Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #976
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Wow! Quiet Friday night I guess...

DH and BIL put up beadboard in DS's room yesterday. I think it looks awesome. So proud of DH and so thankful for BIL's help!! :-)

:-/
I love the room Krystal! So darn cute! No boys over here so not used to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Love POR, it's our fav moderate.
SueM: I hope we love it too! BTW How is the knee these days??

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
How does a resort change work exactly? We may be doing a change or two. If we switch resorts will disney move our luggage for us?

Also, we are thinking of staying non-dining plan and not needing tickets before our first night. However, we need to get into parks for a pre rope drop ADR early the next morning. If our second stay will have the tickets and dining plan can we have access to all that already at 8am?!??? Not sure if this can possibly work.
Hi! And a big to our happy home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
Sorry - Nov. 29.

(Couldn't tell if this was a thread for summer trips or for thinking over the summer about upcoming trips. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

POR Garden View
Jeanette: Yay for POR again! I will need a review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Welcome to the flame free thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadyrose View Post
And I just have to say that I've seen this thread pop up often when I'm on the resort boards but on the mobile app, 96 pages is a lot to read! I am about 15-16 pages and realize that I don't have to be ashamed of my resort changing ways!
Cadyrose: Now chant "I will never be ashamed...I will never be ashamed!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadyrose View Post
It was truly the best trip yet. We were never made to feel out of place. The front desk service was wonderful and so accommodating. It was our daughter's birthday 2 days before we arrived. Mickey and Minnie left gifts of stuffed animals, balloons, coloring books, crayons and signed cards for both her and her brother in our first day. The next day she got ftom the GF staff a chocolate heart filled with homemade M&Ms delivered to our room (had to be home made cause they tasted 1000% better than regular ones!).

It was just really amazing and I learned how wrong I was in my thinking if GF...I'm a convert now. Not that I still won't try other resorts... Poly is still on our to do list as well as an Epcot deluxe but I would always go back to GF in a heartbeat if the deal was good.
Ooohh you make the GF sound so lovely!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
We love the Grand, definately do not find it snooty. We even made a comment about that this week while we were standing on the balcony looking at the people. I have never felt out of place.
You too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I haven't been on much...Mom is here again and flying out to Texas tomorrow morning to spend time with her sister. So spending all my time with her! I have a lot of reading to do it seems....
Hope you had a great visit with your mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Sheila, the lobby near Kona and Ohana can get busy at peak meal times but other times it is very peaceful and easy to find chairs facing the pool/lagoon to just sit and/or enjoy an adult beverage. The lower level has seating as well, but no view - although even the second floor view isn't all that to write home about. I love it and find many times when it isn't too busy...it's not lik the old days it s still pretty, peaceful and a million miles from the real world. Of course, most all resorts have lots of visitors these days anyway.
Christine: We found the same, other than the crowded mealtimes was busy, but otherwise it is a lovely relaxing lobby.

Hi to all!! Quiet night here....

Jen
Old 07-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #977
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Knee is coming along. Doing physio 2-3 times a week hope it will get me functional for August trip. I walked (slow) around the neighbourhood early this evening for about 45 min. Really sore by the end of walk. I think I'll be spending a lot if afternoons floating around SAB!! But I have hope it will be better in a month.

Koh what did the TA say? Good luck!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 03:46 AM   #978
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Knee is coming along. Doing physio 2-3 times a week hope it will get me functional for August trip. I walked (slow) around the neighbourhood early this evening for about 45 min. Really sore by the end of walk. I think I'll be spending a lot if afternoons floating around SAB!! But I have hope it will be better in a month.

And what's wrong with time spent floating around SAB?? Just what the doctor ordered, right?? ;-)

I showed DH my prices (based on the current summer discount which is basically the same as the old one) and he actually asked how much it would be to do all 8 nights at the Poly! AND a BLV Tower room at the CR has opened up for all 8 nights as well! SO, I have my TA double checking price for both tomorrow and then I can ch-ch-change for the final time!! Can't go wrong with either one, BUT, pros/cons of each? Or Heather, have some pics of both to share? ;-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #979
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Me? I pick CR over poly every time 😎
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #980
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Me? I pick CR over poly every time dde0e
Top 5 reasons why? :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 07-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #981
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Sue Happy to hear the knee is progressing nicely

Quote:
And what's wrong with time spent floating around SAB?? Just what the doctor ordered, right?? ;-)

I showed DH my prices (based on the current summer discount which is basically the same as the old one) and he actually asked how much it would be to do all 8 nights at the Poly! AND a BLV Tower room at the CR has opened up for all 8 nights as well! SO, I have my TA double checking price for both tomorrow and then I can ch-ch-change for the final time!! Can't go wrong with either one, BUT, pros/cons of each? Or Heather, have some pics of both to share? ;-)
Krystal BLT is another I like, almost booked it twice but I keep getting scared off due to everyone saying how small the studios are and 1 BDrms are a bit pricey for just 2 of us.

I'd probably go for the Poly if CR Tower was not available

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #982
TT4Dis
Mouseketeer

Unfortunately, yesterday I cancelled our September trip for MNSSHP. We really want to go to the party but the reality is that $800 for 2 nights is a lot for us to spend. Plus, that $800 is a great deposit for next year.

Fortunately, while I was on the phone canceling, the CM confirmed that 2014 packages will release Wednesday so I will be able to play with concrete numbers in just two days.

Bring on the Disney math and have a happy Monday everyone!

Nov 28-Dec 4, 2010 CR

June 7-16, 2012 Offsite
March 23-28, 2013 AoA LM
TT4Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #983
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT4Dis View Post
Unfortunately, yesterday I cancelled our September trip for MNSSHP. We really want to go to the party but the reality is that $800 for 2 nights is a lot for us to spend. Plus, that $800 is a great deposit for next year.

Fortunately, while I was on the phone canceling, the CM confirmed that 2014 packages will release Wednesday so I will be able to play with concrete numbers in just two days.

Sorry about cancelling the Sept trip but at least you can look forward to 2014. I know about financial reasons, due to work changes I am down about $600 per month over the summer. Lots of real life expenses have crept in on us. Boo. I even talked to DH again about cancelling the cruise portion of the trip. Thankfully, he was not upset and just reassured me we can make this work.

Amidst all this this I too will be looking at numbers for next year too! I am a sick individual.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #984
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

woohoo you get to keep the 8 nights!! Yay! I haven't stayed at BLT, but I love Poly!! Beautiful grounds, large rooms, great dining, both Kona & Ohana are Favs, plus you can get Dole Whip & Tonga Toast at Capt Cooks and there's just something magical about Bering able to see the castle from so many points while strolling around the grounds.
Plus they are renovating all the longhouses. So you'd get a new room. Tikiman pages prob has updates on renos. We loved Tokelau for a GV.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #985
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!

Just stopping by for a quick hello! We've been out of town at the lake (no internet service) so I'm super behind to say the least. Lots of catching up to do! Hope to do that this afternoon in between painting breaks...my house looks like a tornado has traveled through....crazy!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #986
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Dessert Party is Open to Book for September!

Anyone wanting to make a reservation for the TomorrowLand Terrace Dessert Party It is Available to book now for September

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #987
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Anyone wanting to make a reservation for the TomorrowLand Terrace Dessert Party It is Available to book now for September
Speaking of which, I get to keep the dessert party for our last night too!! Woohoo!!

If we do Poly, I'm thinking of requesting Tokelau 3rd floor with balcony?

If CR, it'll be a BLV in the main tower, so just request high floor I suppose?
Old 07-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #988
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT4Dis View Post

So sorry to read you had to cancel your trip, we had to cancel once and postpone another time, best medicine is to rebook ASAP

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #989
leannak
Mouseketeer

Question

Do any of you know if there is a chance a nemo suite for AoA would open up for a December weekend when they're currently all booked? We are in a Cars room, but my little ones (and husband!!) prefer Nemo. Right now, the first part of our trip is open in Nemo, but not the last few days. I'm considering booking the Nemo room for the first part of our trip and then switch over to Cars... just would have to drop the DDP for the last couple of days. Ideally, however, that Nemo room would open up for our last couple of days and we could just stay put for the week and extend our dining, mugs, etc. I have heard that once they're booked your chances are pretty nil.

Of course, if FD happens for December, we're completely switching resorts...
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #990
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Just booked the Dessert Party for our Sept trip!!!! Thank you so much to our own very dear Sheila for keeping that thread going!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: