Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #901
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Oh, darn! I'm so sorry I missed the talk about your visit to Boston! It is my home and know it inside and out. . We lived in Cambridge when we moved to NC (not a fan of NC) walking distance to MIT and Harvard. Be still my heart. I lived on Beacon Hill and in Back Bay when I was younger...it is not only home, but home of my heart as well.

If I can be of help, please pm or message me on FB ... Sounds like a wonderful trip!!
Thanks Christine! I may take you up on that offer to pick your brain! does my plan sound doable then? Was looking at lobster places near where we are going whale watching and there seems to be a spot called Bob Lobster nearby. Looks pretty authentic, have you heard of it? I am going to look at the Legal Seafood menu too!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #902
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette I just had to stop by to say I love AKL and they have wonderful activities for the kiddos too. I love the Flamigoes too

We visited the cemetary then off to grocery shop and boy were you right it got HOT in fact I told Bob we have to start going at night of course little chance of that since he suffers from night blindness

Jenny Your trip sounds fun, we did Howe Caverns with the boys many years ago
Did you really? Aw, I hope it is fun, it looks really neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I love Boston!! The aquarium was fun, definitely didn't take a whole long time. Legal Seafood is awesome for dinner if you like seafood!! We loved walking around Harvard too. :-)
Going to check out the Legal Seafood menu right now! Good to know the aquarium won't take too long to check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Jenny sorry about your mom, it is very hard to watch them loose it, especially when your children are involved. My mom has Alzheimer's and a few years back, she was still in her condo (in Lauderdale) with aide support. We came to visit, staying with her. One night she came into the living room where my youngest DD was watching TV. I was down at the pool with other DD. mom came out telling my DD to get out, and why was she there, then locked herself in her bedroom. Totally freaked DD out. but the next morning mom came out and had no recollection of the previous evening.
So maybe your mom really doesn't remember what she did

We stayed at a Hyatt Place on I Drive, and liked it.

Jeanette we loved the AKL pool view. Love the resort.

Mousemommy have a great trip

wookie sounds like some good shopping.
Thanks Sue. So sorry about your DD's experience with your mom, how upsetting for her. It is just hard now knowing what is just getting older silliness and what is really concerning. Glad you enjoyed the Hyatt Place. Hope it is nice for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Time for a bit more of a reply...

Jen: Poor you and poor DD! Y'all will have lots of fun together though. (Hubbo and I don't even know what to do with ourselves when we have time off without the kiddo -- last time was our anniversary. We went out to a movie and had lunch whilst she was at school. Livin' the high life. ) So feel for ya. My parents aren't up to the task of watching Miss M. Not that they wouldn't do it if we needed to and we were actually living close enough, just my dad has no energy for it (lots of naps, etc.) and my mom's not really with it enough mentally though it's the smoking which is the real issue (a lot. ALL the time. to the point where it dictates how often she can be inside.) Blah. Anyway, you'll have to do a Boston review when you get back; would love to know what the girlies enjoyed most.

Jeanette: Back home where you belong. Ch-ch-changed AKL, huh? Well, you know how I feel

I adore that place. Hubs STILL talks about how nice it was there. Those activities for the kids are so cool. I'm all that I won't get my BWI review but I know we'll get the scoop on wherever the Pas Clan winds up.

Janet: Did you get your torture in? I'm still waiting for the mythical AC to get installed at our Y. It's as elusive as the Sasquatch, apparently.

~~====================~~

So, we didn't do much of anything yesterday. Miss M was buggin' her daddy. all. day. long. since she missed out on bugging him for the previous 4 days. (Had to make up for lost time. Better him than me, I say. ) We put her to bed to get a few minutes of sanity time... but then the city's fireworks started and we had those pesky little "parent guilt pangs" so I ran upstairs to wake her up. She sat outside in her PJs being held by her daddy with the biggest grin on her face watching fireworks.

As a side note, she doesn't like the flag we fly because it's "not the REAL flag" We have a 13 star "Betsy Ross" flag -- no offense to the other 37, of course. The real reason I chose it was I can't resist a little ribbin' of the hubbo on our patriotic days. Need to buy that guy a shirt to wear for next 4th, one that reads (Front, with a Union Jack)"We Celebrate Independence Day Too." (Back) "The Day We Finally Got Freed of You Lunatics." (He'd never wear it though ... and he loves all our holidays really. Especially getting to snuggle with his girl watching fireworks.)

Oh my latest DIS news... I booked our January flights a few days AGO! I guess we're going again!

And, in no particular order...
Kookster, Wookster, Candace, Sheila, Lacey, Deena, Sue, Koh, Christine, BlueJasmine, Heather, Linda, Magic (Linda 2.0), Willow, Alysa... (if I missed you, my apologies! I blame the heat.) you ladies have a good one. Edit: Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!
Yay for flights!! You guys are all set! Oh I loved the fireworks story on Daddy's lap. I too get those pangs of guilt and have roused them from their beds for stuff. What a good mommy. so sorry to hear about your Mothers smoking issues, what a worry that must be! I actually feel really bad for talking about her.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #903
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thanks Christine! I may take you up on that offer to pick your brain! does my plan sound doable then? Was looking at lobster places near where we are going whale watching and there seems to be a spot called Bob Lobster nearby. Looks pretty authentic, have you heard of it? I am going to look at the Legal Seafood menu too!
There are loads of places for "Lobsta" on the North Shore (Newburyport). I have a friend who lives there and will send her a note today. Best price and Lobsta in Newburyport especially? Are you going to Rockport? If driving up to New unreported it would be easy to stop in Rockport...one of my favorite places in MA, next to the Cape!

Legal is one of my all times faves...but, although very good, it is not the best...and very pricy....but there is several locations so it pretty easy to find one within a reasonable distance. My closest friend and I went to Legal for every occasion we could dream up. If you'll be going to Copley Sq, there is one right in the Prudential Center. Also one in Kendal Sq, Cambridge (by the way, Kendall Sq would be a great hotel location...there is a Marriott and Courtyard by Marriott ..a few others as well...).

Better stop...or I'll babble on and on!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #904
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Just had an idea!! 4 nights at CBR pirate room and 4 nights at POR Royal Room...pirates and princesses! Hmmm...ADRs might possibly need changed again, but it would definitely be doable! AND I wouldn't lose a night, nor the dessert party, and we'd still get to check out another resort...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #905
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There are loads of places for "Lobsta" on the North Shore (Newburyport). I have a friend who lives there and will send her a note today. Best price and Lobsta in Newburyport especially? Are you going to Rockport? If driving up to New unreported it would be easy to stop in Rockport...one of my favorite places in MA, next to the Cape!

Legal is one of my all times faves...but, although very good, it is not the best...and very pricy....but there is several locations so it pretty easy to find one within a reasonable distance. My closest friend and I went to Legal for every occasion we could dream up. If you'll be going to Copley Sq, there is one right in the Prudential Center. Also one in Kendal Sq, Cambridge (by the way, Kendall Sq would be a great hotel location...there is a Marriott and Courtyard by Marriott ..a few others as well...).

Ditto everything she said! Especially Rockport...beautiful!!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #906
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just had an idea!! 4 nights at CBR pirate room and 4 nights at POR Royal Room...pirates and princesses! Hmmm...ADRs might possibly need changed again, but it would definitely be doable! AND I wouldn't lose a night, nor the dessert party, and we'd still get to check out another resort...
Yes! That sounds fab! I like the theming of this trip of yours!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #907
Willows909
Mouseketeer

So....I added another night to our trip. Revised, Sept. 19th arrival....heading home on September 28th. Five nights AKL Pool view, and four nights WL CL......80 days! Here's hoping this one sticks! Hubby is tired! Perhaps we'll be able to sneak a beach getaway up here in NH at some point when this project is finally done! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #908
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes! More tips please! Rockport.....checking it out!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #909
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
So....I added another night to our trip. Revised, Sept. 19th arrival....heading home on September 28th. Five nights AKL Pool view, and four nights WL CL......80 days! Here's hoping this one sticks! Hubby is tired! Perhaps we'll be able to sneak a beach getaway up here in NH at some point when this project is finally done! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Yes my DH gets "tired" of all my changes too. Even though we were upset at the turn of events that led to this trip not being just us, he knows that secretly I am in my element now! I get to plan things all over again!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #910
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Sounds like a great plan to me and if a day or night at DTD is planned you have the water launch

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #911
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looooooooooooooooove POR! The Royal Rooms are flippin' CUTE! Love this idea. (Is that enough of an "enabling" reply? )

Jen: Don't feel bad. You weren't mean... and she upset the DDs -- and the two parents in the process.

We need that RC compound, ya know?
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #912
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Yes! That sounds fab! I like the theming of this trip of yours!
Thanks. :-) probably means I should scale back on the pirates stuff, maybe return a few things and get a few princess things for DD instead of all pirates... :-) Awesome!!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 07-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #913
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

By the way, the Royal Rooms -- whilst a tad girly -- aren't totally over-the-top princess. I think a little dude would be perfectly happy there.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #914
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Sounds like a great plan to me and if a day or night at DTD is planned you have the water launch
Definitely might have to flip a few things around with ADRs and planned park days, but I'm actually liking the idea as well...

Do you think afternoon breaks are doable if staying at CBR and POR? I want to make sure we get in pool time and some naps (mainly DS who otherwise would go until midnight and completely turn into mr. Grouch and/or sick by the end of the trip).
Old 07-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #915
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
By the way, the Royal Rooms -- whilst a tad girly -- aren't totally over-the-top princess. I think a little dude would be perfectly happy there.
DS will love it as well I think. (He probably plays with DD and her princess/girly toys as much as his cars and Avengers). :-)

Now the question is...do we do the pirate cruise at CBR or POR? Hmmm...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: