Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #856
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Thinking of dropping CL now that we are doing a split stay...well possibly...maybe back to POR or a DTD hotel for 3 nights then 4 nights PBH CL and beach...I really want to do deluxe, let's face it the price is ridonculous A waterpark day may be needed, off to stalk Heather's old TR....Again, so glad to have you back Christine, you have been missed
I understand about the pricing of deluxe. Kinda in the same boat, but I'm trying to stay strong and stick with CBR the whole trip... :-/
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #857
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Happy 4th!!! So we have now changed resorts again! This will be the last time b/c we are getting close to our 45 days..

Went from CR with room only code to Poly with free dining & saved $120! Lol

DH is happy this is his resort of choice!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #858
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Mountains .... No internet ... Can't post much ... But did I see Dec flights?
Old 07-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #859
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Plenty of RC'ing going on in the Luv household for our 2nd anniversary in November! I know I've been MIA, so I can sum it all up in one post, lol!!

*Grand Californian Villas - 5 days
--Not available for our dates

*Disneyland Hotel - Resort/DD view - 5 days
--Ticket prices went way up, flights are expensive, we don't makes as much $$ now.

*YC-CL for 2 nights
--Just did that for my bday, dinner would be at Cali Grill at CR, marathon weekend--ew.

*Poly-CL for 2 nights
--Poly Punch--enough said. It hurts to think about that much $$ living next door.

*CR Tower Room for 2 nights
--Winning idea, but would miss CL, still $$$$ for living down the street.

*Grand Floridian Outer Building Suite for 1 night with Private Dinner on Patio
--Want to do this one day, but could do other stuff for the amount of $$$.

*Saturday night Private GF Dining on Commanders Terrace, and Sunday Cali Grill Dinner.

*Ummmm HELLO!! Let's try a Cruise!!!

Taking our first Nov 7th on the Dream for 3 days. I'm hoping I won't feel trapped, or get sick, so we're trying a 3 day first. I'm already looking for what I'm going to book next! I've read thru Heather's TR twice!! I feel like I'm in a completely different world!! Any words of wisdom are welcome!

I'm excited to try something new, and to actually get away for a bit. We're creeping up on a year of living here, and have already signed another year lease. I do miss going back to the room and relaxing, instead of coming home to dishes in the sink and towels to fold. We have had a great year, and I've had the pleasure of meeting up with lots of RC'ers--what fun times!!

Well have a great 4th of July!! The parks are in closing stages right now, but we're headed to DHS later for fireworks. My friend is in town and I can't wait to see her Enjoy!!

Old 07-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #860
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Going to have dinner at the in-laws then fireworks at the Capitol.
Have fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Letthewookiewin......Preferred room at POP is so close to the lobby and I love it! We always ask for the "can you dig it" building, nice resort we've been happy everytime we've stayed.

Well, since we'll be coming down in late September....probably a park day or two would be in cards! But right now we are staying WL CL for part of the trip...so we intend of getting all our $$ worth and definitely stay on resort for the last 4 nights!

In our town, there's a family way up on a hill that does the most amazing fireworks show I have ever seen...it's like 30 straight minutes of "finale" type non stop fireworks! So beautiful.!! We will be there tonight to watch...I love fireworks!
When we stayed at the Pop in June 2012, we had a preferred room, and we loved the location. In the picture below, we were in the 70's building with the green star on the corner, on the first floor.

Right now we're leaning toward the All Star Movies, just to try a new resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So you'd think I'd take a day off of making changes, even if they are only in my head...but I am leaning toward upgrading our last 3 nights at CR - BLV tower room. In doing so, I would A) lose a day. B) have to give up the dessert party. And C) end up paying a bit more OOP myself to get some GCs for dining the last few days...but it's a gorgeous view at a monorail resort!

Aarghh wish I could decide!!
That is a really hard one. A) Losing a day at WDW is bad for us, but we don't go often. B) I would love to do the desert party, but it isn't worth losing a stay at the CR for. C) Would paying OOP break the budget? If not I say go for it.

Just wanted to say that I love y'all. I can honestly say I like y'all more than some family member...especially certain sil's....who I took to see Rick Springfield a few years ago, yet fails to tell me he has a concert in town tonight.

Anyway, don't mix too many adult drinks with too many fireworks. Stay safe y'all and have a happy 4th!!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #861
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Have fun!!

When we stayed at the Pop in June 2012, we had a preferred room, and we loved the location. In the picture below, we were in the 70's building with the green star on the corner, on the first floor.

Right now we're leaning toward the All Star Movies, just to try a new resort.

That is a really hard one. A) Losing a day at WDW is bad for us, but we don't go often. B) I would love to do the desert party, but it isn't worth losing a stay at the CR for. C) Would paying OOP break the budget? If not I say go for it.

Just wanted to say that I love y'all. I can honestly say I like y'all more than some family member...especially certain sil's....who I took to see Rick Springfield a few years ago, yet fails to tell me he has a concert in town tonight.

Anyway, don't mix too many adult drinks with too many fireworks. Stay safe y'all and have a happy 4th!!
I'd love to try a new resort too! (Hence the CBR/CR split) And part of me wants to try CR this trip because we won't be back for a few years it sounds like but part of me wants the extra day and the dessert party for the same reasons...originally, we were only going to do 6 days when we were at CR. Then when I changed to AKL, we made it 7 days. Then I snagged BOG, moved our dates back and changed us to CBR so we made it 8 days. I don't want it to be too long of a trip though. We're already doing a day at Sea World before Disney...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 07-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #862
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Just want to post how impressed I am with Jeanette. No matter what obstacles come her way, she always manages to gracefully shove them out of the way and make room for happier times. She is a true inspiration in showing us all how to move on and forward. Thank you my dear friend - you are the epitome of strength through adversity.

Quote:
Thinking of dropping CL now that we are doing a split stay...well possibly...maybe back to POR or a DTD hotel for 3 nights then 4 nights PBH CL and beach...I really want to do deluxe, let's face it the price is ridonculous A waterpark day may be needed, off to stalk Heather's old TR....Again, so glad to have you back Christine, you have been missed
Love ridonculous and the idea of going back to POR. Are there any rooms that aren't villas or big suites where the entire Pas. family will fit? Would a CSR suite work or is it actually less to book two rooms? Speaking of Heather, how about a FWC?
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #863
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Have fun!!

Letthewookiewin....Nice! We were top floor, near Hippy Dippy pool...corner room closest to the yoyo and classic hall....really nice resort...thinking 3 days there before AKL...
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #864
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Just want to post how impressed I am with Jeanette. No matter what obstacles come her way, she always manages to gracefully shove them out of the way and make room for happier times. She is a true inspiration in showing us all how to move on and forward. Thank you my dear friend - you are the epitome of strength through adversity.
Beautifully said, Kook. .

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #865
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:

Exciting, I always mess up my surprises

I miss him, and I think of him often. You and I were the ones who unofficially changed his name to BWIFan
Awww....Pas, you are so good to me. I've missed you much, dear friend.

Hmm...if I may vote...NO to a DTD resort!!! Unless you mean POR...is BWI off the table now? What about WL back in the running? It has everything - MK resort, Brian will love it....price better than other deluxe...sounds like a great fit me moi.

Oh, surprises!! I am awful at keeping a surprise - I get so excited that I just must share!!

I miss our converted BWIfan .

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #866
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I am so over the top Happy to see all my RC friends posting away while I napped

I read through all the posts and possible changes, Jeanette & Krystal and my thoughts are CL or Not, more days or less days, value, mod or deluxe it is all Good! It's Disney or US or SeaWorld and much needed time with Family and Away from the real world!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #867
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:

heatherYou rock girlfriend

Absolutely Sheila, my best and closest friends are right here and always have been...sticker from Bree
Thank you Krystal!

Exciting, I always mess up my surprises

I miss him, and I think of him often. You and I were the ones who unofficially changed his name to BWIFan
Jeanette -- sooooo happy to see you still are here!!!! I had a feeling you'd be back, our home home is where our heart is....and all our hearts are right here with you!!!
I agree with you, and sheila, I think of our friend CR/BWI Fan often and miss his very knowledgable posts.....can't believe he won't be here to share his wisdom and many years of Disney experience anymore...it's a great loss

Jeanette -- I hope you don't change your BWI CL ressie, I'd so love your candid review of the resort/ CL experience! It is in first place running for my 2015 trip for the location/ and the overall feel of the area....I hope I can afford it, but if not, it will have to be AKL Kidani for us....I'm keeping fingers crossed I'll swing it somehow!!!
I am soooo missing WDW.....I dream about it and think about it daily!!! It's going to be torture to wait 18 months, I just wish I could get back sooner -- unfortunately that won't be the case with the distance/ and cost of airfare from Edmonton, Alberta -- this trip will be a good 10K for us, at least with all that we want to do -- Disney, definitely 3 days Universal, and I'd love to try one day at Busch Gardens! DH really wants to see the space centre, but I don't know if there's an economical way to add that on, it's alot of travelling about!
We shall see how it pans out!
I hope you keep your BWI reservation. I think it's a beautiful, quaint and whimsical resort -- it's charm keeps drawing me back every time I think about where to stay.

Love Ya!!!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #868
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
You put that so beautifully. That is why she is our Queen, our Obi-Wan of RC'ers.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #869
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You put that so beautifully. That is why she is our Queen, our Obi-Wan of RC'ers.
:-) yep!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #870
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
*Ummmm HELLO!! Let's try a Cruise!!!

Taking our first Nov 7th on the Dream for 3 days. I'm hoping I won't feel trapped, or get sick, so we're trying a 3 day first. I'm already looking for what I'm going to book next! I've read thru Heather's TR twice!! I feel like I'm in a completely different world!! Any words of wisdom are welcome!

I'm excited to try something new, and to actually get away for a bit. We're creeping up on a year of living here, and have already signed another year lease. I do miss going back to the room and relaxing, instead of coming home to dishes in the sink and towels to fold. We have had a great year, and I've had the pleasure of meeting up with lots of RC'ers--what fun times!!

Well have a great 4th of July!! The parks are in closing stages right now, but we're headed to DHS later for fireworks. My friend is in town and I can't wait to see her Enjoy!!
Hi Luv, thanks for the recap! and congrats on booking your first cruise! Enjoy the fireworks tonight!

Quote:

Wookie, same back at you!

Quote:
Perfectly stated Kook .. our Pas is a warrior, tough and resilent, yet soft, compassionate and vulnerable too.. and we love her.

Quote:

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: