Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #871
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
My plan for today, we just had some Nathan's hotdogs, and I am working later. If it's not busy, I will be watching Macy's NYC fireworks from the waterfront...it pays to work EMS...I'll be missing my babies, but in 2 weeks I shall be watching the best fireworks in the world!
yum.... nathans hot dogs!! and don't forget the awesome fries!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Love you more than words can say
Pas you made me choke up... you know I feel the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
For the values, preferred isn't worth the extra. The values aren't too big IMHO, and I actually am looking at Sports with those fresh new rooms. I LOVE my value resorts!!! And the family loves the food courts!
Agree on the preferred issue .... and agree with the value offering great value and great fun! The food courts rock!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Hi everyone! Happy 4th!!! So we have now changed resorts again! This will be the last time b/c we are getting close to our 45 days..

Went from CR with room only code to Poly with free dining & saved $120! Lol

DH is happy this is his resort of choice!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
Congrats!! and I can add you to the RC list (in post 2) if you like!
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #872
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Going to have dinner at the in-laws then fireworks at the Capitol.
Sounds fun!! I love fireworks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So you'd think I'd take a day off of making changes, even if they are only in my head...but I am leaning toward upgrading our last 3 nights at CR - BLV tower room. In doing so, I would A) lose a day. B) have to give up the dessert party. And C) end up paying a bit more OOP myself to get some GCs for dining the last few days...but it's a gorgeous view at a monorail resort!

Aarghh wish I could decide!!
.
BLT would be fun, but giving up a day would be hard ( for me ).


Pas did you go to Coney Island for Nathan's? It was even on the canadian news about the hot dog eatting contest!
My physio is going ok, but having to do these sets of exercise 3x a day ugh.

Wookie I sure will let you know about the pizza. I love a good pizza so now I have to keep Pop, so I'll get out to try the pizza . It's true about not wanting to leave if I add on a day to GF!
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #873
basketlacey
DIS Veteran
 
basketlacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Sounds like a case for POR!!!
I have kicked around POR but I really want to do somewhere new. We could do Wilderness Cabins or AoA suites. I also thought about just flying in for a weekend and doing MNSSHP and a couple of nights at Poly or CR. but quite frankly! We spend $1200-$1500 to get down there, I want to at least stay 4-5 days. We will see. I keep saying maybe I will come by myself with the youngest!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Yikes! 2 years? yes, crack open a bottle of wine.... we need to rectify that!! Can we go with a smaller boat?? (like a rowboat? )

You Bob story sound like my life every day! one of the most annoyig things for me is getting to work to find out I left the laptop at work...so frustrating.

Everyone have a great 4th!!
Janet - I cackled out loud when I read your rowboat comment. I had to share with dh. He also cracked up - and then said, no lol. I am not waiting two years. This October will be my 5 th year in a row at F&W. I think that makes it a must do tradition, don't you?

I hate when I get to my office and realize I have or gotten my computer. I think I have done it 3 times. I park reach behind the seat and.... Cuss!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
DH is still trying to get me to leave the kids home for our trip
Thumbs up to dh! But my kids are none too happy with us!

Luv - we need a firework report! Love the cruise plans!

Happy 4th friends!
__________________
me dh dd15 ds13 dd10

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #874
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I have kicked around POR but I really want to do somewhere new. We could do Wilderness Cabins or AoA suites. I also thought about just flying in for a weekend and doing MNSSHP and a couple of nights at Poly or CR. but quite frankly! We spend $1200-$1500 to get down there, I want to at least stay 4-5 days. We will see. I keep saying maybe I will come by myself with the youngest!

Janet - I cackled out loud when I read your rowboat comment. I had to share with dh. He also cracked up - and then said, no lol. I am not waiting two years. This October will be my 5 th year in a row at F&W. I think that makes it a must do tradition, don't you?

I hate when I get to my office and realize I have or gotten my computer. I think I have done it 3 times. I park reach behind the seat and.... Cuss!!!

Thumbs up to dh! But my kids are none too happy with us!

Luv - we need a firework report! Love the cruise plans!

Happy 4th friends!
I end upf booked everywhere from AllStars to GF..there's truly no bad choice IMO IT'S WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Sounds fun!! I love fireworks!




Pas did you go to Coney Island for Nathan's? It was even on the canadian news about the hot dog eatting contest!
My physio is going ok, but having to do these sets of exercise 3x a day ugh.
DH grilled Nathan's dogs at home. It was relaxing! The contest, am I the only one who can't watch not much grosses me out.

You will love GF BTW, keep up the great work with PT, it must be tough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
yum.... nathans hot dogs!! and don't forget the awesome fries!!



Pas you made me choke up... you know I feel the same...



Agree on the preferred issue .... and agree with the value offering great value and great fun! The food courts rock!!



Congrats!! and I can add you to the RC list (in post 2) if you like!
It's true, you have been "the wind beneath my wings" and just amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I understand about the pricing of deluxe. Kinda in the same boat, but I'm trying to stay strong and stick with CBR the whole trip... :-/
We are open to the best deal, anywhere is good, but for US...we must try PBH CL Mind you, it's cheaper than a Poly SV room with a discount
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Hi everyone! Happy 4th!!! So we have now changed resorts again! This will be the last time b/c we are getting close to our 45 days..

Went from CR with room only code to Poly with free dining & saved $120! Lol

DH is happy this is his resort of choice!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
Great job!!! Poly and FD!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Mountains .... No internet ... Can't post much ... But did I see Dec flights?
Disney dreaming Mama..always

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Plenty of RC'ing going on in the Luv household for our 2nd anniversary in November! I know I've been MIA, so I can sum it all up in one post, lol!!
DEENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you! Welcome back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Just want to post how impressed I am with Jeanette. No matter what obstacles come her way, she always manages to gracefully shove them out of the way and make room for happier times. She is a true inspiration in showing us all how to move on and forward. Thank you my dear friend - you are the epitome of strength through adversity.





Love ridonculous and the idea of going back to POR. Are there any rooms that aren't villas or big suites where the entire Pas. family will fit? Would a CSR suite work or is it actually less to book two rooms? Speaking of Heather, how about a FWC?
Ok, I am crying. Thank you, you always know exactly what to say and how to say it. My dear sweet kook, you also amaze me...Superwoman...or Super Kookilicious. I may have some tweaks tomorrow! CSR 2 rooms is definitely cheaper than the Jr.suite. FWC, AS resorts, they are all on the table right now! And I make up silly words like that all the time I believe that one came out one day by accident...feel free to borrow, the catch phrase of the week is Aye, no bueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Awww....Pas, you are so good to me. I've missed you much, dear friend.

Hmm...if I may vote...NO to a DTD resort!!! Unless you mean POR...is BWI off the table now? What about WL back in the running? It has everything - MK resort, Brian will love it....price better than other deluxe...sounds like a great fit me moi.

Oh, surprises!! I am awful at keeping a surprise - I get so excited that I just must share!!

I miss our converted BWIfan .
I have priced everything out, 2 rooms, suites, FWC..too many choices. My brain hurts...LOL

You are and will always be one of the originals!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I am so over the top Happy to see all my RC friends posting away while I napped

I read through all the posts and possible changes, Jeanette & Krystal and my thoughts are CL or Not, more days or less days, value, mod or deluxe it is all Good! It's Disney or US or SeaWorld and much needed time with Family and Away from the real world!
Agreed Sheila

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Jeanette -- sooooo happy to see you still are here!!!! I had a feeling you'd be back, our home home is where our heart is....and all our hearts are right here with you!!!
I agree with you, and sheila, I think of our friend CR/BWI Fan often and miss his very knowledgable posts.....can't believe he won't be here to share his wisdom and many years of Disney experience anymore...it's a great loss

Jeanette -- I hope you don't change your BWI CL ressie, I'd so love your candid review of the resort/ CL experience! It is in first place running for my 2015 trip for the location/ and the overall feel of the area....I hope I can afford it, but if not, it will have to be AKL Kidani for us....I'm keeping fingers crossed I'll swing it somehow!!!
I am soooo missing WDW.....I dream about it and think about it daily!!! It's going to be torture to wait 18 months, I just wish I could get back sooner -- unfortunately that won't be the case with the distance/ and cost of airfare from Edmonton, Alberta -- this trip will be a good 10K for us, at least with all that we want to do -- Disney, definitely 3 days Universal, and I'd love to try one day at Busch Gardens! DH really wants to see the space centre, but I don't know if there's an economical way to add that on, it's alot of travelling about!
We shall see how it pans out!
I hope you keep your BWI reservation. I think it's a beautiful, quaint and whimsical resort -- it's charm keeps drawing me back every time I think about where to stay.

Love Ya!!!!
Love you too Marie I am planning another trip overhaul 2 weeks out...am I insane???Uh, YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
You put that so beautifully. That is why she is our Queen, our Obi-Wan of RC'ers.
I am simply over the moon with all the love!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
:-) yep!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Luv, thanks for the recap! and congrats on booking your first cruise! Enjoy the fireworks tonight!



Wookie, same back at you!



Perfectly stated Kook .. our Pas is a warrior, tough and resilent, yet soft, compassionate and vulnerable too.. and we love her.



What a wonderful gift you all have giving me for this glorious holiday. The love and support of my RC family. I cannot thank you enough for believing in me, and being the kind Disney souls you all are. And for accepting me and my resort obsessions! BESTEST PEEPS EVER!!!

Also a shout out to Miss E. , Heather, and Sis Dani!! Thanks for checking on me ladies!!
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:11 AM   #875
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I end upf booked everywhere from AllStars to GF..there's truly no bad choice IMO IT'S WDW

We are open to the best deal, anywhere is good, but for US...we must try PBH CL Mind you, it's cheaper than a Poly SV room with a discount
Great job!!! Poly and FD!!!!!
Very true!! Guess I am just a perfectionist and feel like everyone needs to have the closest to perfect vacation as possible.

CL cheaper than the Poly?? Too bad the kids aren't older. We'd definitely be doing US!! :-)
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:19 AM   #876
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Very true!! Guess I am just a perfectionist and feel like everyone needs to have the closest to perfect vacation as possible.

CL cheaper than the Poly?? Too bad the kids aren't older. We'd definitely be doing US!! :-)
Thats exactly the core mission , the most magically perfect trip. It's probably the root of most changes. A bad review, broken dryer in my case...and way too many great options
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #877
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,111

Aye, no bueno! It's Friday, so that's a bit bueno. Jeanette, as a RC enabler, though I love the concept of BWI for all of you, may I make a suggestion? Howzabout an AoA FS?! I'm really feeling that for you and La familia. But, I think they only sleep 6 so maybe that wouldn't work since you don't have one under 3 which means a FWC wouldn't work either? Are we back to two rooms or a two-bedroom villa then? What are you feeling today? But, don't comment until you've had some sleep.

After the gym, I will venture over to a very large outlet mall where upon I will search the Disney Outlet for a goody or two, (though I usually come out empty handed). But, they've just opened up a new Vera Bradley outlet

Great having an update from Deena!
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:11 AM   #878
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,693

Good Morning, RC family!

Today is going to be one of those days that feels like it should be a weekend, but Sophia and I will be out and about spending the day together as always. . After Rosie's VET check up, I am thinking a trip to the brand new little Aquarium might be just right today - ah, but the question is...will it be more crowded due to the holiday yesterday or less because more folks will be away for the long weekend? Decisions, decisions...

Jeannette, I am excited to learn what your resort decision will be today! Have you considered CR GW - or is the snack room a must? Silly me, I am sure you have considered every possibility...I do it all in my head because it would likely drive people around me NUTS - so it is fantastically fun (whatever that means lol) to ride along with your changes. Feel free to text the latest!!.

Have a delightful Friday after the holiday, RCers!
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #879
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,772

You know what I don't understand... RO has always made deluxes cheaper for us but for some reason FD is cheaper! I priced it out 3 times for myself b/c I couldn't believe it!

Did it for a client as well and it was cheaper

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:37 AM   #880
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Very true!! Guess I am just a perfectionist and feel like everyone needs to have the closest to perfect vacation as possible.

CL cheaper than the Poly?? Too bad the kids aren't older. We'd definitely be doing US!! :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Thats exactly the core mission , the most magically perfect trip. It's probably the root of most changes. A bad review, broken dryer in my case...and way too many great options

Ahh the "perfect vacation"

Hi So I been over reading about the 4th of July crowds at the Poly and although I always wanted to visit Disney for the 4th( won't now do to the H&H) I do know the resort Not to stay at
Goodness the picture someone posted of the people standing in front of their patio was crazy

I have to run out to do some grocery shopping, I want to get over to the cemetary too as I never did get there Wednesday it got just too awful hot out!
I bought pinwheels and flags to put on Jay's grave for the Holiday and missed it.

Deena Congrates on booking your first cruise!

BBL to catch up on all the latest RC taking place.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #881
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
You know what I don't understand... RO has always made deluxes cheaper for us but for some reason FD is cheaper! I priced it out 3 times for myself b/c I couldn't believe it!

Did it for a client as well and it was cheaper

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
It has always been that a RO for us (only 2 Adults) at a Deluxe was cheaper than FD too, but maybe FD is a better deal now that the DP is so much? The latest increase of the DP on 6/19 is just crazy high!

Plus the RO discounts are not as good as they once were!
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #882
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Good Morning, RC family!

Today is going to be one of those days that feels like it should be a weekend, but Sophia and I will be out and about spending the day together as always. . After Rosie's VET check up, I am thinking a trip to the brand new little Aquarium might be just right today - ah, but the question is...will it be more crowded due to the holiday yesterday or less because more folks will be away for the long weekend? Decisions, decisions...

Jeannette, I am excited to learn what your resort decision will be today! Have you considered CR GW - or is the snack room a must? Silly me, I am sure you have considered every possibility...I do it all in my head because it would likely drive people around me NUTS - so it is fantastically fun (whatever that means lol) to ride along with your changes. Feel free to text the latest!!.

Have a delightful Friday after the holiday, RCers!
Christine Have a wonderful day with Sophia!
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #883
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Hi Ladies, hope you all had a lovely independance day! I need some help here. My DM and DD watched the girls yesterday, we have arranged for them to watch them on MOndays and Thursdays while I go to work. My mom insisted upon this so that I didn't have to go back to working all evenings.
Well, she had DD9 in tears yesterday and so worked up after DH got home.

They were only here for 3 hours but she managed to convince DD9 that our eldest cat was DYING!! My mom has always been obsessed with death, negative things, sickness etc. She has not been feeling well, and can hardly walk without almost falling down, and she also cannot breathe right. She says she has pneumonia. Anyway, she told DD9 that the cat had lost weight, look at her eyes they look deathly, and she was not moving. Ummm...the cat was sleeping. I honestly thing she is starting to lose it, she is worse then ever. Very hard to be around.

The girls also said she was very snippy with them all. So, I was really upset. I grew up hearing my mom talk about death and dying all my life. It is kind of a theme, but I really don't want my girls to have to hear this. DD9 was hysterical last night.

I tried talking to her last night nicely about what happened but she denied everything and said DD9 made it all up. Then I asked if they were truly up to watching the kids while we went away and she said probably not. So I have looked into it and I will only lose $100 if we cancel with Jetblue.

So DH and I have decided to take them to Boston with us. But now the hotels are nearly all booked up, and we only have a couple of options. To stay in Medford at the Hyatt PLace which looks nice, has free breakfast, parking and is affordable. But far from the downtown and a 40 minute journey to Fenway Park by public transport.

Or the Hilton downtown Fanueil Hall. It is in the financial district, is pricey and the reviews are not great. But easier to get around with the kids to things. More direct. I would just have to figure out how to get there with the van!! any thoughts?

DH is not happy. Very annoyed in fact. But he wants to make this work now. Sorry for the novel. Ugh.

Jen
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #884
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Aye, no bueno! It's Friday, so that's a bit bueno. Jeanette, as a RC enabler, though I love the concept of BWI for all of you, may I make a suggestion? Howzabout an AoA FS?! I'm really feeling that for you and La familia. But, I think they only sleep 6 so maybe that wouldn't work since you don't have one under 3 which means a FWC wouldn't work either? Are we back to two rooms or a two-bedroom villa then? What are you feeling today? But, don't comment until you've had some sleep.

After the gym, I will venture over to a very large outlet mall where upon I will search the Disney Outlet for a goody or two, (though I usually come out empty handed). But, they've just opened up a new Vera Bradley outlet

Great having an update from Deena!
OOOOOH Vera Bradley AND Disney Store

I teetered with the suite idea...but I've made a ch-ch-change......

AKL Pool View
I had some help from HRH of course AKL is the perfect resort for us (WL was the other choice) but for my future vet. And our favorite pool Flamingoes. And a great price!!!! 3 nights then Portofino 4 nights, this will be the CL splurge...

Sleep, no sleep...I do my best work tired. I caught a good 5 hour nap at work last night!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Good Morning, RC family!

Today is going to be one of those days that feels like it should be a weekend, but Sophia and I will be out and about spending the day together as always. . After Rosie's VET check up, I am thinking a trip to the brand new little Aquarium might be just right today - ah, but the question is...will it be more crowded due to the holiday yesterday or less because more folks will be away for the long weekend? Decisions, decisions...

Jeannette, I am excited to learn what your resort decision will be today! Have you considered CR GW - or is the snack room a must? Silly me, I am sure you have considered every possibility...I do it all in my head because it would likely drive people around me NUTS - so it is fantastically fun (whatever that means lol) to ride along with your changes. Feel free to text the latest!!.

Have a delightful Friday after the holiday, RCers!
Aquarium sounds wonderful, probably a little more crowded but many people are away too. I did look at CR GW..since DH wants stuff to do at the resort AKL seems perfect! 2 weeks until checkin!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
You know what I don't understand... RO has always made deluxes cheaper for us but for some reason FD is cheaper! I priced it out 3 times for myself b/c I couldn't believe it!

Did it for a client as well and it was cheaper

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
I'm surprised too, but that is AWESOME news for all our September RCers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Ahh the "perfect vacation"

Hi So I been over reading about the 4th of July crowds at the Poly and although I always wanted to visit Disney for the 4th( won't now do to the H&H) I do know the resort Not to stay at
Goodness the picture someone posted of the people standing in front of their patio was crazy

I have to run out to do some grocery shopping, I want to get over to the cemetary too as I never did get there Wednesday it got just too awful hot out!
I bought pinwheels and flags to put on Jay's grave for the Holiday and missed it.
Be careful Sheila, I left work at 6am and it was nice out, got home about 40 min later..my sunglasses fogged from the H&H getting out of the car
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #885
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi Ladies, hope you all had a lovely independance day! I need some help here. My DM and DD watched the girls yesterday, we have arranged for them to watch them on MOndays and Thursdays while I go to work. My mom insisted upon this so that I didn't have to go back to working all evenings.
Well, she had DD9 in tears yesterday and so worked up after DH got home.

They were only here for 3 hours but she managed to convince DD9 that our eldest cat was DYING!! My mom has always been obsessed with death, negative things, sickness etc. She has not been feeling well, and can hardly walk without almost falling down, and she also cannot breathe right. She says she has pneumonia. Anyway, she told DD9 that the cat had lost weight, look at her eyes they look deathly, and she was not moving. Ummm...the cat was sleeping. I honestly thing she is starting to lose it, she is worse then ever. Very hard to be around.

The girls also said she was very snippy with them all. So, I was really upset. I grew up hearing my mom talk about death and dying all my life. It is kind of a theme, but I really don't want my girls to have to hear this. DD9 was hysterical last night.

I tried talking to her last night nicely about what happened but she denied everything and said DD9 made it all up. Then I asked if they were truly up to watching the kids while we went away and she said probably not. So I have looked into it and I will only lose $100 if we cancel with Jetblue.

So DH and I have decided to take them to Boston with us. But now the hotels are nearly all booked up, and we only have a couple of options. To stay in Medford at the Hyatt PLace which looks nice, has free breakfast, parking and is affordable. But far from the downtown and a 40 minute journey to Fenway Park by public transport.

Or the Hilton downtown Fanueil Hall. It is in the financial district, is pricey and the reviews are not great. But easier to get around with the kids to things. More direct. I would just have to figure out how to get there with the van!! any thoughts?

DH is not happy. Very annoyed in fact. But he wants to make this work now. Sorry for the novel. Ugh.

Jen
So sorry to hear this... :-/ I think I missed something though...Where were you going to stay when it was going to be adults only?
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: