-either! Who else?

Minnie&Nana: I am so glad to see you here.

Wookie: I am sorry for your loss.

chimo2u: Hope you sell the dirt bike. Glad your son is a "man with a plan."

Missoutandabout: Don't forget we women-folk become "martyrs" in our hobbled old age. I feel your pain with parents. It's been rough here on that front, too.

JanetB: Enjoy the peaceful beauty of nature.

Gwynne: That Sept dining deal sounds fab. Thanks for the news. We'll need to pop over for BlueZoo. Funny that we over here in west FL eat out almost every night in summertime because the restaurant "deals" are so fantastic that it is more expensive to stay home and cook.

basketlacey: What a lovely 9 days. Sounds positively relaxing.

hstrickland: So glad for some pleasantly pleasing painting.

GGrandma: Funny even the dog knows... that's badddd!

Willows909: September will be here before you know it.

sjs314: I think Bob is depressed. .....On my dad's last WDW visit (he swears NEVER again ), he wouldn't use a motorized chair either. Pride. Stubborn. Combination of the two. He agreed to a regular wheelchair and we could push him for longer stretches. But then he was so mortified when the first WDW bus stopped for him and put the back ramp down, that he refused to use that either.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #1115
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies... Happy Friday!

Wookie: Thinking of you guys.

Heather & Koh: Keeping it in mind in case the dance thing is a flash in the pan with Miss M.

Lacey: Thanks for the tips! It's kinda just an "intro to ballet" sorta thing just to see if she likes it. I'd love for her to find something she looks forward to -- instead of WHINES about every time we're getting ready to go. She wasn't keen on the soccer at all -- though loves Girl Scouts and the art lessons she had after school. Guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Sheila: Maybe some of the meds are having an adverse effect? Sorry. I hope it resolves itself before your trip -- or at least he agrees to rent a scooter. When we visited with my parents two years ago, that first afternoon, I convinced my dad to rent one. We went with Apple Scooters upon the recommendation of the CL concierge and they dropped it off right at the hotel bell services the very next morning. (Includes insurance, drop off and pick-up at the hotel.) Anyway, just wanted to let you know you can decide to get it last-minute if you need to when you're already there. My dad was so much happier and easy-going because of it (which is saying a LOT for him )... my only regret was not getting one for my mom. It was far too much walking for her.

Magic: Oooooh, that is tempting. We've only stayed at HRH in Vegas. The hotel was very nice but they had the most annoying hallway decor ever... cymbals every couple of feet along the wall. In Vegas. With people up at all hours of the day... coming and going. Usually sloshed. Who thought that was a good idea? All of those Universal hotels are very convenient walking-distance to the parks, aren't they? So many perks with staying there on-site.

GG & Willow:
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #1116
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Good day ladies! I am way behind too! Well, finally got my taxes settled, it turns out it was my fault as I had entered some income on the wrong line!
And there is a bad ending to this story too! I was about $800 off in my refund estimation! Very very bad of me.... So now vacation fund is down a wee bit more paying off our new van tires. Jeez I am starting to sound really irresponsible! Darn Disney.

We just got in from the zoo, it was a fun time! The DD's are pooped, we kept telling them to put on their Disney feet!

Sheila: So sorry for your issues with Bob, wish I could help. Sounds like you can really use that vacation.

Miss: Good luck with the dance class! It really is fun, but for some reason my DD's grew tired of it. Could have been the instructors. They were kind of bland.

Lacey: DH says no cancelling!! You are not a nut! What a great thing you are doing for your DD's. It sounds like they are super talented! You never know where it may take them.

Marie: Hang in there mom. It must be so hard to see them try to find their way. I agree about the sticker shock with the 2014 prices!

Candace: Yes...where are you??

Willows: I know what you mean, when I lose track here I must catch up! I miss it!

Wookie: Good luck? with the viewing and funeral....so sorry.

jeanette:

Heather: Hope the painter is getting things smooooothed over at your house!

Hi to everyone! Hope you are all having a good day!

Jen
Old 07-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #1117
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quiet night tonight!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #1118
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Quiet night tonight!
Too exhausted to even attempt a multi-quote Even though I'm not actually painting, I've been running errands and literally cleaning every "what-not" in the house....with soap and water. Then had to take the kids to taekwondo and cheer. Then had to come back and referee the kids fighting - not really their fault...they are going nuts in this upside down house. Just one of those days Crazy....

Ok...enough complaining out of me. Think I'll get some Blue Belle Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream!!!! Love it!

And actually, the painting is coming along very well.

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 9 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 3 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #1119
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Hello All

I would take the name & # of a scooter company with me. Once he figures out he won't be able to o that much walking, maybe he will relent.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside, Aug 2015 Poly!
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #1120
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Jenny, I'm sorry to hear about the stress with your mum.
Hope your trip is still fantastic!

Missoutandabout "The Day We Finally Got Freed of You Lunatics."
Hurrah for flights! That photo of your daughter is hysterical!

chimo2u Congratulations on the great news about your son's job!

wookie I'm sorry your holiday wasn't as good as you hoped. I feel your pain about family letting you down.

WDWKOOK Your daughter has a sonic screwdriver?!? I love her!!!

TT4Dis I am sorry you had to cancel your trip. 2014 will be amazing though!

Krystal, that bedroom looks amazing! And I love the bed too! So cute!

sjs314 Congrats on all your weight loss - you've done amazing so far! Don't lose hope!

WillowsHope you had a wonderful visit with your mum!

Sue Way to go with the physio - hope your knee is better soon!

___

Sorry I've been so far behind! I was working on this for my girl for the Halloween party and I've still got more to make so I wanted to get a good head start. Just finished tonight. One down, two or three to go!
beautiful! Still trying to catch up here!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 07-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #1121
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So sorry about Bob. I swear my DH can't go anywhere without forgetting something .... wallet, sunglasses, etc. Yep he's even gone to the store, loaded up the cart, gets to the checkout and discovers he doesn't have his wallet .... Even the dog has gotten use to him walking out the door only to return to get what ever he's forgotten!
linda so good to know their is another like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi Rcers! I'm back from the 4th and it looks like I didn't miss a thing! Of course I won't catch you all right now, but:

pas130: Thanks for being our Queen. Not long for you.

WDWKOOK: WL. Not long for you either. Toot toot!

Koh1977: Wow! Not long for you either-either! Who else?

Minnie&Nana: I am so glad to see you here.

Wookie: I am sorry for your loss.

chimo2u: Hope you sell the dirt bike. Glad your son is a "man with a plan."

Missoutandabout: Don't forget we women-folk become "martyrs" in our hobbled old age. I feel your pain with parents. It's been rough here on that front, too.

JanetB: Enjoy the peaceful beauty of nature.

Gwynne: That Sept dining deal sounds fab. Thanks for the news. We'll need to pop over for BlueZoo. Funny that we over here in west FL eat out almost every night in summertime because the restaurant "deals" are so fantastic that it is more expensive to stay home and cook.

basketlacey: What a lovely 9 days. Sounds positively relaxing.

hstrickland: So glad for some pleasantly pleasing painting.

GGrandma: Funny even the dog knows... that's badddd!

Willows909: September will be here before you know it.

sjs314: I think Bob is depressed. .....On my dad's last WDW visit (he swears NEVER again ), he wouldn't use a motorized chair either. Pride. Stubborn. Combination of the two. He agreed to a regular wheelchair and we could push him for longer stretches. But then he was so mortified when the first WDW bus stopped for him and put the back ramp down, that he refused to use that either.

MAGIC I really do think with Bob it is pride but he did say he is afraid of running into someone... Geez Louise if I can drive a scooter anyone can I am a major clutz

Is Hard Rock Hotel as loud as the restaurant? I've read a lot of DISers say they love HR but my heart's desire is Portifino Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello ladies... Happy Friday!

Wookie: Thinking of you guys.

Heather & Koh: Keeping it in mind in case the dance thing is a flash in the pan with Miss M.

Lacey: Thanks for the tips! It's kinda just an "intro to ballet" sorta thing just to see if she likes it. I'd love for her to find something she looks forward to -- instead of WHINES about every time we're getting ready to go. She wasn't keen on the soccer at all -- though loves Girl Scouts and the art lessons she had after school. Guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Sheila: Maybe some of the meds are having an adverse effect? Sorry. I hope it resolves itself before your trip -- or at least he agrees to rent a scooter. When we visited with my parents two years ago, that first afternoon, I convinced my dad to rent one. We went with Apple Scooters upon the recommendation of the CL concierge and they dropped it off right at the hotel bell services the very next morning. (Includes insurance, drop off and pick-up at the hotel.) Anyway, just wanted to let you know you can decide to get it last-minute if you need to when you're already there. My dad was so much happier and easy-going because of it (which is saying a LOT for him )... my only regret was not getting one for my mom. It was far too much walking for her.

Magic: Oooooh, that is tempting. We've only stayed at HRH in Vegas. The hotel was very nice but they had the most annoying hallway decor ever... cymbals every couple of feet along the wall. In Vegas. With people up at all hours of the day... coming and going. Usually sloshed. Who thought that was a good idea? All of those Universal hotels are very convenient walking-distance to the parks, aren't they? So many perks with staying there on-site.

GG & Willow:
Miss Apple is who I have rented from 2x now. Last trip we were staying at BWI and you can rent a scooter right on the Boardwalk just for a day or whatever and he still refused. Refused to rent one at the parks too!

Did I mention that I left him leaning against a railing in MK during MVMCP last year. I was so awful but so tried of his having to stop and rest like every 10 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I would take the name & # of a scooter company with me. Once he figures out he won't be able to o that much walking, maybe he will relent.
sue If he doesn't tell the Dr about his ailments before we go and maybe get some pain meds He is just going to have to give in and get a scooter.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #1122
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Marie yay for DS finding another job! Graveyard shifts are tough, hope he will be happier with thr new job. And good for him to volunteer to contribute. My oldest daughter who lives at home pays rent.
Have you thought if going thru David's Rentals for Kidani DVC? Or BWI DVC? He has a chart where you can put in your dates to see how much it will cost. And you are able to add DDP. Only thing is you have to be sure of dates. Sorry if you've checked already, can't remember!

Old 07-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #1123
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
This is the first time in a while that we're not eating at Narcoosee's. It wasn't bad this last time, but it wasn't over the top good that would warrant 2 credits...I always get the lobster and filet. :-) because when we do eat there, I'm sure as heck going to get my 2 credits worth!! :-)
I have to agree with you, when we went back for a meal last August, it wasn't as good. I get the lobster & filet too .
It was my friends birthday too, so to surprise her I ordered a Castle birthday cake. But what does our server do? He brings out the free Narcossees desert first, then after she eats that brings out the Castle cake like she's going to eat 2 desserts! So she had the castle packed to go.
Don't know if it's just me, but I was upset with that server.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #1124
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Oh, have any of you received any proper (non-form letter) replies from the WDW Guest Communications email address?

I finally sent off my comments about the lovely concierge woman who helped us at Caribbean Beach Resort. (Only other time I've written was an actual real letter to the Beach Club manager and I got a reply in the mail from Mim Flynn, hehe.) Just hope the email will make it to the proper folks.
Once I wrote a letter about the wonderful Ranger Stan at WL. That man was a gem, and it still doesn't seem right to me walking into WL and not seeing him.
Anyway, I received a phone call a few months later from Disney thanking me for my letter, and that he would be getting a special recognition.

For those of you that didn't know him, he retired awhile after that, and has since passes away. RIP Ranger Stan.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #1125
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

I have to agree with you, when we went back for a meal last August, it wasn't as good. I get the lobster & filet too .
It was my friends birthday too, so to surprise her I ordered a Castle birthday cake. But what does our server do? He brings out the free Narcossees desert first, then after she eats that brings out the Castle cake like she's going to eat 2 desserts! So she had the castle packed to go.
Don't know if it's just me, but I was upset with that server.
I'd be a bit upset with the server too! :-/ We're doing CRT and Le Cellier for our 2 credit dinners. Hopefully they don't disappoint this time around. :-)

New ones this trip for us - BOG (dinner), Yak & Yeti, Coral Reef, The Wave (breakfast), and 1900 Park Fare (dinner). Was going to do Raglan Road, but decided against going to DtD this trip unless we hit it on the way out or the kids specifically ask to go. But since we're at the Poly now, I wanted to make sure we enjoy the resort and have plenty of downtime, as well as make use of the easy transportation. :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 (MNSSHP) BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 (4th of July) POR/WL CL / June 2015 (SWW ) BWI or CR (Garden Wing)
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: