Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #1081
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
We have 9 days at the Poly, so close. :-)
You are going to love it! Sounds heavenly!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #1082
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

...and it was 10 at the Grand this time , 2 previous 10 day trips were Contemporary

J got his spacers in August of 2008, his expander in October 2008 and then the retainer. They kept waiting for a tooth to fall out and it never did, finally pulled and braces went on in April of 2010. Our dentist - also a family friend and not pushy- recommended probably a year earlier...I just didn't make the appt.

Don't remember if I said, we went to LeCellier on Canada Day. It was quite festive
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #1083
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Marie: Hang in there momma.

Wookie: for you, too.

Sheila: If the whole fridge thing isn't a storm-in-a-teacup (like lots of Dis-board hoopla), you shouldn't have any problems getting one at all, you need one for medical reasons. Love that dentist story.

Jen: Second opinion sounds like the thing. These things aren't ever easy, are they?

~~===============~~

I need a little complaint moment. I called up my parents to wish them a happy anniversary. The conversation was going fine until my dad decided to make snarky comments toward me at two different points during the call. (I ignored the first one.) It's an immediate tip-off when he mentions something at separate times that he's been dwelling on it. My reply to him after the second comment was, "Well, I'm sorry if you're offended by it." He then got upset and hung up the phone... And, do you know what all of this was over? Facebook. Eesh.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #1084
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Don't remember if I said, we went to LeCellier on Canada Day. It was quite festive
Ah, that sounds lovely! I almost booked it for our next trip but went with something new (BOG) instead -- along with something close(r) to the hotel for our anniversary (Bluezoo).
Old 07-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #1085
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Miss- we tried something new this trip - Narcossee's for our anniversary - it was wonderful. ( our 25th is the 23rd of this month, but we used the big Disney trip to celebrate )
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 07-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #1086
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning to All

Here's a big Happy Anniversary to you DetTigsGal (early, I know) You celebrated in style like all Disney Princesses should Glad yall made it back and had a wonderful trip!

Koh.....Is it too early for the banana dance? Get excited, girl! The Poly awaits!!!!

Sounds like you and your father, Miss, were having a role-reversal moment! It seems that he was acting a bit childish. Sorry about all that

Jenn....crazy day at the dentist, huh? Poor things...I feel for you having to deal with all the decisions and nervousness. Faith is always a drama mama at the dentist/doctor and usually cries...always breaks my heart.

"Up your nose with a rubber hose" Shelia....now that, my friend, is WAY too funny! I can picture your face right now! And you probably wanted to crawl in a hole. I feel your pain ....we have those moments with our Jesse quite frequently. You probably already stated this somewhere yesterday...but are you sticking with the Poly???

Marie....Sorry to hear about the problems with your son but GREAT advice from these wise mamas Smart ladies they are!! Be strong!

Here's a little Wookie for brighter days!!! Sounds like yall just can't catch a break....hoping today will be much better!!!

Pas & Kook....dance, my friends, dance!!!! Vacation time is upon yall!!!! going out on a limb here and guessing y'all are both still at the same resort, right???

Who am I missing??? A big hello to IHeart, Minnie&Nana, Basket, Mousemommy, Babyberger, Alysa, GrumpyGrandma, Sue, Janet, gwynne, magic,

And it's an "Oh Happy Day" for our little household!!!! The painter is coming today!!!! I don't have to wait!!! My mess will be back in place by the end of the weekend. My dear husband has been such a trooper and oh so patient with me

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #1087
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning to All

Pas & Kook....dance, my friends, dance!!!! Vacation time is upon yall!!!! going out on a limb here and guessing y'all are both still at the same resort, right???

And it's an "Oh Happy Day" for our little household!!!! The painter is coming today!!!! I don't have to wait!!! My mess will be back in place by the end of the weekend. My dear husband has been such a trooper and oh so patient with me

Heather
The painter is coming - the painter is coming!! He's going to be shocked with your warm, big welcome. Will you bring him some Chick-Fil-A?

Yes, yes, still booked WL/CL and it's set in stone since this week I officially contacted all interested WDW parties. Three weeks from today we'll be waking up to the toot of boat horns! Well, DH and DD will, I'll be up and about way before then - I know you can relate
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #1088
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Krystal Have I mentioned how Jealous I am?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Marie: Hang in there momma.

Sheila: If the whole fridge thing isn't a storm-in-a-teacup (like lots of Dis-board hoopla), you shouldn't have any problems getting one at all, you need one for medical reasons. Love that dentist story.

Jen: Second opinion sounds like the thing. These things aren't ever easy, are they?

~~===============~~

I need a little complaint moment. I called up my parents to wish them a happy anniversary. The conversation was going fine until my dad decided to make snarky comments toward me at two different points during the call. (I ignored the first one.) It's an immediate tip-off when he mentions something at separate times that he's been dwelling on it. My reply to him after the second comment was, "Well, I'm sorry if you're offended by it." He then got upset and hung up the phone... And, do you know what all of this was over? Facebook. Eesh.
Miss I am not too worried about the fridge issue after all I have managed thru power outages due to hurricanes of 7+ days

Sorry about your frustration with Dad.

Quote:
Good Morning to All

Here's a big Happy Anniversary to you DetTigsGal (early, I know) You celebrated in style like all Disney Princesses should Glad yall made it back and had a wonderful trip!

Koh.....Is it too early for the banana dance? Get excited, girl! The Poly awaits!!!!

Sounds like you and your father, Miss, were having a role-reversal moment! It seems that he was acting a bit childish. Sorry about all that

Jenn....crazy day at the dentist, huh? Poor things...I feel for you having to deal with all the decisions and nervousness. Faith is always a drama mama at the dentist/doctor and usually cries...always breaks my heart.

"Up your nose with a rubber hose" Shelia....now that, my friend, is WAY too funny! I can picture your face right now! And you probably wanted to crawl in a hole. I feel your pain ....we have those moments with our Jesse quite frequently. You probably already stated this somewhere yesterday...but are you sticking with the Poly???

Marie....Sorry to hear about the problems with your son but GREAT advice from these wise mamas Smart ladies they are!! Be strong!

Here's a little Wookie for brighter days!!! Sounds like yall just can't catch a break....hoping today will be much better!!!

Who am I missing??? A big hello to IHeart, Minnie&Nana, Basket, Mousemommy, Babyberger, Alysa, GrumpyGrandma, Sue, Janet, gwynne, magic,

Heather
Heather I was thinking of you yesterday and trying to recall where your sister lives here in CT when we had another Tornado touch down.

CT is fast becoming a terrible state to live in be it Hurricanes, Nor'Easters or now Tornados! I'm just wondering what is next? earthQuakes maybe?

Still at the Poly

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #1089
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Sheila- we had a tornado yesterday? Where? Once again in the band room and listening to the radio station from West Michigan on my iPhone- where the weather was beautiful
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 07-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #1090
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Do I want to wait till next fall or maybe do a Trip again after Thanksgiving in 2014
You aren't thinking of postponing are you??? You guys NEED to go !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Yesterday I had physio, lunch with friends, mani pedi, then evening movies with girlfriends, did I say I love summers off? I could get used to this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thanks Jeanette, DH thinks she is way too young still for this stuff. Just a headache, a few cavities and they manage to make you feel like a horrible parent too.
DS21 got his braces around 13 I think, and DS12 who may need them, they are waiting as his baby teeth were in for the longest!!! We have a great pediatric dentist, who does ortho too. But kids are predisposed to cavities too, we learned the hard way gummies and fruit roll ups are the worst. And juice boxes. So our snacks changed and the kids now drink water. DS4 doesn't let me brush him every day, depends on his mood. I encourage him to brush all the areas...we do what we can right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well now I'm in a pickle. The DH told a person on Sunday that he wanted his money back. They said they would have someone call us to tell us where to send the information we need to send in to get a refund. Well last night, I opened our mail, and we already got a check from them. DH wants to cash it to help buy flowers for his grandfather, but I don't want to. It's not like he's ever been close to this man. In fact for most of my DH's life this man was a mean drunk. I'm sure I'm just being selfish, but I would rather that money go on a down payment on a timeshare than on flowers for a man that I couldn't stand when he was living.
I totally get that!!!

Quote:
Jeanette Ugh yes darn fridge something else to worry about as I need to keep my insulin refrigerated.
I will all be fine, you need the fridge...Make sure your TA takes care of that!!! Worst case scenario, maybe they can move you to a room with a fridge like at the Villas at GF
Quote:

Quote:
Another reason I don't FB

Quote:
Miss- we tried something new this trip - Narcossee's for our anniversary - it was wonderful. ( our 25th is the 23rd of this month, but we used the big Disney trip to celebrate )

Quote:
Pas & Kook....dance, my friends, dance!!!! Vacation time is upon yall!!!! going out on a limb here and guessing y'all are both still at the same resort, right???Heather
We are still at POR, but as I alluded on my PTR, it may be an offsite trip....
I have 3 more days to figure it out!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The painter is coming - the painter is coming!! He's going to be shocked with your warm, big welcome. Will you bring him some Chick-Fil-A?

Yes, yes, still booked WL/CL and it's set in stone since this week I officially contacted all interested WDW parties. Three weeks from today we'll be waking up to the toot of boat horns! Well, DH and DD will, I'll be up and about way before then - I know you can relate

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #1091
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Sheila- we had a tornado yesterday? Where? Once again in the band room and listening to the radio station from West Michigan on my iPhone- where the weather was beautiful
DetTigsGalStorres and Tolland possibility? NWS is suppose to be headed there today but saw pics of the funnel cloud in Storres

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
You aren't thinking of postponing are you??? You guys NEED to go !!!

DS21 got his braces around 13 I think, and DS12 who may need them, they are waiting as his baby teeth were in for the longest!!! We have a great pediatric dentist, who does ortho too. But kids are predisposed to cavities too, we learned the hard way gummies and fruit roll ups are the worst. And juice boxes. So our snacks changed and the kids now drink water. DS4 doesn't let me brush him every day, depends on his mood. I encourage him to brush all the areas...we do what we can right???

I totally get that!!!

I will all be fine, you need the fridge...Make sure your TA takes care of that!!! Worst case scenario, maybe they can move you to a room with a fridge like at the Villas at GF

Jeanette

The thought has crossed my mind about postponing but my great deal especially since the ticket prices increased keeps whispering no changes!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #1092
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oooh, what did you guys order? It's on my "to do" list... along with Artist Point and Citricos. (Well, next time we happen to be staying over that way. If we can tear ourselves away from the Epcot resorts! One day, CR... one day.)

Quote:
Sweeeeet! ( <-- Determinedly stirring a paint pot, we need to use our imagination here.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Well, DH and DD will, I'll be up and about way before then - I know you can relate
I need to take this advice. I always get up later than I'd like on vacation. (Even with the alarm set.)

Quote:
Miss I am not too worried about the fridge issue after all I have managed thru power outages due to hurricanes of 7+ days
Made of tough stuff, y'all east coast folks.

Quote:
Can you imagine THAT upgrade?!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry about your frustration with Dad.
Quote:
Thanks, ladies. Yep, over Facebook; it truly felt just like high school all over again. I think the gist of the issue is -- he's turned into an ornery, judgemental ol' coot. (Is that judgemental of me to say? ) My main problem is, these things always seem to crop up RIGHT before we are planning to go out to see them. I think we all know where I'd rather be spending that moolah.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #1093
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oooh, what did you guys order? It's on my "to do" list... along with Artist Point and Citricos. (Well, next time we happen to be staying over that way. If we can tear ourselves away from the Epcot resorts! One day, CR... one day.)

Sweeeeet! ( <-- Determinedly stirring a paint pot, we need to use our imagination here.)

I need to take this advice. I always get up later than I'd like on vacation. (Even with the alarm set.)

Made of tough stuff, y'all east coast folks.

Can you imagine THAT upgrade?!

Thanks, ladies. Yep, over Facebook; it truly felt just like high school all over again. I think the gist of the issue is -- he's turned into an ornery, judgemental ol' coot. (Is that judgemental of me to say? ) My main problem is, these things always seem to crop up RIGHT before we are planning to go out to see them. I think we all know where I'd rather be spending that moolah.
This is the first time in a while that we're not eating at Narcoosee's. It wasn't bad this last time, but it wasn't over the top good that would warrant 2 credits...I always get the lobster and filet. :-) because when we do eat there, I'm sure as heck going to get my 2 credits worth!! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #1094
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is the first time in a while that we're not eating at Narcoosee's. It wasn't bad this last time, but it wasn't over the top good that would warrant 2 credits...I always get the lobster and filet. :-) because when we do eat there, I'm sure as heck going to get my 2 credits worth!! :-)
We do the OOP thing; one of the reasons I love all the options over at the Swolphin.

Going to go check out the menus now since I'm a glutton for punishment/drooling.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #1095
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Oh, have any of you received any proper (non-form letter) replies from the WDW Guest Communications email address?

I finally sent off my comments about the lovely concierge woman who helped us at Caribbean Beach Resort. (Only other time I've written was an actual real letter to the Beach Club manager and I got a reply in the mail from Mim Flynn, hehe.) Just hope the email will make it to the proper folks.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: