Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #991
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Just booked the Dessert Party for our Sept trip!!!! Thank you so much to our own very dear Sheila for keeping that thread going!!!!
Glad when I saw you were able to get your date booked

I still have 2 loooooooooong months to wait

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #992
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Is anyone else having trouble with the Disney website. I was able to book the Dessert Party but now none of my reservations are showing up ....
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #993
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977

Top 5 reasons why? :-)
Walk to MK, love bay lake more than 7 seas, more compact, not as crazy, Cali grill. That said, I'm a grand girl first and then cr
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #994
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with the Disney website. I was able to book the Dessert Party but now none of my reservations are showing up ....
It was loading real slow for me earlier, my resort showed up but not my ADRs I then finally they showed up too

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #995
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Walk to MK, love bay lake more than 7 seas, more compact, not as crazy, Cali grill. That said, I'm a grand girl first and then cr

The Poly is crazier than CR? The couple of times we visited CR it was Very Loud and very busy, I thought the Poly was quieter since everyone discribes it as relaxing

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #996
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

To me it's just hustle and bustle at the contemporary...I'm there for a purpose not hanging out. If I'm sitting and relaxing its by the pool or beach. That's just me.
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 07-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #997
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
To me it's just hustle and bustle at the contemporary...I'm there for a purpose not hanging out. If I'm sitting and relaxing its by the pool or beach. That's just me.
It's funny since Bob always wanted to stay at CR and I reminded him how he hated that it was so noisey, he had said " I know but I want to stay there"

I booked it but ended up changeing, one of these days we may get there.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #998
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314

It's funny since Bob always wanted to stay at CR and I reminded him how he hated that it was so noisey, he had said " I know but I want to stay there"

I booked it but ended up changeing, one of these days we may get there.
Maybe if you could get a BLT studio...or even a garden wing room - 1st floor patio.
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 07-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #999
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Better beach - CR or Poly and why :-)

Trying to decide!!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #1000
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Better beach - CR or Poly and why :-)

Trying to decide!!
I like the Poly beach way better. You can see the castle and the tops of the mountains in the distance. Plus a straight ahead view of wishes at night!

Also, I find the zero entry end of the Poly pool is way more convenient for a toddler then the CR pool. The little splash zone at CR is pretty boring. Well, so is the one at the Poly, but at least the little one can swim there too.

Sitting on a lounger with a drink in hand gazing at the castle while DD digs in the sand is a little slice of heaven.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #1001
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

I like the Poly beach way better. You can see the castle and the tops of the mountains in the distance. Plus a straight ahead view of wishes at night!

Also, I find the zero entry end of the Poly pool is way more convenient for a toddler then the CR pool. The little splash zone at CR is pretty boring. Well, so is the one at the Poly, but at least the little one can swim there too.

Sitting on a lounger with a drink in hand gazing at the castle while DD digs in the sand is a little slice of heaven.
Does CR's pool not have zero entry?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #1002
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

I'm all about the lake...which is why I like the cr beach. Now, at the grand, I sit outside Gasparillas. My boys were small when we stayed at the Contemporary- they enjoyed the pool.
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 07-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #1003
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does CR's pool not have zero entry?
No. We do tons of pool time, so that's the biggest reason I won't be back there for awhile. Otherwise, it's great resort.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #1004
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

This is my attempt to catch up since I was MIA for double xp weekend on SW:tOR.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Whoa, that ol' Springfield gets AROUND. He's playing our local Rib Fest tomorrow night! (Slash is headlining tonight and Lynyrd Skynyrd on the 7th. We can hear it from our backyard so no need to go. )
I would love to have been in your backyard for that night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Sorry Wookie, I always hated it when relatives (cough...DH's family) would stand the kiddos up after they had been waitin at the window....literally. Not easy for them.
Quote:
Eep. I'm sorry she bailed, especially when he was looking forward to hanging out with his cousin. Will he get to see him some point soon-ish? How's your sunburn faring?
I know I should probably feel bad about feeling this way, but some how I don't. Well you know what they say about karma, and luckily for me karma came and bit my sil early. In fact so early...well let me explain. The DH and I went Saturday night to a presentation on a timeshare. When we got home the nephew was there, and he didn't go home until today. Yesterday we all went to see The Lone Ranger. When we got home (the inlaws went to the store and we went straight home after the movie) we were locked out of the house. While waiting for the inlaws to let us in, I asked the nephew if he had a lot of fun at the Rick Springfield concert. He said, "we didn't go. My mom ended up having a sick tummy." My outside voice said, "oh I'm sorry, I hope she's feeling better" while my inside voice was yelling, "woo hoo!! that's what she gets for making my baby upset!!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
DD needed a Brave "Deluxe Weapon" set with realistic sound! ($3.49!), an Oswald tumbler and Disney Nerd zippered cases, (can you tell she's not into princesses? But, now she wants a crown from Main Street, go figure.)

That is too cool!!

Quote:
Couldn't pass up 60% off (outlet prices) for everything

You got some really great stuff!!

Quote:

(And that picture explains why I sometimes imagine The Exorcist late at night!)
She is normally such a super cutie, but this picture....well this picture makes me never want to make her (or our mad). She could star in some Asian horror movies (because let's face it, the Asian horror movies are far more terrifying than what we produce here in the States).

Quote:
That is what JM wants for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
thanks for all the Congrats! Benefits kick in after his 3 months probation, but they have a wonderful benefits program so I am very thankful, as I cried the day he turned 21 and was off my benefits! I've worried about him for so long, I'm very happy he's got this new opportunity to get work experience and begin earning his own money! It's his first step towards independence and because it's night shift, it'll work well with the vehicles - he will be done work and have the car back by 7:30 am when I need to leave for work. He also has his weekends free, so it's a nice schedule for him, it'll take some getting used to working at night and sleeping in the day, but it's a full time job with full benefits, so you have to compromise sometimes
It feels good though that he's hired and he starts Monday night For SURE on time Kook :-)
Marie
Congrats to your DS on the job!! He has been in my prayers and I have been meaning to ask you about it.

Quote:
Wow! Quiet Friday night I guess...

DH and BIL put up beadboard in DS's room yesterday. I think it looks awesome. So proud of DH and so thankful for BIL's help!! :-)

The beadboard looks amazing!! Plus I love all the penguins, which are my favorite animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
How does a resort change work exactly? We may be doing a change or two. If we switch resorts will disney move our luggage for us?

Also, we are thinking of staying non-dining plan and not needing tickets before our first night. However, we need to get into parks for a pre rope drop ADR early the next morning. If our second stay will have the tickets and dining plan can we have access to all that already at 8am?!??? Not sure if this can possibly work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Probably not worth it for one night, again JMHO!!
That was what I was thinking. My DH just has it in his mind about how convenient it was on our last trip, but we were staying a full week then. I just needed some RC wisdom to be able to explain how wrong he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadyrose View Post
And I just have to say that I've seen this thread pop up often when I'm on the resort boards but on the mobile app, 96 pages is a lot to read! I am about 15-16 pages and realize that I don't have to be ashamed of my resort changing ways!

The first three trips, we picked a resort and stuck to it....

Then this last December trip came up and between August and September, I changed resorts....4 times...POFQ to WL to Poly CL to GF. I thought I was crazy to keep searching the deals but I now realize I'm not.

This trip we only switched once...Poly to GF. We only did GF for 3 nights in December and never really "stayed" on the grounds since we had 4 days to pack in as much holiday fun as possible (think Clark Griswold on vacation!) The kids are excited to go back though since we can now try the pools out and looks like beach access is back open.

We have friends staying at the Poly who offered to watch our kids one night so hubby and I can go out. Now on arrival day...Victoria and Albert's, here we come!

I would love to eat at V&A's. It is on my list of things to do when I can convince the DH to take a kidless trip again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Christine

I understand about not being 100% comfortable booking thru a TA. I been thinking if the deals for fall happen to cover my week ( not holding out hope) of booking then canceling with the TA but seems that might not work
I couldn't book a Disney trip through a TA. I have too many control issues. When we can book an out-of-the-US trip, then I will insist on using a TA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I seem to have hit a plateau with my weight loss, stuck at (-18.6lb) 217.4 now and I was hopeing to get down to 200 or less by my trip, but it is not looking good.

Hope All have a great Day !
Grats on the weight loss. I need to do something, as my rear is getting way bigger than I want it to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Knee is coming along. Doing physio 2-3 times a week hope it will get me functional for August trip. I walked (slow) around the neighbourhood early this evening for about 45 min. Really sore by the end of walk. I think I'll be spending a lot if afternoons floating around SAB!! But I have hope it will be better in a month.
I'm glad the knee is coming along so well. Hopefully, it will be where you want it for your WDW trip.

Quote:
I showed DH my prices (based on the current summer discount which is basically the same as the old one) and he actually asked how much it would be to do all 8 nights at the Poly! AND a BLV Tower room at the CR has opened up for all 8 nights as well! SO, I have my TA double checking price for both tomorrow and then I can ch-ch-change for the final time!! Can't go wrong with either one, BUT, pros/cons of each? Or Heather, have some pics of both to share? ;-)
That's a hard one. The only thing I don't like about the Poly, is all of the rooms don't have balconies (I believe). If I'm going to drop that kind of money on a room, I want to be able to enjoy the balcony at the end of the night (or first thing in the morning while the guys are getting dressed). It is that reason alone that I would pick the CR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT4Dis View Post
Unfortunately, yesterday I cancelled our September trip for MNSSHP. We really want to go to the party but the reality is that $800 for 2 nights is a lot for us to spend. Plus, that $800 is a great deposit for next year.

Fortunately, while I was on the phone canceling, the CM confirmed that 2014 packages will release Wednesday so I will be able to play with concrete numbers in just two days.

Bring on the Disney math and have a happy Monday everyone!
I'm so sorry you had to cancel. We had to cancel a trip once. It was over the week of Mother's Day and I had gotten a dinner ADR at CRT for Mother's Day. When I decided to cancel, even though it was finally my decision to cancel, I made the DH make the call. I was crying so hard, the CM on the phone would have never understood a word I was saying.

I'm glad you are able to get some concrete number on Monday. The best medicine for having to cancel a WDW trip, is having another to plan for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hi Everyone!

Just stopping by for a quick hello! We've been out of town at the lake (no internet service) so I'm super behind to say the least. Lots of catching up to do! Hope to do that this afternoon in between painting breaks...my house looks like a tornado has traveled through....crazy!

Heather
home!! I hope y'all had a great time at the lake.

Well this weekend, we mainly played on Star Wars: the Old Republic. We did go Sunday to see The Lone Ranger and to eat at Fuddruckers.

Satuday the DH and I went to a timeshare presentation. We ended up giving them $100. We're basically doing a lay-a-way on the down payment, but the DH is already thinking of cancelling it, but I don't want him to. It's called Silverleaf, and you can also use RCI locations (if we get the memebership that includes that). The thing is if we get the membership that includes RCI, for a small fee of $209 we could stay at a few places I know y'all have heard of like Bay Lake Towers, Animal Kingdom Villas, Boardwalk Inn Villas, The Villas at Wilderness Lodge (there were 7 WDW Villas listed, but I can't remember all of them). Oh and the place I want to stay at for our 20th wedding anniversary Disney's Aulani. I know of two people that use this company and love it. Hopefully, I can convince him to keep it.

ETA....
Wow, as behind as I was, I am really surprised that I could do it all in one post.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #1005
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Smile

Howdy to my RCer fam jam!

Today's a good day DS21 (Josh) is finally stepping into the working world! His first shift is tonight....of course like momma bear, I'm still worrying about him,
Y'know -- like I hope he got enough sleep to make it through until 7am tomorrow morning! and I am wondering what to pack him to bring to eat, and if it'll be enough -- you know all the mamma-worry'in stuff!

I'm going to be busy myself for 3 weeks -- working full time. Just arrived at work today, and my Part time job share partner was here....I said "What ya doing here?" and she answers "oh, I'm covering for (the accountant)" well, no one had remembered to tell me the dates that I would be needed in reception full time while my partner was covering!!! oh well, I of course like a good employee said yes. I actually need the money, so it's no big deal when all is said and done.
I'm having a hard time budgeting right now, because all my money is going to pay off debt! I don't know how I'm going to get my $500/ month set aside for Disney -- I've only got 18 months to save!!! maybe I'll have to slow down on debt repayment and just spread it over a couple yrs instead of trying to get it all done in a year!!! It's causing me alot of stress, And I think it is too ambitious.

Talking of 18 months.....As you all know, I am looking at either AKL KIDANI with Deluxe Dining (hopefully/ as there is no club level at Kidani)

OR BWI DELUXE Room Club level

Now, my mind has been going towards BWI DLX with CL due to the location and the club level access. I'll have 2 teens with my (My DS17 and his GF (17) ) -- so I'd feel fine with letting them off on their own at BWI, it's a close hop to DHS, and Epcot -- two of their favourite parks. I love the look of the coaster slide -- looks so fun, and the whole boardwalk area jibe.

KIDANI 1 BDRM has its pulls too -- KING Bed, with a seperate door/ sleeping area!
2 bathrooms, laundry room in our villa, First picked up at the bus stop, Cool Pool, beautiful resort and nothing beats waking up to a giraffe in the morning! Deluxe dining opportunity (I'd do a lunch and a 2TS dinner most nights, I'm not a big breakfast eater and the snacks would be fine for a quick bite/bagel, etc....)

Sooooooo -- what do you all think would be best for us for our 2015 late January/ early Feb trip??

As a typical RCer my mind is doing circles about which area would be best for us!!
I'm open to your thoughts and could use your input my friends! Have you stayed at one or the other??? have a favourite??/ have a thought???
Share away!

Thanks!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: