Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #1006
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Howdy to my RCer fam jam!

Today's a good day DS21 (Josh) is finally stepping into the working world! His first shift is tonight....of course like momma bear, I'm still worrying about him,
Y'know -- like I hope he got enough sleep to make it through until 7am tomorrow morning! and I am wondering what to pack him to bring to eat, and if it'll be enough -- you know all the mamma-worry'in stuff!

I'm going to be busy myself for 3 weeks -- working full time. Just arrived at work today, and my Part time job share partner was here....I said "What ya doing here?" and she answers "oh, I'm covering for (the accountant)" well, no one had remembered to tell me the dates that I would be needed in reception full time while my partner was covering!!! oh well, I of course like a good employee said yes. I actually need the money, so it's no big deal when all is said and done.
I'm having a hard time budgeting right now, because all my money is going to pay off debt! I don't know how I'm going to get my $500/ month set aside for Disney -- I've only got 18 months to save!!! maybe I'll have to slow down on debt repayment and just spread it over a couple yrs instead of trying to get it all done in a year!!! It's causing me alot of stress, And I think it is too ambitious.

Talking of 18 months.....As you all know, I am looking at either AKL KIDANI with Deluxe Dining (hopefully/ as there is no club level at Kidani)

OR BWI DELUXE Room Club level

Now, my mind has been going towards BWI DLX with CL due to the location and the club level access. I'll have 2 teens with my (My DS17 and his GF (17) ) -- so I'd feel fine with letting them off on their own at BWI, it's a close hop to DHS, and Epcot -- two of their favourite parks. I love the look of the coaster slide -- looks so fun, and the whole boardwalk area jibe.

KIDANI 1 BDRM has its pulls too -- KING Bed, with a seperate door/ sleeping area!
2 bathrooms, laundry room in our villa, First picked up at the bus stop, Cool Pool, beautiful resort and nothing beats waking up to a giraffe in the morning! Deluxe dining opportunity (I'd do a lunch and a 2TS dinner most nights, I'm not a big breakfast eater and the snacks would be fine for a quick bite/bagel, etc....)

Sooooooo -- what do you all think would be best for us for our 2015 late January/ early Feb trip??

As a typical RCer my mind is doing circles about which area would be best for us!!
I'm open to your thoughts and could use your input my friends! Have you stayed at one or the other??? have a favourite??/ have a thought???
Share away!

Thanks!!
Sending good thoughts for your DS!

I love BWI CL, although we had a magical 2 BR suite upgrade there so how could I not? The only negative thing I found with BWI was the looooong hallways. Even that is really no big deal at all. I love the vibe at the Boardwalk in the evenings, and you can't beat the location. The CL staff there is absolutely amazing. I'm pretty shy and I found them all very easy to talk to (which is saying a LOT for me ) and very helpful.

I'm trying a 1 BR at Kidani next month for the first time, so I'll be sure to fill you in on my impression.

To be honest, I'm pretty nervous about not having CL. Our last non CL stay was at the Poly over NYE and I missed it big time! Not for the food as that is easy to replace, but for the extra customer service that comes with having the CL CMs right there. We always seem to need something weird and they are always able to help.

Just a few off the top of my head at various CL's were a heating pad for my sick DS, a bowl of dry rice to fix the phone I dropped in the pool, a pump to fill the flat tire on my jogging stroller, a runner to go to Sci Fi at DHS to get DS a replacement souvenier cup that his little sis broke. The list goes on, but you get it. If you are not used to needing extra help, then I think that the basic things like extra space in the lounge and food can be easily replaced by a bigger room and Dlx Dining.

I'm blabbering now, but I hope this helps!
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #1007
chimo2u
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,677

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Sending good thoughts for your DS!

I love BWI CL, although we had a magical 2 BR suite upgrade there so how could I not? The only negative thing I found with BWI was the looooong hallways. Even that is really no big deal at all. I love the vibe at the Boardwalk in the evenings, and you can't beat the location. The CL staff there is absolutely amazing. I'm pretty shy and I found them all very easy to talk to (which is saying a LOT for me ) and very helpful.

I'm trying a 1 BR at Kidani next month for the first time, so I'll be sure to fill you in on my impression.

To be honest, I'm pretty nervous about not having CL. Our last non CL stay was at the Poly over NYE and I missed it big time! Not for the food as that is easy to replace, but for the extra customer service that comes with having the CL CMs right there. We always seem to need something weird and they are always able to help.

Just a few off the top of my head at various CL's were a heating pad for my sick DS, a bowl of dry rice to fix the phone I dropped in the pool, a pump to fill the flat tire on my jogging stroller, a runner to go to Sci Fi at DHS to get DS a replacement souvenier cup that his little sis broke. The list goes on, but you get it. If you are not used to needing extra help, then I think that the basic things like extra space in the lounge and food can be easily replaced by a bigger room and Dlx Dining.

I'm blabbering now, but I hope this helps!
No Worries! Blabber away! it's just the kind of things I need to hear to help me decide! I second what you say about the CL staff always being there....I love that little extra help and attention, and I really don't know how I'd feel about having a non-club level trip. I've become very dependent on it, and I LOVE it!! although with teens to feed, the unlimited soft drinks, and snacks are a big plus for me!! In all my stays (2 at AKL, 1 at BC and 1 at POLY), I've ALWAYS had club level..... and the more I talk about it, the more I don't want to not have it! I just love it. and now, talking to you about it, I may have just talked myself into knowing subconciously what I need on my trip!!! CLUB LEVEL

Thanks for your input, and I'd love for others to chime in too and let me know what you think! Also in addition to my DS17/ His GF, my DH will be coming on this trip to share it with us too! So I'll have my own park buddy

I really hope free dining is offered in Jan 2015!! It is the discount that's consistently been the best for me on my trips!!! fingers crossed I can make it happen

PS.... I can't wait to hear what you think of Kidani 1 BDRM

Marie
__________________
Thanks Kook


Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #1008
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
This is my attempt to catch up since I was MIA for double xp weekend on SW:tOR.....

I would love to have been in your backyard for that night.

I know I should probably feel bad about feeling this way, but some how I don't. Well you know what they say about karma, and luckily for me karma came and bit my sil early. In fact so early...well let me explain. The DH and I went Saturday night to a presentation on a timeshare. When we got home the nephew was there, and he didn't go home until today. Yesterday we all went to see The Lone Ranger. When we got home (the inlaws went to the store and we went straight home after the movie) we were locked out of the house. While waiting for the inlaws to let us in, I asked the nephew if he had a lot of fun at the Rick Springfield concert. He said, "we didn't go. My mom ended up having a sick tummy." My outside voice said, "oh I'm sorry, I hope she's feeling better" while my inside voice was yelling, "woo hoo!! that's what she gets for making my baby upset!!".

That is too cool!!

You got some really great stuff!!

She is normally such a super cutie, but this picture....well this picture makes me never want to make her (or our mad). She could star in some Asian horror movies (because let's face it, the Asian horror movies are far more terrifying than what we produce here in the States).

That is what JM wants for Christmas.

Congrats to your DS on the job!! He has been in my prayers and I have been meaning to ask you about it.

The beadboard looks amazing!! Plus I love all the penguins, which are my favorite animal.



That was what I was thinking. My DH just has it in his mind about how convenient it was on our last trip, but we were staying a full week then. I just needed some RC wisdom to be able to explain how wrong he is.



I would love to eat at V&A's. It is on my list of things to do when I can convince the DH to take a kidless trip again.

I couldn't book a Disney trip through a TA. I have too many control issues. When we can book an out-of-the-US trip, then I will insist on using a TA.

Grats on the weight loss. I need to do something, as my rear is getting way bigger than I want it to be.

I'm glad the knee is coming along so well. Hopefully, it will be where you want it for your WDW trip.
That's a hard one. The only thing I don't like about the Poly, is all of the rooms don't have balconies (I believe). If I'm going to drop that kind of money on a room, I want to be able to enjoy the balcony at the end of the night (or first thing in the morning while the guys are getting dressed). It is that reason alone that I would pick the CR.

I'm so sorry you had to cancel. We had to cancel a trip once. It was over the week of Mother's Day and I had gotten a dinner ADR at CRT for Mother's Day. When I decided to cancel, even though it was finally my decision to cancel, I made the DH make the call. I was crying so hard, the CM on the phone would have never understood a word I was saying.

I'm glad you are able to get some concrete number on Monday. The best medicine for having to cancel a WDW trip, is having another to plan for.




home!! I hope y'all had a great time at the lake.

Well this weekend, we mainly played on Star Wars: the Old Republic. We did go Sunday to see The Lone Ranger and to eat at Fuddruckers.

Satuday the DH and I went to a timeshare presentation. We ended up giving them $100. We're basically doing a lay-a-way on the down payment, but the DH is already thinking of cancelling it, but I don't want him to. It's called Silverleaf, and you can also use RCI locations (if we get the memebership that includes that). The thing is if we get the membership that includes RCI, for a small fee of $209 we could stay at a few places I know y'all have heard of like Bay Lake Towers, Animal Kingdom Villas, Boardwalk Inn Villas, The Villas at Wilderness Lodge (there were 7 WDW Villas listed, but I can't remember all of them). Oh and the place I want to stay at for our 20th wedding anniversary Disney's Aulani. I know of two people that use this company and love it. Hopefully, I can convince him to keep it.

ETA....
Wow, as behind as I was, I am really surprised that I could do it all in one post.
wookie Hope DH decides to keep the Timeshare, I was just reading that RCI is a good way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Howdy to my RCer fam jam!

Today's a good day DS21 (Josh) is finally stepping into the working world! His first shift is tonight....of course like momma bear, I'm still worrying about him,
Y'know -- like I hope he got enough sleep to make it through until 7am tomorrow morning! and I am wondering what to pack him to bring to eat, and if it'll be enough -- you know all the mamma-worry'in stuff!

I'm going to be busy myself for 3 weeks -- working full time. Just arrived at work today, and my Part time job share partner was here....I said "What ya doing here?" and she answers "oh, I'm covering for (the accountant)" well, no one had remembered to tell me the dates that I would be needed in reception full time while my partner was covering!!! oh well, I of course like a good employee said yes. I actually need the money, so it's no big deal when all is said and done.
I'm having a hard time budgeting right now, because all my money is going to pay off debt! I don't know how I'm going to get my $500/ month set aside for Disney -- I've only got 18 months to save!!! maybe I'll have to slow down on debt repayment and just spread it over a couple yrs instead of trying to get it all done in a year!!! It's causing me alot of stress, And I think it is too ambitious.

Talking of 18 months.....As you all know, I am looking at either AKL KIDANI with Deluxe Dining (hopefully/ as there is no club level at Kidani)

OR BWI DELUXE Room Club level

Now, my mind has been going towards BWI DLX with CL due to the location and the club level access. I'll have 2 teens with my (My DS17 and his GF (17) ) -- so I'd feel fine with letting them off on their own at BWI, it's a close hop to DHS, and Epcot -- two of their favourite parks. I love the look of the coaster slide -- looks so fun, and the whole boardwalk area jibe.

KIDANI 1 BDRM has its pulls too -- KING Bed, with a seperate door/ sleeping area!
2 bathrooms, laundry room in our villa, First picked up at the bus stop, Cool Pool, beautiful resort and nothing beats waking up to a giraffe in the morning! Deluxe dining opportunity (I'd do a lunch and a 2TS dinner most nights, I'm not a big breakfast eater and the snacks would be fine for a quick bite/bagel, etc....)

Sooooooo -- what do you all think would be best for us for our 2015 late January/ early Feb trip??

As a typical RCer my mind is doing circles about which area would be best for us!!
I'm open to your thoughts and could use your input my friends! Have you stayed at one or the other??? have a favourite??/ have a thought???
Share away!

Thanks!!
Marie Wishing DS good luck. My pick would be BWI Deluxe CL - location view and CL just perfect. I tried to justify booking that room but it is just too much $$$ when there are only two of us

I love AKL but BWI I think is a better choice
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 07-08-2013 at 05:35 PM.
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #1009
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,978

24 days until Poly!!!! :-) it was decided for me since nothing was available at CR for all 8 nights. Which is fine because I definitely want to make use of the pools and beach there this trip and I do think the Poly might be a tad better for us in that regard.

Now onto online check-in!! :-)

Room requests? We have a SV booked. Want a balcony (not looking at the parking lot) and as close to transportation as possible. :-) I was thinking Tokelau since Tahiti is being refurbed right now and Rapa Nui hasn't been done yet.

So excited!! Now just need to tweak a couple of ADRs!! :-)
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #1010
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Hello chicas! Wanted to do a check-in since I've missed so much.

Kook: Would your DD play "lightsabers" with Miss M? If so, we've got a deal ... well, except for that whole pesky distance thing. Love the sonic screwdriver. ... and the sparkly nails.

Jeanette: Where are you today, ol' pal? For the latest change back to POR... is that the Royal Rooms? They really did the right thing in placement of those rooms (closer to the main building).

Jen: My expert friend! You've got your girls in dance class, right? What sorta shoes do they require them to wear? I'm busy buying stuff for Miss M's ballet class.

Koh: LOVE the room! Well done. How did the unveiling go? My vote would go to CR, just for the walking to MK bit. That's the reason we were originally booked there. (Until we took the boat-trip over to The Boardwalk and realized how much we missed it over there.) Walking back from a party is a mega-perk methinks. Well, just walking anywhere and not having to wait for transportation is fa-bu-lous.

Sheila: Thanks for posting the September dessert party update over here. I'm still on the fence about going in October.

Sue: Glad the knee is improving!

Our Lovely, Bodacious Mistress of Dates: Whenever you pop on and have a spare second, I looked at our upcoming October trip and noticed my resort is out-of-date. We're at the BoardWalk Inn now (via CR, via BWV, dates unchanged. ) Thank you!

I_Heart: I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Kidani. The lobby was so nice over there. Very quiet, even compared to Jambo, which I thought was serene.

DetTigs: Welcome home!

Marie: Good luck to him on his first day.

Heather: Sorry about the tornado. Was the same one that ripped through our family room, I'd bet.

Linda: Congrats on the party booking! Now if only the site would stop being so borked.

Ginny & Christine:

Melissa: Your piccies have been GORGEOUS! Very om!

Candace: You've been going to lots of neat places, too.

Welcome and hello to our newest folks. We're here to enable all your wildest changing dreams.


~~==============================~~

For those that appreciated the "Fierce Miss M" pics: Thanks for the comments. Hope she didn't scare you too much.

I just got one of those Southwest "Your Trip is Around the Corner" emails. For a second there, I got very worried I had booked something I'd totally forgotten about. Mid-August is not "right around the corner" in my book.

Yesterday was a complete write-off. Today's been making up for it -- hubbo even stayed home from work to make up for yesterday's shambles. And, I got to check out some clearance stuff at Tar-j'ais.

Been thinking about our January stay. I don't have any clue where to book... Perhaps we should just wait on our BWI verdict before I make any decisions?
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #1011
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
24 days until Poly!!!! :-) it was decided for me since nothing was available at CR for all 8 nights. Which is fine because I definitely want to make use of the pools and beach there this trip and I do think the Poly might be a tad better for us in that regard.

Now onto online check-in!! :-)

Room requests? We have a SV booked. Want a balcony (not looking at the parking lot) and as close to transportation as possible. :-) I was thinking Tokelau since Tahiti is being refurbed right now and Rapa Nui hasn't been done yet.

So excited!! Now just need to tweak a couple of ADRs!! :-)
Tokelau was great when we stayed there. All the third floor rooms have balconies, second floor doesn't and first floors have patios.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #1012
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
24 days until Poly!!!! :-) it was decided for me since nothing was available at CR for all 8 nights. Which is fine because I definitely want to make use of the pools and beach there this trip and I do think the Poly might be a tad better for us in that regard.

Now onto online check-in!! :-)

Room requests? We have a SV booked. Want a balcony (not looking at the parking lot) and as close to transportation as possible. :-) I was thinking Tokelau since Tahiti is being refurbed right now and Rapa Nui hasn't been done yet.

So excited!! Now just need to tweak a couple of ADRs!! :-)
Just read the news on the Poly Thread We are requesting a first floor patio for the first time ever. I fell in love with the Fiji Longhouse after looking at tons of pictures.

Very Jealous of your 24 Days. I am at 118
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #1013
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Just read the news on the Poly Thread We are requesting a first floor patio for the first time ever. I fell in love with the Fiji Longhouse after looking at tons of pictures.

Very Jealous of your 24 Days. I am at 118
I will have to go check out Tikiman's site for pics and maps!! :-)
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #1014
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello chicas! Wanted to do a check-in since I've missed so much.

Kook: Would your DD play "lightsabers" with Miss M? If so, we've got a deal ... well, except for that whole pesky distance thing. Love the sonic screwdriver. ... and the sparkly nails.

Jeanette: Where are you today, ol' pal? For the latest change back to POR... is that the Royal Rooms? They really did the right thing in placement of those rooms (closer to the main building).

Jen: My expert friend! You've got your girls in dance class, right? What sorta shoes do they require them to wear? I'm busy buying stuff for Miss M's ballet class.

Koh: LOVE the room! Well done. How did the unveiling go? My vote would go to CR, just for the walking to MK bit. That's the reason we were originally booked there. (Until we took the boat-trip over to The Boardwalk and realized how much we missed it over there.) Walking back from a party is a mega-perk methinks. Well, just walking anywhere and not having to wait for transportation is fa-bu-lous.

Sheila: Thanks for posting the September dessert party update over here. I'm still on the fence about going in October.

Sue: Glad the knee is improving!

Our Lovely, Bodacious Mistress of Dates: Whenever you pop on and have a spare second, I looked at our upcoming October trip and noticed my resort is out-of-date. We're at the BoardWalk Inn now (via CR, via BWV, dates unchanged. ) Thank you!

I_Heart: I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Kidani. The lobby was so nice over there. Very quiet, even compared to Jambo, which I thought was serene.

DetTigs: Welcome home!

Marie: Good luck to him on his first day.

Heather: Sorry about the tornado. Was the same one that ripped through our family room, I'd bet.

Linda: Congrats on the party booking! Now if only the site would stop being so borked.

Ginny & Christine:

Melissa: Your piccies have been GORGEOUS! Very om!

Candace: You've been going to lots of neat places, too.

Welcome and hello to our newest folks. We're here to enable all your wildest changing dreams.


~~==============================~~

For those that appreciated the "Fierce Miss M" pics: Thanks for the comments. Hope she didn't scare you too much.

I just got one of those Southwest "Your Trip is Around the Corner" emails. For a second there, I got very worried I had booked something I'd totally forgotten about. Mid-August is not "right around the corner" in my book.

Yesterday was a complete write-off. Today's been making up for it -- hubbo even stayed home from work to make up for yesterday's shambles. And, I got to check out some clearance stuff at Tar-j'ais.

Been thinking about our January stay. I don't have any clue where to book... Perhaps we should just wait on our BWI verdict before I make any decisions?
Missoutandabout Originally when I booked the Poly I was not going to do the Dessert Party this trip but I decided I am going to book it, we still have 3 nights to watch from the Poly Beach.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #1015
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Missoutandabout Originally when I booked the Poly I was not going to do the Dessert Party this trip but I decided I am going to book it, we still have 3 nights to watch from the Poly Beach.
I'm still debating in my mind about the MNSSHP and the dessert party if they were to have one that night. We've got a BOG dinner reservation that evening too so the dessert party might be a bit much all in one night. I love me some sweet stuff though. I could be double-dog-dared into it.

Have you seen them from the Poly beach before? That was one of the BEST fireworks experiences we've had at Disney. We walked along the beach in front of the Tahiti longhouse and got one of those swinging benches. The rest of the beach was deserted down that way! (Couldn't believe it, really.) You and Bob are going to have such a great time.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #1016
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I'm still debating in my mind about the MNSSHP and the dessert party if they were to have one that night. We've got a BOG dinner reservation that evening too so the dessert party might be a bit much all in one night. I love me some sweet stuff though. I could be double-dog-dared into it.

Have you seen them from the Poly beach before? That was one of the BEST fireworks experiences we've had at Disney. We walked along the beach in front of the Tahiti longhouse and got one of those swinging benches. The rest of the beach was deserted down that way! (Couldn't believe it, really.) You and Bob are going to have such a great time.
No never have seen them from Poly Beach the night we did the Luau years ago I don't even think we knew you could go see them from the beach.

Watching them from the beach is one of the things I used to sell Bob on staying at the Poly.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #1017
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette I have never stayed at POR just POFQ in fact I watched the princess and the frog today and longed to go back to POFQ maybe one of these days
Love having the water launches to DTD, plus I have read so much about POR ( I was planning on staying there in 2010) lovely resort choice
Absolutely cannot beat the price Sheila. I was a little nervous about the size of the resort and getting a GV room, but I've had them break up the rooms to 5 and 2 so we can have the trundle...little Bri would love it! The boat to DTD is a bonus for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Very pretty!!
Thanks Nana Chrissy! I am getting excited! Our luggage rack, case whatever it's called will be delivered tomorrow..not that I pack ahead of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
um... prepared to be flamed...

can can i book 2 rooms for the same night?? i'm currently booked at AoA but would like that first night at the contemporary IF we can get free dining which would start our second night. Can I book that room to hold it just in case free dining comes out? Will disney allow me to have 2 rooms reserved for the same people??
Never a flame here! You could, but there is a risk of an auto cancel. You could take a chance and book a room in DHs name, and add on guests later if you decide to make the change. The good news is rooms for one night are easy to come by, and do open up all the time, So I wouldn't stress too much my dear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
jeanette POR is our fav moderate. Are you requesting AB or Mansion section? I love walking around the river paths, so pretty.
Love Bob Jackson show, the boat to DTD, horse & carriage rides, and the make your own pasta bar at food court is the best! In the morning it's an omelette bar.
One time we wandered over to the Fishing Hole just to look. Such a peaceful pretty spot, and the CM was a delight to speak to.
Omelettes YUM! I didn't request anything, because any room we get will be AWESOME. It really looks pretty, and we are only doing two park days so we are driving to the parks both days for pre rope drop ADRs, CRT and Akerhus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadyrose View Post

We have friends staying at the Poly who offered to watch our kids one night so hubby and I can go out. Now on arrival day...Victoria and Albert's, here we come!
to our happy place!! Those first night plans sound AMAZING!!!!! Lots of GF love here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Anyone know what's going on with the WDW Booking site this morning? No matter what dates I put in, only Swolphin comes up. Are they switching over to 2014 packages a bit early maybe? (Thought that was 10 July.) I was just trying to check rack rate availability for BLT/CR in August to get a sense if the military rate might be available if they are available at RR.
I logged in yesterday and a picture of CR popped up. I told DH it was a sign, he said it was a sign to stop changing the reservation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Same thing has been happening to me all morning, Kook. No matter what I try, Swan/Dolphin comes up.

Cadyrose, we absolutely LOVE the GF too - one of the bests trips ever! We had a problem at check in (very weird CM) and had to call the front desk for a room change as soon as we walked into the room - that CM was outstanding! I dropped off a note of thanks to her and one to the front desk manager on our way out that afternoon. The next day we found a gorgeous basket of GF goodies in our room with a card from Mickey and Minnie wishing us a wonderful stay. Very, very nice!

Funny though, I am one of the few who is not fond of the resort during the holidays. Prefer the warmth and peacefulness of the WL (always prefer GF rooms!).
LOVE GF But that WL lobby for the holidays...much much nicer. Different feel than GF, but for the holidays I want cozy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
We went the week after Thanksgiving last year and GF was 30% off, we were booked at BWI WV so a GV at GF was only something like $50 more for our dates. Like you the gingerbread house was calling to me but because of the construction going on at the time( Gasperilla's was closed) when Bob finally said go ahead and switch if you want I decided to stay with BWI plus I heard the Lobby is too busy with visitors at that time of the year.

I am going to show him what you said about the GF! Thanks!
Even when the lobby is busy, it's so expansive with the piano playing..you don't feel the hustle. It's just WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
We love the Grand, definately do not find it snooty. We even made a comment about that this week while we were standing on the balcony looking at the people. I have never felt out of place.
We were made to feel like royalty at the Grand.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Christine I am a tad worried about the Poly lobby so many visit for 'Ohana and Kona, Bob loves lobbies, I know wierd but has a lot to do with whether he likes the resort.
The lobby is not bad, up by Ohana's and Tambu Lounge tends to be busy for breakfast (9ish) and 5-7ish. DH and I had drinks up there around 11pm one trip and the place was quiet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I haven't been on much...Mom is here again and flying out to Texas tomorrow morning to spend time with her sister. So spending all my time with her! I have a lot of reading to do it seems....
Hi Sue!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Jeanette: Yay for POR again! I will need a review!.

Jen
I will try to photobomb Kook's email and janet too..they are much quicker posting my live TRs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Knee is coming along. Doing physio 2-3 times a week hope it will get me functional for August trip. I walked (slow) around the neighbourhood early this evening for about 45 min. Really sore by the end of walk. I think I'll be spending a lot if afternoons floating around SAB!! But I have hope it will be better in a month.
Floating in SAB...best PT ever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT4Dis View Post
Unfortunately, yesterday I cancelled our September trip for MNSSHP. We really want to go to the party but the reality is that $800 for 2 nights is a lot for us to spend. Plus, that $800 is a great deposit for next year.

Fortunately, while I was on the phone canceling, the CM confirmed that 2014 packages will release Wednesday so I will be able to play with concrete numbers in just two days.

Bring on the Disney math and have a happy Monday everyone!
Sorry you had to cancel, but YAY for more $ for 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hi Everyone!

Just stopping by for a quick hello! We've been out of town at the lake (no internet service) so I'm super behind to say the least. Lots of catching up to do! Hope to do that this afternoon in between painting breaks...my house looks like a tornado has traveled through....crazy!

Heather
Miss you Heather!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
Do any of you know if there is a chance a nemo suite for AoA would open up for a December weekend when they're currently all booked? We are in a Cars room, but my little ones (and husband!!) prefer Nemo. Right now, the first part of our trip is open in Nemo, but not the last few days. I'm considering booking the Nemo room for the first part of our trip and then switch over to Cars... just would have to drop the DDP for the last couple of days. Ideally, however, that Nemo room would open up for our last couple of days and we could just stay put for the week and extend our dining, mugs, etc. I have heard that once they're booked your chances are pretty nil.

Of course, if FD happens for December, we're completely switching resorts...
There is ALWAYS hope!! Trust me, some of us have switched the day before
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
The DH and I went Saturday night to a presentation on a timeshare. When we got home the nephew was there, and he didn't go home until today. Yesterday we all went to see The Lone Ranger. When we got home (the inlaws went to the store and we went straight home after the movie) we were locked out of the house. While waiting for the inlaws to let us in, I asked the nephew if he had a lot of fun at the Rick Springfield concert. He said, "we didn't go. My mom ended up having a sick tummy." My outside voice said, "oh I'm sorry, I hope she's feeling better" while my inside voice was yelling, "woo hoo!! that's what she gets for making my baby upset!!".
Don't be sorry Karma is awesome, isn't it?? Hope you get to keep the timeshare, it's a great way to stay at WDW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Today's a good day DS21 (Josh) is finally stepping into the working world! His first shift is tonight....of course like momma bear, I'm still worrying about him,
Y'know -- like I hope he got enough sleep to make it through until 7am tomorrow morning! and I am wondering what to pack him to bring to eat, and if it'll be enough -- you know all the mamma-worry'in stuff!
He's going to do great Marie!!! Pack snacks, eating is a great way to stay awake.

About the debt repayment, I think that your strategy sounds good...and although I don't always practice what I preach debt before Disney BWI CL may be cheaper with a discount than Kidani...the location of BWI is better, but the 1BR are LARGE!! Jan/Feb shouldn't be crowded so buses won't be bad. However, your dream was that Deluxe BWI room, and I remember you wishing you hadn't changed to Poly last trip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Sending good thoughts for your DS!

I love BWI CL, although we had a magical 2 BR suite upgrade there so how could I not? The only negative thing I found with BWI was the looooong hallways. Even that is really no big deal at all. I love the vibe at the Boardwalk in the evenings, and you can't beat the location.
Why do the Epcot resorts have those crazy long halls. Have I mentioned how many times we got lost at YC Kidani had those crazy halls too, but they didn't feel as confusing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
24 days until Poly!!!! :-) it was decided for me since nothing was available at CR for all 8 nights. Which is fine because I definitely want to make use of the pools and beach there this trip and I do think the Poly might be a tad better for us in that regard.
Definitely request that balcony!!! That's my only downfall about Poly, the second floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

Jeanette: Where are you today, ol' pal? For the latest change back to POR... is that the Royal Rooms? They really did the right thing in placement of those rooms (closer to the main building).
We did GV, to save a few $$$. I am getting a HUGE refund from WDW!! Too bad I spent some of it on more bathing suits and sandals for the girls... Had a fantabulous nap today, and feeling good my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Have you seen them from the Poly beach before? That was one of the BEST fireworks experiences we've had at Disney. We walked along the beach in front of the Tahiti longhouse and got one of those swinging benches. The rest of the beach was deserted down that way! (Couldn't believe it, really.) You and Bob are going to have such a great time.
We also watched them from the dock by the beach..NO ONE was there, everyone was ON the beach. With a drink in hand, sitting on a bench by the marina, I'll take it over Main street ANYDAY!! But I'd love to see Miss Tink fly overhead from the Tomorrowland Terrace
Remember the Halloween party has all those free Nestle goodies at the trick or treat spots!!!
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #1018
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
24 days until Poly!!!! :-) it was decided for me since nothing was available at CR for all 8 nights. Which is fine because I definitely want to make use of the pools and beach there this trip and I do think the Poly might be a tad better for us in that regard.

Now onto online check-in!! :-)

Room requests? We have a SV booked. Want a balcony (not looking at the parking lot) and as close to transportation as possible. :-) I was thinking Tokelau since Tahiti is being refurbed right now and Rapa Nui hasn't been done yet.

So excited!! Now just need to tweak a couple of ADRs!! :-)
we loved Tokelau. I asked for the beach end of the longhouse, upper floor. And that's exactly what we got. We faced Hawaii, but if we looked to the right we had a Seven seas view and could see the castle if we leaned out, lol plus, Tokelau rooms are a bit larger then the older longhouses.

We just went out the beach exit to go to main pool. And opposite end and cut thru Raratonga to get to GCH. You will have to post pics of the new rooms!
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #1019
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Just popping to share the Tokelau love! I am going to show the view from our SV view (again...sorry everybody I know I posted this before) this is for you Krystal!

Room #2912



It was lovely. The previous year we were similar location but ground floor, but didn't enjoy it as much as the foliage almost was creeping in our patio doors! I was a bit scared of the creepy crawlies!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #1020
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Just popping to share the Tokelau love! I am going to show the view from our SV view (again...sorry everybody I know I posted this before) this is for you Krystal!

Room #2912



It was lovely. The previous year we were similar location but ground floor, but didn't enjoy it as much as the foliage almost was creeping in our patio doors! I was a bit scared of the creepy crawlies!
LOVE this! I would SO like a view like this for SV. :-)
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: