Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #1021
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Howdy to my RCer fam jam!

Today's a good day DS21 (Josh) is finally stepping into the working world! His first shift is tonight....of course like momma bear, I'm still worrying about him,
Y'know -- like I hope he got enough sleep to make it through until 7am tomorrow morning! and I am wondering what to pack him to bring to eat, and if it'll be enough -- you know all the mamma-worry'in stuff!

I'm going to be busy myself for 3 weeks -- working full time. Just arrived at work today, and my Part time job share partner was here....I said "What ya doing here?" and she answers "oh, I'm covering for (the accountant)" well, no one had remembered to tell me the dates that I would be needed in reception full time while my partner was covering!!! oh well, I of course like a good employee said yes. I actually need the money, so it's no big deal when all is said and done.
I'm having a hard time budgeting right now, because all my money is going to pay off debt! I don't know how I'm going to get my $500/ month set aside for Disney -- I've only got 18 months to save!!! maybe I'll have to slow down on debt repayment and just spread it over a couple yrs instead of trying to get it all done in a year!!! It's causing me alot of stress, And I think it is too ambitious.

Talking of 18 months.....As you all know, I am looking at either AKL KIDANI with Deluxe Dining (hopefully/ as there is no club level at Kidani)

OR BWI DELUXE Room Club level

Now, my mind has been going towards BWI DLX with CL due to the location and the club level access. I'll have 2 teens with my (My DS17 and his GF (17) ) -- so I'd feel fine with letting them off on their own at BWI, it's a close hop to DHS, and Epcot -- two of their favourite parks. I love the look of the coaster slide -- looks so fun, and the whole boardwalk area jibe.

KIDANI 1 BDRM has its pulls too -- KING Bed, with a seperate door/ sleeping area!
2 bathrooms, laundry room in our villa, First picked up at the bus stop, Cool Pool, beautiful resort and nothing beats waking up to a giraffe in the morning! Deluxe dining opportunity (I'd do a lunch and a 2TS dinner most nights, I'm not a big breakfast eater and the snacks would be fine for a quick bite/bagel, etc....)

Sooooooo -- what do you all think would be best for us for our 2015 late January/ early Feb trip??

As a typical RCer my mind is doing circles about which area would be best for us!!
I'm open to your thoughts and could use your input my friends! Have you stayed at one or the other??? have a favourite??/ have a thought???
Share away!

Thanks!!
Marie: Good luck for your DS first night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Sending good thoughts for your DS!

I love BWI CL, although we had a magical 2 BR suite upgrade there so how could I not? The only negative thing I found with BWI was the looooong hallways. Even that is really no big deal at all. I love the vibe at the Boardwalk in the evenings, and you can't beat the location. The CL staff there is absolutely amazing. I'm pretty shy and I found them all very easy to talk to (which is saying a LOT for me ) and very helpful.

I'm trying a 1 BR at Kidani next month for the first time, so I'll be sure to fill you in on my impression.

To be honest, I'm pretty nervous about not having CL. Our last non CL stay was at the Poly over NYE and I missed it big time! Not for the food as that is easy to replace, but for the extra customer service that comes with having the CL CMs right there. We always seem to need something weird and they are always able to help.

Just a few off the top of my head at various CL's were a heating pad for my sick DS, a bowl of dry rice to fix the phone I dropped in the pool, a pump to fill the flat tire on my jogging stroller, a runner to go to Sci Fi at DHS to get DS a replacement souvenier cup that his little sis broke. The list goes on, but you get it. If you are not used to needing extra help, then I think that the basic things like extra space in the lounge and food can be easily replaced by a bigger room and Dlx Dining.

I'm blabbering now, but I hope this helps!
Iheart: I loved the personal service of the CL CM's too. They were awesome and ready to help with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
).

Jen: My expert friend! You've got your girls in dance class, right? What sorta shoes do they require them to wear? I'm busy buying stuff for Miss M's ballet class.
Miss: We are not doing dance anymore, they toyed with it for September but then we remembered how about half way through the year we got the "I don't want to go to dance!!". Very taxing to have to drag them there all year. And the end of the year $$$$ for recital costumes, recital tickets, recital DVD, and pictures is horrendous for the three of them. I know Basketlacey has her little ones in dance right?


Hope everyone is having a good night, I am super stressed lately. Not good.
Ah well, maybe it is the weather, it seems to be constantly raining here this summer!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #1022
chimo2u
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,677

**sniff :*-( my baby boy's gone to work!! Just hoping he enjoys it and he slips into night shift mode without too much trouble! I sure wouldn't want those hours, but I'm thankful he's got a job and is getting experience -- baby steps

Jeanette - you are right, I remember wishing I hadn't given up my BWI reservation! My kids even didn't fall head over heels with the POLY - they still like AKL the best!!!
BWI is really the only resort left that piques my interest outside of AKL! If this time isn't the charm, then I'm done tempting fate, and it'll be AKL from here on out lol! BWI Dlx CL is still teetering in first place! It'll come down to budget in the end and I hope we can make it work
__________________
Thanks Kook


Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #1023
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,943

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Howdy to my RCer fam jam!

Today's a good day DS21 (Josh) is finally stepping into the working world! His first shift is tonight....of course like momma bear, I'm still worrying about him,
Y'know -- like I hope he got enough sleep to make it through until 7am tomorrow morning! and I am wondering what to pack him to bring to eat, and if it'll be enough -- you know all the mamma-worry'in stuff!

I'm going to be busy myself for 3 weeks -- working full time. Just arrived at work today, and my Part time job share partner was here....I said "What ya doing here?" and she answers "oh, I'm covering for (the accountant)" well, no one had remembered to tell me the dates that I would be needed in reception full time while my partner was covering!!! oh well, I of course like a good employee said yes. I actually need the money, so it's no big deal when all is said and done.
I'm having a hard time budgeting right now, because all my money is going to pay off debt! I don't know how I'm going to get my $500/ month set aside for Disney -- I've only got 18 months to save!!! maybe I'll have to slow down on debt repayment and just spread it over a couple yrs instead of trying to get it all done in a year!!! It's causing me alot of stress, And I think it is too ambitious.
I hope he has a great night at work and you aren't up all night with worry and are able to get some sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Talking of 18 months.....As you all know, I am looking at either AKL KIDANI with Deluxe Dining (hopefully/ as there is no club level at Kidani)

OR BWI DELUXE Room Club level

Now, my mind has been going towards BWI DLX with CL due to the location and the club level access. I'll have 2 teens with my (My DS17 and his GF (17) ) -- so I'd feel fine with letting them off on their own at BWI, it's a close hop to DHS, and Epcot -- two of their favourite parks. I love the look of the coaster slide -- looks so fun, and the whole boardwalk area jibe.

KIDANI 1 BDRM has its pulls too -- KING Bed, with a seperate door/ sleeping area!
2 bathrooms, laundry room in our villa, First picked up at the bus stop, Cool Pool, beautiful resort and nothing beats waking up to a giraffe in the morning! Deluxe dining opportunity (I'd do a lunch and a 2TS dinner most nights, I'm not a big breakfast eater and the snacks would be fine for a quick bite/bagel, etc....)

Sooooooo -- what do you all think would be best for us for our 2015 late January/ early Feb trip??

As a typical RCer my mind is doing circles about which area would be best for us!!
I'm open to your thoughts and could use your input my friends! Have you stayed at one or the other??? have a favourite??/ have a thought???
Share away!

Thanks!!
Personally, I would do Kidani for the extra room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
24 days until Poly!!!! :-) it was decided for me since nothing was available at CR for all 8 nights. Which is fine because I definitely want to make use of the pools and beach there this trip and I do think the Poly might be a tad better for us in that regard.

Now onto online check-in!! :-)

Room requests? We have a SV booked. Want a balcony (not looking at the parking lot) and as close to transportation as possible. :-) I was thinking Tokelau since Tahiti is being refurbed right now and Rapa Nui hasn't been done yet.

So excited!! Now just need to tweak a couple of ADRs!! :-)
I'm sure you'll have a great time!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Just popping to share the Tokelau love! I am going to show the view from our SV view (again...sorry everybody I know I posted this before) this is for you Krystal!

Room #2912

Thank you for sharing the beautiful picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
**sniff :*-( my baby boy's gone to work!! Just hoping he enjoys it and he slips into night shift mode without too much trouble! I sure wouldn't want those hours, but I'm thankful he's got a job and is getting experience -- baby steps
I'm sure he'll be fine. Hopefully, he's a night-owl like my boys. Mine are keeping "vampire hours" right now (staying up all night, sleeping all day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
wookie Hope DH decides to keep the Timeshare, I was just reading that RCI is a good way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Don't be sorry Karma is awesome, isn't it?? Hope you get to keep the timeshare, it's a great way to stay at WDW!!!
Thanks. I don't think I'm going to let him cancel it. Since we just spent almost $600 on the brake job, and we have about $1,000 going out in bills this week, we didn't have the money for a big down payment. What they let us do is a "lay away" on the down payment. We have a year to pay off the $1,000 once we do, we can use that money (plus the $500 gift certificate they gave us) to put towards a deed membership. This will hopefully, help me reach my goal of a fabulous 20th wedding anniversary trip in July 2015.

Right now, for going and listening to their spiel, we have two trips. One is a 4 night cruise. The other is a 4 night stay at either Aruba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, or Oahu or Maui Hawaii (with each island having three hotel options).
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #1024
Alysa
DIS Veteran
 
Alysa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,184

Jenny, I'm sorry to hear about the stress with your mum.
Hope your trip is still fantastic!

Missoutandabout "The Day We Finally Got Freed of You Lunatics."
Hurrah for flights! That photo of your daughter is hysterical!

chimo2u Congratulations on the great news about your son's job!

wookie I'm sorry your holiday wasn't as good as you hoped. I feel your pain about family letting you down.

WDWKOOK Your daughter has a sonic screwdriver?!? I love her!!!

TT4Dis I am sorry you had to cancel your trip. 2014 will be amazing though!

Krystal, that bedroom looks amazing! And I love the bed too! So cute!

sjs314 Congrats on all your weight loss - you've done amazing so far! Don't lose hope!

WillowsHope you had a wonderful visit with your mum!

Sue Way to go with the physio - hope your knee is better soon!

___

Sorry I've been so far behind! I was working on this for my girl for the Halloween party and I've still got more to make so I wanted to get a good head start. Just finished tonight. One down, two or three to go!
__________________
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:35 AM   #1025
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Jenny, I'm sorry to hear about the stress with your mum.
Hope your trip is still fantastic!

Missoutandabout "The Day We Finally Got Freed of You Lunatics."
Hurrah for flights! That photo of your daughter is hysterical!

chimo2u Congratulations on the great news about your son's job!

wookie I'm sorry your holiday wasn't as good as you hoped. I feel your pain about family letting you down.

WDWKOOK Your daughter has a sonic screwdriver?!? I love her!!!

TT4Dis I am sorry you had to cancel your trip. 2014 will be amazing though!

Krystal, that bedroom looks amazing! And I love the bed too! So cute!

sjs314 Congrats on all your weight loss - you've done amazing so far! Don't lose hope!

WillowsHope you had a wonderful visit with your mum!

Sue Way to go with the physio - hope your knee is better soon!

___

Sorry I've been so far behind! I was working on this for my girl for the Halloween party and I've still got more to make so I wanted to get a good head start. Just finished tonight. One down, two or three to go!
Love the costume!! :-)
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #1026
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,249

Good Morning All!


I was going to attempt a multi-quote (learned from the best on this thread ) but just ain't gonna happen! Too much to quote....so I'll just start from scratch


Lots of Poly chit-chat going on So here's one for ya....early morning, of course.




Technically it's a view of CR, but taken from the beautiful Poly. JMHO, of course, but the Poly view is hard to beat at WDW....Cinderella Castle & the MK, the lake, the CR, the Grand Flo! What more could a Disney lover want??!! Can ya tell I'm a little partial to the MK resort area?? ....Disney nostalgia at it's best!

Lots to do today!!! The tornado continues to hover throughout the downstairs....and the painting is an extremely slow process. DH came home yesterday and said...."looks great sweetheart...how bout we call a painter to finish up?" Music to my ears!!!! He could tell I was DONE!!! Actually, I'm going to do the laundry room today then let the professionals tackle the rest

Back to reading
Heather
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #1027
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Thanks. I don't think I'm going to let him cancel it. Since we just spent almost $600 on the brake job, and we have about $1,000 going out in bills this week, we didn't have the money for a big down payment. What they let us do is a "lay away" on the down payment. We have a year to pay off the $1,000 once we do, we can use that money (plus the $500 gift certificate they gave us) to put towards a deed membership. This will hopefully, help me reach my goal of a fabulous 20th wedding anniversary trip in July 2015.

Right now, for going and listening to their spiel, we have two trips. One is a 4 night cruise. The other is a 4 night stay at either Aruba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, or Oahu or Maui Hawaii (with each island having three hotel options).
wookie wow I thinks I need to go sit thru a Timeshare spiel, sounds like a win win especially with the free trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Jenny, I'm sorry to hear about the stress with your mum.
Hope your trip is still fantastic!

Missoutandabout "The Day We Finally Got Freed of You Lunatics."
Hurrah for flights! That photo of your daughter is hysterical!

chimo2u Congratulations on the great news about your son's job!

wookie I'm sorry your holiday wasn't as good as you hoped. I feel your pain about family letting you down.

WDWKOOK Your daughter has a sonic screwdriver?!? I love her!!!

TT4Dis I am sorry you had to cancel your trip. 2014 will be amazing though!

Krystal, that bedroom looks amazing! And I love the bed too! So cute!

sjs314 Congrats on all your weight loss - you've done amazing so far! Don't lose hope!

WillowsHope you had a wonderful visit with your mum!

Sue Way to go with the physio - hope your knee is better soon!

___

Sorry I've been so far behind! I was working on this for my girl for the Halloween party and I've still got more to make so I wanted to get a good head start. Just finished tonight. One down, two or three to go!
Alysa your daughter is beautiful and great job on the costume!
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #1028
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning All!


I was going to attempt a multi-quote (learned from the best on this thread ) but just ain't gonna happen! Too much to quote....so I'll just start from scratch


Lots of Poly chit-chat going on So here's one for ya....early morning, of course.




Technically it's a view of CR, but taken from the beautiful Poly. JMHO, of course, but the Poly view is hard to beat at WDW....Cinderella Castle & the MK, the lake, the CR, the Grand Flo! What more could a Disney lover want??!! Can ya tell I'm a little partial to the MK resort area?? ....Disney nostalgia at it's best!

Lots to do today!!! The tornado continues to hover throughout the downstairs....and the painting is an extremely slow process. DH came home yesterday and said...."looks great sweetheart...how bout we call a painter to finish up?" Music to my ears!!!! He could tell I was DONE!!! Actually, I'm going to do the laundry room today then let the professionals tackle the rest

Back to reading
Heather
just the picture I needed to see this morning I can not wait to photograph the Poly Resort in November

My reasons to visit WDW especially now that I am older are:

1 The Resort
2 The Food
3 Photographic Opportunities
4 Park Attractions

Not as Humid here today so thinking about heading to the store maybe

Have a great day all.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #1029
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Just wanted to drop in and share a little slice of heaven with my RC family This is the view from our balcony...




Melissa
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #1030
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just wanted to drop in and share a little slice of heaven with my RC family This is the view from our balcony...




Melissa
Gorgeous Melissa! Miss u!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #1031
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,249

Very nice pic, Melissa!! Where are y'all? In Florida??

Shelia...love your #3

Morning, Jen!
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #1032
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Very nice pic, Melissa!! Where are y'all? In Florida??

Shelia...love your #3

Morning, Jen!
Hi Heather....sorry to hear about your painting debacle!! What a headache! Some things are just impossible with kids in the mix.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #1033
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just wanted to drop in and share a little slice of heaven with my RC family This is the view from our balcony...




Melissa
Where is that?? Gorgeous view!! I so miss the ocean!
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #1034
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Jenny, I'm sorry to hear about the stress with your mum.
Hope your trip is still fantastic!

Missoutandabout "The Day We Finally Got Freed of You Lunatics."
Hurrah for flights! That photo of your daughter is hysterical!

chimo2u Congratulations on the great news about your son's job!

wookie I'm sorry your holiday wasn't as good as you hoped. I feel your pain about family letting you down.

WDWKOOK Your daughter has a sonic screwdriver?!? I love her!!!

TT4Dis I am sorry you had to cancel your trip. 2014 will be amazing though!

Krystal, that bedroom looks amazing! And I love the bed too! So cute!

sjs314 Congrats on all your weight loss - you've done amazing so far! Don't lose hope!

WillowsHope you had a wonderful visit with your mum!

Sue Way to go with the physio - hope your knee is better soon!

___

Sorry I've been so far behind! I was working on this for my girl for the Halloween party and I've still got more to make so I wanted to get a good head start. Just finished tonight. One down, two or three to go!
Your daughter is beautiful! Love the outfit .... talented mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning All!


I was going to attempt a multi-quote (learned from the best on this thread ) but just ain't gonna happen! Too much to quote....so I'll just start from scratch


Lots of Poly chit-chat going on So here's one for ya....early morning, of course.




Technically it's a view of CR, but taken from the beautiful Poly. JMHO, of course, but the Poly view is hard to beat at WDW....Cinderella Castle & the MK, the lake, the CR, the Grand Flo! What more could a Disney lover want??!! Can ya tell I'm a little partial to the MK resort area?? ....Disney nostalgia at it's best!

Lots to do today!!! The tornado continues to hover throughout the downstairs....and the painting is an extremely slow process. DH came home yesterday and said...."looks great sweetheart...how bout we call a painter to finish up?" Music to my ears!!!! He could tell I was DONE!!! Actually, I'm going to do the laundry room today then let the professionals tackle the rest

Back to reading
Heather
Your pictures always make it look so inviting to be there!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #1035
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
just the picture I needed to see this morning I can not wait to photograph the Poly Resort in November

My reasons to visit WDW especially now that I am older are:

1 The Resort
2 The Food
3 Photographic Opportunities
4 Park Attractions

Not as Humid here today so thinking about heading to the store maybe

Have a great day all.
Yep .... I've discovered that over the years the resort has become more and more important to me. But I'm a strange one .... I have loved every Disney resort that I've stay at ... some more than others but I've enjoyed them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just wanted to drop in and share a little slice of heaven with my RC family This is the view from our balcony...




Melissa
Now you're talking my language! I want to be there!!!!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: