Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #916
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! Jeanette well if you're not at BWI, I know you'll love AKL!
I'm partial to CL there though since its so economical to add on and we get our use out if it! I love the extra space to hang out in too....
I'm having a hard time deciding BWI deluxe CL or AKL Kidani 1 Bdrm for our Grad trip with DS and his GF in Jan 2015 -- the location of BWI is drawing me there but the washer dryer, extra bathroom, king bed and seperate bedroom is drawing me to Kidani!
I hope there's discounts too -- I usually get a good deal in January (free dining would be great) -- but I can see this trip being costly!
I'd think about DVC rental at Kidani, but I love my daily housekeeping!
Although if we're there for only 5 or 6 nights, I could pay for every other day housekeeping and make due with that!

Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #917
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

PS...some good news DS21 got the job!!!! He's a full time employee at Home Depot!!!!! Working night shift - 10pm to 6:30 am ! I'm so happy he was hired! It's full benefits too! Woohoo!!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #918
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
For the values, preferred isn't worth the extra. The values aren't too big IMHO, and I actually am looking at Sports with those fresh new rooms. I LOVE my value resorts!!! And the family loves the food courts!
When we stayed at the Pop, I loved the location of our preferred room, but then again we were there for an entire week. I just wasn't sure if it would be worth it for one night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I'd love to try a new resort too! (Hence the CBR/CR split) And part of me wants to try CR this trip because we won't be back for a few years it sounds like but part of me wants the extra day and the dessert party for the same reasons...originally, we were only going to do 6 days when we were at CR. Then when I changed to AKL, we made it 7 days. Then I snagged BOG, moved our dates back and changed us to CBR so we made it 8 days. I don't want it to be too long of a trip though. We're already doing a day at Sea World before Disney...
This is the main reason we are doing the AKL for this trip. I know we won't be back at WDW for a while, and I have been bugging the DH to try the AKL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Wookie I sure will let you know about the pizza. I love a good pizza so now I have to keep Pop, so I'll get out to try the pizza . It's true about not wanting to leave if I add on a day to GF!
Thank ya much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Aye, no bueno! It's Friday, so that's a bit bueno.
I know, right? I thought today was Thursday.

Quote:
After the gym, I will venture over to a very large outlet mall where upon I will search the Disney Outlet for a goody or two, (though I usually come out empty handed). But, they've just opened up a new Vera Bradley outlet

Great having an update from Deena!
I love Vera Bradley!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi Ladies, hope you all had a lovely independance day! I need some help here. My DM and DD watched the girls yesterday, we have arranged for them to watch them on MOndays and Thursdays while I go to work. My mom insisted upon this so that I didn't have to go back to working all evenings.
Well, she had DD9 in tears yesterday and so worked up after DH got home.

They were only here for 3 hours but she managed to convince DD9 that our eldest cat was DYING!! My mom has always been obsessed with death, negative things, sickness etc. She has not been feeling well, and can hardly walk without almost falling down, and she also cannot breathe right. She says she has pneumonia. Anyway, she told DD9 that the cat had lost weight, look at her eyes they look deathly, and she was not moving. Ummm...the cat was sleeping. I honestly thing she is starting to lose it, she is worse then ever. Very hard to be around.

The girls also said she was very snippy with them all. So, I was really upset. I grew up hearing my mom talk about death and dying all my life. It is kind of a theme, but I really don't want my girls to have to hear this. DD9 was hysterical last night.

I tried talking to her last night nicely about what happened but she denied everything and said DD9 made it all up. Then I asked if they were truly up to watching the kids while we went away and she said probably not. So I have looked into it and I will only lose $100 if we cancel with Jetblue.

So DH and I have decided to take them to Boston with us. But now the hotels are nearly all booked up, and we only have a couple of options. To stay in Medford at the Hyatt PLace which looks nice, has free breakfast, parking and is affordable. But far from the downtown and a 40 minute journey to Fenway Park by public transport.

Or the Hilton downtown Fanueil Hall. It is in the financial district, is pricey and the reviews are not great. But easier to get around with the kids to things. More direct. I would just have to figure out how to get there with the van!! any thoughts?

DH is not happy. Very annoyed in fact. But he wants to make this work now. Sorry for the novel. Ugh.

Jen
I'm so sorry you're losing your adults only weekend. I wouldn't want to leave my children with them either. I'm sure neither you, or your DH, would have a good time worrying about if your DDs were upset or not. My DH and I are so lucky in that we have two set of grandparents, that live within an hour of us, that are both willing to watch the boys for us.

Quote:
Have a great weekend, and thanks for the transportation encouragement. I did end up booking the Medford Hyatt. Just couldn't pass up the free parking, breakfast and a bed for everyone. So we are good for now. Here is what it looks like:

Leave Monday July 22, drive about 4 hours. Planning on stopping at Howe's Caverns. Drive on to Albany to hotel.

Tuesday: Wake up and head to American Girl Store , then onto Hyatt in Boston. Explore and dinner in the city!

Wednesday: city day, either duck tour, aquarium, childrens museum, shopping, DH wants to see Cheers. Ball game at night.

Thursday: Head to Newburyport for Whale watching, then head back to Albany hotel that night.

Friday: head home.

It sounds jam packed but I am hoping it all runs smoothly!
Sounds like a great trip!! I know it wasn't what you were looking forward to, but I'm sure it will be amazing just the same.

I know I would love to do a trip for our 20th wedding anniversary, just the DH and I, but I don't think that is going to happen. Unless we are able to take the DSs on a vacation that year, in addition to the one for our 20th, it won't happen. Our boys are getting so close to being out on their own, that he wants to make sure we do at least one family vacation with them each year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
So, we didn't do much of anything yesterday. Miss M was buggin' her daddy. all. day. long. since she missed out on bugging him for the previous 4 days. (Had to make up for lost time. Better him than me, I say. ) We put her to bed to get a few minutes of sanity time... but then the city's fireworks started and we had those pesky little "parent guilt pangs" so I ran upstairs to wake her up. She sat outside in her PJs being held by her daddy with the biggest grin on her face watching fireworks.
It sounds like a lot of your day was about as difficult as mine, but I'm glad it ended on a good note.

Quote:
As a side note, she doesn't like the flag we fly because it's "not the REAL flag" We have a 13 star "Betsy Ross" flag -- no offense to the other 37, of course. The real reason I chose it was I can't resist a little ribbin' of the hubbo on our patriotic days. Need to buy that guy a shirt to wear for next 4th, one that reads (Front, with a Union Jack)"We Celebrate Independence Day Too." (Back) "The Day We Finally Got Freed of You Lunatics." (He'd never wear it though ... and he loves all our holidays really. Especially getting to snuggle with his girl watching fireworks.)
That shirt would be too funny!!

Quote:
And, in no particular order...
Kookster, Wookster, Candace, Sheila, Lacey, Deena, Sue, Koh, Christine, BlueJasmine, Heather, Linda, Magic (Linda 2.0), Willow, Alysa... (if I missed you, my apologies! I blame the heat.) you ladies have a good one. Edit: Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!
It was a rough day around our house. My sil (the one I had gotten into an argument with) had told my mil that they were coming over for the 4th. Her son is JM's favorite cousin and they are more like brothers than just cousins. So, yesterday, JM kept asking me when his cousin would be at our house. I finally got sick of the question and told him to ask his mamaw and his uncle. This was when we found out that the sil had found out Rick Springfield was going to be in town, giving a concert, and she decided to go and take her son. Now I have this child, with mild ASD, that has been looking forward to his cousin coming over, and now he's not. I'm sure y'all know how well Autistic children do when sudden change, especially when it was something they had their heart set on...which goes about as well together as Rob Zombie trying to make a G movie for Disney. Only the fil's sisters came over, so we weren't as crowded. Luckily, the inlaws only bought about $150 in fireworks, so we weren't outside all night. Unfortunately, people around us were still popping them after midnight.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #919
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
PS...some good news DS21 got the job!!!! He's a full time employee at Home Depot!!!!! Working night shift - 10pm to 6:30 am ! I'm so happy he was hired! It's full benefits too! Woohoo!!!
CONGRATS to your son Marie! That is great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
When we stayed at the Pop, I loved the location of our preferred room, but then again we were there for an entire week. I just wasn't sure if it would be worth it for one night.

This is the main reason we are doing the AKL for this trip. I know we won't be back at WDW for a while, and I have been bugging the DH to try the AKL.

Thank ya much.

I know, right? I thought today was Thursday.

I love Vera Bradley!!

I'm so sorry you're losing your adults only weekend. I wouldn't want to leave my children with them either. I'm sure neither you, or your DH, would have a good time worrying about if your DDs were upset or not. My DH and I are so lucky in that we have two set of grandparents, that live within an hour of us, that are both willing to watch the boys for us.

Sounds like a great trip!! I know it wasn't what you were looking forward to, but I'm sure it will be amazing just the same.

I know I would love to do a trip for our 20th wedding anniversary, just the DH and I, but I don't think that is going to happen. Unless we are able to take the DSs on a vacation that year, in addition to the one for our 20th, it won't happen. Our boys are getting so close to being out on their own, that he wants to make sure we do at least one family vacation with them each year.

It sounds like a lot of your day was about as difficult as mine, but I'm glad it ended on a good note.

That shirt would be too funny!!

It was a rough day around our house. My sil (the one I had gotten into an argument with) had told my mil that they were coming over for the 4th. Her son is JM's favorite cousin and they are more like brothers than just cousins. So, yesterday, JM kept asking me when his cousin would be at our house. I finally got sick of the question and told him to ask his mamaw and his uncle. This was when we found out that the sil had found out Rick Springfield was going to be in town, giving a concert, and she decided to go and take her son. Now I have this child, with mild ASD, that has been looking forward to his cousin coming over, and now he's not. I'm sure y'all know how well Autistic children do when sudden change, especially when it was something they had their heart set on...which goes about as well together as Rob Zombie trying to make a G movie for Disney. Only the fil's sisters came over, so we weren't as crowded. Luckily, the inlaws only bought about $150 in fireworks, so we weren't outside all night. Unfortunately, people around us were still popping them after midnight.
Sorry Wookie, I always hated it when relatives (cough...DH's family) would stand the kiddos up after they had been waitin at the window....literally. Not easy for them.

Koh: do you have to book this pirate cruise in advance or can you do it at the resort? The girls would like this a lot!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #920
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats to your son, Marie!

Quote:
Eep. I'm sorry she bailed, especially when he was looking forward to hanging out with his cousin. Will he get to see him some point soon-ish? How's your sunburn faring?

Whoa, that ol' Springfield gets AROUND. He's playing our local Rib Fest tomorrow night! (Slash is headlining tonight and Lynyrd Skynyrd on the 7th. We can hear it from our backyard so no need to go. )
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #921
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

CONGRATS to your son Marie! That is great news!

Sorry Wookie, I always hated it when relatives (cough...DH's family) would stand the kiddos up after they had been waitin at the window....literally. Not easy for them.

Koh: do you have to book this pirate cruise in advance or can you do it at the resort? The girls would like this a lot!
Yes, congrats to your son!! :-)

I have it booked ahead of time, but I'm sure you could do it there. :-) DS6 did it last year at BC and LOVED it. One of the highlights of the trip. :-). Not doing Pirates League again this year, but figured he'd enjoy another pirate adventure cruise. :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #922
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Congrates to DS !

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #923
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Jennyjinx....oh, I meant that hubby is tired from his project....it's taken forever and why we have had to reschedule Disney so much! My wording wasn't exactly correct! He loves Disney and is all for adding as many days as I want.... but it's a slippery slope.........I am trying to behave...but I have 80 days to go....and you are gonna have so much fun in Boston...I love that place!!

Chimo2you....YAY, congrats on him getting the Home Depot job!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #924
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
OOOOOH Vera Bradley AND Disney Store
DD needed a Brave "Deluxe Weapon" set with realistic sound! ($3.49!), an Oswald tumbler and Disney Nerd zippered cases, (can you tell she's not into princesses? But, now she wants a crown from Main Street, go figure.)

Quote:
And, in no particular order...
Kookster, Wookster, Candace, Sheila, Lacey, Deena, Sue, Koh, Christine, BlueJasmine, Heather, Linda, Magic (Linda 2.0), Willow, Alysa... (if I missed you, my apologies! I blame the heat.) you ladies have a good one. Edit: Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!
That order works for me

Quote:
I love Vera Bradley!!
Couldn't pass up 60% off (outlet prices) for everything

Quote:
That sounds like the start of something great! Celebrate tonight, Mom! Just make sure he isn't late to work...
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #925
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DD needed a Brave "Deluxe Weapon" set with realistic sound! ($3.49!)
That looks familiar! The sound effects are funny. We had a ... uh ... Barbarian-Style Christmas, replete with authentic "fierce" holiday poses:

(And that picture explains why I sometimes imagine The Exorcist late at night!)

Quote:
Couldn't pass up 60% off (outlet prices) for everything
That is QUITE the haul!
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #926
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That looks familiar! The sound effects are funny. We had a ... uh ... Barbarian-Style Christmas, replete with authentic "fierce" holiday poses:

That is QUITE the haul!
Don't mess with Miss M!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #927
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

LOVE that photo! Attack! Her portfolio will be colorful. Since my DD is, umm, 14, it would be perfect if we lived closer and DD could babysit for your Warrior Princess. DD could bring over her Dr. Who Sonic Screwdriver

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #928
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Marie, I am so happy for you! Congrats to your son!! Full time, with benefits, woohoo indeed!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #929
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is QUITE the haul!
Miss--Very cute, creative! Love it!

Kook--You got some great Vera stuff!!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #930
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

thanks for all the Congrats! Benefits kick in after his 3 months probation, but they have a wonderful benefits program so I am very thankful, as I cried the day he turned 21 and was off my benefits! I've worried about him for so long, I'm very happy he's got this new opportunity to get work experience and begin earning his own money! It's his first step towards independence and because it's night shift, it'll work well with the vehicles - he will be done work and have the car back by 7:30 am when I need to leave for work. He also has his weekends free, so it's a nice schedule for him, it'll take some getting used to working at night and sleeping in the day, but it's a full time job with full benefits, so you have to compromise sometimes
It feels good though that he's hired and he starts Monday night For SURE on time Kook :-)
Marie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: