Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #1036
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi Heather....sorry to hear about your painting debacle!! What a headache! Some things are just impossible with kids in the mix.
An understatement All's good....I've got back-up coming in for reinforcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Where is that?? Gorgeous view!! I so miss the ocean!
Exactly my question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Your daughter is beautiful! Love the outfit .... talented mama!
No kidding!!! Great job, huh?!! And a beautiful daughter. Wish I could sew like that.

Quote:
Your pictures always make it look so inviting to be there!
One of these days I'm going to take a photography class....then retire and do some freelance work for Disney Let's say in like 20 years!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #1037
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
wookie I'm sorry your holiday wasn't as good as you hoped. I feel your pain about family letting you down.
Thank you. It's one thing when you disappoint me, but it's totally different when you disappoint my boys.

Quote:
Sorry I've been so far behind! I was working on this for my girl for the Halloween party and I've still got more to make so I wanted to get a good head start. Just finished tonight. One down, two or three to go!
You did an amazing job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning All!

I was going to attempt a multi-quote (learned from the best on this thread ) but just ain't gonna happen! Too much to quote....so I'll just start from scratch

Lots of Poly chit-chat going on So here's one for ya....early morning, of course.

Technically it's a view of CR, but taken from the beautiful Poly. JMHO, of course, but the Poly view is hard to beat at WDW....Cinderella Castle & the MK, the lake, the CR, the Grand Flo! What more could a Disney lover want??!! Can ya tell I'm a little partial to the MK resort area?? ....Disney nostalgia at it's best!
Beautiful pic!!

Quote:
Lots to do today!!! The tornado continues to hover throughout the downstairs....and the painting is an extremely slow process. DH came home yesterday and said...."looks great sweetheart...how bout we call a painter to finish up?" Music to my ears!!!! He could tell I was DONE!!! Actually, I'm going to do the laundry room today then let the professionals tackle the rest

Back to reading
Heather
I'm glad your DH offered to hire someone to finish the painting you want done. Mine has "grounded me for life" for painting. I swear, a girl gets caught once trying to paint carpet and gets no 2nd chances. At the time we were living in a mobile home, and I decided I want to paint the walls in the DSs room. The boys picked the shade of purple they liked. Since it was in a mobile home park, and their room was close to the street, I didn't want to open the window. I didn't want to feel like people were watching me. Plus I had the door shut so the fumes wouldn't be in the rest of the house. I was so goofy by the time the DH got home, I had painted all four walls, the back of the door into the room, the front of the closet door, the ceiling, and was just starting on the carpet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
wookie wow I thinks I need to go sit thru a Timeshare spiel, sounds like a win win especially with the free trips.
If you really want, just PM me your name and number and they'll call you and set up a time for you to come look at them. Don't worry, they'll keep calling until you schedule.....even if it take 4 or 5 calls a day....everyday until you schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just wanted to drop in and share a little slice of heaven with my RC family This is the view from our balcony...

Melissa
Beautiful!! I would love to be there right now. I just wish I could twitch my nose like Jeannie from I Dream of Jeannie.

Well the DH, his father, and their family could use all the prayers and good thoughts you can send their way. Sometime between 4:30 - 6:30 AM this morning, my DH's father's father shot himself in the head. He had been on new medication and very paranoid as of lately, and he was convinced a doctor told him he had cancer (which the daughter that was in the room with him said the doctor never said he had cancer). After years and years of his father being drunk by 10 AM and calling him cussing him out, my fil was finally having the kind of relationship he always wanted with his dad. They even went Saturday and saw The Lone Ranger together. The fil's dad had even asked about them going to see a Texas Rangers game together (like we had talked about doing for Father's Day).

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #1038
pas130
DIS Veteran

WookieOMG!!! I am so sorry to hear of this! Prayers for your family
Old 07-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #1039
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Oh, Wookie, how tragic. I am so sorry. Sending prayers and hugs your way.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #1040
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Wookie so sorry to hear this. Many positive thoughts and prayers to your family.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #1041
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Wookie: I'm so sorry. Hugs and thoughts headed your way.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #1042
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Wookie - SO sorry. Such a tragic turn of events. Thoughts and prayers for DH and the entire family.
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #1043
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear this...prayers with you all.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #1044
pas130
DIS Veteran

Some replys, hugs, and random thoughts...how about a change....

Wookie Kim, I HAD to give you another

Quote:
Hope everyone is having a good night, I am super stressed lately. Not good.
Ah well, maybe it is the weather, it seems to be constantly raining here this summer!
Oh Jen, I am sorry you are stressed. Between the heat, and rain...the kids have spent more time indoors with the Wii than I'd like. Our big day trips are the library...today was haircut day for the girls!!! Tomorrow mani pedis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
**sniff :*-( my baby boy's gone to work!! Just hoping he enjoys it and he slips into night shift mode without too much trouble! I sure wouldn't want those hours, but I'm thankful he's got a job and is getting experience -- baby steps

Jeanette - you are right, I remember wishing I hadn't given up my BWI reservation! My kids even didn't fall head over heels with the POLY - they still like AKL the best!!!
BWI is really the only resort left that piques my interest outside of AKL! If this time isn't the charm, then I'm done tempting fate, and it'll be AKL from here on out lol! BWI Dlx CL is still teetering in first place! It'll come down to budget in the end and I hope we can make it work
It's all good Marie!!! Both are neat-o IMHO...so how was Josh's first night?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Thanks. I don't think I'm going to let him cancel it. Since we just spent almost $600 on the brake job, and we have about $1,000 going out in bills this week, we didn't have the money for a big down payment. What they let us do is a "lay away" on the down payment. We have a year to pay off the $1,000 once we do, we can use that money (plus the $500 gift certificate they gave us) to put towards a deed membership. This will hopefully, help me reach my goal of a fabulous 20th wedding anniversary trip in July 2015.

Right now, for going and listening to their spiel, we have two trips. One is a 4 night cruise. The other is a 4 night stay at either Aruba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, or Oahu or Maui Hawaii (with each island having three hotel options).
Nice!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
___

Sorry I've been so far behind! I was working on this for my girl for the Halloween party and I've still got more to make so I wanted to get a good head start. Just finished tonight. One down, two or three to go!
WOW! You are amazing! Your DD is adorable!!

Quote:
Lots to do today!!! The tornado continues to hover throughout the downstairs....and the painting is an extremely slow process. DH came home yesterday and said...."looks great sweetheart...how bout we call a painter to finish up?" Music to my ears!!!! He could tell I was DONE!!! Actually, I'm going to do the laundry room today then let the professionals tackle the rest
Heather
Heather I attempted paint once in our old house. My bathroom looked like a bottle of Pepto exploded....my DH fixed it, and was at least thankful I took down the 20 year old wallpaper without damage. Now all house remodels go through him first...
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just wanted to drop in and share a little slice of heaven with my RC family This is the view from our balcony...

Melissa
Hi Melissa!!!! Miss ya

HeatherYou are a great teacher, but freelance Disney photographer sounds like the perfect job. I still crack up thinking of the pic you took going down ToT

And to all the busy Mommas....Kook, Janet, Sis....I am talking to you!!!

Miss and Sue I swore I had quotes in there for you ladies...ugh, sorry. Back to homework....I have 7 videos of So you think you can dance to watch and critique...love Dance appreciation class
Old 07-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #1045
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Yep .... I've discovered that over the years the resort has become more and more important to me. But I'm a strange one .... I have loved every Disney resort that I've stay at ... some more than others but I've enjoyed them all!

Now you're talking my language! I want to be there!!!!
Linda

I have never stayed in a Disney Resort I did not find something to like in fact even motels and Hotels I enjoy since growing up I never stayed in any until I got married.

Quote:
Thank you. It's one thing when you disappoint me, but it's totally different when you disappoint my boys.

You did an amazing job!!

Beautiful pic!!

I'm glad your DH offered to hire someone to finish the painting you want done. Mine has "grounded me for life" for painting. I swear, a girl gets caught once trying to paint carpet and gets no 2nd chances. At the time we were living in a mobile home, and I decided I want to paint the walls in the DSs room. The boys picked the shade of purple they liked. Since it was in a mobile home park, and their room was close to the street, I didn't want to open the window. I didn't want to feel like people were watching me. Plus I had the door shut so the fumes wouldn't be in the rest of the house. I was so goofy by the time the DH got home, I had painted all four walls, the back of the door into the room, the front of the closet door, the ceiling, and was just starting on the carpet.

If you really want, just PM me your name and number and they'll call you and set up a time for you to come look at them. Don't worry, they'll keep calling until you schedule.....even if it take 4 or 5 calls a day....everyday until you schedule.

Beautiful!! I would love to be there right now. I just wish I could twitch my nose like Jeannie from I Dream of Jeannie.

Well the DH, his father, and their family could use all the prayers and good thoughts you can send their way. Sometime between 4:30 - 6:30 AM this morning, my DH's father's father shot himself in the head. He had been on new medication and very paranoid as of lately, and he was convinced a doctor told him he had cancer (which the daughter that was in the room with him said the doctor never said he had cancer). After years and years of his father being drunk by 10 AM and calling him cussing him out, my fil was finally having the kind of relationship he always wanted with his dad. They even went Saturday and saw The Lone Ranger together. The fil's dad had even asked about them going to see a Texas Rangers game together (like we had talked about doing for Father's Day).
wookie I am so very sorry to hear about DH's Father's Father Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 07-09-2013 at 05:21 PM.
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #1046
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wookie: So so sorry to hear this! Keeping your family in my thoughts...hugs.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #1047
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

chimo2u - Good luck with your decision. Somehow I bet you will end up with CL I hope your DSs first night went well!

Koh - Yay for the poly! I echo the votes for Tokelau. It's definitely my favorite building after Hawaii!

Miss - Forgot to mention before, love the miss M pix. The exorcist comment had me LOL.

pas - I'm not seeing a ticker, but I know you have to be going soon, right? POR sounds perfect. I hope things are getting better for you.

eta - wait as I type this I see I might be outdated already.... WL CL? CSR BC? Spill it!!!!!

jenny - Love the pix! I cannot wait to get back to the Poly Sorry you have been stressed. I agree that the weather this summer has just been the worst.

wookie - The timeshare thing sounds interesting...

I am so sorry to hear about FIL's dad. I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts.

Alysa - Wow! That dress is awesome and what a cutie wearing it too!

hstrickland - Thanks for the poly pix! Glad to hear your going to get some help with painting. I'm about to tackle my family room, but we have this wall to wall entertainment center and I don't know if I should spend days taking it down or just cheat. Both options sound horrible actually

You should go for a photography class! I really thought you already were a pro. Your pix are always so perfect! You must be a natural

babyberger - I wanna be where YOU are! Gorgeous! Enjoy your trip

Well, there is nothing interesting to report here. Hi to everyone I missed
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #1048
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Nice!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
wookie - The timeshare thing sounds interesting...
The DH has finally came to the realization that I wasn't willing to cancel the timeshare thing. I think he wants to keep it as well, he's just using me as an excuse to not cancel.

Quote:
WookieOMG!!! I am so sorry to hear of this! Prayers for your family
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Oh, Wookie, how tragic. I am so sorry. Sending prayers and hugs your way.
Quote:
Wookie so sorry to hear this. Many positive thoughts and prayers to your family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wookie: I'm so sorry. Hugs and thoughts headed your way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
So sorry to hear this...prayers with you all.
Quote:
Wookie Kim, I HAD to give you another
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Linda
wookie I am so very sorry to hear about DH's Father Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers
Quote:
Wookie: So so sorry to hear this! Keeping your family in my thoughts...hugs.
Quote:
I am so sorry to hear about FIL's dad. I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts.
Thank you all so much. It has hit the family pretty hard. When we were first told about it, we were just told that he passed. It wasn't until about an hour after we were first told, that we were told how he died. It's just so senseless and has his children (and my DH) thinking it's their fault because they didn't see the signs and didn't stop it. Honestly ladies, right now I'm just ticked off. This man spent too much time in a bottle to be any kind of a grandfather to my DH, and he ends his own life, leaving my DH to feel guilty. I have the same Momma Bear instincts towards my DH that I do my DSs (as I'm sure y'all do). You know the, you hurt my kids (or DH), and heck hath no fury like what I'm going to do to you kind of instincts. I just wish I could transport the four of us to WDW so we didn't have to deal with the real life junk, and our hardest decision would be "Dole Whip Float or Mickey Head Ice Cream Bar?"

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #1049
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well the DH, his father, and their family could use all the prayers and good thoughts you can send their way.
So sorry to hear this Life can be really harsh sometimes. Know that we'll be sending prayers your way.

Quote:
Heather I attempted paint once in our old house. My bathroom looked like a bottle of Pepto exploded....my DH fixed it, and was at least thankful I took down the 20 year old wallpaper without damage. Now all house remodels go through him first...
Sounds lovely I'm picturing something really awful...no offense Thank heavens for patient husbands!

Quote:
HeatherYou are a great teacher, but freelance Disney photographer sounds like the perfect job. I still crack up thinking of the pic you took going down ToT
Can't believe you remember that!! I had forgotten until you mentioned it... And just you wait until our next trip....Bill got a GoPro camera for Father's Day!! We're gonna strap that baby to his head and film the entire ride

Quote:
hstrickland - Thanks for the poly pix! Glad to hear your going to get some help with painting. I'm about to tackle my family room, but we have this wall to wall entertainment center and I don't know if I should spend days taking it down or just cheat. Both options sound horrible actually
The painter came today to take a peek at my mess... And you make me laugh! This is the same conversation DH and I had about the piano....do we move it, or paint around it

Quote:
You should go for a photography class! I really thought you already were a pro. Your pix are always so perfect! You must be a natural
You're very kind...and give me too much credit. Photobucket helps a ton I wish I had my dad's knowledge of the camera settings and functions. I can pull off the creative framework, but have trouble when I need a specific setting for those hard to get shots. One day I'll have time to learn more...

Quote:
Well, there is nothing interesting to report here. Hi to everyone I missed
Not sure why this cracks me up but it does...I feel the same way. Guess when kids are involved, life is always interesting though

Sitting here at taekwondo waiting on the boys to finish up! Thank goodness for WiFi...and the DisBoards!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #1050
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Wookie... so tragic and senseless... sending prayers to you all

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: