Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #1096
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

Thanks, ladies. Yep, over Facebook; it truly felt just like high school all over again. I think the gist of the issue is -- he's turned into an ornery, judgemental ol' coot. (Is that judgemental of me to say? )
I don't think it's judgmental, but I do feel you're being a bit ornery.

Quote:
Oh, have any of you received any proper (non-form letter) replies from the WDW Guest Communications email address?

I finally sent off my comments about the lovely concierge woman who helped us at Caribbean Beach Resort. (Only other time I've written was an actual real letter to the Beach Club manager and I got a reply in the mail from Mim Flynn, hehe.) Just hope the email will make it to the proper folks.
I always receive a phone call (caller ID is always DHS/MGM) about 7-10 days or so after I email them. If you're not home, they'll leave a message thanking you and assuring you that "Lovely Concierge Woman" and her supervisor have received your comments, too. It will go into her permanent record!
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #1097
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I don't think it's judgmental, but I do feel you're being a bit ornery.
I fear it's genetic.

Quote:
I always receive a phone call (caller ID is always DHS/MGM) about 7-10 days or so after I email them. If you're not home, they'll leave a message thanking you and assuring you that "Lovely Concierge Woman" and her supervisor have received your comments, too. It will go into her permanent record!
Thanks, Kookster. I'd write a snail-mail if need be, but looks like the email should suffice. (Some other resort should totally snatch her up.)
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #1098
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The painter is coming - the painter is coming!! He's going to be shocked with your warm, big welcome. Will you bring him some Chick-Fil-A?
Nope...no Chic-Fil-A. However I did bring him a McGriddle from Mickey D's I think he and his wife are ready to get the job finished....not only do I ask a 1000 questions, so do Jesse and Faith. Poor people...we're driving them crazy Think it's time to take the kids to taekwondo!

Quote:
Yes, yes, still booked WL/CL and it's set in stone since this week I officially contacted all interested WDW parties. Three weeks from today we'll be waking up to the toot of boat horns! Well, DH and DD will, I'll be up and about way before then - I know you can relate
The early bird catches the worm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Heather I was thinking of you yesterday and trying to recall where your sister lives here in CT when we had another Tornado touch down.

CT is fast becoming a terrible state to live in be it Hurricanes, Nor'Easters or now Tornados! I'm just wondering what is next? earthQuakes maybe?
No kidding!!?? I haven't talked to her since Tuesday. She lives in Glastonbury...they were in Old Wethersfield and really loved it there, but found a house to buy that they couldn't turn down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
We are still at POR, but as I alluded on my PTR, it may be an offsite trip....
I have 3 more days to figure it out!!
hmmmm....I better head over to the PTR right now!

Quote:

Sweeeeet! ( <-- Determinedly stirring a paint pot, we need to use our imagination here.)
Progress seems to be a bit faster when they paint :

Quote:
Thanks, ladies. Yep, over Facebook; it truly felt just like high school all over again. I think the gist of the issue is -- he's turned into an ornery, judgemental ol' coot. (Is that judgemental of me to say? ) My main problem is, these things always seem to crop up RIGHT before we are planning to go out to see them. I think we all know where I'd rather be spending that moolah.

Ok....time to give these nice people a break and get out of their hair!! I'm off to taekwondo!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #1099
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the kind words and support on my DS issue! It's a long story, so I'll spare you all the details and just update you on what happened -- it's been a long day, and there are changes. Changes that I might not be 100% happy about, but changes that none-the-less are part of him growing up and finding his own way through his own choices......

Sooooo, with that said, Yes, he did take responsibility to go to the store manager today and talk to him to let him know that the night hours where killing him, and not something he could see himself doing long term and being happy at. I am proud of him for that, for going in and doing the responsible thing by talking to the mgr. So, he did put in his termination and the manager even said, if it's not your thing, it's not worth being unhappy at your job. DS has a new job lined up for when he gets back from the trip to Ontario in 3 weeks with his girlfriend's family.
I told him, he need to have a job, so he knows that it's a requirement now.
DS does have a good offer to be on this guys work crew doing windows, and some other stuff....apparently I talked to DS's GF's mother whose Boyfriend's SON (got that??? whew!! LOL) is getting Josh on his crew. It is stable work, 12 months a year, and not seasonal, so that's a relief....It is also 3$ per hour higher than the HDepot job, Day hours and Mon to Friday.....So, yes, it sounds good, but I'll be happier when I actually see him hired and working steadily but it's his life and I have to let him make the calls......so I'm leaving it in DS's hands, supporting him and hoping for the best. Joshua even offered to help out at home when he gets his paycheque....to start contributing to food and stuff, so that's a very nice offer and I'll take him up on it every little bit counts!! (Hey, maybe it can go to my Disney fund, LOL)

DS and DH where at odds last night with this turn of events with Josh not being happy at his job, etc..... today they managed to talk it out, hug it out and things are better -- but DH expects like I do that he will be a steadily working young man when he gets home from Ontario in 3 weeks!!!

Fingers crossed my youngest son's Dirt bike sells today! I have someone on their way to look at it, cash in hand..... I so want to get rid of it, it was an impulse buy when he was 14......and it hardly ever got ridden!!! that'll teach me to impulse buy, lol ....but it will be a great stress off my mind if it sells fingers crossed!

Miss -- I so know what you mean about FB!!!! my DH was so upset last night about our son posting that he was "frustrated" with him over the job situation -- that he just DELETED his account! He hates FB and the drama it causes! so he just pulled himself off. I can't do that unfortunately, I enjoy keeping in touch with people too much to do that, but sometimes I think FB allows people tooo much access to our life, and that's not always a good thing! (Especially when it comes to nosey relatives/ or MIL's)

I priced "pretend trips" for Jan 2014 last night, and all I can say is wow!!! I hope some discounts come along! For what I want at BWI Deluxe room, 6 nights, 4 people, basic ddp -- it's $7,500!!! That's just the Disney portion. not Universal or Busch gardens added in, or spending money, or food money for Universal!!! so I've got to get a great discount or else do a lot of saving!

The only other thing I might look into (as much as I really want BWI CL) is Kidani/ DVC rental -- if it 'll save me $$$$$ thousands, then it might be the way to go, going through CRO for Kidani, deluxe ddp, and 6 nights/ with tickets is about $8200!!!!! more than the BWI quote, so right now, BWI is my choice, but we shall see if any good deals come along! I can't book until next July anyway
sigh.....that seems like it'll be forever!

Love y'all!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #1100
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Oooh, what did you guys order? It's on my "to do" list... along with Artist Point and Citricos. (Well, next time we happen to be staying over that way. If we can tear ourselves away from the Epcot resorts! One day, CR... one day.)
Sweeeeet! ( <-- Determinedly stirring a paint pot, we need to use our imagination here.)

I need to take this advice. I always get up later than I'd like on vacation. (Even with the alarm set.)
Made of tough stuff, y'all east coast folks.

Can you imagine THAT upgrade?!

Thanks, ladies. Yep, over Facebook; it truly felt just like high school all over again. I think the gist of the issue is -- he's turned into an ornery, judgemental ol' coot. (Is that judgemental of me to say? ) My main problem is, these things always seem to crop up RIGHT before we are planning to go out to see them. I think we all know where I'd rather be spending that moolah.
Miss Don't worry it is a condition of "old age" to combat the ornery, judge mental old coots, we women turn into "bitter old women"and slightly judgmental in our own right

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Nope...no Chic-Fil-A. However I did bring him a McGriddle from Mickey D's I think he and his wife are ready to get the job finished....not only do I ask a 1000 questions, so do Jesse and Faith. Poor people...we're driving them crazy Think it's time to take the kids to taekwondo!

The early bird catches the worm!

No kidding!!?? I haven't talked to her since Tuesday. She lives in Glastonbury...they were in Old Wethersfield and really loved it there, but found a house to buy that they couldn't turn down.

hmmmm....I better head over to the PTR right now!

Progress seems to be a bit faster when they paint :

Ok....time to give these nice people a break and get out of their hair!! I'm off to taekwondo!

Heather
Heather

for the painters!

Connecticut is going to decide if we need a tornado warning system? Hell I am ready for a storm shelter myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Thanks for all the kind words and support on my DS issue! It's a long story, so I'll spare you all the details and just update you on what happened -- it's been a long day, and there are changes. Changes that I might not be 100% happy about, but changes that none-the-less are part of him growing up and finding his own way through his own choices......

Sooooo, with that said, Yes, he did take responsibility to go to the store manager today and talk to him to let him know that the night hours where killing him, and not something he could see himself doing long term and being happy at. I am proud of him for that, for going in and doing the responsible thing by talking to the mgr. So, he did put in his termination and the manager even said, if it's not your thing, it's not worth being unhappy at your job. DS has a new job lined up for when he gets back from the trip to Ontario in 3 weeks with his girlfriend's family.
I told him, he need to have a job, so he knows that it's a requirement now.
DS does have a good offer to be on this guys work crew doing windows, and some other stuff....apparently I talked to DS's GF's mother whose Boyfriend's SON (got that??? whew!! LOL) is getting Josh on his crew. It is stable work, 12 months a year, and not seasonal, so that's a relief....It is also 3$ per hour higher than the HDepot job, Day hours and Mon to Friday.....So, yes, it sounds good, but I'll be happier when I actually see him hired and working steadily but it's his life and I have to let him make the calls......so I'm leaving it in DS's hands, supporting him and hoping for the best. Joshua even offered to help out at home when he gets his paycheque....to start contributing to food and stuff, so that's a very nice offer and I'll take him up on it every little bit counts!! (Hey, maybe it can go to my Disney fund, LOL)

DS and DH where at odds last night with this turn of events with Josh not being happy at his job, etc..... today they managed to talk it out, hug it out and things are better -- but DH expects like I do that he will be a steadily working young man when he gets home from Ontario in 3 weeks!!!

Fingers crossed my youngest son's Dirt bike sells today! I have someone on their way to look at it, cash in hand..... I so want to get rid of it, it was an impulse buy when he was 14......and it hardly ever got ridden!!! that'll teach me to impulse buy, lol ....but it will be a great stress off my mind if it sells fingers crossed!

Miss -- I so know what you mean about FB!!!! my DH was so upset last night about our son posting that he was "frustrated" with him over the job situation -- that he just DELETED his account! He hates FB and the drama it causes! so he just pulled himself off. I can't do that unfortunately, I enjoy keeping in touch with people too much to do that, but sometimes I think FB allows people tooo much access to our life, and that's not always a good thing! (Especially when it comes to nosey relatives/ or MIL's)

I priced "pretend trips" for Jan 2014 last night, and all I can say is wow!!! I hope some discounts come along! For what I want at BWI Deluxe room, 6 nights, 4 people, basic ddp -- it's $7,500!!! That's just the Disney portion. not Universal or Busch gardens added in, or spending money, or food money for Universal!!! so I've got to get a great discount or else do a lot of saving!

The only other thing I might look into (as much as I really want BWI CL) is Kidani/ DVC rental -- if it 'll save me $$$$$ thousands, then it might be the way to go, going through CRO for Kidani, deluxe ddp, and 6 nights/ with tickets is about $8200!!!!! more than the BWI quote, so right now, BWI is my choice, but we shall see if any good deals come along! I can't book until next July anyway

Love y'all!
Marie I am glad the issue with DS has been resolved I totally understand your need to let him make his own decisions I did the same thing although now after my two DS are gone and I look back I do have regrets about not stepping in and at least try to influence some of their choices more than I did .

I am surprised AKL is more than BWI. AKL is Definately on my radar for our next trip.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #1101
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi Peeps!

At my moms cottage in upstate NY so sketchy Internet. I'm way too far behind to catch up!

Heather, I sense there was done sort of painting debacle ... Will take a look on my return.

Marie, happy that the situation with DS has improved seems like this new job is a better fit, which means DS will will be happier. Kids have to be responsible at this age and take the consequences too ... Hopefully this change will be a turning point in his life! Continue being strong my friend!

Miss, I'm sure you take after your mom, not your ornery dad

Sheila, do hope the Poly has not changed - you both will have a great time!

Kor, you are at the Poly all 9 nights??

Pas, so very close my friend change might be in the air?

Ginny, sorry you had to post pone your weekend, but.trying a new restaurant sounds delish!

Waving hello to all! Miss you!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 07-11-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #1102
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Janet - I am at the Poly 8 nights/9days. :-) 8/1-8/9 Poly!!!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #1103
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Marie....sounds like things are turning around for you Glad to hear it!

Quote:
Connecticut is going to decide if we need a tornado warning system? Hell I am ready for a storm shelter myself
I laughed out loud when I read that!! Y'all might need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Peeps!

At my moms cottage in upstate NY so sketchy Internet. I'm way too far behind to catch up!
Enjoy your time away!!!

Quote:
Heather, I sense there was done sort of painting debacle ... Will take a look on my return.
You could say that All is well that ends well!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 07-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #1104
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:

How do they enjoy Taekwondo? Wondering if Miss M would like to try something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post

Love y'all!
Hope the new job works out for him when he gets back.

Yes! Nosy inlaws (and fathers too, in my case)! Facebook is more trouble than it's worth sometimes. I do love seeing people's pictures and keeping up with the goings-on of folks. Can't seem to deactivate my account. (My hubs did what yours did, deleted his account!) To alleviate any more unnecessary fatherly upset, I have made a "group" with my dad in it so I can exclude him now whenever I see fit.

Ouch on that "pretend trip" pricing. DVC rental does sound like a nice solution though... or hopefully a nice discount rolls along.

Quote:
Miss Don't worry it is a condition of "old age" to combat the ornery, judge mental old coots, we women turn into "bitter old women"and slightly judgmental in our own right
I love this! Ain't that the truth. Hahaha. (Every time he acts up, I just wonder how my mother has taken a frying pan to his head yet. )

Quote:
Hope the weather quiets down for you guys.

Quote:
I am surprised AKL is more than BWI. AKL is Definately on my radar for our next trip.
Ahhh, AKL.

Quote:
Miss, I'm sure you take after your mom, not your ornery dad
Only take after him in the sense that I'm not afraid to tell him off when he's out of line. I do wish I could glean some of my mom's "Master Ignoring" expertise.

Enjoy the weekend up there and the NICE weather... and the no-Y!
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #1105
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Miss and Heather - DH used to teach taekwondo...he's a 5th degree black belt. :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 07-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #1106
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How do they enjoy Taekwondo? Wondering if Miss M would like to try something like that. :scratchi
They love it! Stephen is a brown belt and Jesse is an orange belt. It has been really good for both of them in terms of discipline and respect. It's very structured and organized which I love. She should give it a try....but make sure you research the facilities. There are some pretty shady ones floating around out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Miss and Heather - DH used to teach taekwondo...he's a 5th degree black belt. :-)
No kidding?! Which type of taekwondo does he practice? We're ATA. I'm hoping that Stephen sticks with it and earns his blackbelt.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #1107
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

They love it! Stephen is a brown belt and Jesse is an orange belt. It has been really good for both of them in terms of discipline and respect. It's very structured and organized which I love. She should give it a try....but make sure you research the facilities. There are some pretty shady ones floating around out there.

No kidding?! Which type of taekwondo does he practice? We're ATA. I'm hoping that Stephen sticks with it and earns his blackbelt.
He was with WTKDA.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #1108
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

I just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. The DH ended up cashing the check from the timeshare company, but we will get it back up soon he says. I did my online check in and had a couple of odd choices that looked out of place (Kudu Trail View and Sunset Savanna View) and we have a pool view room booked. Someone on the AKL thread said it was a glitch. I know I picked near the lobby, but can't remember my other pick. They will know tomorrow if they will be able to have an open casket or not. The viewing is tomorrow night and the funeral is Saturday morning. Hopefully, the bil will let my boys spend the night at his house, since they have never been to a funeral. Well I'm going to take some more NiQuil and head to bed.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #1109
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Woodie - I am so so sorry for the devasting loss of your husband's grandfather. I have been there - my grandfather did the same thing. Watching my dad grieve was gut wrenching!

I am all caught up but I will never get all the multiquotes right. Let me give it a whirl -

Marie - sorry you are frustrated with Ds. I completely support your choice on making him work. Don't let him make you feel guilty. Crossing my fingers that all goes well when he returns from vacation.

Miss E - both of my dds dance competitively. My oldest has been dancing for 11 years and just made the high school dance team - woot! Woot! And my youngest has been dancing for 6 years. They take ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop and tumbling. Did your dance school give you any direction on shoes? For our new students, the shoes have to be purchased at the studio. They fit the kids and order them. They are fairly inexpensive. As they get older, they start wearing better shoes. We usually get fitted at a local store for our first pair of a specific style and after I know the base size, I order from discount dance.com (no space) to replace them. All brands and styles run different so it can be a challenge to get the right size. Our older kids and competitive dancers like the canvas ballet shoes best because they show off the foot and are more flexible. But they tear up quickly. Our studio usually starts girls in the leather ones. Make sure to get "split sole" so she can move her foot. So the bottom of the shoe should have a sole under the toe part of the foot and a separate sole under the heel as opposed to one piece. HTH. Oh and when you laugh and point at the crazy parents that seem to be at the studio for hours and are spending their entire pay checks on costumes and you say, I would never do that......yeah we'll, I was there once too. I thoughts those moms were nuts. And here 7 years later.....(and yes, I am nuts)!

Jenny - hope you don't cancel your cruise! Hugs my friend!

Kristen - no more changes? Poly is sticking? That is the next resort on my bucket list (or CR). I have a feeling we will prefer EPCOT area though.

Pas - have you started packing? What did I miss about HRH and dh not going to the parks? Is it because they prefer to hang out and relax? I have been helping my SIL look at and price offsite resorts. Have you done one before? Like you, she has a family too big for one room. Offsite seems much more economical when you need 2 rooms. Plus, then her and BIL can sleep in the same room! We have been looking at WBC, Caribe (sp?) and one other that I can't remember. She home schools so she will go in the offseason which also helps. She wants us to come. I am thinking about maybe taking just my youngest.....

Whose dd scored the great bargains at the Disney outlet? I loved them! Youngest dd and I love anything with the "nerds" on them and they are getting hard to find!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #1110
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Heather - do we get to see painting pics?

Sheila - is this your first trip to the Poly?

Where is Candace? I am looking at booking Disney on Ice tix for dd's bday. Didn't you go recently?

What else? I feel like I am missing a ton because I have been reading in spurts. Today is our last "vacation" day. We have spent everyday on the water all day. We are going for one last ride and then back home. I don't think I have ever been away this long - 9 days!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: