Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #1051
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Wookie - you and your family are in my thoughts as prayers. HUGS my friend!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #1052
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
The DH has finally came to the realization that I wasn't willing to cancel the timeshare thing. I think he wants to keep it as well, he's just using me as an excuse to not cancel.

Thank you all so much. It has hit the family pretty hard. When we were first told about it, we were just told that he passed. It wasn't until about an hour after we were first told, that we were told how he died. It's just so senseless and has his children (and my DH) thinking it's their fault because they didn't see the signs and didn't stop it. Honestly ladies, right now I'm just ticked off. This man spent too much time in a bottle to be any kind of a grandfather to my DH, and he ends his own life, leaving my DH to feel guilty. I have the same Momma Bear instincts towards my DH that I do my DSs (as I'm sure y'all do). You know the, you hurt my kids (or DH), and heck hath no fury like what I'm going to do to you kind of instincts. I just wish I could transport the four of us to WDW so we didn't have to deal with the real life junk, and our hardest decision would be "Dole Whip Float or Mickey Head Ice Cream Bar?"
Oh Wookie/ Kim -- I am so sorry for you. Suicide leave so many feeling guilty and questioning "what if" and I pray your DH knows it wasn't his fault, and I am thankful to know he has the love and support of a wonderful woman and family to help him through it! I can surely relate to wanting to just escape reality. When DH was shot, he said that He never thought he'd say it, but he could really have used a trip to WDW right after!!! he just wanted to get away from it all..... so I know that feeling!
I pray you all stay strong and know we are all here thinking of you and supporting you, ready to lend a listening ear any time day or night!

PAS: DS came home from work and said "work sucks!" LOL....welcome to the real world young man....he's been lucky and had a 2 yr break since graduating without me pushing him to do anything.....so now it's the real world and he'll just have to push through it and slowly get used to it.

I Heart - Yes! I can see me trying any way I can to keep that CL on my reservation!!! only 1 more year I am guessing until I can make it!!!

Alysa - your daughter is beautiful! and your talent at sewing is amazing! great job

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #1053
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Krystal, Sjs, Linda, Heather, Kim, Jeanette, i_heart - thank you all for the nice comments about the costume and my girl!

Quote:
Thank you. It's one thing when you disappoint me, but it's totally different when you disappoint my boys.
I totally get that.
I swear, a girl gets caught once trying to paint carpet and gets no 2nd chances.

Well the DH, his father, and their family could use all the prayers and good thoughts you can send their way. Sometime between 4:30 - 6:30 AM this morning, my DH's father's father shot himself in the head. He had been on new medication and very paranoid as of lately, and he was convinced a doctor told him he had cancer (which the daughter that was in the room with him said the doctor never said he had cancer). After years and years of his father being drunk by 10 AM and calling him cussing him out, my fil was finally having the kind of relationship he always wanted with his dad. They even went Saturday and saw The Lone Ranger together. The fil's dad had even asked about them going to see a Texas Rangers game together (like we had talked about doing for Father's Day).
Oh my God, I am soooo sorry.
I just wish I could transport the four of us to WDW so we didn't have to deal with the real life junk, and our hardest decision would be "Dole Whip Float or Mickey Head Ice Cream Bar?"
Two short months and you'll be there. Sending lots of prayers for your whole family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Between the heat, and rain...the kids have spent more time indoors with the Wii than I'd like. Our big day trips are the library...today was haircut day for the girls!!! Tomorrow mani pedis!
Love that! Sounds like we have matching days! We were at the library on Sunday, had a movie day yesterdy and today I went out and bought some nail polish and a bunch of nail pens - wish us luck!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #1054
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Wookie: I'm sorry for all you guys are going through. I'm counting down the days to your vacation too. We need y'all and Jeanette to be magically transported there, pronto.

Jen: I'm sure the whining will happen eventually with this venture, too. I'd send you some sun but we're on short supply here! Lots of blech humidity though.

Heather: I'm gigglin' over your DIY adventures... and the GoPro comment! What is this ToT picture?! You're going to have to go and dig that up.

Jeanette: Is it still POR? Or is there a new ticker (which I can't see because I've got 'em blocked on this PC)?! (Ooooh yeah, I think the candy they gave out last year was a nice improvement over the previous year... lots of Nestle. )

Alysa: Oh MY! You're one TALENTED momma... with an absolutely gorgeous kiddo! Well done on both accounts! How long did the dress take to make?

Sheila: What request did you make at Poly? Was it Tahiti? I can't recall with all the Tokelau talk.

Koh: Speaking of, did you put in your longhouse request?

I_Heart: I'm in that same "nothing new to report" boat.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #1055
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Miss - I asked my TA to add Tokelau, beach end, 3rd floor balcony. :-) but I am just so excited to be back at the Poly since that is still my favorite vacation by far that we've done...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #1056
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Miss - I asked my TA to add Tokelau, beach end, 3rd floor balcony. :-) but I am just so excited to be back at the Poly since that is still my favorite vacation by far that we've done...
Perfection! We always stay in Tokelau 3rd floor, usually beach end, last time we watched the ferry cross the lagoon and the monorail glide out of the CR. we could also see the top of the WL - it even reflected in picture over the daybed...sigh... magical. Some of the 3rd floor rooms do have palm trees blocking the view (second floor can be a clearer view) but we love the third floor. Have you stayed in Tokelau before? If not, especially if on the third floor, be sure to walk toward the staircase at the beach end from the inside hallway ...it is a clear view of the Castle and that deck is a great spot to watch the fireworks and EWP.

Very excited for you!

Morning, RCers! Have a great Wednesday!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:37 AM   #1057
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

Perfection! We always stay in Tokelau 3rd floor, usually beach end, last time we watched the ferry cross the lagoon and the monorail glide out of the CR. we could also see the top of the WL - it even reflected in picture over the daybed...sigh... magical. Some of the 3rd floor rooms do have palm trees blocking the view (second floor can be a clearer view) but we love the third floor. Have you stayed in Tokelau before? If not, especially if on the third floor, be sure to walk toward the staircase at the beach end from the inside hallway ...it is a clear view of the Castle and that deck is a great spot to watch the fireworks and EWP.

Very excited for you!

Morning, RCers! Have a great Wednesday!
Thanks for the tip! We stayed in Rapa Nui last time we were at the Poly.
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #1058
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

We added a day!

It's my shameless ticker promo morning! According to my faithful ticker, 3 weeks from today we'll be arriving at WL (After 14 hours of driving - so we get there a day sooner - well, 16 hours actually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

Kook: Would your DD play "lightsabers" with Miss M? If so, we've got a deal ... well, except for that whole pesky distance thing. Love the sonic screwdriver. ... and the sparkly nails.
Of course! I'll have her bring along our Harrison Ford Star Wars LS-wearing autographed photo, (he was a close family friend).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I will try to photobomb Kook's email and janet too..they are much quicker posting my live TRs!!!
We need to get you an iPhone so we can message for free. (Please don't judge me for not having unlimited texting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
WDWKOOK Your daughter has a sonic screwdriver?!? I love her!!!

And Mulan is her favorite DP! When she's moody, I can send her right up to Toronto

You are quite the talented seamstress who has a most beautiful model

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

My reasons to visit WDW especially now that I am older are:

1 The Resort
2 The Food
3 Photographic Opportunities
4 Park Attractions
ITA - at any age

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just wanted to drop in and share a little slice of heaven with my RC family This is the view from our balcony...

I hope you're having a relaxing vacation - you deserve it.

Wookie: So sorry for yours and your DH's tragic loss
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #1059
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Quiet here....at least for now.

Quote:
Heather: I'm gigglin' over your DIY adventures... and the GoPro comment! What is this ToT picture?! You're going to have to go and dig that up.
A sad state of affairs it is! The bathroom actually turned out fairly well....I just don't have the patience or the time to stick this one out!!! And the kicker....the darn painter can't start until the end of next week!!! God help me! You've probably picked up on my somewhat anal tendencies so living in this mess of a house could possibly put me in the nut house!

On a happier note I'll have to find that ToT pic I feel certain that the GoPro will yield much better results for my trip footage! Perhaps you should invest in one so you can video Miss E's Exorcist impersonations...which by the way that pic is WAY too funny.

Quote:
All this Poly banter is making me second guess my villa decision!!! STOP the madness!!

Quote:
You're not helping, Christine... I've been looking at all my old Poly pics....got to stop!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
It's my shameless ticker promo morning! According to my ticker, 3 weeks from today we'll be arriving at WL (After 14 hours of driving - so we get there a day sooner - well, 16 hours actually
Banana dancing for you!!!! Or would you prefer my favorite dancer???

Quote:
We need to get you an iPhone so we can message for free. (Please don't judge me for not having unlimited texting)
No judging here......... (just got it myself when Stephen was added to our plan)

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #1060
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! We stayed in Rapa Nui last time we were at the Poly.
We tried Rapa Nui the year it opened but Tokelau has remained our favorite since our first stay in 1981 - back then there was no Tahiti or Rapa Nui...or paved walk to TTC. It was so pretty and peaceful...the Polynesian Village Resort. Capt Cooks was so much better - it felt like a beach hut...even had a screen door that slammed!! Those were the days. Of course, still love the Polynesian...it will always be home.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #1061
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay for Tokelau! We loved it there. I can't remember Krsytal, did you get your BOG reservation for dinner? There is a thread going that they opened up more reservations for July, maybe they would do the same for August? I will try to link the thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3138644
Old 07-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #1062
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Quiet here....at least for now.
A sad state of affairs it is! The bathroom actually turned out fairly well....I just don't have the patience or the time to stick this one out!!! And the kicker....the darn painter can't start until the end of next week!!! God help me! You've probably picked up on my somewhat anal tendencies so living in this mess of a house could possibly put me in the nut house!

On a happier note I'll have to find that ToT pic I feel certain that the GoPro will yield much better results for my trip footage! Perhaps you should invest in one so you can video Miss E's Exorcist impersonations...which by the way that pic is WAY too funny.

All this Poly banter is making me second guess my villa decision!!! STOP the madness!!
You're not helping, Christine... I've been looking at all my old Poly pics....got to stop!!!
Banana dancing for you!!!! Or would you prefer my favorite dancer???
No judging here......... (just got it myself when Stephen was added to our plan)
Quote:
We tried Rapa Nui the year it opened but Tokelau has remained our favorite since our first stay in 1981 - back then there was no Tahiti or Rapa Nui...or paved walk to TTC. It was so pretty and peaceful...the Polynesian Village Resort. Capt Cooks was so much better - it felt like a beach hut...even had a screen door that slammed!! Those were the days. Of course, still love the Polynesian...it will always be home.
GM All

Heather & Christine thanks for bring me back to my senses with all the Poly talk and the wonderful picture

I was innocently priceing out trips for March of 2014, CR and AKL then started thinking about changeing the Poly to AKL in November. I really do want to go back to AKL and Bob never been there but not sure if we can swing a March trip

Do I want to wait till next fall or maybe do a Trip again after Thanksgiving in 2014

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #1063
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The DH has finally came to the realization that I wasn't willing to cancel the timeshare thing. I think he wants to keep it as well, he's just using me as an excuse to not cancel.
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Not a bad excuse...whatever works, right????

I completely understand the overprotective of the DH stuff, my FIL's GF decided NOT to tell my DH when he died. Whether this was a final wish...who knows, however...DH found out through condolences from the Air Force, my poor DH will never have closure. The last fight was a doozy and involved the words "We're done, you are dead to me". My DH was justified in being angry, but trust this was one last punch in the gut from his father. I wish I could fix it...but I can't. Ugh, selfish stubborn...continued prayers for your DH and FIL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Sounds lovely I'm picturing something really awful...no offense Thank heavens for patient husbands!

It was just

Can't believe you remember that!! I had forgotten until you mentioned it... And just you wait until our next trip....Bill got a GoPro camera for Father's Day!! We're gonna strap that baby to his head and film the entire ride

AWESOME!!! I love the pics you do!!! Dunno why that one stuck will me, I was pretty impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
PAS: DS came home from work and said "work sucks!" LOL....welcome to the real world young man....he's been lucky and had a 2 yr break since graduating without me pushing him to do anything.....so now it's the real world and he'll just have to push through it and slowly get used to it.
Yep, he's got that right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Krystal, Sjs, Linda, Heather, Kim, Jeanette, i_heart - thank you all for the nice comments about the costume and my girl!

Love that! Sounds like we have matching days! We were at the library on Sunday, had a movie day yesterdy and today I went out and bought some nail polish and a bunch of nail pens - wish us luck!
It is a FAB costume!!!

My new hobby is facepainting, I am running out of excitement for the kiddos

Quote:
Jeanette: Is it still POR? Or is there a new ticker (which I can't see because I've got 'em blocked on this PC)?! (Ooooh yeah, I think the candy they gave out last year was a nice improvement over the previous year... lots of Nestle. )
Still POR, and SINGLE DIGITS!!!!

Quote:
It's my shameless ticker promo morning! According to my faithful ticker, 3 weeks from today we'll be arriving at WL (After 14 hours of driving - so we get there a day sooner - well, 16 hours actually)

We need to get you an iPhone so we can message for free. (Please don't judge me for not having unlimited texting
Judge you...NEVER!! Brian has an iPhone does that count??? I will have my laptop for homework...so easy peasy! And I'll have to hear Brian...are you going to text your computer friends the whole trip....YES!!!

I have to see exactly how much $ the difference between POR and CR GV is
Old 07-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #1064
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Boy, do I have a lot of catching up to do. Will have to wait till later though. Have to start getting ready, going to do some cross border shopping today to Bellingham. Trader Joes is calling my name, and the US Costco.

Yesterday I had physio, lunch with friends, mani pedi, then evening movies with girlfriends, did I say I love summers off? I could get used to this!!!
I saw The Lone Ranger and we all enjoyed it! So we give it a

Wookie for you and your family. When I was in my 20s a good friend committed suicide, even came to visit me the day before, and I never saw it coming. I did blame myself for a long time, before realizing it wasn't my fault.
I hope your husband doesn't go down that road. And he has you to help him get thru it.

Koh hope you love Tokelau as much as we did. Don't forget you can shortcut thru Raratonga to GCH, handy, esp if you get an afternoon shower!

to everyone else, will try to catch up later!! I'm off to the states!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #1065
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Happy humpday! We just got back from the dentist, and I have a couple of upset kiddos. For DD9 it is ortho app't time. She had two in between molar cavities, and the dentist also want to pull 4 baby teeth. Out hygenist is super cool though and recommended we get a consult with an ortho before getting any teeth pulled. So Friday we are seeing the ortho. DD9 is a wreck. Poor girl, why is it my most anxious one has the most teeth problems!! I wish we could take all these problems away for our kids with a wave of the wand!

DD7 wouldn't allow any x-rays and kept gagging and crying. I didn't expect that, she is usually my trooper. DD4 did fine with cleaning and x-rays and keeps telling them that.

I just keep trying to tell them we are lucky that we can get our teeth problems fixed, there are kids in other countries that cannot. And end up losing their teeth. Not sure how much of an impact that lecture is having though.

DH keeps emailing me about May 2014 dates now, and wants a 10 day trip then! WTH??? I have kind of let him know that 1 week is what is in our budget. It is like he doesn't even hear me sometimes. I would love to do a 10 day, we will see.

Jeanette: So close to your trip! So happy for you guys!

SueM: Have a great time shopping! I am jealous!

Sheila: What are you going to do? Are you keeping the POly for November? Inquiring minds want to know!

Hope you are all having a great day!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: